A Fake Girlfriend?

it, I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Because I have a girlfriend.” He then looked straight at me, “Its her.”

 

            I froze. Wait what? I didn’t know what is actually happening, but all I know is that he’s now walking towards me, s his arm around my waist, and dragged me to the older man’s direction. All I could do was letting him to do so, and put a blank expression on my face.  I was too confused with what was happening! What would you do if you were me?! Then, Yonghwa leaned in close to my ears,

            “Just play along,” he whispered softly.

            I arched my eyebrows in confusion, “what are you--“

            “Just shut up and play along,” he whispered very softly through his gritted teeth.

            As we reached the older man, he scrutinized me with a surprised expression. I grew very nervous. What did he get me into?!

            “Since when did you have a …partner, Jung Yonghwa?” The older man turned his attention to Yonghwa.

            “Since a year ago, Abeoji,” Yonghwa responded without hesitating. Ah, so he is his father.

            His father’s attention came back to me, “You. What’s your name?”

            “My name is S-Seo Joohyun, Mr. Jung,” I bowed at him politely.

            Then, just like that, his father’s face turned angry. Oh god. “Jung Yonghwa!! Why didn’t you tell me about this?!”

            Yonghwa scoffed. Oh my god he scoffed. Aren’t he scared of his father?!

            ‘PANG!’ I witnessed Yonghwa being slapped by his father. I gasped. The sight made me want to cry. My heart broke into million pieces.

            But Yonghwa did not seem to be affected by his father’s slap. He just cupped his bruised red cheek and solemnly talked back at him, “Why should I tell you? Since when you care about me that you want me to tell you stuff about my life?” 

            But despite Yonghwa’s calm and solemn voice, it seemed to anger his father more.

            ‘PANG!’ His father slapped him again. This is getting out of hand. My parents would never treat me like this.

            “YOU UNGRATEFUL RASCAL!!” When his father’s hand about to take a swing to Yonghwa’s already bruised cheek, I stepped in.

            “P-please stop Mr. Jung,” I stuttered. Yonghwa’s eyes widen.

            “You. Don’t interfere,” Mr. Jung glared at me.

            “Seo Joohyun, Didn’t I told you to just shut up?” he whispered to my ear softly, but sternly at the same time.

            “B-but sunbaenim--“

            He looked at his father and glared at him, “I don’t care what you say, Abeoji. Now you know that I have a girlfriend, and we’re pretty serious. I will not get married to any girl you picked for me anytime soon.” “Are you done talking to me, Abeoji? If so, me and my girlfriend will be leaving first.”

            With that he bowed half-heartedly, grabbed my wrist, then dragged me away with him.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

            Yonghwa released his grip on my wrist as soon as we reached his bedroom in the second floor. He walked to a fancy looking sofa, sat on it and sighed with his palm in his face. I stood frozen where he left me. I couldn’t process what was happening to my brain. After a few seconds of awkward silence, I finally asked him,

            “What was that?” I frowned. He didn’t answer me.

            “Sunbaenim!!” He still had his palm covering his face.

            “Ya Jung Yong Hwa-ssi!!” Still not answering.

            “Mwoya?! Can you please explain what just happened earlier?!” I said louder. This guy is seriously getting on my nerves.

            “ARE YOU JUST GOING TO IGNORE ME?!” I finally shouted at him.

            “Ya, can you please stop screaming? You’re making my migraine worst,” he said calmly.

            I pouted and crossed my arms, “but you have some explanations to do!”

            He sighed and finally looked up to me, “You sit first.”

            “Where?”

            “Wherever!”

            “Aish,” I grumbled as I walked to the other side of the sofa and tried to sit as far as possible from him, “fine. Now, tell me!”

 

Yonghwa’s POV

 

            Her twinkling brown orbs stared back at me expectantly, as I forced my brain to think of something to tell her, which wouldn’t make her more freaked out than she already is.

            “Hello? Earth to Jung Yonghwa-ssi?” she tilted her cute little head at me. Geez, What am I saying?

            “Uh,” I hesitated, “if you witnessed the scene earlier, which you did, you must’ve known that you are going to be my…. Uhh, girlfriend from now on”

            I swear I thought her eyes were about to fall off from its socket. . What a great way to not make her freak out, Jung Yonghwa. Sarcasm intended.

            “M-mworago?” she stuttered. She was about to throw a fit, but I cut her off,

            “Ya ya, its not like what you think”

            “Aish.”

            “You see, my abeoji arranged me a marriage with some chick I don’t know, which by the way, I also happened to be informed by him just today, so I knew nothing about it,” I explained calmly, “then, out of nowhere, you appeared in the middle of me and my abeoji’s combat. So, I got this brilliant idea to steer away from my abeoji’s decision. Which is… telling abeoji that I have a girlfriend.” “Which happened to be you,” I added nonchalantly.

             I looked at her expecting some reactions. But all she did was stare at me. Oh?  So she’s fine with it? Well that was easy--

            “YAAAAAA!!!!!! HOW DARE YOU?!?!” Unexpectedly she got up from the sofa, walked to me, and started to hit me violently with her tiny arms.

            “YA SEO JOOHYUN,” I defended myself with my arms. Which are obviously bigger than hers. Ha. But she kept on hitting me, “YA SEO JOOHYUN! GEUMANHAE!”

            “YA JUNG YONGHWA!! HOW DARE YOU!! YOU’RE USING ME TO SOLVE YOUR PROBLEMS??!?! YA!!!” She flared her nose. And hit my shoulders. Ouch.

            “Ya! I’m not using you,” I finall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter