Memories

The Big Secret of Seol High

Memories

Mitsuki and I are interviewing the guys. First we’ll interview them separately, then together as a band. I gave her a list of questions to ask Zelo, Youngjae and Jongup while I interview Yongguk, Himchan and Daehyun. Himchan is eager to go first and I let him since Daehyun is sulking and Yongguk is on his phone.

He leads me to his room happily. There’s a bunch of filming equipment by his vanity table, his bed is next to one of the windows then there’s his desk full of unorganized papers. Himchan sits on the chair for his vanity table and I sit in his desk chair.

“So when did you guys meet?” I ask.

“It was in eighth grade and we were in Daehyun’s grandfather’s shop and things went on from there.” Himchan says thoughtfully.

“Did they know you were a YouTuber?”

“Yongguk and Daehyun did.”

After I write that down I ask another question, “So people have called you gay and a in the past, how does that make you feel?”

“Well they’re not wrong.” He shrugs.

“That explains a lot. Not all of it but a lot.” I say thoughtfully.

“Like what?”

“Like your undying love for Yongguk.”

He blushes and tells me to get on with the interview.

 

►►►

 

“Who inspired you to do music?”

“Himchan and Big Bang.” Yongguk nods as if approving his sentence.

“Have you always wanted to be in a band?” I ask him.

“Hell no. Mom forced me to join band and at first I was only in the band because of Himchan.” He scrunches up his nose.

Curiously, I raise my eyebrows.

“You know, because he annoyed me into doing it.”

“Right…” I say skeptically. Bang Yongguk and Kim Himchan together, how adorable!

 

▬ ▬ ▬

 

“So how did you feel when you brought together boys from different cliques to be in one band?”

Daehyun doesn’t answer and instead keeps looking at the ceiling.

“Oh c’mon! That’s the 15th question I’ve asked you!” I complain.

He tilts his head down and looks right into my eyes with his fiery ones, “So by now you should know that you won’t get an answer out of me.”

“But you have to give me an answer. If not I could be kicked out of journalism!”

“I don’t care, just like you don’t care about us.”

“I do care! That’s why I’m doing this!” I argue.

Daehyun stands up and puts his hands on each arm of the chair. He leans in close to my face so I can feel his warm breath on my nose.

“Right. Now. You are really annoying me.”  He whispers, “And I really want to kiss you but I won’t because if the others walk in on us they’ll only make fun of me.” His brown eyes seem to be burning into mine. His perfect face is so close to me, I need to say something before something happens.

“There you go with your insecurities again! You need to stop because if you continue with that your band will never be noticed, wasn’t that the goal of your band in the first place?”

He smiles, “Well I’m sorry for being rude to you.”

“As you should be. Now answer some of my questions.”

Daehyun laughs and goes back to his seat, “You just ruined the moment.”

 

⌂⌂⌂

 

Zelo is tapping his fingers on the table repeatedly, Yongguk is staring at the table with focused eyes, Himchan has his eyes closed in concentration, Daehyun is biting his lip, Youngjae is frowning and Jongup is scrolling through his phone. Mitsuki and I exchange annoyed looks. It’s been about ten minutes since we asked them what song they all liked (that they didn’t write) and they still haven’t come up with anything.

“We can just make one up if you guys can’t come up with anything.” Mitsuki says.

“No way! It’s probably gonna be girly.” Jongup argues.

“Lim show him our favorite song.” Mitsuki crosses her hands over her chest and stares and Jongup intently.

Smiling I take out my phone and look up ’Perfect Weapon’ on YouTube. It’s by an American band called ‘Black Veil Brides.’ Mitsuki and I started listening to them two years ago and we have loved them since then.

"This record is for the outcasts. Following are stories of love, life and never giving in we are the Black Veil Brides"

All of them frown except for me and Mitsuki who are smiling giddily. Andy (the lead singer) screams and we get mixed reactions from them. Throughout the song there is screaming and singing, I can tell they don’t know how to feel about that. When the song end they all look at each other and say “No.” In unison.

“What?” Mitsuki sounds insulted.

“Why?” I ask curiously.

“Too much screaming.” Zelo says. 

“Screaming is a part of life.” Mitsuki smirks and I hold in my laughter.

Zelo frowns, looking quite confused. The rest of the band is laughing which makes him even more confused.

Himchan gasps excitedly and Yongguk rolls his eyes. “Loser by Big Bang!”

They all nod. Finally they agreed on something. I write the song down quickly and smile when I see that that was the final question.

 

☼☼☼

 

I lay on my bed bouncing a ball against the wall in front of me. Boredom is the life out of me. I wish I had something to do. Sighing, I catch the ball and close my eyes. If my sister were here I wouldn’t be this bored. She died two years ago, people bullied her until she gave up. That’s when I started listening to Black Veil Brides. They were her favorite band and she never even got to see them live.

A hot tear rolls down my cheek and I wipe it away quickly. She asked me not to cry for her so I didn’t cry at her funeral and I won’t cry now. At first it was hard but over time I have become used to the pain I feel so I don’t want to cry as much.

I open my eyes, “I’m sorry Jin.”

 

☚ ✉ 

Author E's Note: Omg so apparently bap is a type of bread! My mind is freaking blown! Bands have taken over ^-^ When Andy says “blind” in Goodbye Agony he covers his eyes and it is so frikin cutie pie! Plus Ashley had his shirt on which is super-duper rare but I love his Outlaw tattoo. Jinxx’s violin skills are so off the chain you can’t even see them anymore Jake is pure perfection and CC is so adorable! I just can’t! Anyway I’m really off topic hope you enjoyed!

Author L's Note: banghim are favvvvv ;-) limhyun scene on point! there's so much tension between them it's gloriousss~~ u just HAD to include more bvb xD author e -fangirl mode- is adorbs!! you're cuuuute, bff ;-3 i cANT BELIEVE YOU CHOSE THE NAME JIIIIINN!!! THAT'S MY BTS (KPOP) BIASSSS!!!! IM SCREAMING OUR MINDS ARE SO CONNECTED (??) WE'RE FATE /HIDES/ ahhhh!!! i was planning to subtly introduce lim's dead relative in my chapter buuutt change of plans i suppose! and lim's last scene is so sentimental, love it! you're sO MUCH better at time skips than meeeeee, you skip around a lot but with good details and it just all works out and ughhhh i wish i'd filter all my stuff, but once i start i can't stop and i end up with ton of unnecessary details lol but i'm so bad with letting things go and dropping lines i can never beta ;n; BIGBANG!!!!!!! LOSER FITS THEM :') also i've become seventeen trash and they r precious dork bbys. all ya'll should check them out ^.^ you know the usual: subs and comments are appreciated! for once it looks like i'll be able to finish a fic, i've nver completed a chaptered fic before OTL. glad it's alongside my best friend! love, -L