Final

Second chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Luhan has been in daze for past half an hour. It still feels surreal to believe that Kai was here. Finally all his prayers were heard. And it’s a miracle that the hospital was able to contact him and moreover that he actually agreed to visit him. He always pictured his meeting with kai as one filled with pure anger and disappointment on the younger’s side. He still is sceptical about the other forgiving him but it can all wait till tomorrow. Right now he wants to embrace this happiness and relief of having the other one around once again.

 

With all these thoughts swirling inside his mind, he fails to notice the door to his room creek open. The nurse quietly steps inside so as not to disturb the boy if he is sleeping. But the scene in front leaves her confused, in a good way though. Luhan is, like usual, lying on his back staring at the ceiling but for the first time she see him smiling, not just a small curve of lips but a full blown smile with twinkle in his eyes. And it suits him so much that she almost feels like embracing the innocent boy. And suddenly her gaze moves towards the empty food tray. She gasps soundlessly and slowly a smile forms on her face.

“Guess someone is really happy today!” she muses and laughs wholeheartedly when luhan gets startled and jolts up like a fish caught in the net. He curses loudly and gives her a hard look but still the blush for getting caught smiling was visible on his face. The older nurse arches her eyebrow in mock suspicion when luhan tries to hide the blush.

“I don’t know what made you this happy, but whatever happened, i wish it to continue. You look good with a smile, son.” she squeezes his hand and places a soft kiss on his head before retrieving.

Luhan does not stop the smile that threatens to emerge and borrows him in the warm blanket to hide the giddy feeling.

 

 

He hasn’t touched his food yet again. Eyes trained on the door, waiting for it to open and kai to come inside. It’s past five minutes to the time he visited him yesterday.

 

And suddenly there is a knock and luhan thinks he has never sped walked this fast to open the door. But what he sees makes his shoulder slump in disappointment but how can he ignore those twinkling eyes and toothy smile. He gives a small smile in return to the kid from across his room, standing in front of him hands at the back like he is hiding something.

 

“What is it Minnie?? And what are you hiding at the back?” the older boy enquires with a slight frown.

In return a beautiful rose is offered to him by the shy boy, who is now fidgeting with the hem of his shirt.

Luhan unconsciously smiles and accepts the flower before bringing it up to inhale the sweet fragrance and ruffles the boy’s hair as gratitude. He was about to turn around and go in when a small hand pulls his pants to get attention. He looks back only to see kai in front of him now standing behind the small boy.

“Thank you Minnie. You did great.” and he ruffles his hair in the same manner the other did seconds before.

The small boy has a huge grin on his face, a chocolate in hand, probably courtesy of kai, and waves excitedly to both of them before running down the hallway towards the garden.

 

Luhan feels nervous and all the enthusiasm from before to see him is gone and is replaced with dull anxiety. He knows that today they would have to talk about the past and he doesn’t know if he is ready to do so. Still he is happy to see the other and thus gives a tentative smile which is returned with a sudden hug from the younger. And all the tension quickly leaves his body and he lets himself enjoy the warmth of his embrace.

Kai is the first to pull away and barges in without being asked and luhan just wants to roll his eyes as an old habit and catches himself smiling.

When luhan finally makes it to his bed, kai is looking at him strangely like he is mad or something and the former just scrunches his brows in confusion. He just sighs in exasperation and nods towards the tray

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter