Chapter 9

Light

Hikaru's POV

When out of the room, I called Kei. To my surprised, he picked up pretty quickly. "Hey, is he awake?"

"Yeah, he's awake..." I answer, shaking my head at the fact of that being the first thing he says to me.

"Great, I'm coming up now." With that said, he hung up and I went back into the room, finding Kota lying on his bed with his eyes shut.

"Is he asleep?" I ask Daiki and he nods.

"Either that or he's trying to sleep." He answers. "Is Kei coming?"

"Already here." Kei answers, opening the door again. "I'm glad you're alright." He smiles.

"Thank you, but... What about the one who saved me?" Daiki motions towards Kota and as I had suspected, he wasn't asleep.

"It's fine, Daiki, don't worry about it." I saw the warning glare that Daiki gave him, but Kei didn't hear it. That or he didn't care at this point.

"I won't say it to him and you know why, Daiki." Kei frowns, sitting on the other's bed. "But, I will keep you company if you want."

"Yeah, thank you." Daiki smiles, ignoring Kota again as the older boy just shakes his head and tries to sleep.

"By the way... Who attacked you? Did you see him?" Kei asks as Daiki looked to me for help. As an answer, I just shook my head, silently telling him not to tell Kei the truth since it would be in vain anyway.

"I didn't see who it was, no." Daiki shook his head.

"Too bad..." Kei frowns as Daiki nods in agreement.

A Few Days Later

Both Daiki and Kota were released after everything was checked on internally and externally. I could say that things went back to normal, but, that was not the case at all. Because Kohei was always with Kei and the others, Daiki slowly started to hang out with us since he didn't want to be anywhere near Kohei after the incident during the class trip. Speaking of, neither Kota or Daiki could enjoy the rest of that since they were stuck in the hospital. They weren't alone though. I came whenever I could to see Kota while Kei and the others came by whenever they could to see Daiki.

"Kei won't be mad at you for this, will he?" Kota asks Daiki as we're eating lunch.

"I don't know, to be honest... But, you two are honestly better than Kohei."

"I don't know if I should take that as a compliment or an insult..." I laugh a little because it was true. It sounded like a compliment, but there was a hint of an insult too.

"It was mainly a compliment, don't worry." Daiki assured.

"Keyword, mainly." Kota points out. "So there was somewhat of an insult too."

"Sorry..." Daiki smiles at me sheepishly. "But, it's been a long time since I've hung out with you two... It just, feels weird."

"Fine, that's understandable." I nod but then frown as I see Kei coming up to us. Kota and Daiki are sitting on the other side of the table, facing away from him. And so, they don't see him coming. 

"So... Kohei wasn't lying about this..." Kei frowned as Daiki and Kota stiffened before looking back at him. Daiki frowned, looking to us for help. We would have given it to him if we could have, but, we didn't know how to help him with this situation.

"You shouldn't believe Kohei, Kei..." Daiki said it bluntly, most likely praying that Kei would listen to him. Unfortunately, he didn't.

"What are you talking about? He's my best friend!"

"He's decieving you!" Daiki retorts.

"Really? Because the only one I see decieving me right now is you, Daiki." Looking at Daiki's face, I could see all of the feelings that he was feeling at that very moment. Anger. Hurt. Betrayal. And the one that was the most noticeable if you knew about his feelings, heartbreak. "Don't come back, Daiki. If you're going to hang out with them, you're not allowed to be with us, got that?" With that said, Kei starts to walk off.

"Hold on, Kei..." I call after him, getting up from my seat and running after him. He can shun out Kota and Daiki, but not me. Not really, since we live together and are family. "You're being harsh... You should at least hear him out."

"No, and I don't wanna talk about it again."


A/N: Long time, right? Sorry... Anyway, last chapter is most likely the last, so you guys won't have to worry anymore about long waits.