Chapter Six: Ending

The Pretender

Chapter Six


[ Soooo, I am very sorry for the long wait. And this chapter is dedicated to... *drum rolls*... to my special friend here in AFF, Lucylovely. Hope this isn't a lame chap for you *runs away*]


I groggily sat on my bed and stretched my sore limbs and counted my legs.

One

Two

Three

Four

Four legs? What am I? A cow for pete's sake? I counted again. And it leads me to the same number. Four.

Four freaking legs.

Oh my gosh.

I tried to move my feet. But only two among the four moved. Yeah, it seems that the other two are paralyzed, even though I used my telepathy power on them, they won't really move.

I'm about to cry because of my two other legs being paralyzed when it suddenly moved.

The toes made their cute way of stretching.

My eyes went to the legs, then to the covered part of the body up to the head which is also covered with blanket.

Someone's beside me all this time?

And I just imagined  the whole thing about me being a cow for having four legs.

What the freaaak!

I sighed. Letting myself breathe and my heart back to its regular beating.

I am shocked. I really thought I am a cow or any animal who have four legs.

I lay down again beside the owner of the two other legs. Its body is still covered with blanket.

The blanket is so fluffy and I love fluffy things so I hugged the stranger beside me because he has the blanket.

I've got to feel the morning's good weather thanks to the blanket beside me. I stood up and stretched, for my limbs are sore.

I pouted, won't the blanket guy wake up?

He is an hour late in his first subject.

Nah. Why do I care?

 

" Lolololololololo~~~ " my pitch going higher in every syllable. I laughed at my craziness.

I'm cooking Myungsoo's favorite breakfast!

While preparing the other ingredients, my eyes suddenly caught a glimpse of our front door.

It has mails again.

I put the knife down and placed the carrot carefully on the top of the chopping board so it won't roll.

Slowly. I walked towards the door and kneel down.

I picked the mails and scanned each.

I sighed, no mail for me this time.

I felt really thankful for I didn't receive that freaking letter again.

I stood up while holding the letters securely.

But a mail slipped from my hand.

I fished for it on the floor. I think, it sticked to the other letter so I didn't notice it.

A moment of silence occured as I digest the familiarity of the logo at the back of the envelope.

It was the freaking letter I am trying to avoid.

It's a threat!

Tears were starting to form, I can't do anything about it. My right hand nervously made its way to the opening of the envelope.

Deep inside, I'm scared as but being scared won't change a thing.

I tried to analyze every word that is beautifully printed on the paper I'm holding.

It was exactly not the same words I read in the first letter they gave me.

The first letter stepped on my hope.

This one literally crashed my world.

Different words, but it has the same goal with the first one. And it is to destroy my life.

I scanned the place, and the knife shone so brightly before me.

Myungsoo must not know this. I need this letter to be gone.

In that instant, I placed the letter on the flames. Watching it burn before me, my eyes full of determination to make it gone.

Next is the knife, I took it and smiled.

A sad smile that reflects my hurt heart.

"Please let me end this... " I shut my eyes with tears falling from it.

I know it's too fast to give up but I'm doing it...

I placed the knife on my wrist and cut it open. Deep enough to let my emotional pain go away.

I wish that it will all go away...

I've been suffering that pain since the first letter came.

Now, I must end the pain.

 

Where is my hope?


" Sungyeol! Is the breakfast read-- Hey! Why did you leave the stove open. Oh my freaking precious fried rice! They ar-- " I was cut once again when I saw Sungyeol's body leaning on the counter with wrist open and a pool of blood.

My mind went blank as I try to analyze the events happening. My body stiffed as Sungyeol tried to open his eyes lazily, making me attend to him and drove to the nearest hospital.

...

Because of the excessive blood loss, Sungyeol will be out for few days. That's what the doctor told me a while ago as I rushed to him and shook him to give me answer.

And now, I watch him peacefully sleep in his bed.

His beautiful features arises as minutes pass by, and I am still here, waiting for him to wake up.

 

And who would have known, the secrets I've been hiding

Deep inside me, they are all burning

But that must the fate they called

Yes, once again, I am fooled

 

Wishing through those stars

As times goes by, I thought they are blank

For my prayers aren't answered

It is just you whom I wished to have

 

I just want you to be happy

I just want to be happy as well

Can't we be just happy, together?

Oh, once again, I am fooled

 

I stared at the space. My mind finding the right actions to do. My eyes are puffy, they are red.

 

I need him. I need my Sungyeol...

...

The door of the room opens and a slim man who isn't that tall came over to Sungyeol and held his hand.

My eyes went wide as I saw him touch my Sungyeol's hand.

He was holding it delicately as if Sungyeol's hand is made out of glass that can be broken anytime. My heart clenches, I tore my eyes off them and made my way out of the room silently as I hear a very beautiful hum coming from the stranger's mouth.

Sungyeol loves that song...

With one glance I threw at them, my heart continues to twist on its own. Making me place my hand above it.

...

" My name's Woohyun. Nam Woohyun. I'm Sungyeol's best friend since we were five, and I hope that you don't mind me visiting Sungyeol everyday. " this Woohyun guy said to me. Face etched with concern as he look at Sungyeol. My eyes linger at Sungyeol too on that moment.

Sungyeol's best friend since he was five?

" Myungsoo? Ahmm, you don't mind right? " he turned to me and I just nodded as a response. I have no energy to deal with him. And how did he know my name?

" Thanks... " he mumbled.

 

Days passed without seeing Sungyeol's bright smile every morning and his sweet messages on evenings. Everyday, I would cry in my sleep. leaving streaks of unwanted tears in my cheeks.

 

KRIIIIING KRIIIIING KRIIIIING

I lazily opened my eyes and sit up to pick up the phone that is producing loud irritating  sounds that interrupted my sleep.

 

Hello. Is this Mr. Kim Myungsoo? I called to tell you that our patient from room 301, Mr. Lee Sungyeol, woke up already. Just a few minutes ago.

" ... "

Uhmm, hello? Sir?

" A-ahh, yeah. I got it. Thanks for informing me. " i put my phone down and started to run in my bathroom to brush my teeth so I can rush to the hospital now.

The ride was fast, thanks to the shortcut I found yesterday.

As soon as I stepped on the building, my feet dragged me to Sungyeol's room.

 

I used the stairs because I was so relieved and happy and excited but nervous at the same time that... finally... my Yeollie woke up.

 

Panting as I came in front of his room's entrance, I placed my hands on my knees for support. Quickly retrieving the lost air in my lungs.

 

And as soon as I recovered my whole being, I stood up properly and straighten up my shirt. Trying to impress Sungyeol.

 

I opened the door and saw Sungyeol.

Wrapped in Woohyun's arms.

 

 


AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'M VERY SORRY FOR THIS OH SO FREAKING ugly CHAPTER AND I JUST WANT TO HIDE UNDER MY BED AND NEVER OPENS MY ACCOUNT HERE IN AFF FOR THIS CHAPTER IS SO SHORT AND YEAH, LAME and ugly   T___________T

But I just want to mention Lucylovely. Hello!!! I just want to apologize to you for not replying on your messages. But here is chap 6 for yahh.

 


Why is Sungyeol so handsome and manly and cute and all the things I want in a man, he have it?

Why? Tell me why?

 

Loving their song 'Love Letter'

Omfg, Myungsoo's voice there be like killing me all the time I listen to it.


Betting on you...

©ShiningJongDae