Chapter Four: Night Silly

Loving You

Nichkhun and Stephanie were lying side by side on their king size bed. There was an obvious gap separating their bodies.  The newly weds knew that they need to have a serious discussion in order to make their marriage work.

“I was lying.” It came like a whisper from Khun, breaking the silence. He was looking at the ceiling, not sure about what he’s going to say next.

“Huh?” Stephanie turn her head, facing him.

“I won’t trap you in our marriage forever.”

“I know.”

“You do?”

“You deserve to be happy Khun, with someone who loves you as much as you love her and that person is not me. Maybe it used to be me, but as I’ve told you,my feeling’s changed. My heart’s no longer romantically attached to you. I feel bad at myself for ending our relationship like that cause I knew it would hurt you but I thought it would be the best for both of us.”

“What did I do that makes you change your feelings?”

“Nothing.  It just happened I guess and I know you’re not blind. Since last year when you’re in abroad to do your business meeting,I didn’t miss you like I used to. We’re not even married back then but our relationship already felt like a routine for me and I don’t want to feel that way for the rest of my life. Besides, I want to focus on my career.”

“Why didn’t you try to talk me? “

“I didn’t know how to explain it to you.”

“Did I suffocate you?”

“It’s not suffocating but I don’t know the feeling’s just gone. We should have talked about this when we’re broke up but no you just gave me a hug.”

“Because I knew nothing would change your mind. Was it easy for you to let me go? You never replied my message since we broke up.”

“Of course it’s not easy. You are my best friend Khun and you’re my boyfriend for half a decade, of course it’s not easy for me.  There were so many what ifs, what if I never meet someone like you again, what if I made a huge mistake by letting you go, what if my career would take me nowhere. Nevertheless,I need to find the answer by myself and you need to move on.”

“I’m sorry for letting this marriage to happen. I was mad when my dad said that you’re pregnant and the baby was mine but at the same time I was worried about you.There’s no way I would let you be alone dealing with your problem and since you said the baby was mine I took it as a sign that you want me to help you.”

“Lying to my parents was my mistake because I couldn’t just say ‘I don’t know mom, I had several one night stands in the past months’ so the only name that came out on my head was your name.”

Khun greeted his teeth, trying to supress his raising anger.

 “Technically I did nothing wrong cause we’re not in a relationship at time.”

“I know.”

“So why did you make me feel like I was cheating on you now?”

“I didn’t say anything, Steph.”

“But your face says it all!”

“WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?” he said harshly but then he took a deep breath to calm his inner jealousy. “Look, we can’t undo what has already happened. Do you still want to find the culprit who made you pregnant? I believe you’re able to recall one or two names and we can start from it.”

“Then what?  I have some names in my head but I can’t just ruin someone’s life or career by telling that I probably have their child. They could easily deny it and the only thing to prove it by taking DNA test to all of them. If our families find out about that, it will humiliate them and I don’t want that to happen. We’re already married afterall.”

“I’m glad that you finally can use your logic. So, what can I do to make this whole marriage thing easier for you? If you can’t love me as your lover then treat me as your bestfriend or brother, I don’t mind. But don’t ask me to stop loving you.”

“Oh babe, how could you say that you’re still loving me after what I did? Don’t you feel disgusted or angry with me?” Stephanie couldn’t help feeling touched by what Khun said.

“Everytime I look at you right now I feel angry with myself. I shouldn’t have let you go so you wouldn’t do your crazy sleeping around antics.”

Stephanie move closer towards Khun. She took his arm then using it as her pillow. His natural body odor attracted her more than usual. Meanwhile, Nichkhun still unsure whether it’s ok to turn his body and drape his other hand across her body.

“Don’t be angry at yourself. It was my choice there’s nothing you could do to prevent that to happen.”

“You can ask for a divorce if you find someone who’s able to make you happy more than Nate Archibald ever could.”

Stephanie smiled, recalling one of their sweet memories.

“I’m sleepy Khun and we need to go back to work tomorrow. “

“But we haven’t finished talking yet? So what should I do to make it easier for you?” He her hair lightly.

“Don’t think too much about it cause I don’t know how to answer that. Let’s do this naturally. We had been friends even before we started  our relationship back then. I don’t hate you Khun and I can’t say that I hate this marriage since I know I could be in a way worse situation,”

“I think it’s enough for me,”

“Night silly,”

Stephanie closed her eyes and snuggled under his chin. She couldn’t help inhaling his body scent which strangely calm her.

“Khun?”

“Hmm?”

“Did you change your body wash”

“Nope. Why?”

“I really like how you smell right now. Don’t ever change whatever you used to clean your body.”

“I won’t.”

“Good.”

Khun could felt her steady breathing on her neck. He tried to fight his growing drowsiness so he could cherish the moment longer. However, he failed. Slowly he closed his eyes while praying she was still in his arms in the next morning.

====

A.N.: Sorry for the short chapter kinda busy lately. I will try to update longer /and probably faster/ next time. Thanks for those who drop some comments and hello to the new subscribers <3

P.S.: I wonder how many of you who think that Khunfany are getting back together? Khunnie replied to a tiffany's fan+khunfany shipper in his latest fantalk and Tiffany changed her IG profile with birthday hat a day before Khunnie's bday. Kindaly share your thoughts =]