Chapter XIX : Stranger Embrace

The Long Lost Descendants

Previous Scene :

“Promise me you won’t disappear like that again?” Jiyong ask referring to the fact that today eunji leave the college without waiting or informing him.


 

Eunji sleepily nod before fall into deep slumber in jiyong back.

After arriving at eunji house jiyong shake the girl on his back lightly.

 

“hey eunji wake up.. wake up” jiyong said soflty

Eunji rubbed her eyes slowly as she stepped down from jiyong back.

 

“oppa.. we’re here already that was fast.. gomawo oppa” said eunji softly while pouting

How cute jiyong thought

 

“ now that you finally home, you remember what promised do we made tonight right?” Jiyong ask making sure eunji heard what he was saying before

 

“arra oppa I remember it of course geez I’m not old like you” eunji said mumbling

“yahh! This girl! You should thank me for worrying you” said jiyong messing eunji hair

 

Suddenly eunji didn’t utter any words and looked down on her feet. She realize, that what jiyong said was right. He was always there when she need someone to hold her, to courage her, to pull her up when she’s feeling down. Eunji neve realize that up until now eunji has been relying on jiyong a lot. Almost whole her life she spend it with jiyong, and eunji  can never say thank you enough for him to always be by her side.

 

Jiyong realize the sudden change in eunji behavior, he cupped her face rubbing slowly on her cheeks and look into her eyes only to find her avoiding jiyong stare, a habit that eunji pick up when she feel down.

 

“hey, what happen. We were fine minutes ago you know I was joking around” jiyong said softly

“but you right oppa, I should be ashamed right now, act like a kid, disappearing like that when I clearly know that you’ll worry about me. Heck, I didn’t have any idea why I do that. It just, I’m really thankfull I always be for you to always stay by myside. That’s why I feel ashamed of how I act today, mian oppa” enji burst out still looking to the ground with her watery eyes.

 

She feel ashamed of herself, for feeling hurt over  stranger that she just met today, for jongin that she didn’t know who actually he is except the fact  that he was her project mate and there she was while ago soaked in the rain thingking of those two people without pay any attention to how worried jiyong was. When he’s the one who always by her side all this time.

 

“hey hey you know is not right, I stay by your side all this time because I care for you and you know that” jiyong said and pull eunji to his embrace and because I love you  he said in his mind.

 

“ehmm..”

 

They both separate from the hug to see hee ra with her arm crossed and eyeing them suspisciously.

 

“what are you two doing here? And eunji, I thought I let you home first so you can rest but here you are being lovey dovey with jiyong” she said sternly

 

“oh come on unnie, jiyong oppa takes me home and we got some issue that we need to settled down” eunji said as she come closer to hee ra unnie

 

“oh.. so now you and your jiyonggie oppa has some issue to settled down  and I thought you were just friends” hee ra said amused by jiyong reaction that giggling behind eunji

 

“Ya oppa!! You should help me instead of laughing at me” eunji said pouting at jiyong

 

“I need to go home now, I’ll pick you up tomorrow” jiyong said suppressing his laugh

 

“take care oppa” eunji smile to him

 

When jiyong finally out of their sight, hee ra and eunji get back in and close the door.

“so tell me, what is with you and jiyong being lovey dovey like that ? and why are you soaked in the rain today?” hee ra start her introgation

 

“there’s nothing going on between us and you know that” eunji said a matter of fact

 

“well but it looks like jiyong has a crush on you” hee ra said which makes eunji helt in her step

 

“what makes you think like that unnie?”

 

“it just that, I don’t know, literally you’ve been spending your life with him, you practically growing up with him, he was there to take care of you when you had no one, you said it yourself right? And sometimes I caught jiyong staring at you fondly like you were the most beautiful women in his eyes”

hee ra said

 

“well technically I’am pretty, but no, he told me himself that he treat me like his own sister” eunji said pretend to be cocky in front of her unnie.

 

“I didn’t tell you this so you can claim yourself pretty, I bet jiyong hasproblem with his eyes if he finds you pretty” hee ra said mocking at eunji

 

“ya! Unnie! How dare you I thought I was your bestfriend” eunji said pouting

 

“aigooo eunji is a baby now” hee ra said

 

And that night both of them sleep with a content smile in their faces.

 

The next morning as usual hee ra hasn’t woke up yet, so after she prepare breakfast for hee ra and herself she quickly eat and waiting for jiyong. Just in time when she opened the door jiyong park his motorbike.

 

“eunji! Kajja!” jiyong shouted and after eunji hop to his motorbike they drove away to their university.

After the walk from university parking lot jiyong as usual drop eunji to her class first so much for being an overprotective brother of her she thought.

 

“hey you okay? You look pale eunji?” jiyong ask worriedly seeing eunji pale faces

 

“I’m okay oppa, now shoo go to your class” eunji said

 

Lie.

 

This morning she was woke up with a slight headache thingking that it will be better soon she decided to ignore it and eat her breakfast and later throwing up in the bathroom. She touch her forehead and feel it burn a bit. She caught a fever and what makes it worst is that when she falls sick it will take sometimes for her to heal and gain her energy back.

 The doctor that once examined her said that she has a really low immune body and her blood pressure is also low. That’s why the doctor told her that when she feels sick she need to rest immediately or it will get worse. She always obey that, but not today. With her upcoming project and upcoming payment for her extra tuition fee she need to work extra hours in café near her apartement.

She has secret that no one knows that she actually dping a double job. When it’s time for her to take day off in ahjumma café instead of resting she works in another café. the payment that she got from working in ahjumma café it’s barely enough to pay the apartement rent that she share with hee ra unnie but it’s not enough to pay her extra tuition fee.

 

Eunji do get a scholarship but what she means by extra tuition fee is for her books , project and etc. this month she need to buy a lot of books for her reference on her final project in one of the subject she took.

After class ended she need to face jongin and she don’t know how will she face him after that day when she was mistaken by Jongin to be someone else.

She was in hurry scared if she was late she doesn’t want to look irresponsible in front of her project mate. But then again, she feels really tired and she feels her body temperature slowly rise. So even when she thought that she already walk fast enough it takes her half an hour to get to the campus garden when she usually get there only in fifteen minutes.

She easily spot Jongin sitting comfortably under the big tree on their campus.

“Hi” Eunji greeted him slowly and she realize that Jongin is not alone

SEHUN POV

After seing me eunji body become stiff, I guess she feel it to, the pull. I look up only to find eunji starring at me with her moon like crescent eyes.

                How beautiful her eyes is, I can imagine how someone can have those pair of beautiful ayes that are so captivating.

As soon as she settled down and sit in fron the both of us I know something wrong with her.

Her aura feels so weak, her smile doesn’t reach her eyes even when Jongin try to crack some jokes to eased the tense atmosphere between the three of us.

JONGIN POV

“Hi” I said softly

This is akward. I shouldn’t have called her saehna at the first place yesterday so we wont be this tense and maybe we can be more  comfortable around each other .

“This is Sehun, you probably know him since he was with me as the new student. I live with Sehun and he refuse to go home alone like a cry baby he is” I try to crack some joke to eased the tense situation but much to my dismay she smile half heartly, it doesn’t even reach her eyes.

                After that she just smile politely towards sehun and sehun do the same thing. We continued talking about our project and sehun play with his cubic.

She feels different, she feels weak, could it be because she was soaked in the rain yesterday? If it yes, that it’s definetly my fault.

EUNJI POV

                The first thing I do after I greeted them is look to sehun direction, and I feel those pull, the same pull I feel against Jongin when I first met him. What the hell is actually wrong with me? Could it be because of the fever? But when I first met Jongin I didn’t have fever and yet I still feel the pull

                Whatever, I need to finish this fast and go to work and after that I really need a lot of rest,my body feels weaks I can feel the heat burn my body.

“Jongin can we continue this next weeks or maybe tomorrow, I have something to do, I’m so sory” I said while try to stand up as normal as I can eventho my legs feel wobbly and my head start to spinning around.

 

Jongin and sehun eyed her worriedly as she took her leave in a slow pace. They want to follow her to make sure that she was okay, but they have something to do and it might be raise her suspicious if they decided to follow her. Jongin need to gain her trust back before he start to approach her again, he doesn’t want to make the same mistake and make eunji drift apart from them.

“Hyung! Kris Hyung,  Minseok Hyung, Yixing  Hyung where are you guys?” Jongin said in ther telepathy

“I’m working” minseok said

“me too I have a surgery schedule today” Yixing said

“I’m around your campus area buying some books why?” Kris response

“it’s about eunji!! She..she looks weak” sehun said panicly

“we want to follow her but we don’t want to raise her suspicious and I don’t want to make the same mistake” Jongin said

“I’ll go get her you guys stay put and the other stay calm and get back to your own work” said kris

“but hyung you know where she is now right?” said sehun

“of course sehun I’m not dumb just relax” said kris

I hope she’s okay Jongin and sehun wish the same thing that moment only for eunji to be okay.

 

EUNJI POV

                I walk slowly than before it’s almost near the bust stop I can make it. She feels really sick she shouldn’t force herself this morning.

Her stare becomes blurry and she can’t take it anymore, her leg gave up already and then when she realize she falling to the solid ground.

She wait for the impact but it never comes, instead of pain she feel herself falling into someone arms and strangely she feels comfortable, she feel the pull again, and because she’s to tired to move she close her eyes and decided to let the fever lull her to sleep, along with this stranger embrace.


Hallo I'm back

life has been busy so i can't frequently update i'm really sorry and please dont be a silent reader :) everytime there's a comment in the comment section it really makes me happy all day kekeke =)

anyway how was the story? is it good? I hope so and did you guys watch MAMA Yesterday?? seeing Monsta X and Bigbang stay together until the end really makes me happy specially when i see seungri update their ig with a heartwarming caption :)

please bear with my poor english skill :) until next update

@hiieka