Chapter Three: 624801

Loving You

10am

Nichkhun woke to the bright sunlight shining through the window. He couldn’t sleep last night. His fight with Stephanie didn’t allow him to sleep peacefully. Although he had said that he would be mean towards her, he still cared. Watching her sleeping on the couch in an uncomfortable position was enough to melt his heart.

He was so mad at her. It felt like the Stephanie whom he knew had been gone and replaced by a stranger. The Stephanie whom he loved wouldn’t make abortion as her option.

He sighed.

After he had brushed his teeth he finally ready to face her.

====

Stephanie was watching the television. Not really watching actually, she was thinking about how to make the situation better for both of them.

 

My career and my current feeling towards Khun right now shouldn’t be my priorities.

My baby should be my priority.

I should be grateful, my parents didn’t disown me and they seemed so happy expecting their first grandchild

At least, I married to Khun  not to a random stranger.

He could deny that my baby wasn’t his to his parents but he didn’t do it so this marriage is his choice too.

He would be a good father for my future baby, that should be enough right?

 

 She was changing the channel mindlessly when she heard the door being opened. Sensing his present she became nervous.

She cleared .

“I’ve ordered your breakfast, it’s on the table.”

He ignored her but he noticed that she had ordered his favorite breakfast, a plate of eggs benedict with a glass of orange juice.

Without saying anything he sat on the dinning chair then ate his breakfast.

“I apologize for what I said last night.” said Stephanie breaking the suffocating silence.

“...”

She sighed.

“I’m going to take a shower and pack our stuffs. I will move to your apartment right? I mean OUR apartment.”

Instead of entering their shared bedroom, she made her way towards him.

Once she was next to him, she kissed his cheek briefly.

“You were right, it was my mistake, not yours, not our parents, and certainly not my baby’s ”  

He didn’t give any reaction and pretended as if nothing happened.

She brought her right palm to his left cheek. She caressed his face with her thumb softly to convey how she felt.

It didn’t work. He just let her do what she’s doing while eacting his breakfast. He acted like she was invisible.

She pulled her hand back.

“Tell me when you’re ready to check out.”

She walked to their bedroom , trying so hard to hold back her tears.

Once he heard that the door had been closed  he put his fork down then touched his left cheek.

====

The ride to their apartment was silent and awkward.

Stephanie, who was tired physically and mentally, decided to just sleep in the back seat while Khun sit in the passanger seat.

Mr. Cho, The Horvejkul family’s driver, was so confused with the atmosphere.

“Congratulation to your wedding son.”

“Thank you Uncle,” answered Khun without showing any excitement.

“Are you two good son? I feel like i just picked you both from a  funeral instead of a wedding celebration.”

“We’re good.”

Sensing that his young master wasn’t in a mood to have some convos, Mr. Cho stopped asking further.

It took them an hour to reach Khun’s apartement in Gangnam-gu, one of the elite areas in Seoul.

“We’re here son.”

Khun took a deep breath.

“Can you help me to wake her uncle? I will carry our stuffs ,”

“But son, don’t you think it’s better if you’re the one who carries her? she looks so tired i don’t have a heart to wake your princess.” Mr. Cho tried to lighten the gloomy atmosphere.

Khun didn’t say anything. He got their belongings then walked straight to the elevator, leaving Mr Cho with a sleeping Stephanie.

“Stephanie, we’ve arrived dear.”

Stephanie felt someobody was tapping her shoulder lightly. She opened her eyes and tried to remember where she was.

“Where’s Khun?”

“He went in first.”

“Oh.”

“Because he had to go to the restroom,” he added.

Stephanie knew that he was lying but she didn’t question him any further, too afraid of knowing the real reason.

 “I’ve been being his family driver for a decade and that’s how long I’ve known you two. I always think that he would marry you since he loves to brag about you.  So be happy, make a lot of babies,” he laughed.

“Thank you Uncle, kindly send my regards to your family,”

====

She pressed the code to open his apartement, ‘624801’.

‘He hasn’t changed it’

The apartement looks like the last time she visited, neat and homey.

It consisted of two bedrooms, the first one was the master bedroom and the other was his workspace. A  55-inch LED TV sit grandly in the marble-floored living room with a customized classic sofa, a small table and a baby pink loveseat. Yes, she was the one who bought their loveseat.

There’s  a breakfast bar,  a kitchen, and a small laundry room.

She could see the magnificent views of Seoul at night from the windows but somehow it made  her feel more empty.

She sat in their loveseat, contemplating whether she should try to talk to him again or just let him be. Her thoughts were interupted by  the sound of her growling stomach.

She opened his refrigerator and she found nothing.

'When was the last time he bought his groceries?'

She knocked at the door of his room three times but he didn’t answer. After few seconds she decided to open the door which, fortunately, wasn't locked.

“Khun, what do you want for dinner?”

She saw him standing alone in the balcon, drinking a glass of red wine.

“Khun?”

Still no reaction.

Slowly, she approached him.

“Khun, what do you want for dinner? Let’s have a delivery I’m too lazy to go outside,” she asked him casually.

“...”

“Can’t you stop ignoring me? With your attitude, It feels like you’re the one who’s pregnant here not me,”

He sighed.

“Look, I’m sorry for saying what I said last night. I felt tired and badly overwhelmed by my current condition. I didn’t expect any of these to happen to me. It’s just too much for me at that moment.”

“...”

“Fine, keep acting like this. I won’t eat my dinner unless you eat with me!,” she stormed out of the room  in a rage.

====

Stephanie was watching a random tv show when she heard their video intercom buzzing.

She dragged her feet lazily to get the call.

“Yes”

“Hello Mam’. There’s a delivery guy from the Fusion Restaurant. Can we let him in?”

“Huh? but we didn’t.. oh wait.. KHUN DID YOU ORDER SOMETHING FROM FUSION?”she shouted, still angry for being ignored.

“Yes,” answered Khun calmly as he came out from his room to get a drink.

“Yes, let him in. Thank you,” she ended the call.

“Just so you know, I won’t touch any food unless you eat together with me,” she reminded him.

“I know.”

“I take it as we’re gonna have our dinner together.”

“...”

“Let me take a shower first, I feel so stinky.”

“...”

“and i thought you’ve stopped ignoring me.”

She left;  feeling disappointed.

====

Stephanie had changed into her favorite pajama. She tought that it’s better to not wear anything revealing.

When she looked at the dining table she saw her favorite mouthwatering eel bbq, fettucinne carbonara, roasted vegetable mac 'n' cheese, beef bbq, vegetable beef soup, and chicken tortilla soup.

Khun was playing with his phone, waiting for her.

“Thanks boo,” she kissed his cheek before she take a seat on the opposite.

“You eat first. I won’t touch any of these before you do.”

She waited for his reaction.

“My wife is so demanding,” said Khun which made her grinned.

He took her plate and filled it with her favorites.

“Dig in.”

She shook her head while taking his plate and filled it with some carbonaras.

“Now, it’s better,”

She gave him her eyesmiles then took her first bite.