Fighter

The Big Secret of Seol High

Fighter

After my sister died I decided to take up judo so I could defend myself and others that were bullied. At first I was the worst in the class but with practice and a little anger I didn’t as bad anymore. My teacher, Ashton (he’s an Aussie), said that I’m improving very much and that I have learned a lot of discipline. He’s the person that I’ve looked up to the most after Jin’s death. Sure she was my little sister but that doesn’t mean that I couldn’t look up to her.

Daehyun told me he wanted to apologize and talk to me so I told him to meet me at my favorite ice cream shop. He’s leaning against the wall outside and I hold up a peace sign. He smiles and when I get close enough to him I punch him. I make sure nobody is looking and I push him into the alley beside the shop.

“Lim, what the hell?” Daehyun looks truly confused.

Angrily, I push him into a couple of trash cans and he stumbles. I punch him again, drawing blood from his nose.

“I am trying to help you!”  I judo flip him and punch him, my ring cutting his cheek. “And this is how you repay me?” I punch him and kick his side making him cough up blood. Oops. That wasn’t supposed to happen. I don’t care, “By ripping up my sister’s letter?” I pick him up and slam him into a wall, “Sorry Daehyun, but I’m done.” I let him fall onto the floor helplessly.

 

♪ ♪ ♪

 

The nurse stares at us with wide eyes and a slack jaw. Daehyun is mumbling something incomprehensible under his breath. His head is on my shoulder and his arm around my waist. I’m holding him up at this point.

Once the dark eyed nurse gets over shock she asks, “What happened?”

Daehyun laughs and spits out blood before saying, “Fell out of a window.”

“Twice.” I add, holding up two fingers.

The nurse doesn’t look too convinced but she helps me take him to one of the hospital’s rooms. He rinses his mouth and I wait outside until he comes out with a band aid on his cheek and nose. Daehyun comes out smiling slightly and the nurse is blushing. Oh my god. What the hell did he do?

“So what exactly happened?” She asks.

“Well I was sitting next to a window and then I saw her, then I got stunned by her beauty and I fell.” Daehyun winks at me.

“Yeah, then this idiot thought it was fun so he came back up and jumped out.” I roll my eyes.

“Right… Well you both are free to go now.” The nurse nods.

Daehyun puts his hand on her hip and whispers something in her ear. They go back to the room and he comes out with a broad smile.

“The nurse is very nice.” Is all Daehyun says.

I roll my eyes and walk through the long depressing hallways of the hospital with Daehyun beside me. There’s a little girl with no hair in a wheel chair. She smiles and waves at us, Daehyun gives her a sweet smile and a wave. I smile at her and hold up a peace sign. As you can see I am not a waving type of person even with dying little girls. Next, a boy with casts on his arm, leg and neck passes us in a wheel chair. When we reach the exit I take a deep breath and smile. Finally I’m free, no more sick, hurt, dying people.

We run to catch the bus at the corner of the street. “Lim? Um… what did you mean you were done?” Daehyun asks once we sit down.

“I mean after I write this article you can forget you ever knew me and I’ll forget I ever knew you.” I look straight ahead.

We stay silent until the bus stops where we’re supposed to get off. As we’re walking to our homes I literally run into a tall dirty blonde guy.

“Hello Lim.” He smiles at me.

“Hi Ashton!”

“Who’s this?” He nods at Daehyun.

“An acquaintance.” I tell him.

“Then he won’t mind if I take you out for ice cream tonight?”

“We actually have a date tonight.” Daehyun interjects.

“Well we can go now.” Ashton suggests, “Him too.”

“Sure!” I say at the same time Daehyun says, “No.”

“Maybe some other day.” He leaves

 

☼ ☼ ☼

 

Daehyun said he’s pick me up at eight so I decide to put on some nice yet comfortable clothes. At eight p.m. sharp there’s a knock on the door and I go downstairs. Unfortunately my mom and dad get there first. He’s wearing some nice clothes, no tuxedo or anything like that but he looks hot. I mean nice. Yeah, nice. They sit him down on the armchair in front of the couch.

“Where are you taking our daughter?” My dad asks.

“Well I’m planning on taking her out for pizza…” Daehyun responds.

My parents bombard him with questions until they’re comfortable letting me go. Daehyun opens the car door for me and I get inside. We drive in silence until we get to the pizza place. “We’ll order to go, so we can have a picnic.”

 

♣ ♣ ♣

 

Daehyun and I are sitting on a blanket with a half-eaten pizza box in front of us.

“So what happens after the news is out? You know, about the band? How do you think people will take the news?” Daehyun asks, “I mean I could lose everything, all of my friends, my grades and even Yuri.”

I chuckle, “Don’t you get it Daehyun? You and I, we’ve built these walls around ourselves. We built them so people wouldn’t be able to see how messed up we really are, so we could hide.” I bring my knees up to my chest, “But it’s backfiring, the walls are slowly caving in and we’re stuck trying to breathe and figure out how to build them again.” I pause, “But we can’t, the walls as well as us, everything we have pretended to be is broken. All of it is dead and gone. We’re so used to our friends defending us that we don’t know what to do.” I smile, “This couldn’t have lasted forever though, after high school nobody is going to care anymore. There will be no more populars, no nerds, no Yuri and more importantly no more teachers.”

“Goddammit Lim.”

“What?”

“Just. Stop, okay? Stop trying to understand. You’re just a damn outcast.” He gets up and starts to walk away.

“Takes one to know one.” I mutter.

Daehyun gives me the finger before fading into the night and I smile at how childish he acts.

 

Ω Ω Ω

 

The next day I am sitting at lunch with a very disgusting, very cuddly Mitsuki and Zelo. It’s cute but they make me lose my appetite. I stare at my plate blankly and put in my earbud thingies. In The End by the y American Black Veil Brides starts playing.

“Lim!” Mitsuki says urgently.

My head pops up, I feel it hit something and I hear a shriek behind me. Mitsuki and Zelo laugh and I turn to see what I did. Yuri has her Kimchi spilled all over her. I laugh at her angry look.

“What are you laughing at you stupid little bug?” She snarls.

I stand up and face her properly. She’s taller than me with her heels on.

“Well?”

All I do is stare at her in response.

“Ugh!” She opens her drink and pours it all over me earning worried cries from Mitsuki and Zelo. All eyes are on us, “Do you have anything to say now?”

“Hi.” I smile. I am done playing her stupid game.

“You think you’re so clever you little . All you are is an outcast, nobody will ever love you. Not Daehyun, not your stupid little friends, nobody.”

“Leave her alone you-” Mitsuki starts but I hold my hand up to stop her.

“Look man, I don’t owe you anything. Don’t you get it? I’m letting you drink this so you can be happy but I won’t let you suffocate me. I don’t ing care if Daehyun loves me, he’s messed up, he thinks his popularity is everything. People call my idols nobody so I’m okay with them loving me and my friends.” I laugh, “At least I didn’t pay them to hang out with me. What else can you take from me? There isn’t a single day that I haven’t fought to stay alive. I should tear you and your little sister to shreds because that’s what you deserve. But I won’t because I’m not weak like my little sister, she might have given up because of the words people said to her. They just wanted her to give up and get out and she gave them that but I am here to stay. You are a fake hypocrite.”

She slaps me and there’s a big ‘ooh’ and suddenly a bunch of people are surrounding us. Daehyun is standing behind Yuri giving her a murderous look.

“I’d hit you back but I’m afraid that would be animal abuse.” I give her a quick sarcastic smile and go to the girls’ room to clean myself up.

 

gif credit: d-aehyuns via @ tumblr

Author E’s note: So… that happened. I was listening to Motionless In White and Black Veil Brides while I wrote this so that should explain it lol. I DON’T OWE YOU ANYTHING, YOU’LL ONLY DIE A DREAM FORGOTTEN. I might have quoted them… PLZ DON’T SUE!!!!!!!!! The songs are devil’s night by MIW and coffin by BVB. Okie bye!

Author L's note: Lim is such a badass i luv herrr!! She's a fighter from start to finish wooo!! & daehyun is such a jerk how dare he who does he think he is, getting mad for lim at the end? lol i'm sry, no hate for actual daehyun, he's a fluffy tender one lol. but it's interesting to see your characters in different situations & i love your subtlety author e, your pace is quick and so surprising it's funny most of the time :-) lim's monologues ​are A+ deep u_u the first one about the built walls reminded me so much of one of my fave tv shows, and fave british show, called my mad fat diary. it recently just ended with a grande finale and omg it just gave me all these feels!! this is truly beautiful, author E! and lim's last one to yuri reminded me sooooo much of school 2015, i was telling author E how we basically just rewrote school 2015 in a fanfic xD it was totally unintentional omfg life is crazy like that. ugh i just really like this! hope you all enjoyed as well :-) subs and comments are appreciated as always <3 love ya'll! -L