Distinction of Lifestyles

it, I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

…. And toned abs.

            He looked startled, and I was flustered. I quickly looked away. Did I blush? Oh god! I wish he couldn’t see my blush. A second later, I couldn’t help but turned to look at him again. My eyes widen when I realized that he was about to unroll his waist towel, “are you going to change here?” I asked nervously.

            “Wae?” He arched his eyebrows, “Its my room anyways.”

            “But...”

            “Wae? Are you going to kick me out of my own bedroom?”

            “Ani!” I instantly looked away.

            After a few minutes, he finished changing and walked away to the south corner of his room to grab the guitars, which was placed neatly in his glass cabinet full of his guitar collections. I was still amazed at how big his room was. Even my family’s tteokbokki place is a quarter of this room’s size.

          “Yeogi (here), take this,” he handed me his vintage looking CF Martin acoustic guitar, as he sat down beside me with his own Gibson acoustic resting on his lap.

            Suddenly I felt nervous. What if… I forget how to play the guitar? I didn’t want to look like a fool in front of him! Aish, I think my guitar skill is already rusting.

            “What piece are you planning to study?” He asked me, while strumming some random tunes with his guitar

            “Andante in G.”

            “Ahh, araa (I know),” he said as he started to play the piece smoothly. I stared at his fingers delicately strumming the strings in his guitar. How can he memorize this all? I looked up to him. His expression looked serene, showing his strong passion for music. Suddenly, he stopped playing and grabbed a guitar repertoire book inside a small wooden cabinet nearby.

            “Stop staring at me, and start to learn,” he said, while searching for the piece partiture in the guitar repertoire book. 

           “Aish, so annoying,” I muttered softly, as I placed my fingers in the right strings. I didn’t know if it’s the right strings or not. At least, I think it is. When I started strumming for a few seconds,

            “Geumanhe (stop it/that’s enough). You’re terrible,” he said bitterly. The feeling of anger started to spark through me.

            “Aish jinjja! Will you stop insulting me and teach me already?” I lost my patience.

            “Fine," He said slightly chuckling, “First, you must expert the key scale. Now, what is the key for this piece, Joohyun-ssi?”

            “G Major, sunbaenim.” I rolled my eyes.

         “Correct, now put your finger there, and strum in this string,” he commanded, as he grabbed my finger and guided it gently to the right position. The second he touched my finger, my anger towards him completely faded and my heart started beating faster than usual.

            “I-igeo? (Here?)” I asked.

            “Hmm.” He then moved behind me, “Do it like this, so that you can move your fingers easily,” he putted his hand over mine and guided my fingers. My heart exploded.

            “Igeo?” I asked as I turned my head to look up at him, which made our faces literally only few inches away from each other. Wrong move Seo Joohyun! Wrong move! His chocolate orbs were staring back at me intensely, as I froze in my position. Then, he slowly leaned in, or was it just me? Dugeun dugeun. He kept on leaning in, and then I unconsciously closed my eyes. Oh god, are we kissing? Are we kissing yet? Oh no, I think I’m not ready! I don’t know how to kiss! Will he seriously kiss--

            Then I heard a chuckle, making me abruptly opened my eyes.

            “Wae?” He continued chuckling, “Did you really think I was about to kiss you?”

            My face went unbelievably red, caused by embarrassment and anger. That’s it. He passed my patience boundary.

           “YA!!!! IS HUMILIATING PEOPLE APART OF YOUR HOBBIES?! DON’T YOU KNOW THAT YOU’RE BEING UNBELIEVABLY RUDE?!” I screamed, “W-WHY WOULD I WANT YOU TO KISS ME?!” okay, I failed attempting to not stutter at that part, but whatever! He looked taken back at my sudden outburst, but his face changed into an amused expression a second later, as if he was enjoying my rants.

            My nostrils flared, as I stood up, “Why do you always think that every girl wants you?! You’re such a conceited jerk!” I never talked as disrespectful as this to someone who’s older than me, until today. Until a certain someone, who’s named Jung Yonghwa decided to annoy the hell out of me.

            “Go ahead, call me whatever you want, Joohyun-ssi. Every girl wants me, and I’m just stating a fact.” He said nonchalantly.

            “A fact?” I scoffed, “Such a hoax!”

            “Hoax you said? If it’s a hoax, then why did you close your eyes when I leaned in? You clearly want me, Seo Joohyun-ssi,” He teased.

            “I know that I closed my eyes! But that doesn’t mean I want you to kiss me! Aish jinjja! I knew tutoring with you is a bad idea!” I said angrily.

            “Bad idea?” He smirked, “Wae?”

            “I’m out of here!” I huffed, then I stormed out of his room. Oh shoot, I left my bag inside. I swallowed my pride, and went inside again. I took my bag from where I left it, and then went out grumpily. I heard him chuckle.

            ‘I HATE HIM I HATE HIM I HATE HIM!’ I thought to myself, as I walked down to the main entrance of the mansion. I wanted to cry of embarrassment, because of his previous acts, but I just held it. Why did I close my eyes earlier?! Aish jinjja! Babo!

            I walked to the huge window beside the main door, and swept the curtain aside. Heol! It’s still raining! How can I go back home?! I guess I should just run through the rain again. My pride is too high to go back to that jerk’s bedroom or even staying at his house until the rain stops. After a few minutes, the old friendly looking ahjussi from earlier walked to me.

            “Ah! Annyeong hashimnikka, Seo Joohyun imnida.” I bowed to him.

            He smiled warmly, “Ah ye, Seo Joohyun agasshi (*Korean word of addressing a young lady politely) my name is Kwang Dong Guk, and I worked here,” He bowed back at me, “I assumed you need a ride home, since outside is raining hard.” I smiled widely, how thoughtful of him!

            “Ah, you are right, Mr. Kwang,”

            “Well then, follow me, Seo Joohyun agasshi,” He said.

            “But! Mr. Kwang, I don’t want to burden you. And besides, I’m actually fine with the idea of running in the rain! Its quite fun!” He looked at me surprised, and chuckled.

            “Well, agasshi, you may get sick if you run in the rain too much,” he smiled, “don’t worry, you won’t burden me.”

            “Ah jeongmal kamsahamnida Mr. Kwang! I owed you!” I smiled widely.

            “Wait here, agasshi. I’m going to take the car.” He said as he walked away. A few minutes later, a black luxurious Cadil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter