Chapter 5

Light

One Year Later

Well, Nami did keep her promise. But, it took more time than I would have liked. Still though, I was happy as I watched them argue over what happened.

~ ~ ~

Truth be told, Kota was right. He was with her, but he didn't do anything. Nami called Kei to meet up with her. She said that she would set Kota up with her best friend so that the two couples could go on a double date together. Lucky for her that he was with Kei at the time and heard that.

According to Nami, Kei said that he was at work and Kota came to chat a little with him and since he was already there, of course he ordered a drink. After the phone call though, they went their separate ways. Kei told her that he would come after work and that Kota was on going to come a little earlier since he was free that day.

And as expected, Kota did come earlier. I was nearby, watching as it all unfolded. But, still out of sight so they wouldn't see me. "Where's your friend?" I hear Kota ask.

"She's not here yet. So... I guess we could talk while we wait for her and Kei to get here." Nami lied. Her friend wasn't going to come, she just needed to wait for Kei to come. Kota nodded, believing her lie and so, they talked about random things until Kei finally came.

Noticing Kei before her, I sent her a text message which signaled her to go on with the plan. I watched as she got the message and immediately pulled the unsuspecting Kota into a kiss as Kei turned the corner. I gotta say, I felt bad for Kei, but just the shock that reflected off his face was amazing. As quickly as she pulled Kota into the kiss, she pushed him away and glared. "How could you do that, Kota? I'm Kei's girlfriend and I thought you respected that!" She yelled at him.

"Kota, is that true? Did you pull her into a kiss?" Kei came up to them, looking at his friend with the most hurt expression I've ever seen on him.

"Kei. It's true. He pulled me into a kiss." Nami hugged Kei. "He said he would support you, but maybe in his heart, he was jealous enough to do something like this."

"What? I..." Kota started, but Kei cut him off.

"We'll talk about this later, okay?" With that said, the couple leave him all alone.

~ ~ ~

The talk didn't go well and their friendship broke. Kei told the others and they weren't pleased at what they thought Kota had done. And just like Kei had said, he did try to get revenge on Kota. Bullying him to make his life like a living hell. But for some reason, Kota was never bothered by it. He never did anlything about it either, which bothered me. But, it didn't matter. He was away from Kei now. And that means, I could come back and be by Kei's side instead.

End of Flashback, Present, Hikaru's POV

"So, that's what happened?" I asked, getting a nod from Kohei. "You're horrible... Not only doing that to your friend, but doing that to your cousin too."

"She didn't mind. Kei was her second boyfriend. You see, she had another one and of course she loved him so much and Kei was only her second option when her first boyfriend was too busy."

"I take it back, you two are both terrible." I exclaim. "Whatever did happen to Nami though?"

"Nami? She goes to this school. But, she broke up with Kei after that incident. She said that she couldn't bare to face him because she kissed his best friend, even if it was an accident and he forced her to." Kohei told me.

"I can't believe Kei actually used to be friends with you."

"Used to be? He still is."

"Not for long. Just wait until I tell him everything."

"He won't believe you and you have absolutely no proof of it."

"Or do I..." I smile, remembering what Kota had given me yesterday.

"You don't."

"I do actually and you won't get your hands on it either." I say as the bell rings. "See you around. If you're still by Kei's side that is." With that said, I walk off to my next class.

Kohei's POV

What in the world did he mean by that? I wondered. There's absolutely no why that he could have proof... There's just no way! I think to myself, kinda being paranoid because of what he had just said. If he does indeed have proof and he tells Kei, everything will be ruined. My friendship with Kei will seize to exist and not only that, but Kota will be Kei's best friend again. I will not let that happen, ever. He can't ever be Kei's best friend. Kei can only have one best friend who is me.

"Kohei?" I snap out of my thoughts as I hear a voice. Looking to the side, I see Kei blinking at me worriedly. Daiki and Ryosuke are with him too. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." I smile. "Why do you ask?"

"Because you were zoned out?" Kei answers my question with another question. "It was actually scary... You looked as if you were plotting about something..."

"Oh, sorry about that..." I smile more. "But don't worry, I'm okay. Lets just go to class, alright?" The other three nod at me, but Daiki stops me for a minute.

"Can you guys go ahead? I need to talk to Kohei for a minute"

"Woah, you're such a popular guy, Kohei." Kei comments as him and Ryosuke go off ahead of us.

"What is it, Dai-chan?"

"Well... I... Uh..." He looked to be having some trouble, so I waited patiently. "Do you think I have a chance with Kei? You've known him the longest, so I just had to ask you."

"A chance as in... To date him?" I asked, surprised that Daiki had feelings for Kei. I would have personally never expected it.

"Yeah..." He nods. "I could have asked Kota, since he knows Kei well too, but... You know what happened between them and I don't want to betray Kei..."

"I see... Well, if you were a girl, you would have a shot... I mean, I don't know if he's into guys or not." I say honestly. Daiki nods.

"Alright, thank you." I watch as he goes in the direction that Kei and Ryosuke had gone to. Hm, this will be interesting indeed... Daiki liking Kei while Hikaru is trying to prove to Kei that Kota is innocent... I wonder how this will play out... I think to myself, following behind Daiki.


A/N: Double update done~ The crush thing was to get more words on to this chapter, but I was meaning to add it at some point, so it's perfect that it got added in now~ I hope all of your guys' questions have been answered and please look forward to the rest of the story.