Epilogue

Second chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

And the story ends ^^

 

 

 

It has been nearly two weeks since luhan last saw kai. He is worried but not agitated like before. He never imagined meeting the younger again when he first moved here. So reminding himself the fact that he did talked to kai and resolved all his problems was more than enough. He never coaxed himself into believing that everything will be normal like before. It would never be. But as for now he is happy with the forgiveness alone, the other has given him.

 

And he was not moping around for last two weeks like he thought he would when the next day kai didn’t showed up. He calmly walkthrough all the things other told him, in his mind and came to a conclusion.  He shouldn’t or rather he wouldn’t waste this second chance he got to live into isolating himself and fall deeper into the pit of depression.

 

Yesterday only he gathered his thoughts and asked the head of the shelter home to prepare his discharge papers. Unlike the hospital institutes, the patients here were admitted willingly and not due to hospital recommendation. That’s why when he asked to move away everybody was happy enough. They all have noticed the change luhan showed for last one month. It was as if suddenly he got this urge to live, to move on and live.

 

Doctor Lee, luhan’s doctor was immediately informed about the sudden decision. He was not angry but rather surprised. He did get weekly reports from Nurse Jung about his health and improvement. He was happy luhan was showing some kind of improvement but he thought it was still early for him to move out on his own in the outer world.

 

 And as a result he finds himself at the shelter room, in one of the therapy rooms with luhan in front of him beaming like a kid. And he is confused now about his insecurities of the patient, who looks happy(?), healthy and a whole lot better than the last time he saw him.

 

“Are you sure about your decision, luhan?” he just wants to confirm if he took the decision seriously or just out of the blue.

 

“Yes” and the confidence with which he said it leaves no further room for arguments.

 

Resigning in slight defeat the doctor nods his head and pushes the stack of document, his discharge papres, in front of the other for his signatures.

 

Luhan is all smiles while signing for his freedom and new life.

 

“If i may ask, what caused this sudden decision? Also i heard that you showed a lot of improvement in recent weeks.” he asks after observing the blonde for a few seconds.

 

Luhan smiles and there is a dreamy look on his face when he says the next words “Ofcourse i am happy. why wouldn’t i be when i got what i came here for.”

 

On seeing the look of confusion on the older’s face luhan chuckles and explains what he meant.

 

“Approximately a month ago someone came here to meet me. It was kai” and suddenly there is a dawn of realization on the doctor’s face but before his smile could reach his eyes, it is immediately swiped away with a look of utter bewilderment.

 

“Kai?? but nobody told me about his appearance. I got weekly tabs on how you were doing but nobody ever mentioned anything about kai or anyone else ever visiting you” he is thoroughly confused now but luhan does not think much about the situation. Alteast not until the nurse, incharge of him, is called up to explain about the matter.

 

“I am completely sure Dr Lee, luhan never had any visitor in his entire stay here. All the visitors have entries to make before even stepping into the building. And still nobody is allowed in the Patient’s room like luhan just told us. There is a separate meeting room for visitors on the floor below this one. Also i have been keeping extra tabs on him because of his condition and lack of improvement and i can guarantee your there have been no visitor and also none of us, the staff and other patients have seen anyone enter his room.”

 

Luhan is frozen on his spot,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter