What to expect when -- part 03

Crave that Sauce!

 

This chapter is really long and totally makes the situation worse than it already is. I was deep in k-drama hell when I wrote this and I think it shows.

 

This will also be the last time for a long time that platonic SeBaek will rise because of reasons too! Lol!

 

PREPARE YOURSELF.

 

--- --- --- ---

 

Sehun did his best not to stare at the time even though in his head he was counting the seconds until he got home.

 

"You better be there." He chanted in his head, willing Chanyeol to stay put. 

 

Sehun would not look at the time. He wouldn't.

 

Okay he did, but only because he'd gotten a text.

 

This "to look, or not look" game became increasingly harder once Baekhyun was awake. The pregnant teen was hyper aware of Sehun's actions and he squinted curiously every single time Sehun looked at his phone. 

 

"You know..." Baekhyun said while he got his bag ready for work later. "You don't actually have to hang out here all day. It's not like were doing anything important."

 

Sehun had very quickly dismissed this comment and looked at his phone. "No, it's fine. Everything's fine."

 

It wasn't. Nothing was fine and everything hurt, but Sehun had to stay cool, calm, and collected. For Baekhyun and Bitty. So he found something to keep himself distracted.

 

"I'm starting to wonder if I took on too much stuff way too soon." Sehun sighed heavily.

 

He and Baekhyun were sitting at the kitchen table having a quick meal. The food was nothing fancy, seeing as how Baekhyun's cooking abilities were only at level 01, so it was just some sausages, rice, and steamed vegetables. 

 

"Seriously, our social calendar is going to be nuts. I need to find a way to clone myself." Sehun waved his hands in clear exasperation.

 

He had his tablet laying on the table in front of him with the calendar open along with a notebook he kept making notes in. Baekhyun knew Sehun was documenting the day so far. He always did it in long-hand first but he'd paused on a particular spot and just stared at it. His expression had been contemplative, serious, and sort of upset, then he'd reconfirmed Baekhyun's next baby check-up.

 

Baekhyun flipped the sizzling sausages in the skillet and smiled a little at Sehun's mention of 'our'. He was used to tagging along when Sehun attended social events (even if he was ignored by everyone but his friend) so it made him happy to be included. He wasn’t so sure he'd be able to keep up now that he was expecting a baby though. Baekhyun just didn't have the heart to tell Sehun he'd have to fly solo in the coming months.

 

He'd realize soon enough.

 

"I have to rearrange so much..." Sehun huffed to himself. "Maybe even drop out on a few things."

 

"Sehun, you don't actually have to go with me to my appointments." Baekhyun said reassuringly. "Now that I know what to expect I'll be fine. As much as I appreciate you being there, I doubt the rest of them will be as exciting."

 

"Are you kidding? You're having a baby. If I have to I'll cancel aaaaall of this ." Sehun made a sweeping motion over the table and stared at Baekhyun hard.

 

"Each week Bitty gets bigger. I mean, you're just standing there creating eyeballs, a spinal column, and tiny feet right now, which means each ultrasound will be different. I plan on documenting and collecting every single photo and moment. You and Bitty take top priority. If people get mad about that, that's their problem."

 

Baekhyun snorted a chuckle and held up his hands. He wasn't going to argue because he knew how Sehun was. Once he set his mind to something there was no talking him out of it.

 

It was moments like this made Baekhyun so impossibly happy that Sehun was so excited about the baby. His chest actually got tight with both relief and trepidation.

 

Because these were the conversations he should be having with Chanyeol. The baby's father. Sehun was Chanyeol’s bestfriend. At least Baekhyun still figured Sehun was. He didn't really know how Sehun was feeling about the wayward LAX captain and he was too nervous to ask.

 

And for the second time that day a heavy sense of longing washed over Baekhyun. If Sehun had fathered this child, all of Baekhyun’s problems would be solved.

 

At least, he felt like they would be.

 

"Well just remember you have your own life and everything... No need to drop all of your... other plans." Baekhyun felt the need to mention this carefully. He was trying to hint that Sehun shouldn't neglect his relationship with Luhan but it felt weird telling someone what to do regarding their own boyfriend.

 

Sehun probably didn't realize he did it but he sort of got fixated on everyone and everything else going on around him. Most of the time not with good intentions.

 

In the past (when Sehun was just a 13/15 year old gossiping starter with zero moral compass) he'd gone weeks without talking to Baekhyun because he was busy "following up on leads" or "verifying some facts" which was code for "stalking and preparing to ruin someone's life". Sehun had gotten better about this as he'd matured though.

 

Baekhyun liked to take credit for that. He felt that he'd helped Sehun become a more humble person.

 

"So, what kind of stuff are you talking about anyway? Besides parties and school events? Interviews?" Baekhyun asked as he checked the rice. The smell of sweet carbs made his stomach flip in anticipation.

 

"Yeah, there's stuff I'm going to with my mom when she unveils her new jewelry line, then a few of the really popular and well off alumni are planning a party for next month at this new club that's opening." Sehun sat back in his chair and crossed his arms.

 

"Club EXODUS or something, and I got an invite to cover the ribbon cutting and interview the owner. Also, do you remember Cho Kyuhyun? Snarky dude, really cute with the y singing voice and weird interest in wine? He graduated two years ago?"

 

Baekhyun nodded, he did remember Kyuhyun. The older boy had often helped him with his studies. He'd been nice and one of the few upperclassmen Baekhyun had liked.

 

Sehun tapped the table. "He just got engaged to Siwon Choi and their wedding is next Spring in New Zealand at some fancy vinyard that totally looks like a place from Lord of the Rings. They backpacked across the country and literally stumbled upon their dream wedding spot, then Siwon proposed. That's some romantic ."

 

"Engaged?" Baekhyun repeated in shock. "Wait they're like, twenty. Are they seriously getting married?"

 

He couldn’t imagine.

 

"Yeah, but they've been together since like, 8th grade." Sehun shrugged. "My mom designed their wedding bands." He got up and walked over to Baekhyun and showed a photo on his tablet of the ring. It was beautiful, classic, timeless, somewhat masculine, most definitely expensive, and looked like something you'd find exploring dungeons in an RPG.

 

"I got an invite to the ceremony. Baek, I'll finally get to see the Shire and Rivendell..." Sehun sighed wistfully.

 

Baekhyun felt his heart do a strange stutter. Wait what? Sehun was leaving the country? Next Spring? The baby would be born by then and Baekhyun would need him.

 

"Th-that's awesome." Baekhyun replied a bit weakly.

 

Sehun nodded, but then he took a long breath like just talking about all of this was exhausting him. "Then Huang ZiTao's and Wu Yifan's daughter turns one next month. I can't believe it's been a year since he had the baby..." He looked up at the ceiling. "They're throwing this huge party at their estate for her and they just got back from Paris and--hey, have you ever seen their daughter?"

 

Baekhyun shook his head so Sehun pulled up yet another photo. This one of a plump and rosey cheeked little girl in a black dress and shoes with white socks. She had a shock of glossy black hair sticking out ftom under a peach colored beret and she was the perfect blend of Huang ZiTao and Wu Yifan. It actually stunned Baekhyun how much the child looked like them. Her paternity could never be questioned.

 

She was going to be an absolute knock-out when she grew up.

 

"She's beautiful." Baekhyun cooed and touched the side of the tablet. He couldn’t believe in a few months he'd be holding a baby like her. How much like Chanyeol would the baby look like? Baekhyun wondered solemnly. He could barely remember his ex-boyfriend's face now.

 

Sehun's face lit up with legitimate excitement. "God, it's going to be so ing cute and absolutely gorgeous. All Gucci themed in blush peach and platinum. I think the party is more for Tao and Yifan though... A one year old wouldn't know what's going on right?"

 

Baekhyun shrugged. "No idea."

 

"Right? Anyway, I got invited to that party too." Sehun tapped his chin with his pen. "Though, this is more of a personal event, Yifan and Tao have major connections to the publishing industry and I want to do a follow-up piece on Tao and the baby. I'd be stupid to miss it. The work would look so good on my college applications and resume too."

 

Sehun closed his eyes. "Plus there's gonna be really expensive gift bags, food, and sugary cake."



Baekhyun giggled, filling a plate with the food but before he could finish, Sehun was taking over and motioning for him to sit at the table. The small teen blinked a bit dubiously but took a seat.

 

"Well uh... all of that sounds fun and exciting, not stressful..."

 

...It must be nice to plan for a future that's just yours.

 

Baekhyun didn't say that last part out loud.

 

"Meh... I'll be working." Sehun pointed out as he took his seat. "It's an absolute nightmare trying to conduct interviews when a party is raging in the back."

 

"You know, you made me realize something..." Baekhyun blinked slowly as he chewed a spoonful of rice. "This has been... the lamest summer break ever. All I've done is go to work, study, sleep, and eat. I'm like, a shell of my former self." He rubbed his eyes, still a bit groggy from his nap.

 

"It's not like you can't still get into stuff. You're pregnant, not doing twenty years to life." Sehun said.

 

Both boy's paused in thought...

 

"Okay that was a bad analogy." Sehun waved his hands like he was clearing a bad smell. "What I'm saying is, being pregnant doesn't mean you can't still enjoy life. Hell, there's probably some parties we can go to this weekend. I'm free if you're up to it."

 

"I have work." Baekhyun chewed his bottom lip and shrugged. "And... It's not just parties. I feel like I should be doing more interesting things." He picked at his shirt. "So far the most exciting thing that's happened to me is that I'm expecting a baby and... Now, I really don't know how to feel about that."

 

Actually he felt sort of annoyed.

 

The excitement of seeing the baby earlier had definitely run its course. He was glad everything was okay but now the reality of his responsibility was settling in. This wasn't even something he could brag about to his peers. Adults planning families boasted about a new baby. Not teenagers who didn't have their together.

 

Baekhyun clenched his fists. Sehun's talks of the future had poked at his nerves.

 

Sehun looked contemplative for a moment. "Well you could you know, actually get excited? Your baby is something to celebrate. Personally, I'm super hyped about planning your baby shower." He stuffed a spoonful of rice into his mouth then viciously bit into a sausage.

 

That made Baekhyun perk up a little bit. That meant sugary cake for him too.

 

"You'd... really do that for me? I thought you were joking earlier..." Baekhyun said softly.

 

Sehun nodded eagerly and swallowed. "Of-ing-course! I was actually thinking about this while you were asleep." He gulped some water. "What do you think about light green and silver with light yellow accents for a color scheme? Those are pretty neutral right?"

 

Baekhyun chuckled at Sehun’s enthusiasm. "I like it." He leaned back in his seat and blew a puff of air through his bangs. "Geez, it's been a while since I had a party. I didn't even do anything on my birthday..."

 

Sehun had wanted him to. He'd tried to get Baekhyun to skip work and go out but Baekhyun had refused. Late that evening after work his mom, Sehun, and Heechul had a small cake and a few gifts waiting for him. The gathering had been so nice and sweet that Baekhyun had almost cried.

 

Chanyeol had also gifted Baekhyun with a custom made new hoodie that had cute chibified sushi pieces on it before lavishing him with amazing .

 

Ironically enough, they'd made a point to use protection that time. Baekhyun remebered this very vividly because Chanyeol had blown up some condoms as makeshift balloons before using a few on himself.

 

"That's why we have to go all out for your shower. We could even make it a late birthday celebration too. Man, it's gonna be lit!" Sehun suggested happily, snapping Baekhyun back to the present. "So make sure no matter what that you have work off that day because that time will be all about you and Bitty."

 

Baekhyun chewed his food slowly, unable to look away from Sehun in pure adortion. Sometimes he just couldn't handle how sweet his friend was. His throat got tight, forcing him to cough and drink some water.

 

"We'll see..." Baekhyun chuckled a bit humourlessly, doing his best not to sound bitter. "Not to be a buzzkill but my will be living and breathing work so that I can save up to buy baby stuff. I need to pick up as much overtime as I can because I don't know what the I'm going to do about work when school starts and I'm further along."

 

There was a long pause and Baekhyun could hear Sehun swallow really slow and hard.

 

"You're... seriously thinking about working up through you're pregnancy?" Sehun asked, tone concerned. "Is that even... safe?"

 

"I'll talk to Dr. Cook about it but yeah, up until my due date. If I can..." Baekhyun confirmed. "And I-I'm sure I'll be fine. I'll need the money. I can't expect my mom to pay for everything..." He felt a small throbbing sensation behind his temples suddenly. Just talking about money made his head hurt.

 

"That reminds me, have you... talked to or seen your dad recently?" Sehun shifted his gaze to the back door like he expected Mr. Byun to show up. "I mean, he's still alive right? Everything seems to be okay now with your house and the bills. I overhear mom talking to your mom sometimes and--"

 

"No." Baekhyun said flatly. "I haven't seen or talked to him."

 

He knew that he'd eventually have to tell his father that he was going to be a grandpa but hadn't said two words to Byun senior since the affair came to light and he'd seen his drained savings account statement.

 

"And I don't want to talk about him right now either." Baekhyun hissed and waved dismissively. "Anyway, I know my mom will probably get the big stuff like a crib, car seat, and stroller..." He trailed off and tried to imagine himself pushing a stroller down the block. The visual made him cringe a little.

 

"Actually, I think I want one of those baby chest-carriers. I see parents wearing them all the time at the park. Then I'll have to cover diapers, clothes, formula for when I stop nursing, baby food..." Baekhyun closed his eyes and rubbed small circles on his temples. "Then there's college tuition for when the baby grows up... ..."

 

"Wow. You're getting way the hell ahead of yourself there." Sehun chuckled. "Unlike with school, you've got time and getting new baby stuff is why people have baby showers. That's why I'd suggested a registry earlier."

 

Baekhyun's eyebrows went up. "Oooh, I see."

 

"And Park is going to pay for stuff." Sehun poked the table hard. This was not a question. Sehun would make sure of that.

 

"He's got the money." He said firmly. Then as if in afterthought he added. "In a whole bunch of different currencies."

 

"You mean he has Kyungsoo's parent's money..." Baekhyun gave a noncommittal shrug with his slouched shoulder. "Anyway, I don't--Chanyeol would be a backup resort I guess. I have to try to do this on my own."

 

Sehun huffed in frustration and smacked the table, startling Baekhyun a little. He was quick to apologize.

 

"But ohmygod, you're going to drive me crazy with this." He looked the smaller boy in the eye. "Baek, I know you want to be all independent, and responsible, and adult and , but literally no one expects you to do this alone." He stretched his arm across the table in what Baekhyun assumed was a gesture of reassurance and comfort aand wiggled his fingers. Baekhyun took his hand.

 

"Needing help doesn't make you weak. Plus, I both want and need to buy cute baby clothes. You can't take that away from me." Sehun pleaded with his eyes. "Don't worry about Bitty-Baek's threads at least." He smirked and popped the collar of his shirt. "My niece-nephew is gonna be looking fleek 24/7."

 

Baekhyun cracked up. It was so easy to imagine his kid decked out in the latest hot fashion and name brand labels because of Sehun.

 

"Okay fine, but let's just start with some basic stuff." He giggled. "I'd feel less guilty if the baby spit up on something that didn’t cost $200."

 

Sehun seemed to consider this and nodded as he scooped another large spoonful of rice into his mouth. He was ravenous.

 

--- --- ---

 

Sometime during Baekhyun's and Sehun’s lunch chat-time it had started raining. Just a medium drizzle as the sky gradually got ominously darker. 

 

Baekhyun didn't notice it right away but back upstairs in his room it was gloomy from lack of sunlight. He opened the curtains and peered out cautiously while he gulped down his prenatal supplements and vitamins. He gagged because he could taste them, all chalky, cardboardy, and vitaminy, and the bitter flavor made his face twist up in disgust. It also felt like one of the pills got lodged in his throat.



But at least that was one less thing to think about until tomorrow anyway.

 

"Tch, Accuweather is such a liar." Sehun groused as he peered over Baekhyun's shoulder, enveloping the smaller boy in his scent and radiant heat.

 

A streak of lightning arched though the sky on the horizon (Baekhyun jumped) and then the rumble of thunder growled in the distance all low and threatening. A second later it started pouring. Fat raindrops knocked on the windows and roof like a group of annoying neighbors and both Baekhyun's and Sehun's phones lit up with flash flood warning texts. Damn, this was serious if the county was sending text alerts.

 

"...M-maybe it'll p-pass quickly?" Baekhyun said anxiously even though it seemed like the storm was just building momentum.

 

Both boy's watched it rage in mute and sort of dumb awe for a few minutes. No longer were there children running free rage in the streets or butterflies zigzagging like they were drunk in the yard.



"I'm so freak'in glad my appointment was earlier today. Only in this state would it flash flood-monsoon in July!" Baekhyun sat on the floor and turned to his TV.

 

A solid 12 minutes passed but the storm hadn't shown signs of tapering out. Baekhyun had the news and checked the forecast and there was a storm advisory set for until later that evening. He was actually considering calling in to work for the first time ever.

 

Baekhyun's phone vibrated next to him and he answered it without looking at the screen.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Byun? Hey, it's Mrs. Ahn."

 

Baekhyun froze. His supervisor never called. He didn't even know she had his number. He pulled the phone away and looked at the time, thinking maybe he'd lost track if it and was late but no he still had a while before he had to be to work.

 

"H-hey...?" Baekhyun replied uncertainly and stood up to go out into the hall. "Is everything okay?"

 

"Yeah. Just wanted to call to let you know we're expecting a slow day so you don't need to come in. It's been storming on this side of town for a while. I had to send two cashiers home already." Mrs. Ahn said.

 

"Oh... okay then." Baekhyun's shoulders sank.

 

This was an overtime shift he'd eagerly picked up. He was upset but he could accept losing the small handful of extra hours this one time. Plus, it would be nice to have a day off to relax. This meant he wouldn't have to go back to work until Monday.

 

"And... you don't need to come in next week either."

 

Baekhyun’s stomach dropped into his . Wait. What was happening? 

 

"Um... Am I-I... being let... go or something?" Baekhyun asked anxiously and pressed his palm to his stomach. He felt sick.

 

"No, of course not. Sweetie, it's nothing like that at all. It's just that you're part-time and... business has been so slow since summer started." Mrs. Ahn got quiet and took a deep breath. Baekhyun could tell she was taking a long drag of a cigarette and he'd known she'd been trying to quit (she wore Nicorette patches like bandaids) so she must have been extremely on edge to start back up.

 

"Well, actually it's been slow since... you know..."

 

Baekhyun gripped his phone so hard it squeaked. Oh he knew alright. He just couldn't believe that Chanyeol's influence was this powerful. He was ing something up when he wasn't even here.

 

"Some customers only came in to see him so sales are down... Even the instant ramen hasn't been doing well. We're relying too much on the lunch rush." Mrs. Ahn explained apprehensively.

 

"But don't worry Byun, this is only temporary. There's a meeting in about two weeks about what we'll be doing to boost sales and bring in new customers. We really appreciate you picking up the OT when I know you have better things to do this summer. Enjoy a few days off okay? You haven't looked so hot anyway so maybe use the time to rest? I'll call you if anything changes. Bye, bye."

 

Baekhyun flinched when his supervisor disconnected the call and he stared at his phone in confusion while he walked back into his room and sat down heavily on the bed.

 

Sehun eyed him curiously. "You okay? You look pale..." He was by Baekhyun's side with the trashcan in a flash.

 

"I... don't know yet." He said slowly. "My boss just called and I'm like, on standby for the next week."

 

Sehun frowned. "Well that's... weird. You're not fired are you?"

 

"No..." Baekhyun gulped. "But I feel like I'm being punished." He cradled both palms under his belly and willed his nerves to get a grip. What kind of fate nonsense was this? He'd just been talking about work and needing money and now he was potentially jobless?

 

Sehun rubbed Baekhyun's back then he attempted to pull him into a hug. Baekhyun pulled away, his skin was suddenly so hot and tight. He didn't want to be coddled right now.

 

"S-stop." Baekhyun snapped. "Just... stop trying to make me feel better. It's not your job."

 

"Yes, it is." Sehun said sternly but he let Baekhyun go and leaned back where he could watch Baekhyun cautiously. "Baek, it's going to be okay. Don't start thinking the worst just yet..."

 

"I just couldn't have a good day could I?" Baekhyun hiccuped. "God ing hates me and he convinced all of the other god's to hate me too. Beyoncé told me the "best revenge is yo paper" but I can't even do that now!"

 

"Baek." Sehun hopped up and intercepted Baekhyun by gently catching his shoulders. The smaller boy didn’t fight him this time.

 

"I promise you, it's going to be okay." Sehun repeated. This time very slowly, like he was chanting a spell. "I'm glad you get to take a break. You need it. And I already told you, I've got you. Whatever you and Bitty need."

 

Baekhyun sank to his knees on the floor and covered his face to block the tears that were coming. Anger, frustration, confusion, fear, desperation, insecurity and doubt coursed through him all at once. He knew he shouldn't have let himself slip into a false sense of security.

 

"But that's not... This isn't your... Sehun--" Baekhyun's voice cracked.

 

Sehun's heart broke.

 

"T-this is all... This is all Chanyeol’s fault!" Baekhyun yelled. 

 

Thunder rumbled.

 

"If he'd just stayed here, o-or used a ing , or if he'd just never talked to me, I wouldn't be in this--"

 

The wind howled against the windows, rattling them a bit, then lightning struck, illuminating the atmosphere. A thunderbolt snap-crackle-popped a few seconds later and the lights flickered.

 

Baekhyun's jaw snapped shut and his tears back peddled, cutting off his flood of feels, then he sprang up off the floor like a jack-in-the-box. Sehun followed him out of pure reflex.

 

"What?" Sehun asked in a hushed whisper. "What is it?"

 

"Ssshh--you hear that? That ringing sound? That lightning was close by..." Baekhyun turned to his window and lifted his arm right up to his line of sight. The hairs on his arm were standing on end from static electricity. "Like really close."

 

"Oh..." Sehun gasped.

 

The boys waited, barely breathing, then Baekhyun suggested they turn everything off. He was about to reach for the switch to his surge protecter when the sky lit up like someone had switched on the biggest hi-beam flashlight ever for just a few seconds. Baekhyun could see shadows from the trees practically seared onto his walls and then--

 

*CRAaaCK-BOOOOoooooOOoOooM!!*

 

Thunder and lightning cracked through the sky, sounding a hell of a whole lot like it had struck a house, a tree, 10 people, and a transformer all at the same time. Something big split down the middle and hit the ground at the back of the house with a heavyhm groan and crunch causing the ground to shake and the windows to rattle. The power went off with a "zziii-click" sound and the hum of the air conditioner cut with a sudden "vrooooom".

 

Then everything went pitch black and absolutely silent.

 

It was only 3 o'clock in the afternoon.



Baekhyun had just about pissed himself and thrown his entire body on top of Sehun. They landed on the bed where he straddled and wrapped every limb around the taller boy's body tight and then hid his face in the crook of Sehun's neck.

 

"Hoooolyohmygod! ! I think it hit the house!" Baekhyun squeaked. He was trembling and terrified. "I-I-I think that maple tree in the back fell and I know we're still behind on the insurance premium!"

 

Sehun blinked in wide eyed surprise into the gloom, waiting for his vision to focus, then he tightened his hold on Baekhyun. He could feel Baekhyun's soft and sort of round belly pressed against him through their shirts.

 

"Ssssshh, it's okay..." Sehun whispered as he carded his fingers through Baekhyun's soft hair gently. "God, you're so skittish. Like a little rabbit..."

 

Baekhyun whimpered and gripped tighter onto Sehun. The action made the taller boy chuckle in a sort of exasperatedand and breathless way.

 

"Honestly, what're you gonna do when Bitty is born?" Sehun asked softly. "You can't be running from needles and rainclouds..."

 

"You'll protect us..." Baekhyun whined. "I won't have to do anything because you'll be he-he-here."

 

Sehun didn't say anything for a long time and thunder rumbled again, further away now.

 

"That's true." Sehun finally sighed.

 

It was still raining but it seemed like the storm was losing momentum and heading south. Baekhyun laid in Sehun's arms (actually he dozed off and it was the best sleep he'd gotten in a while) until it was time for him to leave.

 

"...You sure you don't want me to just drop you off? You could save some money on an Uber and..." Baekhyun offered following Sehun to the front door of the house. He kept looking at the floor. "I-I mean, the storm cleared up and I don't have anything better to do... Now, anyway."

 

Sehun waited until he was on the front porch before he dropped his shoes to the ground and slipped them on.

 

"It's cool. And the Uber is close by." Sehun smiled and headed outside. It was cooler out and the smell of wet grass and nature wafted over the boys.

 

Sehun watched Baekhyun, now eye level with him since he was two steps down.

 

"I don't want you driving when the roads are bad. Especially now that you have to haul precious cargo all over." Sehun reached up and ruffled Baekhyun's jet black hair, sort of roughly, then gently.

 

Baekhyun leaned into Sehun’s touch and resisted the urge to beg him to stay. He didn't want to be alone in the house right now. The lights still weren't on and the sun was playing "not it" with the clouds so it was overcast.

 

"Bitty-ah," Sehun started, looking directly at Baekhyun's belly. When he spoke next it was in Korean, soft, and tender. "I know you don't have ears just yet but humour me okay? Look out for your Baekie-mapa okay? He's scared of like, everything, and you're clearly going to have to be the brave one in the family."

 

Baekhyun sniffled and giggled. "Seriously." He agreed.

 

"Just rest." Sehun said firmly. "It's okay that you don't have anything else to do today. You don't always have to be "on", okay. Don't worry about anything but yourself and Bitty. Promise me." He held up his hand and extended his pinky finger.

 

"Ohmygod, seriously? You're so cheesy..." Baekhyun didn't feel like smiling but his mouth ignored him and turned up at the corners as he nodded and hooked his own pinky around Sehun's. "I promise."

 

"Lock all of the doors. I'll text you to check up on you later okay?" Sehun said.

 

"O-okay..." Baekhyun murmured. "H-have a good day." 

 

Sehun nodded as the Uber pulled up to the driveway in a silver Hyundai.

 

Then Baekhyun kissed him.

 

On the lips.

 

For a full 10 seconds.

 

Sehun puckered up and kissed back, tenderly, almost like he half expected this, then he pulled away slowly and searched Baekhyun's face. 

 

"Well damn," He chirped, breaking into a grin. "I'm going to have a great day now."

 

Baekhyun took a dazed step back and gripped the door frame. He was speechless and turning impossibly red. It felt like he'd just been dipped in boiling hot water. He followed Sehun down the drive-way with his eyes.

 

Sehun hopped down the last few steps, waved, and made his way to the Uber just as the driver lowered his snapback and his phone. The photos he'd snapped were clear and crisp even in the gloom of a passing daytime storm.

 

He didn't know who the other person was, nor did he care, but he knew Sehun was dating LAX team member Luhan. 

 

And that definitely wasn't Luhan that Sehun had just kissed.

 

"Where to Mr. Oh?" The Uber driver asked as he shifted the car into reverse. 

 

Sehun gave the address of his destination and stared out the window at Baekhyun’s house. The other boy had closed the door and the porch light popped on. Good. The electricity was back on.

 

Just as the sun came back out.

 

Sehun could clearly see the large maple tree behind Baekhyun's house still standing. It made him wonder what had gotten hit and fallen earlier.

 

"Sooo... You live on this side of town?" The Uber driver asked casually as they drove down the wet streets.

 

Sehun shifted his gaze to the front of the car. He couldn't really see the driver because he was sitting right behind him. The guy wasn't that much older than him though it seemed. After a quick glance of the interior of the car Sehun focused on the rearview mirror up front. A tassle with class's of 201X was hanging from it.

 

It swayed as they moved so he couldn’t catch the full year but he recognized the school colors. They were his own.

 

"Just visiting family." Sehun said easily. 

 

The driver nodded but didn't say another word.

 

--- --- --- ---

 

When Sehun got home from work that evening he was feeling too many types of ways.

 

He was fine cancelling dates with Luhan if it meant helping Baekhyun but he was pissed he'd had to give up a night with his guy for Park Chanyeol’s bull. And he'd had to lie. He wasn't going to be at Baekhyun's. LuHan had been clearly disappointed and low key suspicious too. 

 

Sehun paid his Uber driver, the same guy from before ironically, and dashed up the walkway to his families 5 bedroom two story colonial. The driveway was damp and empty of the two cars his parents usually drove meaning they were both still out. However, the housekeeper's little blue Honda Fit was parked in the back. He could see it over the wooden fence.

 

"Yooooo~" Sehun said as he entered the house and kicked off his sneakers. He shot a quick text to Baekhyun to check on him and let him know he was home. He got a reply a second later with a bunch of smiley faces and hearts. That made him smile in return.

 

"God, he's so adorable."

 

Emma, the housekeeper, came around the corner and greeted him with a wide smile. She had the family cat in her arms and the little feline started purring like the little engine that could when she spotted him.

 

"Hiiiiiiii baby~" Sehun purred back and reached for the five month old kitten. She was warm and soft and feeling her body against his released some of his pent up tension. 

 

"Your folks had a business meeting so they'll be late. Dinner is shrimp scampi with steamed broccoli. It's in the microwave." Emma said. Her head came up just to Sehun's collar bone. This week her pixie-cut was electric blue. Literally the same color as her car.

 

Sehun pursed his lips. His parents were always at a meeting lately. "Thanks." He replied and looked around. The house was dust free and tidy like always. 

 

"I'm on the clock for another 15 minutes unless you want me to stay a bit longer. I know you don't like being here alone all night." Emma patted Sehun's arm and then she scratched under Noodle's chin. The kitten ate up the attention.

 

Sehun hmm'ed and glanced up at the ceiling in the direction of his room like he could see through the stucco and original crown molding. He could just sense Chanyeol’s presence in the house like a poltergeist long past the point of an exorcism.

 

"It's okay. I know you're probably tired." Sehun put on his most bedazzling smile. "I'll call Lu' over if I get lonely. Thanks though." 

 

That was a lie. The second one tonight. Sehun felt gross.

 

Emma was in college full-time and cleaned houses part-time. Sehun didn't know how she did it. He could barely handle working a part-time job as a barista during summer break. Nevermind when school started. He'd already written his two weeks notice to quit letter a while ago but now he'd shred it. He wasn't giving up his job.

 

He couldn’t.

 

Baekhyun needed him.

 

"Make sure you take some food with you. I can't eat it all by myself." Sehun threw over his shoulder as he made his way upstairs.

 

The truth was that he wasn't even hungry because he'd eaten three cheese danishes and a bacon and cheddar quiche at work. He was stressed out and eating away his feelings with carbs he really didn't need.

 

Once at the top of the steps he sat Noodle down gently so she could follow him to his room. The kitten weaved through his feet, chirping and chatting and asking him about his day. Sehun couldn't bring himself to tell her how stressful it had been. He didn't want to ruin her night too.

 

At his bedroom door, which was closed, Sehun paused and listened for movement. It had been hours since he'd spoken to Chanyeol and he actually didn't know if the other boy was still here. He didn't send any warning texts to alert the him either. It didn't seem like Emma saw him hanging around. She knew Chanyeol so she'd have mentioned it.

 

Sehun entered his room and it was shrouded in darkness. Noodle paused at the threshold and sniffed the air, obviously catching an unfamiliar scent. Her ears flattened against the top of her head.

 

Yeah, Chanyeol was here.

 

Sehun felt his blood pressure spike almost instantly and he clapped twice, hard, activating the lights in his room. The soft incandescent glow illuminated the space, scaring away whatever dark entity was wrapped around Chanyeol. The other boy hissed from his spot on Sehun's bed and clamped his eyes shut.

 

"Ssssss, maaaan--!" Chanyeol rasped.

 

"What are you a vampire?" Sehun snapped in a hushed tone. "Why the are you sitting up here in the dark like you're a damn intruder when you have a key? Why're you hiding under my blanket? Why are you--"

 

Sehun suddenly paused and looked back, listening. Emma was leaving and she called upstairs to let him know she was heading out. 

 

"Don't. ing. Move." He ordered Chanyeol and bolted from his room. As he flew down the steps he schooled his facial expression to one of teenage nonchalance so Emma wouldn't get suspicious. Noodle sat back on her haunches in the middle of the door and glared at Chanyeol. Her big green eyes dared him to try to to escape.

 

Sehun walked Emma to her car, carrying her bags and a bowl wrapped in foil full of dinner, then he made sure she was settled in her car with her engine running.

 

"Night. Drive safe okay. Text me when you make it home. I'll let my folks know." He indicated she needed to lock her doors as she backed out of the driveway, then he went back into the house. Even though the property around the house was armed up to the gutters with security, Sehun didn't like Emma walking around alone at night.

 

"Now then," Sehun breathed after he locked the front door and armed the alarm system. He only ever did this when he was home alone. There was really no escape for Chanyeol now.

 

Sehun checked the security cameras on the 60" TV in the living room a moment later. The footage had a 30 second delay (that was wireless for you) and he could see Emma's car making its way up the block. He rewound the video footage back to hours before, nearly to earlier that morning and watched with a clenched jaw. At around 10 AM he saw Chanyeol amble up the block with his shoulders slumped. He was wearing a black hoodie, dark jeans, a black face mask, and a black bucket hat.

 

It had been 85 degrees out with 95% humidity.

 

Chanyeol had looked suspicious as , then he'd walked into Sehun’s backyard like he lived there but he'd leapt the gate, which was 6 feet high, instead of opening it and passing through like a normal person.

 

"God, why am I even friends with this loser?" Sehun grit his teeth and turned off the TV so he could make his way back upstairs. He willed himself not to run and cracked his knuckles. There was no rush. They'd be alone for hours.

 

No one would hear Chanyeol scream for help through the sound proof walls.

 

"Sehun, look, hear me out okay? Please. I know you're angry!" Chanyeol begged as Sehun rounded the door frame. He was standing and holding up his hands defensively. "But this isn't--"

 

Sehun didn't let Chanyeol finish.

 

In a blur of movement he was up on Chanyeol where he shoved him, hard, fully intent on putting him through the wall. Chanyeol grunted in pain as he propelled backwards, unable to catch himself. He didn't get the chance to fall because Sehun snatched him up by the front of his sweater.

 

"Ack!" Chanyeol choked out. His neck had popped. "Dude, you trying to--"

 

Sehun's fist connected with Chanyeol's jaw in a flash of blinding speed and unrestrained power. The resounding crack echoed through the house, the walls recoiled at the blow, and Noodle's tail went straight. When Chanyeol crashed onto the hardwood floor, all and elbows, it shook. Blood filled his mouth and dripped down his chin. He had a split lip so he reached up to touch it and winced.

 

", man..." Chanyeol gurgled and swallowed thickly. He looked around with wide glassy eyes for something to catch his life juice and spotted a box of tissue on Sehun's night stand. The other boy beat him to it and snatched up the box, shaking his head.

 

"Don't. You. Dare." Sehun lifted his chin and looked down at Chanyeol like he'd spotted a hideous spider on his wooden floor. "You have absolutely no ing idea how I feel right now. I'm passed the point of anger and maximum rage!" He thought knocking Chanyeol out would make him feel better but it only made him want to hit the other boy more.

 

"I should break your goddamned ribs!" Sehun feigned kicking Chanyeol in the chest and shook out his fingers. His knuckles were red and his hand throbbed from the punch. It had felt like he'd punched a brick.

 

", you better pray to whatever God you believe in that I didn't up my hand hitting your stupid face!" Sehun stretched his fingers slowly, wincing at the achey feeling in his wrist.

 

He didn’t work out anymore, not after quitting LaCrosse, so his muscles and limbs were weak.

 

Thing was, Chanyeol did work out. Religiously. (Luhan had whined about how they'd had to do strength training even while on vacation.) Chanyeol was physically bigger than Sehun, more muscular and, definitely stronger. He was at peak performance level at all times. He could have easily defended himself against Sehun and probably KO'ed him in two seconds flat. 

 

Both boys knew this. Sehun talked a lot of but in a real fight, Chanyeol would own him. The fact that Chanyeol had accepted that punch just proved he knew he was guilty.

 

"Look at you, you can't even look at me right now." Sehun spat.

 

Chanyeol looked small and pathetic. He was physically projecting his shame as he dabbed at his bottom lip with his finger tips and lowered his eyes even more. He looked for all the world like a kicked puppy. Sehun flicked the kleenex box at Chanyeol, making sure it hit him in the head. 

 

"Don't get any blood on my floor." He commanded and left the room. Noodle followed him. He was gone for a few minutes and when he came back he had a glass of water and two cold compresses. He the glass of water into Chanyeol’s face, silently ordering him to drink it, then he threw one cold compress dead in the middle of Chanyeol's chest.

 

"Oww..." Chanyeol groaned but accepted the water. He took a gulp, swished it around, and swallowed. After a pause he ran his tongue over his teeth checking for any loose ones then he chugged the rest of the water.

 

A heavy pause smothered the room. Sehun stood at command by the door because he had too much energy coursing through him to sit down.

 

Noodle decided to break the silence.

 

"Nyaoh? Nyaoh meow-meow, Nyeow?" Noodle flicked her tail and looked Chanyeol up and down. "Reeeoooww, meow meow-meow-meow-memememow!?"

 

Sehun crossed his arms, mindful of his hand. "Well? She asked you, "Do you even know why Sehun is so pissed? Do you have any idea what you've done?"

 

"Really?" Chanyeol snorted. "The freak'in... cats judging me now?"

 

Sehun sneered. "Yes ! Because you've committed cosmic levels of ery! Like, domino effect, chain reaction, the future is uncertain, next level ! You have potentially ruined lives! And you didn’t answer her!" Sehun's blood was boiling. He clenched and unclenched his good hand. He needed to choke a .

 

"You know what, you know what? Naah-Maas-Teeeh~~" Sehun took a calming breath and found his inner Yogi while silently thanking his mom for their parent-child Yoga classes. This tantric calming thing really did help.

 

"Let's start again." Sehun cleared his throat and fixed his hair with his left hand. "Because I am a merciful person, I'm going to ask instead of accuse. Like how Jesus would do."

 

Chanyeol squinted at him and gently pressed the compress to his jaw. It was bruising already.

 

"Was all of that Twitter some kind of sick joke! I mean, you're not really back with Kyungsoo are you? You didn't actually propose at seven-ing-teen did you?" Sehun gave Chanyeol a dramatic and heavily judgmental once over. "Did you know marriage is a legally binding contract? Pastors are just judges, man! They literally wear the same outfit! To funerals too!"

 

At the same time, both Sehun and Chanyeol’s ran their hands down their faces.

 

"Park! My dude. My guy. We've been friends for a really long time, yet I feel like, I know nothing about you anymore." Sehun his non-existant mustache.

 

Chanyeol looked off to the side of the room, clearly avoiding eye contact.

 

"Please, tell me I'm wrong and that you're not the type of guy who breaks up with one of the sweetest, kindest, most gentle, caring, amazing, and loving person in the world so you can run off a be with an--oh what were your exact words? 'A self-rightous, pretentious, boring, insufferably needy, controlling, spiteful, stuck up and frigid little brat who's only good for money, the occasional decent booty-call, and studying.'"

 

Chanyeol swallowed hard enough that his Adam's apple bobbed.

 

"And let me add, a spoiledclassist, undeserving, potentially sired by a demon, -stain of a little  who doesn't respect you--"

 

"--Don't talk about Kyungsoo like that." Chanyeol half growled. "I was--I was wrong... for what I said before... I was angry... N' none of that matters now..."

 

Sehun took a threatening step towards Chanyeol and the other boy recoiled just slightly.

 

"I can't believe you're defending him!" Sehun snapped.

 

"Sehun, you don't--you don't uunderstand... It's not--it's not what--it's not what you t-th-think..." Chanyeol stuttered. Actually, his voice was slurring.

 

Sehun clapped his hands to break Chanyeol’s broken record rap muttering but he dimmed the lights by mistake. He clapped twice hard again and they came back on. Chanyeol blinked like a drunk owl.

 

His eyes were red. 

 

At least Sehun half thought they were but his vision was tinted red with rage so he didn't trust what he was seeing.

 

"Then what is it Park!?" Sehun screamed. "Also, why the are you sitting there looking like a velociraptor used you as a chew toy? You were just living it up in Spain just yesterday, right? Flying first class, up in the sky, drinking champagne, living the life! OOoohoh oh the GLAMOROUS!"

 

"Sehun!" Chanyeol punched the floor and the thud made Sehun pause. "You're talk'in like..." He touched his head and shook it like he was trying to clear brain fog. "You're talk'in... way too fast. I came here t-to explain myself but you won't--you won't give me a chance..." 

 

Chanyeol stood up and swayed to the left before he flopped onto the bed with a "Umph", then he looked around the room and blinked. He didn't open his eyes for what felt like ten full minutes.

 

"Park!" Sehun stomped his foot. "Wake your punkass up!"

 

"I'm not asssleep..." Chanyeol scoffed. "I'm--I'm thinking..." He mumbled after an eternity. It was obvious he didn't have any fight in him. He sat up and turned lazily, his head lulling on his shoulders. "Hey... Can I have another glass of water, please?"

 

Sehun eyed the other boy but picked up the glass and went to get more water. When he returned Chanyeol gulped the liquid like he was dehydrated.

 

"Well?" Sehun prompted. "Speak!"

 

"Man... I had no idea you'd be this mad..." Chanyeol sat the glass on Sehun's night stand and looked around the room. "I mean, woooooow, I know you don't like K'soo much but... God, this is all so ed up. All of it. 'M trapped man, and I came here to get your help."

 

"My help?" Sehun scoffed indignantly, but now that he'd vented he was starting to see and hear with a bit more clarity and logic. "You... You sound drunk. You look drunk." Sehun did a double-take and really looked at Chanyeol. The other boy looked awful.

 

"Wait, are you drunk?" He blinked dubiously.

 

Chanyeol pressed his hands to his face and shook his head very, very slowly.

 

"Not really... M' just high as ... Well, I did sort've... help myself to your folks whiskey cabinet... Just a few sips you know, ta' take the edge off. Ma' nerves 'r just ed up man. I wanna sleep..." Chanyeol yawned so hard that his jaw popped. It twinged his bruise so he winced and cradled his jaw.

 

"You drank my dad's whiskey?" Sehun asked dreadfully. "Holy , you really do want to die don't you? Are you insane? My dad's gonna kill me!"

 

" man, I'll tell him it was meeeee!" Chanyeol hissed in frustration. "Because everythin's my fault okay! Even when... it's not my fault and--It seemed like the right thing to do in my head but now... And--But... God, K'Soo is so, so desperate. Like, I've never seen him so scared so I couldn't jus' leave him hang'in..." He dropped his head into his hands and his shoulders shook.

 

Sehun gasped and took a step back. "A-are you crying?" He asked in honest surprise.

 

"...Jongin d-doesn't know yet." Chanyeol mumbled.

 

Sehun just gaped. He was out of words and really confused. All of the fight seeped out of him. This wasn't how he'd expected this situation to play out.

 

"Sorry if I'm... react'in slow... I just... half of what you was say'in sounded like the teacher from Charlie Brown... Like, I hear it but like, speak English?" Chanyeol groaned and rubbed both of his huge hands down the back of his slender neck. He looked haggard and sort of pale. 

 

"I was speaking English, jackass! What, did you just go overseas and ing forget your second native language?" Sehun bristled. He really wanted to drop kick Chanyeol in the throat. How the hell would they resolve anything when Chanyeol was drunk and high?

 

Also, something wasn't right.

 

"No..." Chanyeol pressed his fingers to his closed eyelids and rubbed them like they itched. His product-less hair flopped around like dark puppy ears.

 

Sehun had always hated that middle part.

 

"No, I've jus'..." Chanyeol sighed heavily. "...been speak'in Spanish for like, six ing weeks and the Google translate in my brain still has jetlag or... some ? I didn’t realize this lasted this long. It's been like, three days..."

 

Sehun and Noodle glanced at each other then they both looked at Chanyeol.

 

"Three days since what?" Sehun asked in exasperation. "You're not making any ing sense!"

 

"Look, can we just... I'm exhausted." Chanyeol tried to crawl up onto Sehun's king sized bed, his movements almost feeble. "I need to sleep... I feel like I've been awake for five years. Can I crash here and we can... talk about this in the morning?"

 

"No! You don't get to ask for leniency right now!" Sehun hissed and stomped over to his bed where he snatched the other boy up by his shirt collar like he weighed two and half pounds. It hurt his hand but he didn't show it. And Chanyeol didn't fight him. He just went limp and stared off past Sehun's head.

 

Sehun could totally smell the weed and whiskey now.

 

"Why did you break up with Baekhyun?! Honestly!" Sehun barked.

 

Something, like recognition, flashed in Chanyeol’s eyes and for a second he suddenly looked 100% sober.

 

"Because of Kyungsoo." He answered very quickly and clearly.

 

Sehun knew as much--he'd told Baekhyun the same--but he wanted confirmation. He laughed a bit sardonically. "So you really did, literally my bestfriend,"

 

And get him pregnant.

 

"Then you abandoned him with some bull reason to run off to Spain to get back with pure evil?"

 

Chanyeol just stared past Sehun but his jaw clenched.

 

"Did you know you were his first? Like, with everything? If you wanted a fling why did it have to be with him?" Sehun hissed. He could just kick himself. He'd set them up. Just seeing Chanyeol and thinking about Baekhyun's situation, about his condition, made Sehun want to just curl up and die. 

 

And now Chanyeol stood in front of him with more bull. 

 

God, when Sehun heard that sweet and innocent little baby's heartbeat earlier at the clinic, something changed in him. Something just clicked.Baekhyun and Bitty deserved better than someone like Chanyeol. They deserved to be protected, appreciated, and loved unconditionally,

 

"I trusted you!" Sehun's voice cracked. "I practically gave my baby brother to you on a silver platter. You weren't supposed to hurt him--"

 

"--It wasn't like that." Chanyeol whined. He looked genuinely devastated by the accustation. "And yes I knew Baek was a . What's that have to do--"

 

"--You have people throwing themselves at you, just lined up waiting to you off! Guys and girls, and you--" Sehun was almost breathless.

 

"It wasn't like that!" Chanyeol repeated firmly, clenched his fists, and glared at Sehun. "I swear."

 

"Did you propose to Kyungsoo?" Sehun demanded, changing tactics. He was tired of this now. He was tired of talking. This never happened.

 

He shook Chanyeol, hard enough that it rattled the lacrosse players teeth. "Answer that and I'll let you sleep!"

 

Chanyeol looked away and clamped his mouth shut then a pained expression crossed his face, and as far as Sehun, and about half the worlds juries were concerned, Chanyeol’s reaction and silence was an admission of guilt.

 

"You stupid ... Why?" Sehun nearly dropped him, well actually he threw him, passed the bed and onto the floor. Chanyeol hit his again with a loud thump and his teeth clacked together again. 

 

"OW! JEEZ!" Chanyeol cried out but he didn't move to get up. "ing damn man, because I didn't have a choice, okay! I told you, Kyungsoo begged for my help. He got me and my family out of a really bad situation and I owed him. Big time!"

 

"I don't give a if he donated a lung--!"

 

"--He's pregnant..." Chanyeol admitted breathlessly. His voice quivered when he said that word.

 

Sehun had started pacing but he froze mid-step as his blood ran cold. Then his spirit left his body and his bones turned to dust.

 

Noodle took a few steps back and looked between the two boys warily.

 

"...¿Que?" Sehun asked robotically. He'd heard Chanyeol just fine but in true K-drama style he had to ask. "What did you just say?"

 

Chanyeol stood up, way steadier this time, and ran his fingeres through his hair. The muscles of his biceps flexed enough that Sehun could see them through his dark sweater.

 

"I said," Chanyeol took a deep breath and exhaled. "Kyunsoo's pregnant."

 

...

....

.....

......

 

"!" Sehun roared and he was up on Chanyeol in a flash again, throwing another punch, even though his hand still throbbed. He was pretty sure his fingers would shatter when the made impact but this time his fist connected with the solid palm of Chanyeol's hand. 

 

Because Chanyeol caught it.

 

"I admit I deserved the first one." Chanyeol huffed, barely straining as he lowered Sehun's fist. "Especially now that I know you're pissed at me about... Baek." He lowered his gaze to the floor and shifted his grip so that it was cradling Sehun's fist.

 

Sehun went in for a left hook only to be blocked and immediately disarmed. Now Chanyeol had both of his arms in his grip. Not tight, just firm.

 

Sehun shifted his stance to gain some leverage. He was angry and a lot of things but he wouldn't take a cheap shot and kick Chanyeol in the nuts. That was a line he just wouldn't cross.

 

"ing. Let. Go." Sehun warned. He wasn't trying to escape because he knew that he couldn’t.

 

Chanyeol’s grip was like iron.

 

"I had a feeling you two were close. You talk about him differently. Your face lights up...  But I swear I never wanted to hurt Baek. It's just that Kyunsoo was asking and... dating him would over complicate things..." Chanyeol spoke softly, gently, and looked deep into Sehun’s eyes with an expression Sehun had never seen on the other boy's face before.

 

Sympathy? Pity? Regret?

 

"I did what I did to protect him, I swear to you. On the Order of the Phoenix." Chanyeol explained. "I care about Baek, even now, and I didn't want to drag him into more bull. He was dealing with enough already."

 

Sehun's eyes widened at this admission and he wrenched away, shaking his head. Chanyeol let him go and put his hands in his pockets in a silent request for a truce.

 

"How is Baek, anyway?" Chanyeol asked, looking down at his socked feet. "God, I miss him... I wanted to call him all summer but--"

 

"Oh you, how am I supposed to believe any of that after what you've done?!" Sehun snarled. "After you've run off and gotten the Spawn of Satan knocked-up?! You may have fooled me once with your fake smile, and your fake teeth, and your fake --"

 

Noodle took a step back and looked up at Sehun with a "Well ..." expression on her little face.

 

Chanyeol closed his eyes and clenched his jaw. "Do you even know why you're mad at me anymore?"

 

Sehun ignored Chanyeol’s comment and pointed because he couldn't answer that.

 

"What the is wrong with you?" He snarled and panted, his breath ragged and heavy. He was livid. "Like oh my GOD, don't you have any ing sense? Does all of the blood in your body stay stored in your ? How could you let this happen?!"

 

Again.

 

Baekhyun was going to die.

 

"Sehun," Chanyeol spoke lowly, almost in warning. "Sehun, bro, I love you but--"

 

Sehun frowned, blinked, and suddenly Chanyeol had him pinned to the wall with his mouth covered by one of Chanyeol's large hands. 

 

"--you talk too damn much." Chanyeol breathed. He was right up on Sehun, staring him down, daring him to twitch. 

 

Sehun wilted a little bit. He was actually a little scared now. This wasn't Chanyeol talking to him anymore. This was LAX captain Park.

 

No nickname needed.

 

"Now listen to me and listen well." Chanyeol commanded. "What I'm about to tell you stays between..." He gazed around the room and spotted Noodle sitting a few feet away. The cats tail flicked. "...Us three. Understand?"

 

Sehun swallowed thickly and nodded slowly. 

 

"Yes, Kyunsoo's pregnant. Yes, I proposed and we're engaged." Chanyeol confirmed.

 

Sehun's eye slid shut and he slumped in defeat.

 

All he could think was poor Baek. Poor Bitty. How had the situation gotten this bad so fast? How was Baekhyun going to ever tell Chanyeol he was pregnant with his baby?

 

"But I never said the baby was mine." Chanyeol whispered right next to Sehun's ear.

 

Sehun's eyes popped open just at Chanyeol released him and took a step back. Before he could even ask what any of this meant Chanyeol was answering.

 

"Kyungsoo and I haven't slept together since we broke up months ago. We only kissed while we were in Spain so no one got suspicious..." He sat down on the bed and gazed at the floor briefly then he looked back up at Sehun.

 

"I haven't been with anyone since Baek. No one. All of those Twitter pics were faked... Because we're not back together. Not for real anyway."

 

Sehun felt a trickle of sweat run down the side of his face and his right hand twitched. He stood up straight and fixed his shirt.

 

"Kyungsoo's baby isn't mine." Chanyeol said firmly, like putting it out in the universe released him from some horrible curse, then he ran his hands down his face and back up through his hair where he clawed at his scalp.

 

"I just... have to say that it is..."

 

--- --- --- ---

 

Have at it XDXD!