Chapter 10

Light

Kota's POV

"Thanks for trying, Hikaru." I smile at him as he comes back. Daiki sighs and nods.

"Yeah, thanks, but... I don't think we'll get through to him unless we show him the video tape or get Kohei caught somehow."

"That's true." Hikaru agrees. "How are we going to show him though? He won't believe the tape since he believes that Kohei is really his friend."

"That's troublesome..." I nod. "Well, I guess we should give it time and then see what happens instead of rushing it."

A Few Weeks Later

"Guys, I think I have a way to let Kei know." Daiki smiles at us.

"Hm, what is it?" I ask, picking at my lunch with my chopsticks lazily.

"Well, I've secretly been following Kohei around for a while and I overheard that he was going to meet up with those guys again tomorrow. You know, the guys that beat us up."

"And... What does that have to do with anything?" I ask, blinking up at him with confusion.

"Because, I got the exact location before I fled too." Daiki's smile was brighter than it was a little while ago. "I can take Kei and show him."

"Isn't that just putting you and him in danger?" Hikaru questions. "What if they beat you up again?"

"Call the police? I mean, you two can also come but be at a safe distance..." 

"I can't come, Kei won't go if I go." I point out. Hikaru nods.

"I'll go then." He adds in. "Kei won't mind me." I nod, agreeing to let the two handle it from here.

Daiki's POV

The day that Kohei arranged to meet his friends was a Saturday, so, I went over to Kei's house and asked to see him. As expected, he wasn't happy to see me. "What are you doing here?" He asked as Hikaru pushed him out of the house. "And what are you doing?" He asked Hikaru now.

"There's something you have to see." I told him. "Please, give me a chance, Kei. If you're still mad at me after, then I'll leave you alone, I promise."

"Fine." Kei sighs, nodding in agreement. The three boys went to the place where Daiki and Hikaru knew that Kohei would be meeting up with his friends. Once there, they hid so they wouldn't be caught. Or if they were caught, wouldn't be caught quickly.

"So, are you planning to make Kei hate all his friends?" One of the guys asks Kohei in broken Japanese since he was a foreigner. Kohei still understood it though, as did the three hidden boys.

"That's too much time and energy, to be honest." Kohei answers. "I already got him to hate Yabu and Daiki was pretty easy. After he found out about my true plans, he started to hang out with Yabu and Kei's cousin. Naturally, Kei would hate him for that."

"Speaking of... How are the plans going?" Another foreign boy asks Kohei.

"I would say that they're going well. I mean, Kei thinks I'm his dear childhood best friend. But, what he doesn't know is that I made him abandon Yabu for me by getting my cousin to pretend to be his girlfriend. And now that Yabu's out of the way, I can't be replaced again." Kohei smiles with satisfaction as Hikaru and I look at Kei who has an unreadable expression on his face.

All that time, he thought that Yabu had betrayed him when it was really Kohei who had betrayed him.

Monday

Hikaru looked over to Kei in class. I looked over to him too, he was silent. I wish I knew what he was thinking so that I could help him. He barely talked to us after we left where Kohei and his friends met up, after they had left of course. Hikaru said that Kei hadn't spoken all weekend, to anyone.

When lunch came, he didn't sit with our friends like usual, he sat alone. Kota noticed and sighed, getting up with his lunch in hand and going over to Kei, taking a seat beside him. Kei looks at him with surprise and blinks.

Kei's POV

"What are you doing here?" I ask, not in a rude way, but in a more curious one. He should be angry at me. He should be the one hating me. But instead, he's here beside me.

"Because you seemed lonely." He answers. "Why are you alone anyway? Why aren't you with the others?"

"You actually care?" I ask, again not to be rude, but this time because I was surprised.

"Why wouldn't I care about one of my friends?"

"Your..." I was lost for words. It has been years since we actually did anything together, since I had acknowledged him as a friend. And I thought that he would have stopped caring about me after everything that I had done.

"Don't get me wrong, I mean... You did torture me and everything, so I do have some resentment towards you." Kota starts. "But, that doesn't mean you can't make it up to me."

"You're giving me a chance?" I blink with confusion.

"You made a mistake, it happens to all of us. So, don't worry about it." He smiles. I have no words. He left me completely and utterly dumbfounded. "But, the first thing you have to do to make it up to me is to let the whole school see this."

"Show the school what?" I ask as he waves to Hikaru to come over. He does and gives me a tape. I could show the school since I was doing announcements tomorrow, but the curiosity was killing me. "What is it?"

"You'll see." Kota and Hikaru both say to me.

Next Day

I did see. It was exactly what happened that day that I had broken our friendship. Of course I cried while seeing it. I had been such an idiot and he was still willing to give me a chance.

When lunch came around, we were sitting all together. Daiki, Kota, Hikaru, Ryosuke, Yuto, Yuri, Keito, Yuya, and I. Just like old times, but this time with Hikaru as the newest member to our group. Kota nudges my side a bit to get my attention and give it to him, blinking questioningly. "You know that you should really talk to Daiki, right?" He questions. Now that he mentions it, Daiki had been a little quiet lately. I wonder why.

"And you should talk to Hikaru." I reply as he gives me a surprised look. "He likes you, you know?"

"Since when?"

"Always." I reply. "He was too scared to tell you and I hated you at the time so I didn't approve of it. But, if you like him back, then go for it."

"He's gonna kill you for telling me, you know?"

"Maybe, but whatever. He needed the help." I shrug as i get up and ask Daiki to come with me so we could chat. I apologized for everything that I had said to him and he just replied with a shake of his head, saying that it was okay. That I had gone through a lot and had trust issues, which I couldn't argue with. He also confessed to me. That's why Kota said for me to talk to him... I thought. I said I would think about his confession a little, since it was a surprise. He agreed to that.

When we came back, it looked like Kota and Hikaru talked things out too. It looked like Kota had accepted him, which didn't surprise me since Hikaru was the only one there for him all this time. Just like Hikaru's name suggests. He was Kota's light.


A/N: So, everything ends all happily. I had a sequel planned for this, but... I'll do that after another fanfic. Which is this! http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1118718/reality-vs-illusion-drama-japanese-romance-crossdresing-yzone-johnnysjr-chickenbasket Please read it.