Chapter 6

Light

Kei's POV

Daiki came to class before Kohei did and I wondered what they were talking about. When Daiki sat down beside me, I decided to ask him. "Dai-chan, what did you talk about with Kohei?"

"Oh, nothing." He smiled at me. "Don't worry about it, okay?"

"Um..." I was going to say that I wasn't going to forget about it, but the bell rang and our teacher came into the class. I decided to ask him later as the teacher started handing all of us a paper.

"Class, we're going to be going on a trip with the other classes that are in your grade." She tells us. "It is going to be for a week, so please pack up exactly what you need and get these forms back to me if you want to go. If not, then you have another assignment to do so that no one gets lazy over the week that this trip is happening." Everyone groans in annoyance after she says that, making her smile with satisfaction. Do teachers just want to torture us? I wonder as she hands me my paper. Then, I feel a tap on my shoulder. Turning around, I come face-to-face with Kohei.

"Who do you want to share a room with?"

"Huh?" I ask him, making him point to his paper where it said to write the person you wanted to share a room with. "Oh." I nod. "You, of course."

"Actually... Can you share with Daiki?"

"Daiki?" I ask. The corner of my eye seeing the said boy turning towards us with a questioning look.

"Yeah." Kohei smiles before looking at Daiki and winking, telling me that there was a secret between them. Looking between them, I open my mouth to ask the question.

"What's going on between you two?"

"Nothing." They both answer at the same time, making me raise a questioning brow at them.

"It's really nothing." Daiki smiles at me. "And, you don't have to share a room with me. I understand if you would rather share with Kohei."

"No, no, no." Kohei shook his head. "You're sharing a room with Daiki, end of discussion."

"But..." Daiki complained.

"End of discussion." Kohei repeated, a little more sternly this time. I looked back and forth between them, but they still had no explanation for me.

"Kohei, why are you so bent on us sharing a room?" I ask.

"No reason." He smiles at me, but I knew there was obviously some reason for him to be doing this. Deciding not pester them any further, I write Daiki's name on to the paper and hand the paper back to the teacher.

~ ~ ~

Three weeks later, we're all filing on to the bus to go to the great outdoors where we're going to be having an educational experience without the boring scenery of the classroom that we're usually in. Looking around the bus to see who was here, I see that my friends, some of the international kids who were from Korea and China too, as well as the rest who I didn't care much about. But, I didn't see Hikaru, which confused me since he had texted me that he was on his way to school earlier that morning.

"Guys, do you know where Hikaru is?" I ask them, interrupting their conversation about something that I wasn't listening to.

"Isn't he usually with Yabu?" Daiki questions. I nod and look around for the said boy. Spotting him at the back of the bus, I walk over to him.

"What is it, Inoo?" He asks me without looking at me. I'm guessing he knew that it was me because by now he's gotten used to me harrassing him.

"Where's Hikaru?" I ask. He only shrugs.

"Just 'cause I hang out with him doesn't mean I know where he is every second of every day."

"Don't sass me, Yabu." I warn him as I hear someone approaching us. Looking to my right, I see Hikaru. "And where have you been?"

"Overslept, so stop harrassing him, Kei." He answered, making me roll my eyes at him.

"I wasn't, I was asking him where you were since you're so buddy/buddy with him." I explain. "Besides, there's a teacher here, no way I'm gonna get in trouble just to harrass him when I can get many more chances another time."

"Oh, so that's what you do?" Hikaru asks, looking at Yabu, who gives him a nod. And, was that sadness I saw in his eyes for just a second? Shaking my head, I scold myself about even thinking about feeling sorry for him. He deserves it! I think to myself, remembering what I saw years ago. How could he do that to me? Seriously... Did our friendship mean nothing to him? I stopped thinking about it because I realized the more I thought about it, the angrier I was getting. Not just at him, but at myself. Somewhere deep in my heart, I still did care for him, but... The hurt and anger kind of took me over and that's why I do what I do to him. I sometimes do with that he was innocent though, I really did miss him as a friend.

"It doesn't matter what I do, does it? He deserves it anyway!" With that said, I walk away, taking my seat beside Kohei again.

"You seem pissed..." He points out. I shake my head.

"Just Hikaru getting on my nerves." I smile at him. "Oh, and Daiki, because of this guy..." I stop and glare at Kohei before looking at Daiki. "I'm rooming with you."

"Are you not happy about that?" Daiki asks, pouting at me. I shake my head although I was a little unhappy about that. It's not that I didn't like Daiki, it was just that I've been with him forever. We were friends since we were kids. But, Kohei moved and only recently came back, of course I want to spend as much time with him as possible.

Unfortunately for me, Daiki saw through the act because of the fact that we've been friends for so long. And he was upset with me now, which made the guilt bubble up inside of me. "Okay, I know you're upset with me, but at least talk to me." I practically beg Daiki. The silence that he was giving me was driving me insane. It was too quiet. Especially for Daiki, considering that he's one of the loudest friends I have. He just rolled his eyes at me and kept on going to the room as I kept on pleeding with him.

"Alright, alright..." He finally gave up after what felt like forever. "Anyway, I'm going to go explore, want anything from the restaurant or something?"

"Nah, I'm good. I'll just relax since tomorrow we can't." I wave him off.


A/N: I know, a long time of not updating, but I promise I'll be faster from the next chapter on~ anyway, so that's how Kei really feels. Just thought I had to get that out there so no one thinks he's a total jerk... Or that I have something against him, 'cause I don't.