Chapter Four: Another

The Pretender

Chapter Four

 

" Myungsoo-ah, wake up wake up wake wake up wake up~~ Hurry and make some breakfast for me. " a very big smile is the first thing

I've got to see when I opened my eyes. He even sang for me.

Due to the fact that it is early for me to wake up, I made a grunt under my blanket and shoved Sungyeol's face. He slapped my body afterwards for the unexpected shoving he received.

After a few slaps, the whole place silenced. I assumed that Sungyeol walked out of my room so I closed my eyes again, letting my sleepiness engulf me when I felt hands s around my right arm.

I lazily opened my eyes, just to see another big smile from Sungyeol. So he made his way under my blanket too?

" Soo... " he pouted. The mint from his toothpaste, lingering in my face.

" What? " a very hoarse voice came out of my mouth.

I saw him placed his hands over his nose. Then he sat also, taking the blanket with him.

" Brush you teeth kiddo. I'll be the one making our breakfast so take your time brushing, okay? " he said then ruffled my already messy bed hair. I watch him jumped out of my bed.

It's been weeks since the wrestling incidence between us and Sungyeol's wound is quickly healing. Thanks to my constant care and help to him. The bandages are also removed in his body so now, he can move freely.

I stood up and grabbed my towel on the rack and walked towards the bathroom. I'm still in the aftershock mode of being woken up by

Sungyeol so I just stared at the mirror for minutes.

" Who's this handsome boy huh? " I tapped the mirror with my finger then I smiled. I'm leaning on the sink, my hand made its way to my brush and the toothpaste beside it.

I did my rituals inside the bathroom and I can hear Sungyeol making something for both of us based from the stressed screams of

Sungyeol like 'Why the hell is this exploding?' or ' it, It taste horrible!'.

I came out of the bathroom, water still dripping from my hairstrands. I tried to dry it by scratching the towel in it.

I went downstairs, and saw Sungyeol still cooking something. Sweating hard and I had to swallow the lump in my throat because of the view infront of me right now.

Hell, Sungyeol is so y when he is in apron and is sweating so hard.

I have to distract myself from thinking of eating him alive  by passing by him and walked towards the door to see the mails we received for this day.

I scanned the envelopes. Electric bill, water bill, phone bills, a fan letter for me and a letter for Sungyeol.

A letter for Sungyeol? It's the first time for me to see a letter for him.

I saw a logo at the back of the letter but I decided not to read the words written on it.

As I walk in the kitchen, I open every letter except Sungyeol's. It seems that he's finish torturing himself infront of the stove when I saw him sitting and placing fried rice on both our plates.

He turned to me with a very big smile on his face.

" Let's eat now. I'm hungry. Hurry Myungsoo! " he gestured at me to come which I happily obliged to follow.

In between our breakfast and chat about our experiences, I told him that he received a letter. He asked me from who the letter came from but I just shrugged. He abruptly stood up to get  his letter while I continue to eat. Two minutes passed and he's still not returning in his seat.

" Sungyeol, something is wrong? " I asked him, his back still facing me.

There was no response from him and he looked really stiffed in his position so I tried to stand up to attend him but he quickly said to continue what I've been doing, and it is eating.

I quietly sat again and eat my food while watching him.

My plate is nearly empty when he came back.

" What's the letter all about? " I shoved the rice in my mouth after asking him and I waited for his answer.

" It was about... forget it. It's nonsense.Nothing Soo. Eat more, I'm a great chef right? " he changed the topic immediately but I really wanted to ask about it but I got distracted when Sungyeol put another batch of fried rice on my plate.

Yes, it's so delicious but I heard him screamed a while ago saying the food taste horrible, what the hell did he put in this fried rice?

Our breakfast was finish and as always, Sungyeol took care of the dishes while I go watch my favorite anime on our television.

Commercial time and I checked on Sungyeol, and he's still washing the plates. What took him so long to finish washing those dishes?

The anime suddenly pops in the television infront of me so I turned my gaze into it. Today's episode is so cool, with all the battling moves the lead executed, I have to yell when his opponent attacked from his back.

The lead and his opponent were both exhausted from the fight and are on their knees, bruises are seen from their topless body. The screen close up to the lead's angry face, then a sudden attack he made that made the opponent crash in the dust with blood dripping from his mouth.

I danced my victory dance and shouted "I won!" happily.

When I calmed down, hands were wrapped around me, making me look at who is it hugging me. It was Sungyeol, and I've never seen him sad like this.

" What's wrong Yeol? " I tilted my head, making me look like a cutie five year old kid.

He shooked his head as a reply but I cupped his face and made him look straight into my eyes. He tried to escape from my hold but I did not let him go so he stopped resisting.

" Yeol, you've got to tel-- " my sentence was hanged unfinished when he cupped my face and put his lips into my lips. My eyes grew wide and I was shocked at his sudden action.

I felt myself melt when he started to move his lips in mine. I finally gave in and also moved my lips. He scooted closer to me so I used the chance to put my hands in his waist. He then put his arms around my neck, the kiss turned into a more heated make out session.

I didn't care about the anime I've been watching earlier, I didn't care if it will end. All I care is Sungyeol who's in my arms right now.

He scooted more closer, I can already feel his heartbeat. Can he also feel my heartbeat? Those horses-like heartbeats?

We didn't parted yet and I lay him down on the couch, our lips still in synch. I could feel the beads of sweat forming in my forehead.

A final peck is all that I need after the long kiss. We are both looking at each other's eyes, but I'm looking at his soul.

I watched the next anime with Sungyeol hugging me and also whispering to me sometimes that the anime I'm watching .


Myungsoo told me that I received a mail. It was unusual for me to received one so I jumped from my seat to see what's inside the letter.

I smilingly scanned the envelope.

But the smile quickly subsided when I saw the logo at the back.

Don't tell me I got it.

Don't tell me my mom still insist on passing my...

I can't talk about it now. I can't cry infront of Myungsoo. I can't let him see the side of Lee Sungyeol who is really shattered.

My hands were shaking when I opened the envelope.

I'm on the verge of crying yet I still don't know the content of the letter. My hands are still shaking as I unfolded the paper.

And the nightmare I've been trying to kill, seems to swallow me alive as I read the first paragraph of the letter.

Myungsoo interrupted me when I heard his chair makes noise as if stood up.

" Sungyeol, something is wrong? " he asked me but I quickly told him to continue eating. I'm starting to feel the pain in my heart. How could my mother do that me?

How could she?

I just wanted to have a normal life.

I just want those things.

 

His plate is nearly empty when I came back. A small smile crept into my gloomy face, I think he likes the fried so well.

" What's the letter all about? " he suddenly asked from nowhere. He continue to eat but I can see that he's waiting for me to answer.

" It was about... forget it. It's nonsense.Nothing Soo. Eat more, I'm a great chef right? " I placed another batch of fried rice in his plate as a distraction and I think it helps to divert his thought on the food because he didn't protest and proceed to eat again.

I can't taste the food. I can't enjoy it like what Myungsoo did.

Even when I'm washing the plates, my thoughts are still on the letter. It took me longer than usual and I can't help but to think if someone can help me with this.

Can someone please save me from this?

 

Myungsoo's favorite anime is playing on the television, I guess beacuse he didn't even turn his head on me when I finished washing the

dishes. I walked upstairs to hide the letter somewhere inside my room.

Clearly, to hide it from Soo.

When I know the letter is safe there hidden, I walked outside going beside Myungsoo.

He seemed to enjoy the show as I saw him danced to some crazy steps and shouted frantically.

I quickly sat beside him and wrapped my arms around him. He stiffed and looked at me afterwards.

Myungsoo, can you please save me?

He then cupped my face and asked what's wrong but I just cupped his face back and leaned in to kiss his lips.

I slowly closed my eyes and the last thing I saw are Myungsoo's wide eyes.

I spent seconds in that position and decided to move my lips in his. A minute had passed and we are both kissing each other. No one seems to back out from this so I leaned more, until I could feel his fast heartbeats drumming in my chest.

His arms were wrapped securely around me so I put my arms in his neck. Occasionally touching his hair.

His kisses were gentle and that's all I needed now.

He layed me down and soon, the kiss was finish. I gave him a last peck on lips and we watch the anime togther. Me hugging him all through out the day.

 

Evening came and we are both in our pajamas. Myungsoo invited me to come in his room and I happily accepted his invitation.

I end up sleeping in his side, with his arms still all around me.


A message popped in my phone again. I opened it and saw the same message Sungyeol is sending me these past few days.

 

" You're beautiful when you are happy...
So smile always..."

 

I put my phone on the table beside my bed and looked at Sungyeol.

I gave him a sweet peck in his lips before we sleep.

Of course, with my arms around him.

 

I guess this is the new beggining of us...


Cheers to the new couple?! Ehhh?

Thank you for reading! And to my subscribers, I hope I'm not failing you about this story.

And sorry for the typos and wrong grammars. Please comment!

NP: Before The Dawn

/me: SUNGYEOL OPPA, oh my gosh, SUNGYEOL OPPA!/


©ShiningJongDae