Chapter 1

Haircuts and Glasses

I shifted my bangs to the side of my face and took a couple steps into the town. The sign "Hill Valley" was still making me smirk a little. It must have been some kind of joke. My vision was disrupted for a moment as a large red flag flashed before my eyes. I was even more surprised when I felt an arm around my shoulder and a low, charming voice in my right ear.
 


"Hi there. Welcome to Hill Valley."  The guy speaking to me had bleached blonde hair and was wearing a dark red bullfighting costume. He waved his red flag again and placed himself in front of me. "What brings a lovely girl like yourself to our little town?" He smiled handsomely.
 


I blinked a took a step back. "Um, I'm just handing in a legal document for an apartment. I need to give it to the sheriff?"
 


"So you will be living here?"
 


"Yeah for a little bit." I nodded.
 


"Excellent!" The guy smiled big like a child and held out his hand. "My name is Hyukjae, but everyone calls me Eunhyuk."
 


"Hello." I nodded politely and shook his hand.
 


"And your name is?"
 


"Jill." I glanced around him. "Is the sheriff around? Or does he have an office?"
 


Eunhyuk moved to the side and motioned toward the saloon. "He's on break right now, so it's a good time to talk to him. You take care now." His gaze moved to a bunch of girls walking out of a building to my right. Before I could answer him, he was already talking with the group, laughing and showing off his red flag. The girls seemed to swoon and laugh like he was the funniest person in the world.
 


I slowly turned my gaze to the saloon and walked up to it.