A Day With You

it, I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Then, we ran in the rain. Together. And we didn’t know exactly where to go.

 

10 minutes later…

            “Oohh! Is that a building?!” I shouted happily as I looked at him. Finally. After an eternity of running around in the rain, we found a place for our temporary shelter, “Let’s go! Let’s go!” Then we ran to whatever that building is. As we reached the place, the rain got worse. I thanked god many many times that it wasn’t a stormy rain. Or else I’d freak out. And embarrass myself. In front of him. No I don’t want that to happen.

            “What is this place?” he wondered as we scrutinized the old shady-as-hell small building. It wasn’t even a building. Uhhh… more like, a four-floored house?

            “Gyeonggi-do Inn,” I read the neon-light writings on the wall right above the main entrance. The main door looked so crooked and old, “oppa, should…. Should we stay here for awhile?”

            “Ahh, mwolla, it’s not like we have a choice!” he said, “kaja.”

            The second we stepped inside; I looked around examining the place we were about to stay at. Yonghwa oppa’s face looked like he just witnessed a worm coming out of a person’s nostrils. Pfffft, why is he being such a drama queen? It wasn’t that bad, jinjja! Only, the carpeted floor looked dull, and slightly ripped wallpaper. But that was it. Everything else looked okay to me.

            “Waeee?” I whispered as I nudged him.

            “We… We can just wait for the rain to subside in some other place,” he said as he turned his back and was about to open the door, but I stopped him.

            “No wait oppa!” I clutched on his arm, “as you said, ‘its not like we have a choice’!! and  we’re both soaking wet already, I don’t want to run in the rain anymore.” I pouted.

            He sighed, “but—“

            “Besides, the receptionist is already looking at us!” I said.

            “Okay,” he sighed as we both walked to the receptionist.

            “Annyeonghaseo, welcome to Gyeonggi-do Inn, how can we help you?” a woman in her mid-40 asked us with a friendly smile.

            “Hi, can we get two rooms please?” Yonghwa oppa smiled back at her.

            “Okay, let me check for the available rooms,” she said as she clicked on her computer. Then, her face turned guilty, “oops, sorry guys, there’s only one room available left.” …whaaat?

            Yonghwa oppa and I looked at each other. Omo. Ottohke?

            “Do you guys still want it?” the lady asked again.

            “Uhh, is it a twin-bed room?” I asked hesitantly.

            “No, unfortunately it’s a single bed-room,” she said apologetically, “but you can ask for an extra bed and we will charge it to the bill.”

            “…” Both Yonghwa oppa and I fell silent.

            “Okay we’ll take it,” he said suddenly. My eyes widen.

            “What?” I asked incredulously.

            “We’ll take the room,” he said to the receptionist.

            “Ahrasseoyo, here’s the key,” she responded as she handed him the key to our room. Our room. AAAHHH, I suddenly felt my cheeks are getting hot. Omo. Sharing a room with him?! Ah, jinjja, Seo Joohyun wae irae?!

            “Oh, there’s a customer who’s going to check out later this day. I’ll let you guys know if the room is available,” the receptionist informed, “sorry we don’t have an elevator here, but the stairs is in the left side. Your room is in the fourth floor.”

            “Ahh, kamhasamnida,” Yonghwa oppa and I bowed to her lightly and walked to the stairs.

            “What’s the room number?” I asked him as we walked though the hallway.

            “402,” he responded, “and… Here it is.”

            The second he opened the door, our mouths hanged open. Seriously?! Even my tteokbokki café is four times bigger than this ….Dog cage! And the fact that I was a claustrophobic child is not helping at all!! I tried to breathe in and out slowly, trying not to embarrass myself in front of him.

          “G-gwenchanha?” he looked at me.

          “Ne ne,” I breathed in. He looked like he was trying not to freak out as well. Duh! This place is horrible for me. Imagine what a chaebol kid like him thinks about this room. I wanted to ask him if he’s okay with this, but I decided to just stay quiet.

            ‘Crashhhhh!’

            The second Yonghwa oppa closed the door behind us, the picture framed that was hanged in the wall beside the door fell. Oh my god. Is the wall made out of a cardboard or something?!

            “You’ve got to be ing kidding me,” I heard Yonghwa muttered under his breath. I tried to stay composed. It’s not like we’re going to stay here overnight! We planned to stay here until the rain subsides! …..Right?

            “We’re going to go after the rain stops… Right?” I asked him.

            “Yeah,” he said as he walked to the bed, dropped his bag and searched for something inside it.

            “, Babo-yah Jung Yonghwa,” he said exasperatedly.

            “Waeee?”

            “I forgot to pack my phone charger,” he palmed his forehead.

            “Fine, I’ll charge—Why is mine dead?” I asked in confusion.

            “Mworago?”  

            “Why is my phone dead? I’m pretty sure the battery was full!! I haven’t used my phone at all since I left my house!” I said.

            “Then why is it dead?!”

            “I don’t know!!!” I said in panic, “A-and it’s kind of wet!!”

            “What? Don’t tell me you held your phone in your hand throughout the rain…” He said. Gulp.

            “M-maybe I did,” I confessed.

            “Babo-yah! Why didn’t you put it in your pocket?!” he groaned.

            “Well, I’m sorry I forgot!!! I was about to open the Japanese translator before the rain went crazy!! So who’s fault is it?!” I glared at him.

            “Why are you blaming me?! Did I ask you to bring out your phone?! You took it out yourself!” He glared back at me. Oh this is war.

            “Now you’re blaming me?! If you expert the Japanese language maybe I wouldn’t take out my phone to open a stupid translator!!” I snapped.

            “What the hell Joohyun-ah!!”

            “WHAT?!” I screamed.

            “Well I’m sorry I am NOT perfect!!!” He angrily said, “I was forced to take 4 different languages courses since I was a kid, so what do you expect huh?!”

            “S-STOP MAKING EXCUSES!” …. Did I really just say that to him?

            “GODDAMMIT, I AM NOT! WHY ARE YOU SO CHILDISH??” he snarled at me. I was starting to get intimidated. I suddenly realized that I’m screaming to Jung Yonghwa. I almost forgot that he’s him. THE Jung Yonghwa. The same guy who saved me from erted ahjussis. The one who I always stare at in the cafeteria. The smart and popular guy. The guy I HAVE a crush on. I felt like I was about to cry. Ugh. Why am I acting like this? What is wrong with me? Get back to your senses Seo Joohyun. I won’t let my pride get stomped on. Even if I have to scream on my crush’s face. Yes. That’s right.

 

Yonghwa’s POV

 

            “S-STOP MAKING EXCUSES!” she snapped. Why is she being so ridiculous out of sudden?!

            “GODDAMMIT, I AM NOT! WHY ARE YOU SO CHILDISH??” I angrily said to her. Almost exasperatedly. She’s being so unreasonable! I kept on glaring at her waiting for her comebacks but she stayed silent. My heart broke a little when I saw her tear up a little. Oh no. When I was about to say sorry for shouting at her, she glared venomously at me,

            “AND WHY ARE YOU SO IRRESPONSIBLE?!” she screamed, “LET ME REMIND YOU THAT YOU’RE THE ONE WHO DRAGGED ME INTO THIS!!!”

            I scoffed, “ME?? DRAGGED YOU INTO THIS? YOU AGREED ON THIS REMEMBER?”

            “PSSHHH, WHEN?”

            “WELL YOU DIDN’T SAY ANYTHING SO TAKE IT THAT YOU AGREE ON THIS!!!!”

            “WELL I DID NOT!!”

            “WELL YOU DID SEO JOOHYUN!”

 

Seo Joohyun’s POV

 

            “WELL YOU DID SEO JOOHYUN!” He retorted angrily.

            “YOU’RE A JERK!” I glared at him.

            “YOU’RE A STUPID FOOL!”

            “I HATE YOU!!!!”

            “AND I HATE YOU MORE!!!!”

            “I HATE YOU MOST!”

            “I HATE YOU MOSTEST”

            “THERE IS NO MOSTEST IN THE DICTIONARY, OPPA. I THOUGHT YOU’RE SMARTER THAN THAT!!!”

            “I KNOW! AND I DON’T GIVE A DAMN,”

            “YOU’RE SUCH A JERK!!!”

            “GOD YOU’RE SO ANNOYING YOU KNOW THAT?!”

            “AND YOU’RE A JERK!!!”

            “WHAT THE HELL, STOP!!!”

            “JERK FACE!!!”

            “REALLY JOOHYUN? THAT’S ALL YOU GOT?”

            “YOU… Y-YOU LITTLE PIECE OF ROTTEN BALLS,”

            Then he stared at me incredulously.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

10 Minutes later….

            We fell silent after an eternity of what seems like the world war three. I was sitting on the floor with my arms hugging my knees, while the stupid chaebol was lying on the bed lazily behind me. Yes, that’s right. I was back-facing him. I was 100% still so pissed at him. Well, okay maybe 90%. And probably vice versa. Since we didn’t talk at all for like ten minutes straight. God Why is he so annoying?! Why isn’t he saying anything? Ugh! This is probably also my fault. I shouldn’t have acted so childishly. But I have a pride to protect too, people! I couldn’t just beg him to forgive my ridiculous acts. Huffft. I felt like crying. But then out of sudden I heard him sigh,

            “Look, Joohyun-ah—“

            ‘Cring! Cring!’The telephone on the bedside table rings. Then, I looked at him.

            “Just… Just get the phone first,” he said as he massaged his forehead while lying down. I rolled my eyes. Ugh! Now he’s ordering me around. I got up from where I sat and took the ringing telephone.

            “Yeobeoseyo?” I greeted the person on the phone with a friendly tone.

            “Hello room 402, I’m the receptionist earlier, I just want to let you guys know that there will be another room available. You can check in around 9.30 PM, so will you take it? We need confirmation,” the lady said through the phone.

            “Ne ne, we’ll take it!” I said without hesitation.

            “Okay, if you need anything else, just call downstairs by pressing the second speed dial thank you.” And she cut the line.

            “What is it?” Yonghwa oppa asked.

            “They have another room available, we can check in at 9.30 pm she said,” I said, “Are we taking it? Cause…. I said yes already.”

            He shrugged, “maybe. Depends on the weather outside.”

            Speaking of weather... I walked to nearest window and slide away the curtains. Omo. The rain had subsided! I was about to attack Yonghwa oppa with screams of happiness, but then I spotted something with the corner of my eyes. I looked very carefully to the window. Kyaaa omo!

            “OPPA!!!!” I squealed.

            “Mwoya…” he muttered under his breath.

            “Look!! Look what I spotted!!!” I squealed excitedly.

            “What….”

            “Ahhh palli bwa!!!” I insisted.

            “Shiro,” he said as he covered his face with a pillow. Aish jinjja this guy!! Why does he like to pick a fight with me a lot? I took a deep breath as I held my frustration.

 

Yonghwa’s POV

            “OPPA!!!!” I heard Joohyun squealed as she looked at me with a giant smile on her face. Psh Jinjja this girl. One second she’s grumpy, one second she acts like a crazy childish maniac, and one second she’s the most lovable girl in South Korea.

            “Mwoya…” I responded quietly.

            “Look!! Look what I spotted!!!” She squealed like a happy seal.

            “What….” I faked a groan.

            “Ahhh palli bwa!!!” She insisted, almost pouting on me. Oh crap. She’s using that pout weapon on me.

            “Shiro,” I said quickly as I covered my face with a pillow so that her pouty face was blocked from my sight.

            “Aiiishh neo jinjja!” I heard her footsteps coming to me. Then I suddenly felt the pillow was being pulled away from me.

            “Ya Seo Joohyun,” I softly glared at her.

            “Jebalyo,” she said. …And there it goes again. That pouty face.

            I sighed and reluctantly got up from the bed and went to the window to see what made her excited.

            “What? There’s nothing Joohyun-ah,” I looked at her.

            “Yeah there is!!” She walked closer to me, “See, the round on the left side of that empty road?”

            “Uhh.. a ferris wheel?” I asked in confusion.

            “Yeah!!” she nodded eagerly.

            “Okay… so?”

            “It’s a theme park oppa!!!” she covered as she jumped around like a cute little bunny. I suppressed a smile, and went back to the bed,

            “Yeah, so?” I asked.

            “Please please please, let’s go there!!!!” she squealed.

            “Shiro,” I mu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter