Unexpected Declaration

it, I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He ended the phone call leaving me dumbfounded…

Back to Seo Joohyun’s POV

            The smell of scrambled eggs and toasts filled my nostrils as I walked in to the kitchen. Those pleasant smells would’ve made me cheery if I wasn’t in this pissed mood state. Yes, that’s right. I was still moping about Jung Yonghwa’s previous antics. Why is he such an airhead?! I only acted in reflex! His face was very close to mine! It was very distracting and it’s making me do unexplainable things! You guys would’ve done the same thing if you were me, I swear! Aish.

            “What’s wrong with you Joohyun-ah? Past these days, all you do is sulk, sulk, and sulk!” Said Seungyeon unnie, “wae?  What’s wrong? Tell your unnie!”

            “Aniyo unnie! Gwenchana,” I rolled my eyes as I stole one toast from a huge plate on the marbled kitchen counter.

            “Keotjimal!” she crossed her arms, “is It a boy problem?”

            I choked on the toast. “Mwo? A-aniyo unnie! What gives you the idea that I’m having a boy problem right now? I’m clearly not!!”

            “No need to be so defensive, dongsaengie,” she chuckled, “come on Joohyun, tell me. Who is he?”

            Should I tell her? Should I tell her about that Jung Yonghwa prick? Ah, cham. Fine.

            I sighed, “it’s just that…”

            “Go on Joohyun,”

            “There’s this guy…”

            “Uhuh,” she smirked.

            “Unnie stop smirking and listen to me!!”

            She laughed, “mianhae. Okay, keep going,”

            “So there’s this guy… and he annoys me! He annoys me a lot to the point where I want to bury his body in a pool of quicksand!!!!” I huffed.

           Seungyeon unnie just laughed, “AIgoo dongsaengie, youre too cute,” “When guys teases you constantly, it means that he likes you! Isn’t that obvious?”

             “Aniyo unnie, your statement is inaccurate,” I pouted.

            “Keure? How do you know that?” she raised her eyebrows, looking amused. So this is amusing to her?

            “Ah, cham!  Unnie! I’m done talking to you! Annyeong,” I took a last bite of my toast, huffed, and went upstairs to my bedroom.

 

------------------------------------------------------------

            I threw myself on my bed, grabbed my fluffy pillow and hugged it. Huffed. I shouldn’t have told my unnie about him. Now, she’s just going to be all smirk-y to me. But… is there any possibility that her statement is true? Ah! Andwae! She was just assuming stuff. I grabbed my pink glitter cased Samsung and dialed Sooyoung unnie’s number.

            “Yeobosseyo?” I greeted, “Ah unnie”

            “Whaddup sweetheart,” she chirped through the phone call.

            “Unnie, can you come over? I’m bored,” I said as I bite my lower lips, “and... I kind of.. Uh.. Need to talk to you.”

            She giggled, “Aahh.. Jeongmal? About what hyunnie?”

            “Unnie just come over, and I will tell you,” I said, “Besides, its been awhile since we had our ‘monthly’ girls talk!”

            “Ne, arasseo, I’ll be there in 3 minutes, I won’t take long cause right now I’m in the convenient store only a block away from your house darling,”

            “Okay I’ll be waiting! Bye unnie!” I ended the phone call.

            After a few minutes of contemplating whether to invite Krystal or not, I decided not to since she’s always with her boyfriend every Saturday. But I probably will text her later. I seriously need a girl talk with Sooyoung unnie right now. Yes you’re right. A talk about Jung Yonghwa. Aigoo. A guy’s existence never bothers me so much before, until him. Damn him!

            “SEO JOOHYUN!! Your friend is here!!” Seungyeon unnie shouted from downstairs. Well that was fast.

            A minute later, Sooyoung unnie barged in my room looking like she was ready to murder someone.

            “…Unnie?” I looked at her weirdly.

            She let her white leather bag fell to the ground, and stomped to my bed direction.

            “Unnie what are you--“

            “YAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!” She grabbed one of my fluffy pillows and started to hit the bed with it.

            “Unnie what happened?!”

            “THAT BASTARD LEE JUNG!! HE HAPPENED!” She screamed without looking at me while continuing hitting my bed, “YOU KNOW WHAT HE DID? I WAS HAPPILY WALKING TO YOUR HOUSE, THEN HE APPEARED OUT OF NOWHERE, MADE A FEW ERTED REMARKS ABOUT THE SKIRT I’M WEARING, STOLE THE BREAD I WAS EATING AND WALKED AWAY!!”

            I gasped, “Jinjjayo?!”

            “I SWEAR I WANT TO REPORT IT TO THE POLICE AND SUE HIM FOR UAL VERBAL HARRASSMENT!!!” She was fuming. And I was too. Sometimes, anger is contagious.

            “God he’s such a jerk!!” I frowned, “ugh why are guys so annoying?!”

            “Ugh I know right!! Hyunnie, I swear I want to punch his face!!”

            “Speaking of jerks, unnie, do you know what Jung Yonghwa did to me yesterday?!”

            “What?”

            “H-he leaned his face to me, and accused me of wanting him to kiss me!!” I rolled my eyes

            “Jinjja?! What a conceited jerk!!”

            “That’s what I thought!!!”

            “Do you wanna let it out hyunnie?”

            “Sure unnie.” Then, she grabbed two pillows and handed me one.

            “Ready?!”

            “Ready!!”

            “3… 2…. 1!! YAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!” we hit my bed repeatedly as we ranted about those two jerks.

            “YA LEE JUNGSHIN I HOPE YOU ROT IN HELL.” She hit the bed with more force.

            “I SWEAR I’M GOING TO DROWN YOU IN A SHARK TANK JUNG YONGHWA” I hit the other side of the bed with more force.

            “UGH LEE JUNGSHIN YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF TESTOSTERONE.” She threw the pillow to the ground and stomped on it harshly.

            I copied her act, stomped my pillow as I imagine it to be jung yonghwa’s face.

            “YA GIRLS!! KEEP IT DOWN!!” Seungyeon unnie’s voice was heard from outside my bedroom. Two seconds later, she barged in.

            “What the heck are you guys doing?!” She asked incredulously.

 

--------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile…

Yonghwa’s POV        

 

            Ever since my father’s sudden raging phone call, I was devastated and anxious. But I didn’t show it. I couldn’t show it. So, last night, after he ended the phone call, I tried to look as composed as my usual self, and coolly informed my friends that I needed to go home early to deal with some stuff. And that ‘stuff’ is my father. Ha. And now here I am, sitting in the grand living room patiently waiting for my father to arrive.

            “Good morning Deoryeonim,” Mr. Kwang bowed at me.

            “Ah, ye Mr. Kwang,”

            “Your father will be arriving soon,” he informed, “he requests for you to be waiting in the dining room.”

            I rolled my eyes, “why is that? Do I really have to?”

            “Ye, Deoryeonim. He requests a brunch feast.”

            “A feast?” I scoffed, “what for?”

            “To welcome him home, deoryeonim.”

            I laughed bitterly. What an irrelevant reason.

            “And he also would like to make a big announcement. That’s what he said” he added.

            I raised my eyebrows, “What? What kind of announcement?”

            “Chuseonghamnida. I am not informed about that, deoryeonim.” He bowed slightly.

            “Ah, is the announcement related to his sudden irrelevant rage to me, Mr. kwang?” I asked cynically.

            “Chuseonghamnida, I really don’t know about that.” He said.

            “Keure.”

            After I dismissed Mr. Kwang, I grabbed my iPhone 6 plus which vibrated non-stop since I woke up. Scroll. Scroll. Scroll. Looks like I received lots of party invitations. Aish, jinjja. If it weren’t for my demanding- dad, I’d be driving around town to pick up new clothes for the parties right now.

 

---------------------------------------

           

Back to Seo Joohyun’s POV

           

            “What the heck are you guys doing?!” Seungyeon unnie stared at me and Sooyoung unnie incredulously.

            “Oh! Seungyeon unnie! …We were just having a girls talk.” Sooyoung said.

            “Jeongmal? Then why are you guys so noisy?!” She crossed her arms, “ah jinjja girls, come on if you guys are ready, meet me downstairs and we’re gonna go.”

            I looked at her confused, “Uh.. Gonna go where, unnie?”

            “To our tteokbokki café next door, silly!” she said matter-of-factly, “you girls will help me in the kitchen just like you always do!”

            Sooyoung unnie and I groaned in unison. 

            “Why today unnie? Isn’t you, mom, and dad enough?” I pouted.

            “Nope. Besides, mom and dad will go out for a lunch date together. So its just you and me, sister” she smirked, “oh and Sooyoung!”

            Sooyoung unnie and I sighed, “arasseoyo unnie”.

            “Good. Now chop chop you guys. Get ready, and meet me downstairs afterwards.” And with that, she left my room.

            After a minute of groaning and whining, finally, Sooyoung unnie and I got ready. We grabbed our pink aprons with red ribbon from my drawer and tied our hair into a ponytail. Sooyoung unnie and I has been friends since forever. She likes to help our family running the tteokbokki café in the weekends or holidays. She helps us very often; hence my mom bought her a matching apron with me. After a few minutes, we walked downstairs finding Seungyeon unnie standing in front of the main door waiting for us with her arms crossed.

            “You guys seriously took so long,” she huffed, “Kaja! (Let’s go)”

            Our tteokbokki café is literally next-door. It didn’t even take a minute to arrive.

            ‘Cling’ the bell that was attached in the door rings as we opened the door.

            “Oh! Joohyun-ah, seungyeon-ah!” my mother appeared from the kitchen, “oh! Sooyoung-ah, you came too!”

            “Annyeong omma Seo!” Sooyoung unnie chirped happily.

            “You’re here to help too?”

            “Of course omma Seo, check out my apron,” she said while pointing at the apron she’s wearing.

            My mother smiled, “keure! Now girls, let’s start working!! Seungyeon, help me attend and serve the customers order, while you two, help appa in the kitchen, arasseo?”

            “Ne…” Sooyoung unnie, Seungyeon unnie, and I said in unison.

            After that, Seungyeon unnie immediately attended some customers, while Sooyoung unnie and I walked to the kitchen.

            “Appa!” I greeted my dad.

            “Oh, Joohyunnie!” He smiled then

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter