Chapter 8

Light

Kota's POV

Where am I? I wondered, looking around and realizing that it was like the dream I had once. Everything's dark and then... Someone will come... Someone that I know, but can't distinguish. Someone who is also my friend... Wait! I realized it and had to slap myself for my stupidity.

"Kota, wake up." I heard someone say. That voice... Following the voice, my surroundings suddenly turned blindingly bright. Covering my eyes with one hand, I actually saw the boy this time. As I had thought, it was Hikaru. "Wake up, please." He sounded sad and like he was begging me. I was going to question why when suddenly everything around me was filled with a blinding light and Hikaru disappeared within it.

Blinking, I found myself in a white room with an annoying beeping somewhere nearby. "You're finally awake!" I heard Hikaru's voice. Looking over at him, I see his relieved face. Beside him, I see Kei staring at me and have to wonder if I'm still dreaming. Blinking some more, I still saw the same scene before I decided to pinch myself. It hurt, a lot. So it was clear that it wasn't a dream.

"Inoo, you're concerned about me?" I ask without thinking, making him scowl at me.

"Yeah, totally, Yabu." He says with the most sarcastic voice ever, telling me that I had gotten it wrong.

"Daiki is here too, that's why Kei is here. He wants to make sure that Daiki is okay." Hikaru explained, making me look to the bed beside mine where Daiki was still unconscious. And then it hit me, Inoo wasn't staring at me, he was staring at Daiki. That actually makes more sense.

"Is he okay?" I ask, trying to sit up, but feeling a sharp pain go through my body, forcing me to fall back down on the bed under me. "Ouch..." I complain, making Inoo laugh and Hikaru look at me worriedly.

"Don't do that, idiot." Hikaru scolds me. "You have to stay in bed for a while. Doctor's orders."

"Fine..." I sigh. "But seriously, is he alright?"

"Yeah, the doctor says that he just got beaten up badly... Like you. So, he should be fine." Hikaru nods. I feel so much better after hearing that. I was worried about him.

"Anyway... You two seem like you need time to be together, so I'm going to the cafeteria. Call me if anything changes with Daiki's condition." With that said, he left us alone. I let out a breath that I didn't even know i was holding.

"You were that nervous to be around him?" Hikaru questions me with a smile. When I look at him, I see that he's smiling because of amusement.

"Don't laugh. You know our situation..."

"I know, but still..."

"Still nothing!"

"You know..." Hikaru starts in a thoughtful voice. "He could still care for you. The way you do for him. Silently."

"Yeah right... I highly doubt that, Hikaru."

"Well... I still believe it." He smiles at me brightly and I can't help but blush a little, remembering about the dream. Or vision. Or whatever that was. Suddenly, there was a groan from somewhere near us. Blinking at each other with surprise, we figured it could only be Daiki and looked over to his bed.

"Kei!" Daiki yelled out and bolted up only to groan loudly with pain and fall back down on to his bed. Unwillingly, I let out a laugh. Luckily I wasn't the only one though, Hikaru laughed at Daiki's actions too. Unwillingly, I'm sure. "Stop laughing at me, you two..." Daiki glares at us before wincing in pain a little.

"It's just funny that you called out his name as you woke up." I smile. "I knew you always liked him more than a friend, but that was just unexpected."

"Shut up." Daiki glared even more at me, making my smile disappear as I remembered I wasn't in any position to give him friendly teasing anymore. Seeing this though, his eyes softened to a more friendly look. The look I've always seen him with when we were still friends. "Sorry... About everything, Kota." I blink at him questioningly and look at Hikaru.

"Did you say anything to him?" Hikaru shook his head at my question.

"No, I didn't say anything to anyone about it yet."

"About what?" Daiki asks.

"Nothing." We wave him off together, making him raise a brow at us questioningly.

"Anyway..." I start, wanting nothing more but to change the subject so that Daiki doesn't find out. I wanted him to know. Heck, I wanted all of them to know. But, if Daiki believes that I'm at fault, no doubt he won't even trust the video footage. He will probably think we edited it. "Why are you apologizing?"

"Well..." Daiki starts. "You remember Kei's girlfriend, Nami?"

"Totally, how can I possibly forget the girl that framed me and made all my friends hate me?" Daiki's face quickly changed to one of pure sadness at my answer and I regretted saying it. "Sorry, Arioka... I... Didn't mean to make you feel bad, I just... I really don't like her after what she did to Inoo." Oddly enough, that made him more sullen than before.

"You... Can use my first name... Actually... Please do use my first name." He looked at me with his eyes as big as a puppy's and I really had to wonder what he knew.

"Tell me why you're apologizing first." He sighs at my demand but nods, telling me that he would.

"Nami is Kohei's cousin... You know Kohei, right?"

"Inoo's best friend, yeah." I nod.

"Yes, but... I don't think he deserves to be..."

"Oh?" We blink at him questioningly.

"You guys saw the five guys beat me up, right? But... They that wasn't a coincidence."

"Us finding you, you mean?" Hikaru asks.

"No, that was coincidence. I mean, them beating me up... They were asked to do it."

"Let me guess, by Kohei?" I ask and Daiki nods.

"Yeah... I'm guessing he doesn't want any of us to know the actual type of person he is... And that's why, he had me beaten up. Because I figured it out." Daiki explained it to us. "And, I'm sorry about everything I did to you... You didn't deserve it."

"It's fine." I wave him off. "As long as you know the truth now."

"Well... The others would know if you..." Hikaru started but I cover his mouth just in time.

"If he what?" Daiki asks.

"Nothing." I assure him.

"Kota..."

"Fine." I sigh. "Hikaru has a video tape of what actually happened. I got the security footage and then made a copy to clear my name, but..."

"You figured that we wouldn't believe you, right?" Daiki asks, making me nod. "Well... The others probably won't, but I will, now that I know the truth."

"Thanks, Daiki. It means a lot." I smile, using his first name after what seemed like a long time. Hearing that, he smiled at me brightly.

"Unfortunately... Even if I want to, I don't think Kei will let me hang out with you guys, you know how he is..." Daiki frowns.

"It's fine, we'll get him to see one day." I wave it off. "Hopefully..."

"Speaking of Kei... I have to call him." With that said, Hikaru leaves the room and Daiki turns to me.

"What is he? Your personal guardian angel or something?"

"What?"

"You haven't noticed?" I give him a confused look at the question and he sighs with exasperation. "Ever since he came back, your life has been a lot better, Kota."

"Came back?" I ask.

"You don't remember, do you?"

"Should I?"

"You really should."

"Well... Maybe it will come to me later... Maybe after some sleep or something."

"You and I were both out cold for who knows how long and we have to sleep tonight too, do you really think that's wise?"

"I'm just tired right now, okay?" With that said, I turn away from him slowly so as not to hurt myself even more. Once I'm faced the other way, I let my thoughts wander. I had lied to Daiki about being tired, I just needed to think over some things.


A/N: Well, this would have been done last month, but I went on vacation before I could update it. And, I mean the chapter, not the story. At least one of them knows now, right? Please comment, you guys, I'm lacking that.