15.01.14 [ minjoon ]

bgtn drabbles

the smell of coffee fills the room, mixing with smoke and ash, the fogs of stressed out times and failed justice that sometimes, is a given as a cop. the world is unfair, as cliche as it sounds, but its true, not all crimes will be solved or criminals will be caught. but that’s still unacceptable for a peculiar cop named kim namjoon.

he stares beyond the fog, his mind never fully stops from thinking about his duty, as it has became his second nature. every single day of never ending crime lurking in every corner of the city, rough times of bruised body after mingling with bad guys, the smell of gunpowder attached to his body like perfume.

mindlessly he sips the coffee that really, taste more like lukewarm, but namjoon can even care less. his eyes landing on the calendar on his table, 15.01.14.

its been a year huh, namjoon thinks as his memories flashes back to this exact date a year back.

its his first failure, the most memorable and painful thing he has ever done in his whole entire life. the day he got to the crime scene a minute to late because he forgot to fill the car with gas an hour before.

sometimes, as smart as namjoon is, he's really forgetful in so many ways.

there's this one time when he  leaves his gun somewhere in a convenience store and a kid grabs it. luckily his mom found him before he can do anything or pull anything, and shrieked loud enough to make namjoon head back. or this other time he lock himself out from his car, because he left the car key inside the car

but this little miss is untolerable for him with the occupation he's in. every minutes counts and if you're a second to late, it will lead to death, in a very literal way. but not a single person blamed namjoon for it and namjoon really did the right thing at the end of the day because he is the one that catches the criminal single-handedly. after he arrives at the crime scene, he body slammed that douche bag to the ground the minute he wants to run away, and was knocked out cold. 

but still, namjoon regrets, with every single being that he has. god forbid, if only he can have a chance to go back in time to change the past, he would do anything to prevent his mistake. to arrive a minute faster, or maybe to fill the car an hour or a day before. but the unfair world is just as it is, and namjoon isn't perfect, no one is. 

namjoon shuts his eyes, recalling the memories, every single detail came through his mind. the looks of grief from the family's victim is still fresh in the back of his mind. it burns through his heart, hearing the sob echoes in the back of his brain, the sound of sadness from the parent that lost their daughter.

yes, the criminal has just enough time to silt his knife into the victim before the cops arrived. leaving her sprawled lifeless on the floor when namjoon got there, not moving, not breathing, dead.

an exasperated sigh slips through his lips, as he stands up and put the lukewarm on his table. he should be going home now, the sky is showing that his afternoon shift was long over, as it changed to a sweet bright color of the sunset. but namjoon is so lost in his thought he didn't even notice a figure approaching his side.

before he can even process whats going on, he feels a pair of soft hand slides beside his waist, a familiar red headed boy already engulfing him in a back hug, head leaning on his back.

"hey babe" jimin mumbles, voice muffled on namjoon's back. he shifts his head to namjoon's shoulder, putting a small kiss on his neck. namjoon respond with a hum, quietly leaning back even though jimin is a tad shorter.

jimin knows what's going through his head, he was sure of it, but namjoon still tells him. he poured his heart out as soon as the latter is humming back at him. he tells the insecurities that he felt, the guilt that consumes him every time his mind flashes through the memories, through every hour of working as a cop, his fear of making the same mistakes again.  

and through all that, jimin listen closely as he always does. his hands traces small circle on namjoon's stomach as he nuzzles at his neck, soothing namjoon's mind with simple gesture of affection. namjoon smiles fondly at that, because even if jimin has done this a millionth time, every single one of it feels as sweet as before or even more and namjoon loves it all the same.

minutes passes by and they stay like that in a comforting silence after namjoon's rants, and then he lets out a long sigh before turning to face his boyfriend. jimin untangles his arms and snakes it beside his waist again after namjoon is facing him, pulling namjoon tighter until their body is flushed together. 

then jimin leans in for a small peck on his lips, as if saying it's okay now, i'm here with you, don't worry about it. not a word came through jimin's lips but namjoon knew what jimin wants to say, feels him saying that from the kisses he gave and namjoon smiles in between it, a little faint blush taint his cheeks.

namjoon almost slips his tongue before a loud chough snaps him to the present, searching up for the source and he visibly turns red, because oh god they are still in the office, and caught quite an audience as to why so many cops still on the room, some looking at them with a smirk or others just rolls their eyes indifferently. 

yoongi was the first one to speak, as he was their head chief and because yoongi is, well yoongi (and he can say whatever he wants really) "go home or i'll make you both work double shift tonight" and namjoon nods while jimin pouts, muttering something like jealous hyung or it's not our fault hyung and seokjin hyung works the opposite shifts. namjoon snickers at that, getting a suspicious look from yoongi. 

they both duck out from the office before yoongi can make them work again, hands interwind with another as they walk back to their apartment. its only a minute walk and before they knew it, jimin is already locking the front door and padding his way to the couch where namjoon is already half asleep. its cute jimin thinks, namjoon's curled up like a cat on the sofa and he almost didn't have the heart to wake him up. unfortunately, its night time and they need to eat, so he eventually did. 

namjoon heard jimin saying something like wanting to make food or using the oven for food but he's to sleepy to even know what he was saying and before jimin could go to the kitchen, namjoon catches his hand and pulls him back, which made him lands beside namjoon's and  he's already snuggling to him, hands wrapping around jimin's waist and head leaning to his chest. he mumbles something like not hungry or to sleepy and jimin can only smile as he gave up on their dinner and snuggles closer to namjoon. 

a minute has passed, soft breathing fills the silent room comfortably, and before namjoon can drift to wonderland he says "thank you, i love you" to jimin's ears while planting a kiss on what supposedly be his cheeks that he was aiming for but namjoon had his eyes closed so it lands on jimin's jaw and neck. it earns him a soft giggle and hearing that, namjoon's so glad he met jimin the day after the incident of his first failure, because he's the best thing that ever happens in his life. 

the last thing namjoon remembers is a sweet reply from his beloved boyfriend saying "love you too, babe"

 

 

 


because the clothes at 150705 gave me so much feels and i cant control myself

and this fancam doesnt help one bit (go to 0:44 and you will see how i die)