Chapter 7

Light

Daiki's POV

Leaving the room, I head down a hallway as I look at my surroundings. It was a nice hotel. Well, the parts that I've seen so far were nice. The floors were made of black marble and the walls were a deep mahogany colour. The lights that lit up the halls were dimly lit, giving it an eerie feeling, but it It was also quite beautiful. Suddenly, out of the corner of my eyes, I see a familiar figure in a blue t-shirt and black jeans. Turning to get a better look, I see Kohei with a girl. I was going to approach him and the girl to say hi, but then I realized I knew the girl too. It was Nami. Hiding behind one of the pillars, I listened to what they were saying.

"I'm glad your school came here of all places. Now I can spend some time with you." Nami smiled happily. They know each other? I thought.

"Yeah, I'm glad too." Kohei smiled. "And, thank you again for everything."

"No problem. It was my pleasure helping out my favourite cousin." Cousin? I thought. They're cousins? "I still can't believe that poor boy doesn't know though... His own best friend betrayed him by making him think he has the girl he likes only to be tricked and then think that his other best friend betrayed him instead." What? I was screaming in my mind.

"He deserved it." Kohei frowned. "He replaced me with Yabu. He shouldn't have. If that guy was only his friend, I wouldn't mind it, but no. He just had to go find himself a new best friend!"

"Yeah, I can understand your pain, don't worry." Nami patted his shoulder. So... Kota didn't... I was having the hardest time to process this. All this time... All these years... We had thought that Kota had betrayed Kei. And it was only natural for Kei to hate him. Us too. Kei was one of our good friends and that betrayal not only hurt Kei, but all of us. But now, I was regretting everything we had ever done to Kota. He didn't deserve it. Especially now that I know the truth. I have to tell Kei... I thought, stepping out of my hiding place to go back to my room. Bad idea.

"Daiki? Is that you?" I heard Kohei's voice. Damn it, he saw me! As I was mentally praying for him not to question me, I heard his footsteps and knew that it was futile. He was going to question me. "Did you hear any of that?" He asked me, giving me a murderous look.

"Hear any of what? I just got here." I lied.

"Oh, okay." He nods, softening his gaze on me. "So, then... Why are you here? And where's Kei?"

"Kei wanted to stay in the room and rest since we can't tomorrow. So, I was walking around all alone for a while."

"A while? How long?"

"About five minutes, why?"

"Because then... You heard everything!" Kohei smirked. I blinked at him and realized he had tricked me. The room I shared with Kei was on the first floor and right now, I was in the lobby, it doesn't take that long to get here. "You're gonna tell Kei, aren't you?"

"Of course I am." I exclaimed. "How can you expect me not to tell him? I'm not a bad friend like you."

"I know that." He nods. "But, listen. I'm begging you not to tell him."

"Why? You don't care about him anyway, so why does it matter?"

"Of course I care about him! What are you saying?" He asks. "I got rid of Yabu to have Kei to myself, okay? I was jealous of their friendship. So, don't you dare tell me I don't care about him."

"If you cared about him, you would have just befriended Kota too. You wouldn't have had to do all of that." I retort, making him scowl at me. He roughly took my wrist and started dragging me somewhere, ignoring my protests.

Once we were in the woods that was close to the lodge that we were staying at, he threw me on to the ground roughly. "Ow..." I complained at the force that was against my palms when I saved myself from making a faceplant.

"Well, I'm tired of playing nice with you. I considered giving you a chance to not tell Kei since you're one of his closest friends. But, I just can't stand it anymore."

"W-What are you going to do to me?" I ask him, hating myself for having a quivering voice. But then again, I couldn't really blame myself either. I mean, I already processed that he was dangerous.

"Me? Nothing. I can't hurt you. We were friends once too, you know?" He gave me a bitter smile. "And I really hate doing this, believe me, I do. It just has to be done." With a snap of his fingers, a whole bunch of people I didn't recognize were behind him. Wait a minute, I do recognize them... I thought, realizing they were from school. "Daiki, meet some friends of mine. They're from my old school and they know what it's like... So, meet Jaejoong, Yunho, Yoochun, Junsu, and Chagmin." Foreigners... I made a note in my mind for later if the cops were to get involved or anything.

"They experienced what you have been through?" I ask.

"That's how they met." Kohei nods. "And, they're going to take care of you so that you can't get in the way of my friendship with Kei. Bye, Daiki. See you later." With that said, he left, leaving me with the foreign boys who were glaring down at me.

I waited for them to do something, but they didn't. Hoping that they really wouldn't hurt me, I tried to relax. A little too early I guess, because right when I least expected it, one of them kicked around my abdomen hard. Cringing in pain, I moved a hand to that area to protect myself a little. But, they were merciless. They kept on kicking me, probably breaking my hand and bruising a few ribs.

"Daiki?" I hear my name being called by someone. A very familiar voice, but I can't place it. "Get away from him!" I heard the voice yell at the five guys before I heard someone getting shoved hard into a nearby tree. I couldn't see who since I was hurt so much that my vision was blurring now. "Hikaru, take him back to his room." Hikaru? Kei's cousin? Then... I try to focus my eyes enough on the figure fighting off the guys to make sure my hunch was right. Sure enough, I saw the figure of the one person that both Kohei and Kei hated right now. Kota... I thought before my vision gave out on me completely and everything was black.

Kota's POV

"Come on, lets go look around this place." Hikaru urged me with excitement. I didn't want to, but I went because if he was anything like Kei, he would keep bugging me until I agreed. That was something I didn't want to take a chance with. As we were walking around the woods that was surrounding the lodge we were staying at, my eyes picked up a group of people kicking something in the distance. When I squinted to get a better look, I noticed that it wasn't something that they were kicking, it was someone. Grabbing on to Hikaru's arm, I tug him towards the group. As we get closer, I can see that the person being attacked is familiar.

"Daiki?" I ask. One boy stops to look at me once he hears Daiki's name and that's all I needed to know that they were attacking one of my ex-friends. That fact aside, I still did care about him. I still cared about all of them despite everything. "Get away from him!" I yelled to the guy who had stopped kicking him before shoving him harshly into a nearby tree. Naturally, his friends started to attack me as well. Not before I told Hikaru to take Daiki back to his room though. The five of them were so concentrated on me that they totally ignored Hikaru carrying Daiki away.

Hikaru's POV

I took Daiki back to his room and kicked the door with my foot since he was preoccupying my arms. Kei opened up and gasped when he saw Daiki. "What happened to him?"

"He was attacked." I told him, giving Daiki over to Kei. "I gotta go."

"Wait, where are you going?" I heard Kei ask as I started to retreat from his room.

"Who do you think I was with? Kota's still back there, facing those guys..." With that said, I ran off to where we had found Daiki. When I got there, I noticed that the boys were gone and Kota was on the ground, battered up. Not as much as Daiki, but still. "Kota? Are you okay?" I kneel down and shake him by the shoulder gently.

"I'm fine..." He answers softly. "Just tired... They wouldn't stop for a while..." Helping him to sit up, I look at him questioningly.

"How did you manage to get off so easy?"

"I didn't need to fight them, right? I just needed to distract them so you could get Daiki away... After you were gone, I didn't fight back. I let one of them punch me and then fell to the ground before pretending to be in a lot of pain. They wanted to make sure apparently, so they kept at it. But, I didn't flinch or anything, so they gave up thinking I was dead..."

"Ah, smart..." I smile. "And then you just waited for me?"

"Basically... I mean, I knew you wouldn't leave me here. But, you also wouldn't be stupid to jump into that situation, so once I heard your voice, I knew they had left."

"Are you kidding? I would totally..." Before I knew it though, he was knocked out. Probably from exhaustion. Picking him up, I started to walk back to the lodge. I was close to the front door when I saw Kei, waiting for us. Or, for me, I guess.

"What happened to him?" Kei asked, a little bit of worry in his voice. I wonder... Does he still care for Kota?

"Same thing as Daiki." I explain as he opens the door for me. Surprisingly, Kei followed me to the infirmary. There, the nurse checked up on him and told us that he would be fine after some rest, much to my relief. And apparently, Kei's too. "Do you still care for him, Kei?" I ask as we waited for both Daiki and Kota to wake up.

"What? Of course not! I just... Wanted to thank him, for saving Daiki."

"Seriously?"

"I may not like him, but i'm not a complete , you know? Of course I would thank him for saving one of my best friends."


A/N: I'll end it there since it's already one of the longest chapters. Please comment, you guys.