A Mentally Tiring Abeoji

it, I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun and I looked at each other in panic.

 

            “Uhh,” I started, “Mrs. Im, she’ll be there in a minute. Please give us a few seconds.”

            “Algeussemnida Deoryeonim,” she bowed politely and walked out of my room.

            The second the door was closed completely, Joohyun was all wide-eyed, panicking. Then, she yelled at me, “Ya! What if he’s going to ask me stuffs?! How am I supposed to answer?! Ya!! You dragged me into this!! Oh god I’m scared! What if--“

            “Shhhh!! Shhhh!!! Ya! Calm down will you?!” I cut off her ramblings.

            “How am I supposed to calm down, you octopus face!!” She yelled as she fidgeted around. Wait what? Octopus?

            I stared at her incredulously, “Ya! Mworago?”

            “This is your entire fault! How am I supposed to deal with your abeoji?!” she yelled.

            “Shhhh, Ya Seo Joohyun--“

            “Don’t ‘Ya’ me!! Oh god, your abeoji will murder me!! What am I supposed to--“

             Aish. jinjja this girl!

            “Shhhhh,” I covered her rambling mouth with my palm. She fought it a little, but when she realized that I wouldn’t take off my palm off of anytime soon, she gave up. After a few seconds, I finally let go of my palm.

            “What did you do that for?” she frowned.

            “I didn’t know how to make you shut up, so I put my palm over your blaring mouth,” I said, “Wae? Did you want me to kiss you instead?”

            Her face turned crimson. I smirked inwardly. This girl is seriously fun to tease.

 

Seo Joohyun’s POV

 

            “I didn’t know how to make you shut up, so I put my palm over your blaring mouth,” he said, “Wae? Did you want me to kiss you instead?”

            I blushed furiously, as my heart beats faster. Aigoo. Did he see me blush? He probably did. Oh no. I turned my head away from him hurriedly.

            “Ani.” I said shortly.

            He chuckled, “Okay now, back to the topic.”

            Hmm what did we talk about? ….Oh my god. I almost forgot that Yonghwa’s abeoji is now waiting for me.

            “Okay so, first of all, Seo Joohyun-ssi,” he started, “Don’t look panic. No matter how unexpected his questions are going to be. Arasseo?”

            “Ne,”

            “Second. If he asks you when did we meet, answer him ‘a year ago at the …uhh school library, arasseo?”

            “Ne,”

            “Third, uhhh.. Ahh Mwolla! Just make up things, arachi? But please make sure you’re going to remember on all things you say, and then inform me about it.” He said.

            “Ne, sunbae--“

            “And don’t call me sunbaenim!!”

            “Ah, ne o-oppa,” I said, slightly shy.

            “Now go go,” he pushed me gently to the door, “don’t panic okay?”

            “Ne,” I said to him for the last time and then walked out of his room slowly.

            As I closed the door completely, I found Mrs. Im standing in the side of the wall waiting for me.

            “Agasshi,” she bowed

            “Call me Joohyun, Mrs. Im,” I smiled and bowed back politely.

            “Ahh Joohyun Agasshi, follow me please,” she requested as she led me to a huge double door made out of thick wood.

            “Here is Jung Hwejangnim’s office, he’s waiting for you inside, Joohyun Agasshi,” she said. Crap! I tried so hard not to tremble, but it’s hard. Seriously. Not when you know that a famous someone is waiting for you in his office to interrogate you about your ‘fake boyfriend’ aka, his son.

            I gulped lightly, knocked the intimidating-looking door lightly and went inside slowly after responding Mrs. Im with a simple, “Ne.”

            There he was. Sitting in his huge office chair, both arms lightly resting on his mahogany desk with so much authority, making me looked down instantly.

            “A-annyeonghasemnikka,” I bowed politely. Crap! Seo Joohyun! Don’t stutter!!!

            “My name is Seo Joohyun, and I was told that you requested for me, sir,”

            “Have a seat,” he said sternly as he pointed the chair in front of him. Then, I took a seat.

            “I’m just going to ask you right to the point, cause I don’t have much time,”

            “Ne, sir,”

            “So is it true that you’re seeing my son?”

            “Ne, it is true,” I slightly looked down. Please just believe my words, and let me get out of this room, Mr. Jung. Please.

            “Since when?”

            “A year ago, sir,” I lied, “we met at the school library.”

            “What makes my rebellious son special? Other than his abundant wealth that is,”

            Wait. Is he implying that he thinks that I’m a gold digger? My nostrils were about to flare, but I held it in.

            “Other than his impressive intellectual mind, which drew me into him, he has a very lovely personality. Charming, helpful, and courteous,” I responded smoothly. Wow. Since when I can lie like that? Jung Yonghwa, a courteous guy? I scoffed inwardly. Helpful? Yeah right. He agreed helping me to fix my music grade just because he did not want to damage his ‘good student’ reputation, remember? And now, he dragged me into this outrageous mess as a compensation for him. Aish! And Charming? …. Well, okay maybe he’s a little bit charming. A little teeny tiny bit.

            Mr. Jung was silent. After a few seconds, he laughed. Wait what?

            “Ms. Seo Joohyun,” he said after his laughter subsided, “Did you and Yonghwa really think that you guys could fool me?” Crap. Crap. Crap.

            My heart exploded.

            “Kim Tae Woo, Lee Won Hae, come here please,” he called some guys name I didn’t know, and a few seconds later, two men in black clothing came and bowed 90 degree to Mr. Jung. What is happening? Who are these guys?

            “You must be confused, Ms. Seo Joohyun,” he smirked. Huh?

            “You see, these guys are my subordinates.” Okay?

            “I hired them to spy on my son for almost a year already. To be specific, this started since I settled an agreement with Mr. Park Jae Soo for his daughter to be married by my son to merge our companies. I wanted to make sure that my son was on the right track in order to make the agreement runs smoothly. So, I asked these guys to follow my son. Yonghwa may be oblivious of this, but I know about all his doings especially during past this year. Even all those nightclubs he went to and all his chaebol friends,” he said, “I already asked Kim Tae Woo-ssi and Lee Won Hae-ssi about my son’s romantic relationships, but they told me that my son is unlikely to have a spec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter