Chapter Ten: Last Dance

The Pretender

Chapter Ten

 

There is nothing changed inside of our apartment. Although the feeling and memories were still there and I can help but to pity myself for hoping that

Sungyeol will pop out of nowhere and hug me.

The scent is still there. His scent. My scent. Ours.

The pity in my heart doubled as I pass through his door. I lifted my hands to feel the intricate design of his door but stopped halfway as my goal in this house enlightened me.

It feels like reaching out for something long gone.

 

Yes, I know.

I have to delete these feelings.

 

I walked to my room lazily. As I open my room, I quickly opened my closet and picked my black-colored duffel bag.

Putting all my stuff there. From my pajamas to my deodorant and toothbrush. It took me two hours to pack them. It's not because I'm slow but because I have too much shirts and I just don't how to put them all inside my bag. I'm moving to Sunggyu hyung's apartment for good. And when I say for good, I mean it. I won't be coming in this hell again if I've got to see the one who brought me pain.

I unconsciously sat on the edge of my bed. I eyed my big duffel bag. It looks like it will burst anytime. I sighed. I don't have a big bag anymore. I'll just borrow one to Sun---

Okay, fine.

I'll just let it burst. this life.

 

Sighing for thirty minutes while sitting and staring around my room, so I decided to lay down since I'm on my bed. As I lay down, my head hit something hard and flat.

I sit up straight again, only to see a phone with a paper on it.

 

I'm going out.

Do not wait for me.

 

This handwriting. It's his, I know.

I'm not going to wait for you anymore. BUT , WHO AM I FOOLING? IT IS SUNGYEOL, THIS LIFE OF MINE. I wanna die.

Ugh.

 

The small scribbles at the corner of the paper caught my hawk-eye attention and I narrowed my eyes to read the small letters.

 

You're beautiful when you are happy...

So smile always...

 

...

 

Just then, I realized that it was Sungyeol's phone. I tried to open it but it seems that its battery is empty. I roamed around my room to find a charger and quickly plugged it.

 

.

 

That was the only thing I have to say in this situation.


" It's good to see you, my son. "

A sly smirk on my mom's face as she came closer to hug me but I refused to her touch and I know that she is hurt by my action.

" Won't you give your mom a hug, Sungyeol? Hm? "

She asked me with her authoritive voice. I knew it.

This is hell.

The one I chose is hell.

 

But I'm happy because it is only me who've got to experience all this .

I just don't know what to do if Myungsoo is with me, suffering.

 

" No. You don't deserve a hug from me. "

I said.

" Okay then. Fix your things and here are the papers you need to have for your classes tomorrow. Fighting! "

With that, I left.


I alarmed my phone one hour after I plugged Sungyeol's phone in the charger. And there is still 23 minutes to go. My hands are itching to touch it.

 

I'm going out.
Do not wait for me.

 

I'm going out.
Do not wait for me.

 

I'm going out.
Do not wait for me.

 

I'm going out.
Do not wait for me.

 

Those words plays in my mind.

Yeah, I do have an internal battle going on inside my head. He's going out.

Uhmmm, he's going out so what do I care. Why is he even telling me stuff like this? Did the aliens abducted him? He went out to buy his favorite Americano? Or is he meeting someone?

 

Alright, let's stop there. I guess, he is meeting someone WHOM HE RIGHT NOW AND HE ING LEFT A NOTE SAYING NOT TO WAIT FOR HIS SORRY , I WILL REALLY KILL HIM AND WILL NOT SPARE A GLANCE AT HIS OH SO ROUND EYES AND FULL PINK LIPS AND Y BODY AND LONG LEGS AND LONG ARMS AND.... . I'm in a deep .

Sungyeol, just where did you go?

I shook my head, wishing that I can remove Sungyeol in my head.

 

After some minutes, my phone's alarm started to sound and I didn't even bother to turn it off as I immediately made my way to get Sungyeol's phone.

 

If you will only revolve in one person's life, then you will not be truly happy. If you are hurt by them and can't stand up, try to collect the pieces of your broken heart and go. Time heals every wound. Forget me and you will find peace.

 

Sungyeol's wallpaper hit me hard. The message passes through every part of me, leaving me more shattered and my mind blank.

Forget Sungyeol and I will find peace?

I continue reading...

 

If you are deeply hurt, consider me as a stranger and wish that we will never meet. Ever.
Even in our next life.

 

Even in our next life?

 

I cried. If that is what you want.

Okay, I will forget you.

Bull, I promised myself I won't cry over him again but what the does this tears means? This is pure bull.

 

I ran out of the house with my black duffel bag hanged on my shoulder. Threw the keys of the apartment somewhere and made my way to Sunggyu hyung's apartment.

 

I will never go back there if that is what you want Sungyeol.

I'll forget about you. I'll forget about me and what happened between us.

 

If that's what you want.

 

Let me change myself so that noone can break me again.

 

I'm L.


" So how's life there in America? " Woohyun called me early in the morning and I can't help but miss this guy.

" Worst. " I let out a chuckle.

" Hope that you're not regretting everything. " he said and it took me seconds to answer back.

His voice is serious and I have to admit that it is scaring the out of me.

" I'm not regretting anything. By the way, I have to go now. My duty would be starting soon and I can't afford to be late. "

With that, I ended the call and quickly took a bath.

 

Even in our next life.
I will still love you.

 

I stared at my phone's wallpaper and smiled sadly.

I will.


Soooooooooooooooooooo this is the last chapter of The Pretender.
(Don't kill me!) I know that this chapter isn't worth-reading and the ending is bruuuuuuuuhhhh. But don't worry hahaha

BTW, there is a poll below ^^

First of all, I just want to thank you all guys for reading this not-so-beautiful fanfic (but I'm proud of it coz this is the very first story I completed in my whole life).
Special thanks to those who comments: SweetInspirit , mainstreams , infinite_myeongyeol , Lucylovely , and ifaielian . Thank you for motivating me with your messages and for making my day with your sweet thoughts about the story. /initiates group hug/
And to my subscribers: Pearguin0906, eLement13, Lkim888, insanetize, Imlovingexo, myung-yeollipop, noonanim, iamtimmyread, seoyuna, intanricky96, Zeaslove, meluvsungyeol, 2762809, min0702, inspirit0212, lynne80, QeylaFrailea, IluvIFNT, ukissme1991, 3Three, rositamyungyeol, Kingspice, maknaeria, Popyeol91, Sangela, saoussenskr and kuntumriri . (Some subscribers are my subscribers from Infinite? )Thank you for being with me all the way to the end, for reading all those typos and wrong grammars. Hahaha you guys are the main reason why this fanfic is alive (wut?! hahaha) /throws hearts and tickets to their world tour/ just kidding.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH like, you always motivated me to write the next chapters and I'm sorry if I'm not meeting your standards. But I just want you all to know that my thanksgiving is sincere and you guys makes me smile always.
Fighting!!!

(Any suggestions/comments/advices or anything, feel free to message me personally or just comment below but I wish that I will not be receiving hateful words from you ^^ but I accept criticism)


If you have time, please also read my other MyungYeol fic and it is on Hiatus.
Title: INFINITE?

(shameless plugging of my other sorry hehehe (^_^)v) For me, INFINITE? is more fun and relaxing fanfic than this story even though it is boring. Nonetheless, I'll try to update it within this year.


Again, it's me ©ShiningJongDae for the last chapter of The Pretender.

Poll:

Your browser does not support iframes.

">http://