Chapter Nine: Fault

The Pretender

Chapter Nine


As the rain keep on pouring on my weak body, my eyes doesn't want to stop from releasing hot liquid. I envied the girl he held. The way their lips move, perfectly in synch.

Not like ours. Our kisses were hidden and... they are sweet.

Her hair is beautiful. Mine is frizzy and curly. Her lips are pink and mine is not. He smiled at her and he did not with me.

I kept on walking aimlessly. Finding peace in every raindrop that fell on me.  And in every drop of my tears, I can still see the clear pictures of what I saw earlier.

 

" Sunggyu hyung, just tell me on the phone so that I can let this burden in my heart go. You know! Like you are hiding something from me. It's annoying. "

I rant at Sunggyu hyung on the phone. He called me to say that we have something to talk about so I agrred and decided to go to his apartment.

On the way there, I saw a very familiar figure which made me grumpy and more annoyed.

Nam Woohyun.

Sungyeol's childhood best friend, first crush and first idol. Ugh.

I was about to turn my back when he suddenly faced me and smiled. I was taken aback o f what he did. We are not friends. Just mere acquintances and bro, his smile is freaking my organs.

Oh my gawwwd.

Just when I'm thinking to run away from his creepy smile, Sunggyu hyung came out of the door. He handed something to that Woohyun guy and smiled sweetly at him.

Like what the ? Is he really my brother because the Sunggyu I know isn't giving his hamster smile to nobody.

Then I came to the conclusion that Sunggyu hyung and the Woohyun guy is in relationship when my freaking brother kissed Woohyun on the lips.

Yes, they are still infront of the cafe.

Oh my goooddd, can they just please do that somewhere else?

My eyes wandered around. I don't want to see them cuddling. It is so eewy.

Inside the cafe too is Sungyeol. Two cups of coffee on his hands and my eyes started to sparkle when he looked at me. There is a girl who bumped on me but I didn't mind since I'm busy looking at Sungyeol. My legs started to move on its own towards the entrance of the cafe.

I fixed my clothes. Eyed my shoes if they went well with my pants and blue shirt. The time I entered the cafe, I searched for Sungyeol's position a while ago but I failed to see him there. I looked everywhere and started to roam around the cafe only to see Sungyeol kissing a girl on the back portion of the counter where customers are few only.

It me hard. I saw the cups he was holding a while ago. It wasn't for me, but it is for the girl.

I silently walked out.

With tears staining my blue shirt.

 

Luckily, I found my way to Sunggyu hyung's apartment. I will stay for days or even for months. Until my heart moved on already. Until I'm ready to face Sungyeol. The boy whom I first loved.

Knocking on the door, it takes minutes before Sunggyu hyung opened the door and warms arms immediately enveloped my body.

He ushered me inside and saw Woohyun comfortably eating popcorn on the couch. When Woohyun saw me, he quickly assisted Sunggyu hyung. Hyung started to ran his hand on my back as my tears fall. He didn't ask anything but he just continued soothing my back.

Woohyun came back with towels and clothes. Sunggyu hyung instructed me to go and take a shower first before we talk and I complied lifelessly.

My life was taken from me.


" I'm glad with those news. Yes. " this is my fifth bottle of beer but seriously, I'm not yet drunk. Does this beer contain alcohol? Geez.

I'm talking to a friend on the phone when I saw my bottle empty so I called the waiter's attention and motioned to give me one again.

" Yes, I told you nothing would change my mind. I'm sorry. " at the last sentence, emotions are banished not just on my eyes but also from my heart.

I wiped my lips hastily to remove the liquid that escaped in the sides.


It's about time.

I paid and drove home.

1.


" WHAT? HE DID THAT TO YOU? THAT ING ASDFGHJKL, I HOPE THAT HE GET WHAT HE DESERVES. I'M GONNA KICK HIS ALL THE WAY TO GOD KNOWS WHERE AND IMM--- asdfghjkl what was that?!--- " Sunggyu hyung was cut when my phone rang.

That special ringtone for that special someone. I looked at hyung and Woohyun helplessly as I looked at phone's screen.

I felt the anger rising again when the scene where he is kissing another girl flashed in my mind.

I threw my phone on the wall. Sunggyu hyung and Woohyun are shocked but didn't say anything.

 

Just how many girls did he kissed already?

I got tired of understanding him.

I got tired of waiting for him.

I got tired of thinking that I'm special in his eyes.

I got tired of pretending.

 

Maybe it's the time that he should be the one who should understand and wait for me.

Maybe if I get a boyfriend, more handsome than he is and that's the time he would see me.

Maybe when that time comes, I'll never cry over him.

 

I will get over him soon.

Just give me enough time and space and you will see Lee Sungyeol, the one you let go.

You'll regret it.


" Hyung, don't worry. I'll be fine, besides, Sungyeol won't be there because he got classes on Wednesdays. I will really be fine you nagger hamster hyung! Yah! " I quickly ended the call because Sunggyu hyung is being a pain in the .

 

It's been 2 weeks since I ran away from our shared apartment and hyung insisted on buying me a new phone. Reasoning that I need to contact him if ever

Sungyeol will show up in front of me. What a paranoid hyung of mine but I'm also thankful to him.

I don't know what to feel.

I'm happy because Sungyeol is giving me the space and time I needed the most without being told but sad at the same time because he didn't even made an effort to win me back.



Love made me weak and will always have the same effect on me.

Verboten.

 

0.

Too late.


Ninja moves hahahahahahaha I know that you guys never thought I would be updating today. Well, enjoy the chapter and I'm hoping for your comments and I want to know what's inside your mind!

Feel free to comment below ^^

Sorry for the the very cliche plot like it is so ughhhhhh :<

Thanks for reading /hugs all of you and wishes you a happy day ahead/


©ShiningJongDae