Chapter XVII : Confused and hurt

The Long Lost Descendants

Previous Scene :

 “Finally my love, we meet again…” Said kai smile contently at your side view

“I missed you so much baby girl, I really want to hug you I wish you remember soon…” said sehun softly smiling when he remember how eunji looks so peacefull and realx under his wind


The day passed rather quickly with ton of class project, and unfortunately eunji got paired up with the new student.

Who was it again? His name, the one with a tanned skin aish! I forgot his name

Ah! It’s kim jongin!

Before going back to home eunji needs to tell him what is it that they need to complete the task since she figured it out that most of the boy hate doing their task. No racism tho.

She walked slowly towards the jongin guy who busy chatting with the rest of her classmates. In a split second eunji feel that it seems like he was waiting for her to approach him.

Ugh what am I thingking again, wake up eunji ya! Stop being delusional!

“Errm.. Jongin-sshi there’s something I need to talk about with you, it’s about our project”

Jongin look at her and give her a warm smile, she suddenly feel that feeling again, the feeling of safe and comfort, it was like she know that the man in front of her will protect her wellbeing. She had the urge to hug him, to seek comfort in his warm embrace. And then she realize, she have no idea what she was thingking about, how come she thinks like that when she just met him today. Unbelieveable.

“Okay, let’s discuss iton the bench over there” Jongin gaze trail to the bench outside their class which is located a bit far actually, it was under a shady tree.

“umm oo..kayy” Eunji said shuttering a little bit.

“so what is it that we need again?” Jongin say when they were sitting side by side on the bench. Jongin has the urge to wrap his arm on that petite body telling her how much he miss her, how much he love her, and how much it takes for jongin not to losing his mind when the time feel so long waiting for her to grow up.

Eunji composed herself, she couldn’t show him her reckless self, I mean, it was the first time that eunji shuttering and feel nervous talking to the opposite gender like this. Even with jiyong, she never feel like this.

“well we need to buy plant, let’s think about what plant we will use for this project later, we need plant pot of course. I think that was it for now, I plan to focus our research on plant, well if you agree with that” Eunji said confidently

It amused him, how well she composed herself after being the shy and nervous girl then become the confident scientist the next minute. I think he found reason to love her more now. Heck, if she spent the rest of her life with him or them, he was sure that he will find a lot more reason to fall in love with her all over again and he never been so sure about something in his life except the fact that the girl sitting beside him right now is his purpose of being alive, to feel emotion, to love and to be loved.

He give her a smile before nodded his head agreeing on her idea on the research that will be focusing on plant.

“and about the equipment if you don’t have time to buy it, I can buy it by myself, I just need you to cooperate about the money to buy the equeipment cause you know..” Eunji began to bite on her nail while looking away at other directions, a habit that she picks up everytime she feel nervous to tell about something

Jongin got the message, all those times watching silently from a far I know how much hardships that eunji been through. It takes all of his sanity not to help her at times, he tell myself that eunji is a strong girl. Now that he was right in front of her he will make sure that he helps eunji in any way he could.

“ I know ji, you don’t have to worry about that, in fact if you don’t have anytime I can buy it myself, I mean it’s our project anyway it’s not like I will let you do it by yourself, I know you think like that right?” Jongin says, and give his oh so famous mischievious smile towards her

Hearing jongin called her “Ji” it makes her heart flutter a bit, and when she looks back at him she find him smirking at her, in a good way, which is in her vocabulary means that it looks “y”

Gosh! What are you thingking eunji! Get a hold of yourself will you?!!

Eunji stand up abruptly, her heart begin to beat frantically, and she can feel her cheek grow red.

“I..i need to..to go Jong..Jongin sshi” eunji said shuttering again while bitting her bottom lip

When jongin saw her back finally moving away from where they were sitting just now, he began to realize how much he missed her. Without much thingking, jongin run and grab her wrist, spun her slowly and trap her in his embrace.

That exact moment, when her head land in his broad chest, she feels warm radiating from his body, that feeling again, that damn feeling, she thought. She can hear his rapid heartbeat, and she can help but feel like this is where she belong. How come she never feels this kind of way when jiyong hug her, her heart doesn’t beat fast like this, she feels warm with jiyong, but that was a different kind of warm, when jongin hug her she feels warm radiating from him and spread like a wildfire to her body, this kind of warm that comfort her.

Jongin rest his head on top of eunji head, feeling her heartbeat beat faster than before, he feel content to have her in his embrace. This was the girl that stole his heart a long time before, the girl that has fated to be with him and the rest of his brother, the girl that they promised to protect with all their lives. She was the girl that got separated from them by the cruel fate that crossed their path, the girl that makes him and his brother living in despair watching her grow up without her having her memory of them.

“Na-ya… My love… I miss you…” Jongin blurted out suddenly feeling the urge to call her by her pet name before she was reborn as a new person.

The moment those words escaped jongin lips, eunji feels those pain she never felt before.

“who was na-ya? Do I look like her that’s why jongin hugged me? What’s the meaning of all this?”

Those question run through her mind, she shook her head slowly. Why was she care in the first place? It’s not like he mean something to me? We just meet today anyway.

And with that thought, eunji let go from jongin hug, she don’t know how should she feel about this sudden event. She wants to be angry at jongin for confused her, but then again what was in there in the first place? They were just classmate than happen to team up for project. So, instead of glaring at him or be mad at him for suddenly hug her and mistaken her for other girl, she smiled at him and excuse herself telling him that she need to go before she late for work.

Jongin realize he has hurt her feeling, it was the stupid thing jongin ever do. He roughly mess his hair frustrating at himself for not be able to explain it to eunji before she left him, but then again, when he tried to say something eunji smile with those eye smile that cover up her pain. How did he know? Simple, he watch that smile a thousand time when she has problem or when she cheer other people up eventho she has her own problem. Jongin feel disappointed by himself, why wont he remembered eventho it’s the same person eunji must be mistaken of na-ya when na-ya is she herself. He take a deep sigh and began to walk home. He feel disgust by himself to make the girl that he loves hurt by his words.

Jongin decided not to chase her, cause he need to let his anger toward himself vanish. He knows that today jongdae hyung will keep an eye on her.

On the way to Ahjumma florist eunji looked up and realize that the sky seems darker, she didn’t bring umbrella. How unfortunate she is today. Soon enough she feel the rain drop to her head with a slow pace, she looked up again letting the rain drop to her face, she loves rain. She remembered when she was a child, she feel like the rain was her only friend. She used to tell the rain everytime she has a problem. It was a naïve thing she did as a child but she can’t help herself she has no one, and when the rain comes, the sound of it feel like they were calming her, listen to every problem that she has. Just like those old times, she can’t let this opportunity pass, she let herself soaked in the rain.

After standing for several minutes while looking up at the sky feeling the rain drops to her face. She looks straight back and smile. She feels that the water flow a bit faster under her smiling eyes, and that when she realizes she’s crying.

Pathetic she thought.


15 Nov 2015-

I decided to post this today, it's raining here and suddenly the mood to write this chapter comes up.

anyway how was this chapter? is it good? i hope i didn't make any typos cause i dont have the time to check it. please forgive me for my poor english skill i will try to improve it everytime i'm updating okay ;)

see you guys soon. @hiieka-