Chapter One: The Wedding Night

Loving You

Hotel room, 9pm.

“I feel so disgusted,” said Stephanie to Nichkhun who was busy taking off his suit in front of the mirror. She was sitting on their bed facepalming her situation.

They’ve just held their wedding privately, exactly a week after Nichkhun agreed to marry her.  There were not more than 20 guests who attended their wedding party in a 5-star hotel in Seoul, The Shilla Seoul.

It didn’t feel like a party for Stephanie though. She had to endure the talk about the baby wasn’t Nichkhun behind her back. She wanted to cry but she knew there was no use to cry. The very least she could do was giving her fake smile to save their parents face.

As for Nichkhun, he couldn’t stop smiling. He proudly announced that he was happy that he would become a daddy soon. It wasn’t a surprise because he was known for being a family man type.

Nichkhun and Stephanie had not talked properly about their situation yet. After he agreed, he didn't asked for her explaination. Their wedding was prepared by Horvejkul family because they felt sorry to Hwang family.

Nichkhun wasn’t ignorant. He knew what people said about his wife and he tried to shut them up. He was the one who thanked the guests for coming. He was the one who convinced everyone around them that he was happy and the baby was his by caressing Stephanie’s tummy in front of everyone frequently.

“You must be tired. Do you want me to go outside so you can change your dress?,” asked Nichkhun after he'd changed his suit.

"It's not like you haven't seen me before,"

Stephanie took a deep breath.

“You are always so kind to me. You deserve someone better than me. I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have dragged you to this mess,” Stephanie was trying so hard to held her tears.

“I’m going to call for a room service, you didn’t touch your food at our wedding party. What do you want for dinner?,” asked Nichkhun ignoring what Stephanie just said.

“STOP IT! Just stop being nice! It makes me feel more guilty,” cried Stephanie.

“Hello. Yes, I’m Nichkhun from Room 24601. Can you help me to order some foods from Continental? My wife and I want to have our late-dinner here. Ok, I want 2 portions of sirloin steak, one medium and well-done. Don’t forget to bring some appetizer and desert too. My wife loves strawberry ice cream. Hmm, a glass of Strawberry mocktail and a bottle of the best Pinot Noir you can get.  Thank you,” Khun ended his phone call.

Stephanie listened to him in silent. She never felt so guilty in her entire life.

“Seriously you need to change your dress to the comfortable one. I’m sleepy, wake me up when our dinner is here,” said Khun while laying his body on the other side of the bed.

Stephanie just stared at him trying to get comfortable on his pillow.

====

 “Why didn’t you touch your steak?” asked Nichkhun while slicing his portion of meat.

“I have no appetite,” said Tiffany.

They were sitting in front of each other. The atmosphere was awkward.

"Khun, we need to talk,"

“Eat. If it’s not for you then for the baby,” said Nichkhun.

“Dammit, don’t be too nice on me it makes me feel more guilty,”

Nichkhun sipped his wine to calm his mind.

“I want to abort this thing. I shouldn’t have married you and dragged you to my mess,” cried Tiffany suddenly.

As it was being said, Nichkhun threw her glass of wine to the wall.

Tiffany was shocked looking at his anger, he used to be so calm in dealing on every situation. Even when she was ending their relationship Nichkhun just gave her a hug and accepted it.

“It’s too late don’t you think. I’m already your husband,” Khun started to lose his patience.

“I will talk to our parents,”

“Then what? You want to destroy their happiness and humiliate them? Humiliate me? You are the one who made the mistake not us, not your baby, Steph,”

“You don’t understand Khun. I’m not ready to be a mother. I shouldn’t have lied to our parents. Yes, tomorrow I will contact the clinic and get rid of this thing,”

Nichkhun slammed the table.

“ I’ve known you for a decade. We dated for 5 years. I never think you could say something like that,” It sounded like a whisper.

“You have no right on this thing. It wasn’t yours,”

“I’m your ing HUSBAND,” shouted Nichkhun.

“Let’s get divorced!”

“I won’t divorce you. You are trapped with me for the rest of your life. If me being nice annoys you I will be mean to you, you deserved it afterall. Thanks to you, I’ve lost my appetite too. What a great wedding night,”

Nichkhun left their table, walked to their shared bedroom and slammed the door.