snow with you [ short namgi ]

bgtn drabbles

even when yoongi wears a thick scarf around his neck, three layers of clothes and a black leather jacket (that he happens to love to death to the point that he literally wears it to sleep a couple of times) to go along with his black leather jeans and vans, also a red beanie so his hair will stay intact, the winter cold is as ruthless as usual and yoongi despise it.

its so freaking cold and a min yoongi doesn’t get along with cold, or hot, or any kinds of weather to be exact. well, except the temperature in his studio. its the only place he will stay on for hours and hours without feeling discomfort. he stays there to the point that it became a second home to him or maybe it’s already his home, he only went back to the apartment to get a new fresh pair of clothes or showering and went back to the studio.

so why was he out here again, walking along the side way with the freaking snow covered every inch of the city like some kind of blanket wrapped around a child. all of this was because of namjoon. 

he really regrets saying yes to namjoon request without hearing it just so the boy could leave yoongi at peace in the studio for a couple more hours because the inspiration just kicks in and he needs to write it fast, but his shifts were up and he literally begged namjoon to cover up for him, which the boy complies almost to quickly. and even if yoongi realize his poor decision, he can’t take back all of that because he really, really needs to write that song.

well, at least his song is finished and also got to be released next month, so the paycheck will be in his account in no time. thinking about that ease some of yoongi’s irritation and he relax a bit, mind wondering elsewhere to find some comfort in this cold weather.

finally after enduring the torturous walk, he reached the cafe that namjoon told him and slips in as fast as he can to get some warmth. he sighs, content to have the cozy temperature, much for yoongi’s liking. 

now where is he, he scowl and darts his eyes around until his eyes landed on a pink haired head poking around the corner of the room, it’s namjoon, sitting at their usual place. when namjoon notice yoongi was already there,he flashes the same charming dimple smile that has yoongi agreeing to the younger even if he didn’t wants to but says yes anyway.

“so what the hell do i need to do today?” yoongi shoots right away after he took a seats on the other side of the table, unwrapping his dark blue scarf and put it on the empty spaces beside the coffee that namjoon already ordered, a smile forming on yoongi’s face. he takes a sip with relish, the hot lukewarm fills his cold lungs. namjoon looks at the elder’s move, while not saying a single reply to him, thinking, pondering on the right way to say what he was going to say, and really, namjoon thinks he just wanna bail out on his plan, but then yoongi was looking at him again, glaring at the younger for not replying.

namjoon took a deep breath, here goes nothing.

“hyung-i-kinda-like-you-and-im-taking-you-on-a-date” yoongi chokes on his coffee, baffled and stunned. he swore the owner of the cafe just the heater, he felt hotter than ever right now. what surprised yoongi the most was how namjoon looks, the younger shoot a meekly smile and blushes from ear to ear, and how yoongi saw that all to be so endearing. he must be staring too much and for far too long, because then namjoon smile turns to a frown, the look of disappointment was clear on his eyes that snaps him out of his daze.

yoongi catches the younger hands when it was slipping away from the table, lacing his calloused fingers to namjoon’s slim one and he smiles a little to see how perfect it was. they both stared at their intertwined hand for a while, the mingling sound around them was faded back and all they can hear and focuses were their own heartbeat, the warmth they felt around each other fingers, the comfortable company they both have with one another and yoongi moves inches closer towards namjoon as he did the same, like their hand were the gravity that pulled them towards. and their lips met in the middle, a sweet innocent peck that lingers longer than a normal one, but just enough for them both to taste and savor the sweet feeling of their new development.

yoongi smiles on namjoon’s lips, his thumb circling on the younger tense hand and playfully the lips before backing up to stare at namjoon, “calm down and breath” prodding the younger when he sees that his face was redder than before, its cute. 

unconciously, yoongi leans in for another kiss, which only makes namjoon turns to a tomato and the elder only flashes his gummy grin, “thought you never gonna say it”