Hmmm, What'cha Saaay~~ Pt 03

Crave that Sauce!

 

This ended up way longer than I'd planned but I couldn't find  a place to cut it short. I try to speak the dialogue out loud to see if conversations flow naturally and Sehun is starting to sound like Regina George from "Mean Girls", just with a deeper voice. He's just got too much sass and is way too cunning for his own good. I feel bad for what I have him doing XD;;;... If you've never seen Mean Girls, it's a classic and actually heavily influenced this fic. LOL! I also listened to the OST to Apollo Justice - Ace Attorney for Sehun's parts XD;;;! I've provided links in what I hope isn't a too distracting way. You may want to right-click to open in a bg window. Enjoy.

 

--- --- --- ---

 

While Baekhyun was in Target...

 

"Speak of the devil..." Sehun breathed.

 

("Court room Lobby")

 

He turned around quickly and picked up his chopsticks with his right hand and stuffed a big chunk of rice into his mouth so that he could chew and think. 

 

He had to decide what to do right now.

 

Should he engage Kyungsoo? Act oblivious? Wait for Kyungsoo to notice him? Play dumb? He needed some kind if strategy. Sehun hadn't been prepared for a chance encounter like this and he clenched his jaw at his own slip up. An investigative journalist was supposed to be prepared at all times.

 

A story could drop at a seconds notice.

 

"What're you even doing on this side of town...?" Sehun wondered out loud but very softly, just in case his words weren't drowned out by the ambient chatter outside.

 

With his left hand he tapped the menu screen of his phone, then he tapped the camera icon and shifted in his chair. Discreetly, in just the span of a few seconds, he snapped a few photos of Kyungsoo. Then he flipped the view and took a photo of the exterior of the sushi bar.

 

These photos were evidence. He didn't know what or when he'd need them, but he knew he had to have them.

 

"Your order is coming up soon, Mr. K. I'm sorry for the delay but we ran out of a few of the items you ordered..." The front desk girl fretted over Kyungsoo like it was her personal responsibility to see he was well. "And a-are you feeling better?"

 

Kyungsoo nodded and polished off the rest of his water. "It's no problem. And yes, I'm fine..." He replied. But he sounded tired. "You always take good care of me. It's why I like coming here."

 

Sehun chewed quieter so he could hear. Damn cucumber crunching all loud... Ah-ha! That was it. He could eavesdrop! He was going to listen, learn, and observe for the first phase of his strategy. It was time to put his ear hustling skills to the test.

 

Quickly, Sehun tapped back to his open Word document from earlier and started taking notes.

 

("Trance Logic")

 

1. - Kyungsoo comes here often enough to be recognized by name and face? At least since he got back to the States...

 

"...But you shouldn't be eating sushi." Sehun mumbled and shifted his gaze to the right. After extensive research about expecting a baby, he knew well that some foods, especially fish, just weren't safe for pregnant people to eat. 

 

"Your seaweed soup is my favorite. It's always so fresh." Kyungsoo said. Then he pressed the palm of his free hand to his black sweater covered stomach and took a deep breath. "A friend suggested this place to me. Honestly, I'm not a big fan of sushi but I haven't... had much of an appetite lately. The soup helps a lot."

 

Sehun had never heard Kyunsgoo sound this nice in all of the years he'd known the other teen. There was definitely something more... gentle about him. He stuffed two more sushi pieces into his mouth with rice and chewed, then he washed it down with miso, all with his left hand and took a swig of his water. For the first time in his life he felt blessed that he was ambidextrous. 

 

2. - Is Park this "friend"? Or maybe it's the real baby-daddy? Is Kyungsoo still actively seeing him? Does he live nearby? 

3. - And he's got morning sickness...?

 

Sehun shook his head. He always thought that term, morning sickness, was ironic because here it was well into the afternoon.

 

4. Which means he's at least 2 to 6 weeks along... Potentially in 2nd trimester?

 

That's when the mourning sickness started depending on the person, or so pregnancy books had said, but no one really fretted over a two or three weeks old fetus unless they were really trying hard to have a baby.

 

Sehun's thumb hovered over his cell keypad and he used his other hand to dip one of the last two pieces of his salmon into soy sauce, then then he gulped it down without really chewing it too well. It actually upset him that he didn't get to taste it.

 

"Wait..."  He raked his tongue across his teeth and re-read his last note. A new piece of information had potentially revealed itself. For some reason six weeks sounded familiar to him. Someone had said it before but he was struggling to recall when, where and who.

 

"...Gotta check my notes later." Sehun told himself.

 

Kyungsoo and the clerk girl began moving around behind him so Sehun hastily organized his plastic food trays and utensils back into the bag to dump in the trash. If Kyungsoo bolted right after he got his order, he'd be ready.

 

(end theme)

 

Second phase of attack; Engage Kyunsgoo.

 

Kyungsoo had his back to Sehun but almost like he felt Sehun's inquisitive and calculating gaze boring into his existence, he tensed very and slowly swiveled his neck to look around.

 

For one horrific moment Sehun honestly thought Kyungsoo's head would do a full 180 degree spin, like something out of The Exorcist, but the other boy eventually shifted his entire body so he could turn and look right at Sehun with those obsidian chip colored eyes of his.

 

Kyungsoo's heart shaped lips pulled into a sneer. "Can I help you?" He asked lowly in open suspicion. Then he crossed his arms. "You're looking at me like you know me."

 

Sehun almost looked over his shoulder to see if Kyungsoo was addressing someone else because there was no way the other boy was playing dumb and acting like he didn't recognize him.

 

No one ever forget Oh Sehun.

 

Then Sehun remembered he had on his sunglasses and he'd since dyed his hair back to it's natural color. He'd been blonde end of school last Spring.

 

Okay, change of plan. Initiate Play Dumb phase.

 

"I was just checking to see if--Wait. Kyungsoo?" Sehun whipped off his sunglasses and blinked hard in surprise.

 

"Oh, heeeey! *Dios mío, ni siquiera me di cuenta de que eras ! Que bueno verte." He said. (trans; *oh my god I didn't even realize that was you! Good to see you.")

 

That's right he knows some Spanish too. 

 

The cashier looked up at him for a second from whatever she was doing at the register in open bewilderment before she shrugged and went back to minding her business.

 

Even though Sehun was acting, what he'd said could have passed as the truth because Kyungsoo looked nothing like his photo from a few weeks ago in Spain where his skin had been glowing and radiant and his smile had been wide and sincere. Now it was like someone had lowered the opacity in Photoshop on just his skin tone then set it to gray scale.

 

Kyungsoo was a black hooded cloak and two shades shy of looking like a teenaged version of the Grim Reaper.

 

For his part, Kyungsoo didn't outwardly react in a way that indicated he was surprised to see Sehun but he did squeeze his water bottle tight. He understood what Sehun said and, despite the language, he picked up on how sarcastic it was.

 

"Oh... It's you." Kyungsoo half gritted out. "*Es bueno verte también, I guess." He replied, tone and pronunciation flawless, smooth, and fluid. (*trans: "It's good to see you too...") 

 

("Cross Examination - Moderate")

 

Sehun smiled very, very slowly, then he looked Kyungsoo up and down. "I was just testing you. I bet it's been weird re-adjusting to English and Korean since you got back. Luhan kept getting mixed for a few days. But this is such a coincidence right? I saw Chanyeol's Tweet about you guys finally making it back to the States but no one seems to have seen you since you got home."

 

He waited for Kyunsgoo to process what he said or show any indication that he knew Chanyeol had come to his house several nights ago, but Kyungsoo just shrugged.

 

"We've been been busy... Ooobviously." He drawled after a moment.

 

His Professor Snape deadpan was spot on.

 

Sehun put his hand over his heart and sighed dramatically. "I bet. I kept up with your little vacation blog and you have so much going on."

 

Kyungsoo's left eyebrow went up and the only reason Sehun could see it under the shadow of his cap was because Kyungsoo lifted his chin up a little to silently tell him to go on.

 

Good. Sehun had his full attention.

 

"I gotta admit I was a little bit jealous of you two." Sehun clasped his hands together and sighed wistfully. "It must have been soooo relaxing having an extended vacation in one of the most romantic cities in all of Spain. Madrid is gorgeous in the summer and it has all of that delicious looking food, amazing art, history, and music. Must have been romantic. I saved that one photo of your little candlelit dinner under the moonlight." Sehun held up his phone and waved it side to side.

 

"The stars were shining so bright that night. Like... diamonds in the sky." Sehun shifted his gaze to Kyungsoo's hand with a slow, knowing, and exaggerated tilt of his head, but he couldn't see anything because the sleeves of Kyungsoo's sweater were pulled up past his finger tips. 

 

The other boy definitely got that not so subtle hint though.

 

"It was nice, yes." Kyungsoo agreed with zero enthusiasm. "I'm sure Luhan has told you some stories."

 

Sehun tucked a tuft of hair behind his ear, bit his bottom lip, then he chuckled. Touché . Touché. He thought.

 

"Anyways, how ya been?" Sehun decided to redirect the flow of conversation then he leaned back in his seat and crossed his long legs like he had nothing but time.
 

Kyungsoo cleared his throat before he spoke. "I'm doing okay." He replied. Then he stood up and adjusted his sweater and cap almost like he was trying to do everything possible to cover every inch of his skin. Even his hair, that was a bit longer, covered his ears. His locks were sort of limp and looked dry though. It was like Kyungsoo had missed a deep conditioning day. His black face mask was tucked under his chin but he tugged at it like he meant to pull it back up. 

 

"As well as to be expected..." Kyungsoo added softly. Almost like it was an afterthought.

 

Sehun frowned as he assessed the boy in front of him very critically. He was trying and failing to scope out any tell-tell signs of pregnancy. If he hadn't been told Kyungsoo was expecting he'd never know. Alternatively, if someone had told him Kyungsoo was sick with the flu or something he'd believe that without a second thought. Standing now on what seemed like weak legs, Kyungsoo looked haggard, wary, and... fragile.  

 

His gaze zeroed in on Kyungsoo's clothed flat abdomen next. 

 

Even though Sehun knew Kyungsoo wasn't far along enough to be showing, it was hard not to check. Black had a way of creating the illusion of tight and fit but Kyunsgoo actually looked like he'd lost some weight. He was probably torching calories just standing there sweating bullets under all of that dark fabric, and he kept pulling the collar of his sweater away from his chest to cool down. A fine sheen of sweat glistened down his neck too. 

 

Kyungsoo just looked really uncomfortable.

 

Now Sehun wondered if he'd dressed like a thief to hide his identity or to hide that he wasn't feeling well. It was probably for both.

 

"Is Park here somewhere?" Sehun wondered and made a show of turning to look at the door of the sushi shop, then he held up his phone almost as if to remind Kyungsoo that he had one. "What's he been up to? I know you guys have a lot going on with your anniversary celebrations and everything, but he's like, just vanished. No posts online, none of the guys can reach him..." 

 

Sehun trailed off and shifted his weight from one hip to the other so that he was better facing Kyungsoo, then he blinked rapidly. "I mean, that's weird. He went from posting everyday to total silence. I'm kind of worried..."

 

All Kyunsgoo did was shift his weight from one leg to the other and blink slowly. Sehun's face pinched up in mild irritation.

 

Christ, talking to Kyunsgoo was like talking to a damn mime.

 

"Your folks didn't kill him did they? I know they like Park well enough but... I can't imagine they took that anniversary announcement very well." Sehun tilted his head down and one eyebrow went up. "Weren't they against you dating until after high school?"

 

"My parents and Chanyeol are fine." Kyungsoo stated firmly, then he took a deep breath through his nose. Sehun thought he had more to say but then Kyungsoo just exhaled through his puckered lips, them, and then he swallowed like he had something thick in his mouth.

 

Sehun got the feeling Kyungsoo had had this conversation before and he was probably so done.

 

"And I've already talked to Coach Kangin and... Jongin..." Kyungsoo said. "Chanyeol is busy with work. I haven't really seen him all that much either--"

 

"--You spoke to Jongin and the Coach?" Sehun repeated. That actually surprised him and he didn't hide it when he scoffed in blantant disbelief. Kyungsoo reacted to him with a wide eyed stare.

 

"What're you his damn secretary?" 

 

Kyungsoo shrugged a bit helplessly and looked down at his folded arms, then he took a few more measured deep breathes again. Almost like he was trying to find a steady pattern. He'd actually been hugging himself and rocking very gently for the past few minutes.

 

Sehun started to wonder if Kyungoo was nauseated. He'd seen Baekhyun do this when he got motion sick and for a very brief, almost fleeting and annoying millisecond, Sehun felt really sorry for Kyunsgoo. Morning sickness must feel so awful and here Kyungsoo was alone, obviously hungry, tired and miserable. Had Chanyeol just ed off and left the country again or something? Had he really spouted all of that nonsense about being there for Kyungsoo and his illegitimate offspring only to do the exact opposite of that?

 

That seriously pissed Sehun off.

 

"So, when was the last time you saw him? Because I really need to talk to him. He won't answer any of my calls or texts." Sehun hissed.

 

Kyungsoo's brows furrowed before turning up in confusion. "Um... This morning." He revealed a bit uneasily. "He had work at eight I think..."

 

Sehun stood up to his full height with a heavy annoyed groan, pocketed his phone, then he looked down at Kyungsoo. Not to intimidate him or anything, but because Kyungsoo is just tiny while he's just tall. Sehun noticed for the first time that the boy in front of him was almost the exact same height and shape as Baekhyun.

 

It was starting to look like Kyungsoo and Baekhyun had a lot of similarities and common issues. And the root of these problems all seemed to point to a named Prick Chanyeol.

 

"Since when does Park have a job? Is he back at the store?" Sehun demanded. All he could think was thank Baekhyun had been off work if Chanyeol really was back at the grocery store.

 

Kyungsoo recoiled and glanced around nervously at his questions. Again, the cashier looked over at them in open curiosity.

 

Sehun realized his mistake a second later.

 

This wasn't an interrogation. Kyungsoo wasn't on trial and he wouldn't be forthcoming if Sehun was hostile. He really didn't have any reason to be cross-examining him like he was suspected of a crime.

 

Change of strategy, initiate Play Nice phase.

 

("Investigation")

 

"Damn, I'm sorry." Sehun spoke softer this time. He relaxed put his hands in his pockets, then he gave a small, apologetic smile. "I just asked if you were his secretary and here I am questioning you. What I mean is, when did he get back to work? I'm glad he got a job. I was thinking he was going to turn into a mooch or something." He added a wink and the tense strain in Kyungsoo's shoulders seeped away almost immediately. He smiled a little too.

 

"Tch, he is a mooch." Kyungsoo scowled with no real heat, then he sighed gently. Fondly. "But he works hard. He deserves a lot. It's fine."

 

Sehun barely repressed a lip curl of disgust. He turned away and threw away his trash just so he could gag.

 

"That aside, Chanyeol started work a day or two after we got back if I'm remembering right." Kyungsoo rubbed his eyes with his right hand and Sehun tried to catch a glimpse of his ring again, but Kyungsoo's sweater sleeve stayed securely in place. "He's been interning so I just think he hasn't had time to... get in touch with people. My father doesn't tolerate cell phone use in the office and Chanyeol's always so tired when he gets--"

 

Kyungsoo suddenly stopped talking, closed his eyes, and clenched his jaw. 

 

Sehun took a step back to give Kyungsoo some space if he needed to puke. He didn't though. Actually he just stood there like a vampire caught in day break.

 

"Uhh, you okay?" Sehun tapped Kyungsoo's shoulder. "You were saying something about your dad and Park. Does he work for him now?"

 

Chanyeol hadn't said anything about that at all.

 

Kyunsgoo blinked, cut a slow glance at the door, then he turned his tired eyes to Sehun. In a tone heavy with exhaustion and finality he said.

 

"I'll tell him to call you, Sehun. I just don't know if and when he will."

 

Sehun couldn't hide his confusion. Why had Kyunsgoo just shut down?

 

A few people had walked into the sushi bar and some of them looked about their age and could be potentially from their school. They were all eyeing the menu and minding their business but Sehun had been so focused on Kyunsgoo that he hadn't heard anyone come in. With a practiced flick of his wrist Sehun slid his sunglasses back on. Kyunsgoo kept his head down and turned away.

 

He was was trying to get away now. Sehun could sense it.

 

"So besides a lunch run, what brings you an hours long drive to this side of town?" Sehun asked just loud enough for Kyungsoo to hear.

 

Kyungsoo just shrugged weakly. "Errands." He said.

 

Sehun grit his teeth. He'd always hated how succinct Kyungsoo could be.

 

The other guests stepped up to the register so he and Kyunsgoo moved aside. The cashier had been busy tidying up or processing orders by phone while she waited for Kyunsgoo's order to come up and she greeted the new arrivals merrily and took their orders.

 

"You're a long way from home." Sehun blatantly pointed out. "And you look like you're about to pass out. Did you drive? Is your chauffeur nearby?"

 

"I'm fine." Kyungsoo said, again, and reached into his back pocket where he took out his wallet just as someone from the back, a cook came out with a huge brown paper bag full of food and handed it to the cashier. She in turn handed it across the register to Kyunsgoo and smiled brightly.

 

"Have a good day Mr. K. Hope to see you again soon. And take care."

 

"I will. And for the water..." Kyunsgoo held up a $50, made sure she saw it, then he stuffed it into the tip jar. "Thanks again."

 

Sehun scoffed and the cashier nearly had a fit and claimed she couldn't possibly keep it but Kyunsgoo just shook his head and pressed his pointer finger to his lips. She shushed immediately but her face was as pink as bubblegum. If she was the only cashier on duty, all of the tips made today were hers.

 

Kyunsgoo turned to leave after a curt nod to Sehun. "Good day. Excuse me." He said and then he made for the door. 

 

With just a few sharp gestures he'd managed to extract himself from Sehun's impromptu interview. Sehun was actually thrown for a loop for a full half a minute before he recovered and darted out of the sushi bar to give chase.

 

"Hey, wait!" He called out and took four steps. This was the equivalent of 10 of Kyunsgoo's so he caught up quickly.

 

Kyunsgoo stopped in his tracks, which caused the flow of people traffic around him to shift, then he turned to regard Sehun with open annoyance. Under the shadow of his cap he looked unnergvingly menacing and his eyes had a dangerous glint. This was honestly the Kyungsoo Sehun was used to and he was more than ready to handle him.

 

But Sehun must have had a strange or concerned appearing look on is face because Kyunsgoo's expression shifted and softened as he sighed in exasperation.

 

"I'm fine." He repeated with much more emphasis. "Seriously, nan gwaenchan-a."

 

"So you've said like, fifty times." Sehun snapped back and patted his chest. "But it's obvious that you're not. Damn, I'm trying really hard to be a good sarmatian here."

 

Kyungsoo must be really tired of people wondering if he was about to drop dead if he was resorting to saying "I'm fine" in Korean like he was Google translate.

 

"Maybe I should say it Spanish then?" Kyungsoo asked in a tone just dripping with sarcasm. "Will that make it true for you?"

 

"I'm headed this way anyway." Sehun offered truthfully in a huff as he trailed along side the other boy.

 

He still had some time before he had to get back to work. Not much but he'd make do.

 

"Fine. Do whatever you like." Kyunsgoo said sternly over his shoulder." But do it in silence. I'm not in the mood for you being you."

 

Sehun scowled but didn't argue as he followed Kyungsoo.

 

(end theme)

 

--- --- --- ---

 

Across town, while Sehun trailed Kyungsoo...

 

Baekhyun was so angry that his anger was angry!

 

" you Luhan!" Baekhyun screamed at the next red light.

 

He'd sped out of the Target parking lot like the police had been on his tale in a high speed chase.

 

Baekhyun smacked the steering wheel. "I can't believe Sehun likes you! You're just horrible! An ! A !" He gripped the steering wheel tight enough to hurt his palms and turn his knuckles white.

 

"I can't wait to tell Sehun what happened!" Baekhyun shook his head, pursed his lips hard, and breathed through his nose in puffs of what felt like hot air. He was like a raging bull. He wanted to ram into something so bad.

 

Because he was so angry right now!

 

"And the er made me leave my mom's groceries! I-I w-wanted those tacos!" 

 

Why had Luhan acted like that? How could he be so awful?

 

Baekhyun shivered in repulsion as he remembered how close Luhan had been and what he'd heavily insinuated. All it would have taken was for Baekhyun to turn his head and... He almost couldn't think about what would have happened if he hadn't pushed Luhan away.

 

"!" Baekhyun squeaked. "He could have freaking kissed me! What the hell was he trying to even do? Seduce me? Catch me? What. The. ?"

 

He just didn't understand.

 

And even though he really wanted to, he refused to cry. That was the problem with emotions. Your body just wanted to be rid of them and leaking from the eyeballs seemed like the only way it knew how.

 

But he wouldn't cry. Not today. He hadn't cried in a while and he was so proud of himself. Luhan didn't deserve his tears.

 

Luhan didn't have the power to make Baekhyun cry.

 

But damn it not having those tacos for dinner tonight might do him in.

 

Baekhyun's vision blurred and he sniffled. "No! NO! DAMN IT!" He yelled and blinked rapidly to try and stop the tears before they started. He needed  to see clearly so he could drive.

 

It was honestly so silly and stupid, he knew, but another reason why he was about to start sobbing was because he felt like he'd failed at something impossibly simple. Why couldn't he have just told Luhan to leave him alone and finished his shopping? He had one job and that was to get the food to feed his family. Luhan didn't own Target. Why had he let his feelings get the better of him and run away?

 

Baekhyun felt so pathetic right now.

 

And why, oh why, he thought as the regret him hard, had he gone off on Minseok? Of all people, the guy definitely hadn't deserved what Baekhyun had unleashed on him. And Minseok was seriously one of the few people Baekhyun knew could beat his with minimal effort. 

 

Baekhyun also felt guilty for lusting over him earlier only to take out his misdirected rage later. Everything he'd said to Minseok is what he should have said to Luhan.

 

"Right... that's what I should've done." Baekhyun glanced at the rearview mirror and squinted.

 

Target was long out of his view in the distance but for a brief and very crazed second he considered turning around and going back to see if Luhan was still there. And if he wasn't, Baekhyun was going to go to the school and find him on the field. 

 

"Mmhm, catch his outside." Baekhyun growled. He really felt like fighting right now. Then his stomach growled and reminded him of his responsibilities so he immediately canceled those thoughts. He'd be out of his mind to get physical with someone who was without a doubt stronger than him in his condition.

 

But once Bitty was born? Trust and believe, blood would be spilled on the lacrosse field.

 

"Swear to god, Bitty, it's ON if I see that again. I'mma tell him about himself. And maybe drop kick him in his neck! Mofos keep underestimating me but jokes on them, I'm a ing black belt in Hapkido okay!" Baekhyun declared.

 

Who knew how Luhan, Minseok, and Jongdae would deal with his insubordination. Baekhyun had surely embarrassed them and he'd need to protect himself. He actually wondered if he should mention this situation to his mother and get some adults involved. Luhan had basically tried to attack him in a public place about something regarding after school activities.

 

This wasn't just personal, it was social.

 

Much to his dismay, Baekhyun's explosion would probably end up all over social media because someone had probably recorded it. He'd never be able to go to that Target again and the entire student body would turn against him once that they knew how he felt about 98% of them.

 

Fear tried to creep into Baekhyun's existence for a hot minute. The timid, shy, passive aggressive part of him really wanted to be scared. He didn't mean to start any mess, really and he wondered if apologizing for his outburst would be the best course of action.

 

At the same time, there was nothing wrong with him defending himself, he knew. He was going to be a parent soon so not only did Baekhyun have to be strong, he needed to stick to his convictions. 

 

If not for himself, than for his child.

 

"That's right, let anyone try to come at me, I'll beat all their asses! Luhan started this bull! Like whoooooo the does he think he is being all up on us and in our space, Bitty?" He signaled, merged, signaled again, but this time he cut off a pick-up truck. They honk, honk, hooonked at him but he sped up and moved along.

 

"And he wants me to try out for the lacrosse team? Me? Oh, but I'm lazy and overweight though? I've been eating too many carbs and living life instead of like--" Baekhyun flailed a hand around as he tried to find the right words. "--doing whatever the Luhan does because he's SOOOO prefect and disciplined and never has any real life issues! him and lacrosse."

 

Baekhyun knew he looked like he'd lost it raging to himself (well, technically he was talking to the baby) to anyone on the road that could see him but the more he vented out loud the better he felt. 

 

Getting worked up and stressed out was the worst possible thing for him and the baby right now. He felt his blood pressure bobbing between "beyond pissed" and "about to kill a " level so he had to let it out somehow.

 

He pumped the breaks so he slowed down (figuratively and literally) to exit onto a residential street. He didn't want to get into a wreck or get pulled over. In his current state of mind he just knew without a doubt he'd go the hell off on the officer unfortunate enough stop him. Then he'd end up in jail probably forever. 

 

At this point he was nearly at home and he could feel the rage fizzling out almost as quickly as it had come. Now he felt shaky and his stomach knotted up because of the odd mix of stress, hunger, and now nausea. He could still smell Luhan's sweat and salad bar breath. 

 

Baekhyun had learned quickly that the only way to deal with all these feelings and sense sensitivities were to just take a breath, find his center, and to eat.

 

He needed to grab some comfort food.

 

That's right. He was going to eat away his feelings and nothing made him feel better than a hot cup or two of chicken flavored instant ramen.

 

Baekhyun pulled into a gas station to go buy some and apparently everyone and their mom had the same idea. Not so much the buying cup noodles part, but the gas station and car wash was extremely busy. Baekhyun groaned and eased into a spot in line with his bottled water and three cups of noodles. There were two cashiers and at least 20 people waiting to be rung up.

 

See, if he'd had his groceries he could have eaten at home.

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "This is totally Luhan's fault." He mumbled and inched forward in line.

 

--- --- --- ---

 

While Baekhyun sped home...

 

"Don't you have someone else you could be bothering?" Kyunsgoo sighed in annoyance. He seemed to have just accepted he wasn't getting rid of Sehun but he wasn't going to stop trying.

 

"Hey, I just want to make sure you make it to... wherever you're going without like, collapsing?" Sehun explained when Kyungsoo glanced back to see if he was still there. 

 

He actually meant that. Against his will, he really felt like he had to make sure Kyungsoo was okay right now. 

 

And that annoyed the hell out of him.

 

"I'm sure you overheard earlier..." Kyungsoo said slowly. "...that the heat just caught up with me."

 

"That's what happens when you dress like you're freaking vulnerable to the sun." Sehun joked. 

 

Kyunsgoo didn't laugh. Actually he quickened his pace and cut through a few skyway turns and exits, then he took an escalator up to the 3rd floor. Sehun kept waiting for him to go outside, back whatever way he'd come from, but Kyunsgoo made two or three sharp turns through a few more skyways Sehun had never been in and they lead to a set of double doors.

 

There weren't a lot of people coming this way and the few that did were dressed like business executives. 

 

Kyungsoo didn't seem over exerted by the journey so Sehun didn't understand why he'd been so messed up earlier.

 

"I thought you came from outside?" Sehun decided to ask when they came to a stop.

 

Kyungsoo didn't look at him when he said. "I did." And then he pushed through the double doors into a small lobby with a front desk, an elevator, and one solitary exist door in the back.

 

It was a well lit but dead end.

 

"Uh... Where are we...?" Sehun wondered. He pulled off his sunglasses and took in his surroundings warily.

 

People got murdered in places like this.

 

"I appreciate you for making sure I made it home safe." Kyungsoo said, both somehow answering and completely ignoring Sehun's question as he pulled out what was clearly a keycard.

 

It was silver with "12-EXO" in black font on it and he tapped it against a card reader by the elevator. The overhead marquee lit up showing the lift was currently on the 15th floor. Sehun's eyes narrowed as he filed away the keycard info for later.

 

"Did... your family move recently or something?" He asked. Sehun had been to Kyunsgoo's house numerous times and this place definitely wasn't it.

 

"No. We're renovating the east wing of the mansion and my parents have work in the city." Kyungsoo explained. He seemed to be feeling better now that he was closer to home.

 

Sehun's left eyebrow went up. He didn't have any reason not to believe what Kyungsoo had told him. Even his parents had a few properties around the state like a cabin up north and a loft in downtown.

 

"I see. But damn, what's the rent like in this place? Living downtown isn't cheap." Sehun snickered. He was half joking. 

 

"A lot I suppose. I wouldn't know. My family owns half of the building." Kyungsoo shrugged nonchalantly and wiggled his keycard impatiently then he tapped the button for the elevator a few times like it would make it come faster. "And for reasons beyond me my parents refuse to add in another ing elevator."

 

Kyungsoo rarely cussed so this surprised Sehun. It wasn't common that his well mannered and "Prefect" armor cracked.

 

"Well, I guess I'll leave you to it. Don't want your food getting cold. Now that I know you're close by, I think I'll come back later to check up on you... Really, you don't look so hot." Sehun was being honest and he took a fleeting glance at the time on his phone and cringed. He had no clue how far away from work he was and much to his annoyance, he'd probably have to utilize his long legs and actually run to get back to work. .

 

"Maybe then I can get some face time with the Park." Sehun clapped his hands as if to say about damn time. "He's at one of your dad's offices downtown right? When's he off work? Actually, never mind, I'll just pop up. It's been forever and I really want to see him. Make sure he's alive and all that. Anyway, later."

 

Kyungsoo looked at him like he suddenly didn't understand English.

 

"...Mwo?" He asked.

 

And that simple word, that simple question, universal even if you didn't know the language, seemed to stretch into eternity and echo off the cement walls in his suddenly deep voice. Sehun had never heard three letters carry so much weight. He couldn't leave now.

 

Not after creating an opening like this.

 

("Cross Examination - Allegro")

 

"I told you I'd tell him to call you." Kyungsoo added.

 

Sehun swiveled back around like he was on roller blades. "Yeah and well, I don't believe you. Let's be honest, you're going to pretend you never saw me today. But Park's folks--you know his parents that he still lives with and is legally bound and blood related to--said he's only been home a couple of times since he got back. I know he's not crashing with any of the LAX team. It makes sense he'd be at your place since he's your boyfriend." Sehun crossed his arms and glared after he said that last part.

 

Kyungsoo for the first time since this encounter really seemed to stop and size Sehun up. Suddenly his stare was aware, sharp, and inquisitive. He pulled his face mask off and stuffed it into his pocket and the next time he spoke there was a very cautious edge to his voice.

 

"Are you speaking as Chanyeol's best friend, classmate, or--" He chuckled slightly. Mockingly, "--as your little self-proclaimed "investigative journalist" now, Oh?"

 

Sehun bit his bottom lip, half amused, then he snorted. "That depends on how you answer."

 

He had discreetly started the voice recorder on his phone. He wished he had earlier but he actually didn't know if he was on the right track with what he was saying now and there was no way he knew if Kyungsoo would take the bait. Still, he'd play off this bluff to the full extent of his abilities. Sehun tapped the marble tile with the toe of his Chucks to indicate he was in no hurry. Even though he really was.

 

"Chanyeol often sleeps here because it's close to work, yes. There's nothing wrong with that, despite how... unsavory you're trying to make sound. I care about him and he's welcome here. I'd rather he didn't drive all the way to his parent's house when he's exhausted. I'd be happy to relay that to Mr. and Mrs. Park as well. If it brings them peace of mind." Kyunsgoo spoke lowly and carefully this time. 

 

Like the well versed politician he was being groomed to be. 

 

"And as I told coach Kangin, Jongin, and now you, he's been working a lot and he's tired. Coming by won't change that."

 

The elevator was puttering along but Sehun could tell as soon as it showed up, Kyungsoo was going to bolt. He considered walking around him, to block him, but a move like that would be too physically confrontational. He did take a few easy steps to Kyungsoo's right, like he was pacing and thinking. Kyungsoo didn't turn his head to follow but he tracked Sehun's movements with an unwavering and level gaze.

 

If Sehun had been a weaker or shorter, he'd have felt intimidated. 

 

"See, that's what's confusing me. If Jongin and Coach K. know what Chanyeol is up to, why haven't they told the rest of the team? I mean, have you logged onto Twitter recently? It's a -show." Sehun chuckled humorlessly as he walked back in front of Kyungsoo and paused. 

 

Kyungsoo closed his eyes. Sehun assumed because he was just listening and trying to think up a counter point. He often did this during debates at school.

 

"The team is freaked out, playing poorly, and has questions. I may not play LAX anymore but you know me, I'm still up to speed on what happens internally." Sehun tapped his bottom lip with his finger. "Word on the street says even Coach knows nothing and playing dumb can't be making his job easier. Seems counter productive."

 

Kyungsoo took a few seconds to respond. "I don't have an answer for any of that that because I'm neither the coach nor Jongin."

 

"You're right. There I go again asking you about that's not your problem. I'll just ask them." Sehun shrugged and held up his phone. It had been in his grip the whole time but Kyungsoo's hawk like stare homed in on it like he hadn't noticed it before. "Luhan's at practice right now and he wants to talk to Park as much a I do."

 

Kyunsgoo's heart shaped lips pursed so hard they looked like they'd flat lined.

 

Now I've got you. Sehun thought.

 

"What exactly are you trying to achieve with all of this, Oh? Even if I were to call Chanyeol right now, he won't answer. He can't." He gritted out. His eyes were sparkling under the shadow of his cap. Sehun was reminded of a person possessed by a demon trying really hard not to reveal itself. Kyungsoo looked frustrated and a little worried now.

 

Good.

 

"Dude, I'm just making conversation." Sehun held up his hands defensively, even though he was grinning internally. "I want to ask Park all of this but again, he's on total ghost mode. Kind of suspicious that he just vanished after he made those posts on Twitter tho'? I guess he didn't consider how they'd effect other people. You included."

 

Sehun gestured to the boy in front of him then he did a double-take. It was fake. All part of the act.

 

"Or maybe... That was your idea? Did you have him do that so he can get all of the backlash?" Sehun frowned and ran his fingers through his hair. "Because you don't seem too concerned with what's going on. I guess no one's really been giving you about this."

 

Of course no one was. Everyone was afraid of Do Kyungsoo and his money, lawyers, and private detectives. 

 

Everyone but Sehun.

 

Kyungsoo clenched his jaw but otherwise stayed mute. Sehun made a show of pulling up a text to message Luhan. He wasn't going to really text Luhan anything. This was all a scare tactic.

 

"You know me, I don't jump to conclusions." Sehun typed a bunch of nonsense into the text window and flicked his gaze back and forth between Kyungsoo and his phone. "Not when I can get the facts and definitive evidence. I've heard some stuff but I prefer to go to the source you know? And it's starting to look a whole lot like you're behind all of this drama. Not Park."

 

Sehun knew this already because Chanyeol had told him, but now he paused and stared blankly down at his phone and this time he wasn't faking. He realized with a quiet start that yes, that's exactly what this was.

 

Kyungsoo really was responsible for practically everything that was happening now.

 

He hadn't even come to this conclusion until this very moment but the sequence of events leading to this stand-off all literally pointed back to the boy in front of him. If Chanyeol had been telling the truth about everything involving him and Kyungsoo's pregnancy, chances were Kyungsoo's well off future was about to go up in flames.

 

And oddly... Not because of the unplanned pregnancy.

 

Now it all seemed to be leading to who'd really fathered Kyungsoo's child.

 

Kyungsoo's pretty pink mouth twitched like he was going to say something but again, he just stayed mum. Sehun had to tread carefully but quickly now.

 

"When you think about it... scandals like this can ruin a person's reputation, so why take the risk? Especially when something like this can follow you for the rest of your life." He squinted at Kyungsoo. "Oh, wait. Everyone besides mommy and daddy already knew you and Park were hooking up a while back, but I know for a fact you two called it quits for a few months. So is this about covering your with your parents? Did you do something they won't approve of?"

 

Sehun knew good and damn well Kyungsoo wasn't going to admit to anything right now but he had to throw that out there. Kyungsoo just clenched his fist and took a deep breath. The elevator was at the 9th floor now. Only six floors left to go.

 

"Aaaah, I think I'm getting it now." Sehun spoke quickly and a bit louder. All punctuation was obsolete because a comma, a breath, a pause, would give Kyungsoo an opening. A period, was a weak spot and no, NO, not today Satan.

 

"You had to make your parents think you were secretly going steady with the intelligent talented star athlete with a bright future who just happens to be less privileged and has a family with financial problems so you could hide something you did--" He leaned in and drew a breath. "--Did you get Park a job with your dad's company? Maybe you paid off his parents to shut them up? I wouldn't put that past you considering you made nearly the entire student body sign nondisclosure agreements after you two had that drunken blow up at that party months ago. Nothing like a rags to riches, blow-up--jiguem ne nunape--glow up--shinin'-shinin'--started from the bottom now we here--backstory to overshadow blatant and open deception! Right?"

 

He wasn't even winded. This was nothing. Sehun could have gone on but that would have been unfair. And this was just in English. Wait until he went off in Korean though.

 

Kyungsoo was overwhelmed. So much so that he just looked lost. If he'd been a computer, he'd have blue screened.

 

"Sehun, t-that's not--" Kyungsoo finally tried to speak but he was having trouble articulating his words. Sehun had never heard the boy stutter. Ever. 

 

"T-that's not what's going on..."

 

"Really? Well , then my bad. Like I said, I don't want to jump to conclusions." Sehun switched gears quickly. "So now that I know where Park is hiding out, I'll just send the guys this way. Then they can all talk. I mean, they support your relationship with Chanyeol so it should be fine."

 

"S-sehun, please!" Kyunsgoo almost yelled and there was a subtle desperate creak in his tone this time. He looked around nervously but no one was even paying them any mind. "That won't... None of that will be necessary. I-I understand what you're trying to say."

 

Sehun lowered his phone and blinked a few times. He actually hadn't expected Kyungsoo to yield so quickly. In the past, they'd have gone back and forth for hours. Class President Do Kyungsoo was no joke. More often than not he'd exhaust Sehun with his verbal sidestepping and non-answers.

 

He really is off his game... Sehun thought. Again, for a brief second he felt just a little bit sorry for Kyungsoo and his expression softened mostly against his will. He kept his tone clipped when he spoke next though.

 

"Do You? Because I'm not playing with you. We aren't at school and this--" He pointed to the floor. "--is real life." 

 

Kyungsoo lowered his head and nodded curtly. "Yes. I'll make sure Chanyeol gets in contact with you as soon as possible."

 

"Good. Now we're getting somewhere." Sehun smirked. Then he asked Kyungsoo for his number, which Kyungsoo rattled off with no hesitation.

 

Sehun immediately called the number provided to confirm it was indeed real and Kyungsoo's ringtone, some classical music with creepy violins, started to ringing from his back pocket. He pulled out the device with a shaking hand and cut off the little melody with a quick swipe of his thumb. He never took his eyes off of Sehun.

 

"I'll be in touch. When I call and text, you answer. Immediately. Understand?" Sehun stated firmly as he backed away from Kyungsoo. The space he provided made Kyungsoo visibly deflate and some more people passed by in the corridor, offering a break in the tension.

 

But the elevator seemed to have stalled two floors above with an ominous ding.

 

Sehun smirked. Saved by the bell.

 

"By the way, I heard you tell the cashier earlier that you haven't had much of an appetite lately..." Sehun tilted his head to the side. He couldn't see the smaller boys eyes because of a shadow, but Kyungsoo was watching him. "Does the seaweed soup help?" 

 

, he really needed to leave and head back to work. He was so late. But now that he was fully invested, this was the last step in his plan of attack.

 

Initiate phase, "Coup De Gras"

 

That's French for, "  Up.".

 

("Telling the Truth")

 

"Yes." Kyungsoo confirmed in a tone too close to an automated phone system.

 

"Did you pick up a bug when you were over seas? Maybe it was the food or water? Wait, none of the LAX team is sick." Sehun put his hands in his pockets and looked up at the ceiling in open thought. "But you know how sometimes parasites can just... sit in your body for weeks..." He lowered his voice. "Just growing."

 

Kyungsoo went stone statue still.

 

"You looked like you'd puke earlier. I heard pickled ginger helps with nausea. And maybe you should avoid the spicy tuna rolls for a few more weeks. You know, until you build up immunity again." Sehun pointed to Kyungsoo's bag full of food.

 

Kyungsoo, for all of the resting face he had in him, couldn't hide a reaction this time. His pouty heart lips fell open a little bit as his eyes widened, and then in what had to be a rapidly developing habit, he pressed his palm to his stomach.

 

Sehun felt a sick sense of triumph just watching Kyungsoo react.

 

It was all in the body language.

 

"You can find your way back I imagine?" Kyungsoo said and slowly dropped his hand. His fingers clenched into a fist a second later.

 

"Yeah." Sehun replied lazily. "And remember to let Park know that I need to talk to him when he gets home. It doesn't matter how late it is. If you call, I'll come."

 

Kyungsoo looked like he wanted to bash his head into the pristine white wall behind him until his brains splattered across it. He knew he'd been played, trapped, and edged into a corner he would never wiggle out of. He ran his hand down his pale face then clawed at his throat. His nails left angry red marks on his skin.

 

Sehun wasn't sure how he should react to that, if he should react at all. But Kyungsoo was kind of making him uneasy.

 

"." Kyungsoo hissed, sounding way too much like Lord Voldemort about to lose his cool. He chuckled darkly and cracked his neck with a sharp twist, dropping his calm and collected demeanor for a moment.

 

"Of course this was a setup. After all, you're Chanyeol's friend... I should have known you didn't just walk me home out of the kindness of your heart." He was visibly disappointed and now openly hostile. He sniffled like he suddenly had to sneeze. "Well played, Oh Sehun. Any other day I'd have enjoyed this little tit for tat."

 

Sehun huffed and rolled his eyes. Kyungsoo was being soooooo over dramatic.

 

"I did actually." He answered.

 

Kyungsoo frowned, obviously perplexed.

 

"Walk you home out of kindness, I mean. Contrary to popular belief and how you're feeling right now, I'm not a bad person. I didn't need you dropping and dying somewhere in the middle of downtown on my conscious in your condition. Maybe see a doctor if you haven't already? Could be serious." He flicked his gaze to Kyungsoo's stomach. "Life changing even..."

 

Kyungsoo took a step back this time, clearly caught off guard by Sehun's admission, and his clenched fist started to tremble. Sehun took that moment to walk right up on him and look down. Their chests were almost touching and Sehun could visibly see that Kyungsoo had just... stopped breathing.

 

"That's right. I know everything." Sehun said. Gently. In a way that left no room for questions or doubt but was also very much a real threat.

 

"And I will ruin you."

 

Kyungsoo's skin was sheet white as he cleared his throat, fixed his perfectly in place shirt, then he pulled his crumpled face mask out of his pocket just as elevator dinged and finally opened. A flood of people came out and brought chatter and the click clack of shoes on tile with them.

 

"Understood." Kyungsoo replied, voice clipped. "It's under control. Thank you for your advice and concern and again, for seeing me home safely. Goodbye."

 

With that, he secured his mask across his face and turned sharply to get on the elevator before it left. Then he almost frantically tapped his keycard and pressed a button to get it moving. He looked back up at Sehun with his jaw clenched and his eyes narrowed.

 

"This isn't over." They said silently.

 

Sehun lifted his chin and grinned devilishly. "Bring it on ." He replied telepathically and tapped a red icon on his phone. To stop recording.

 

Just as the doors closed, Kyungsoo reached up and wiped at his eyes with his right hand. His ring--finally--caught and twinkled under the florescent light.

 

And so did some tears.

 

Sehun's step faltered as he dashed away, back to work, when he thought about that.

 

It bothered him. A lot.

 

He'd only ever seen Kyungsoo cry once and he'd been stupid drunk and pissed off. No way was Kyungsoo going to show that much weakness in front of him right now. Sehun refused to believe that had happened.

 

He'd spare no sympathy for the devil.

 

Not today. Not ever.

 

Maybe...

 

. Sehun thought as he pulled on his apron and avoided is supervisors harsh gaze.

 

Kyungsoo was going to have a baby...

 

(end theme)

 

--- --- --- ---

 

Also... Meanwhile... At the same time...

 

Baekhyun discreetly kneaded his belly with his free hand. It really felt like dough to him because there was a lot to grab. Next he pinched his side, the same way Luhan had tried to, and a sigh of dismay and annoyance blew passed his lips.

 

Why had Luhan had to mention his body? Baekhyun already felt insecure about how he looked and he couldn't stop his figure from retaining weight with his pregnancy.

 

Baekhyun flicked his phone open while he waited for his chance to pay and prepared to call Sehun, but then he remembered the other boy was at work. So he started to text him instead. He had so much to say, way more than what could fit into the character limit forced on him by his whack phonw.

 

"!" Baekhyun hissed and snapped his phone closed in his fist and took a breath. The person in front of him moved forward so he inched forward too. Approximately five inches later he decided to re-attempt to contact Sehun.

 

"You won't BELIEVE what just--" Baekhyun paused in his typing and shook his head. That didn't look right. He deleted.

 

"Guess what HAPPENED to me at--" Baekhyun stopped typing again and bit his bottom lip. The person in front moved forward again so he followed, left hand cradling his items as he typed with his right. He moved about a foot this time. He'd be able to pay for his items and gas this time next year at this rate.

 

Finally he managed to type out;

 

"Sehun listen! Your fcking boyfriend is a fcking @sshole and you need to fcking break up with him! He came onto me @ Target. He said I should join LAX. He said he would train me and that we could spend time alone together!"

 

Baekhyun stared at what he'd written. It seemed less harsh if he abbreviated the swear words but the last part made him feel really, really weird and uncertain.

 

For a moment he was back in Target with his back pressed into a shelf with no way to escape. Luhan had not only invaded but popped his personal space bubble and the way he was talking was like he was trying to both coax and lure Baekhyun into his web. He hadn't misinterpreted what Luhan had said. Sure Baekhyun didn't get hit on a lot but he wasn't an idiot. Luhan had been flirting with him and doing the whole Incubus seducing it's prey thing.

 

But Luhan all but told Baekhyun he was the size of the Pillsbury Dough Boy. How could he be attracted to him?

 

So what was the truth? 

 

"Why'd he have to... be all up on me when he said that though?" Baekhyun wondered after he'd finally paid for his items. His noodles were cooking in the cup holder inside of the car with scalding hot water. The chicken bullion powder and dried veggies smelled delicious.

 

"If he wanted me to join LAX, he could have just asked like a... non creepy person." Baekhyun shivered in disgust.

 

And it was real and legitimate disgust.

 

Luhan, despite being popular, attractive, and fit, did nothing for Baekhyun. He was actually so grossed out by Luhan that he was having issues knowing Sehun and Luhan kissed. And that Sehun got all soft spoken and swooned over Luhan.

 

And Sehun stole medical supplies so he could treat Luhan's sports injuries. Sehun had gone to go visit Luhan in the hospital when he'd gotten hurt...

 

And they had... seen each other .

 

Baekhyun, back in the car, took a deep breath and drove around the corner, then he parked in an empty lot and picked up his noodles. He felt weird thinking about all of this Sehun and Luhan stuff but now he couldn't stop.

 

He scooped up some noodles with a plastic fork and blew on them, lost in thought.

 

Sehun had had with Luhan. A lot of . Sehun had said as much in his own words.

 

. Hormones. Intimacy... It made people act and think differently. It made people stupid.

 

Baekhyun slurped up his snack, chewed, then he swallowed. When the food hit his belly he felt so much better about life. The noodles and hot broth just warmed his soul from the inside out. He his lips after to feel that they were dry so he went to put on some lip balm. The unique blend of sugary tart grapefruit mixed weirdly with the chicken ramen smell and made his eyes flutter closed.

 

He realized, Sehun had kissed Luhan with his soft grapefruit flavored lips. Several times.

 

Baekhyun sat down his cup of noodles.

 

Oh hell... Hell! Just !

 

Sehun liked Luhan. 

 

And time would tell, but Baekhyun honestly had a feeling that Sehun was falling in love with the lacrosse player. There was just something about the way he talked about him...

 

"I... I can't do this..." Baekhyun sighed in dejection as he closed his eyes, snapped his phone shut, and then he tossed it into the passenger seat.

 

The thing really was cursed. If it wasn't relaying bad news it was delivering bad news.

 

He'd been so devastated to hear about the things Chanyeol had done while they were dating, he couldn't imagine how hurt Sehun might be if he told him Luhan had been a -boy to him.

 

Baekhyun decided to let this go this time.

 

He wouldn't have to see Luhan again until school started anyway.

 

When Baekhyun pulled into the driveway at his house minutes later he felt so much better. So much calmer. And it was totally power nap time. He was feeling the full affect of the instant noodles.

 

In a car parked across the street from his house someone got out and walked up the sidewalk, around to the side of the house. Baekhyun heard the footsteps and paused to back peddle and see who it was. When he recognized the person disbelief spread across his face.

 

"Oh heeeeeeell to the no!" He snarled.

 

It was Luhan.

 

Said boy stopped in his tracks. His hands were hooked around four red fabric grocery bags stuffed full of food. He blinked and smiled.

 

"Hey, Byun." Luhan greeted easily.

 

"Hey? Hey?! No, no HEY, what the hell are you doing here?" Baekhyun demanded and looked right and left. His neighbors were out and he was going to do everything possible to make sure they heard him. "Wait, actually, how the do you know where I live? Did you follow me?"

 

Even as he asked that he pulled out and flicked open his phone. "You know what, forget that, doesn't matter. I'm about to call the cops on your quarter back ."

 

Luhan frowned. "Um... A quarterback is a position in football Byun."

 

"Whatever! I'm still going to get you locked up!" Baekhyun growled and planted his feet, then he pressed 9 and 1 on his cell keypad.

 

"Um, for what exactly?" Luhan dared to press but he kept his distance. 

 

"Um, um, for harassment!" Baekhyun mocked and snapped as he looked Luhan up and down. "And coercion and threats. And now ing stalking too!"

 

"Damn, if you don't sound like Sehun right now..." Luhan closed his eyes and shook his head like he was trying to clear his memory of something.

 

Baekhyun blinked dubiously. "I bet I do! And just wait until I tell him about this ! He's going to dump your scrub so fast--"

 

"--Ah, so you haven't told him yet." Luhan grinned and repositioned the heavy bags in his hands. "Good. I'm not too late." Then he held up the items so Baekhyun could see them.

 

Baekhyun recognized his little plastic bag of arugula, tomatoes, and a very conspicuous box of hard taco shells immediately.

 

"What the is this?" He hissed.

 

"This is a peace offering and an apology." Luhan bowed, deep and low. Lord, he was flexible. His head was nearly touching the sidewalk. "I was an to you before and I'm eternally sorry. I... I was out of line and you have every right to be disgusted, untrustworthy, and angry with me right now."

 

Baekhyun glanced left, then right, then left again before leveling his stare back on Luhan in outright confusion. What was going on?

 

"But what I said about your skills earlier, that was true and I meant that." Luhan stood up and straight and walked closer, then he sat down the fabric grocery bags at Baekhyun's feet.

 

"I need you Byun. Because you're amazing and will be amazing. The LAX team needs you. You're the only one who can do this."

 

Baekhyun eyed the bags curiously before he looked up at Luhan.

 

"What're you... even asking me?" He breathed. He was too tired for this nonsense right now.

 

"I'm asking you on behalf of the LAX team to help us, Byun." Luhan clenched his fists.

 

"To help us get rid of Park Chanyeol."

 

--- --- --- ---

 

TBC...

 

 

Yup. Yup this ended just like you see it. Yup be mad. I'm not sorry.