Chapter Seven: Flame

The Pretender

Chapter Seven

(This chapter is dedicated to ifaielian. Hello chingu~ )

 

Why do I even have to live?

Why give another chance to see the world?

 

And now, as Woohyun wrapped his arms around me. I'm a fool for wanting someone else' warmth.

Myungsoo's.

 

Where is he?

I'm  breaking. Bit by bit.



Sungyeol looked fragile in Woohyun's arms. I wish that I'm the one holding him. Making him feel secured and loved. While caressing his

back to soothe him from the pain he's experiencing in this cruel world where we both live.

As seconds pass by, I'm still waiting for Woohyun to release Sungyeol or even the craziest idea inside me, that Sungyeol will break the hug.

 

Sungyeol broke the hug. And a ing glint of hope flamed in my heart.

I became hopeful.

 

I walked towards his bed and called his name in my probably the most gentle voice I have. We just stared at each other, I hope I don't creep him by the way I look at his beauty.

Feeling the awkward ambiance around us, Woohyun excused himself to grab some food for Sungyeol.

Woohyun is gone.

Shocked by the sudden pressured put on my left wrist, Sungyeol pulled me into a bear hug. Literally. He even have a dextrose in his left arm but what the freak?! He's already so clingy to me.

So, I was just like a bamboo in my position and Sungyeol is the panda clinging to me. I can't even pat his back cause he trapped me in his embrace. And also, he wrapped his legs to me.

" Ahmm, Yeollie... I-I won't go. Yeah, I won't go so you c-c-can please let go of my freaking hands so that Icanhugyou. " rushed with the words at the end of my sentence, I blushed furiously. Making me hide my face from Sungyeol's eyes.

" Noooo, let's stay like this for a while. Puhlleasse? Oh, Myungsoo-ahhh? Puhleaseee? " he used his OMFGGGGG aegyo to me and I am so weak to even refuse his OMFFFFGGG aegyo and I think I can die anytime. God bless my soul!

" Owww-k-kaa-kay. " thank God for letting me form a very nice reply to a clingy Sungyeol.

Minutes had pass and my legs are already aching because I stood too much and I wanna sit already. But this big guy who's hugging me won't let me do it.

Kekekeke I will do anything for my Yeol. I'm so in love. Oh my gosh, I can see hearts floating everywhere.

I was about to go to my imagination land again when Sungyeol put his head up to look at me. Straight into my eyes.

I shivered at his stare. Then smiled at what he did next.

He kissed me.

It is enough for me to kiss him back after longing for his warmth for a very long time. I miss him so much. All of him, I miss it all.

After the looooooooooooooooooong kiss, we smiled at each other. He even giggled like a girl but of course, I found it so cute and I just want to kiss him again.

 

" Yeollie, who is that Nam Woohyun? I s he somewhat connected to you? " I asked him while he is busy with playing games on my phone.

" Namu? " he questioned me. I questioned him then he will question me back?

" Tree? " I replied, confused of what he said a while ago.

" No I mean Namu. Nam Woohyun. The guy earlier who hugged me. " my mouth formed an 'O' shape as he explained it to me.

" And yes, I am connected to him somehow. He's my childhood best friend, my first crush, my first heartbreak and my first... " he added.

" KISS? " I furiously shouted at him. I crossed my arms and let out an angry sigh.

" What the Myungsoo. Please let me end my sentence, okay? " he looked at me scandalized. What? I'm just following what I always see in dramas.

" He's my first idol. He's so good in singing. You need to hear him sing. Waaahhh... " he said dreamily. Making me feel jealous of the Woohyun guy.

" Aishh! " I messed my hair and made an annoying sound.

" Don't be jealous, Myungsoo-ah. Buing buing! I'm yours, don't worry! Buing. " he told me cutely and I promise you, my mind will explode already.

Anddddd... anddddd...

HE SAID HE IS MINE. SAY WUT PEOPLE, LEE SUNGYEOL IS MINE AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH HE IS MINE LALALALOLOLOLALALALLOLOLOL

Lee Sungyeol will be part of the Kim family soon.

I did my victory dance and after that he laughed the whole time. Even sharing what I did to the nurses and the doctor who is assigned to him. Making me embarrased all the time.

I don't care about what they think. All I care about is Sungyeol. My Sungyeol.

 

One afternoon, days after Sungyeol has been discharged from the hospital, I asked him to go with me in an Amusement park that is hours far away from our aparment and fortunately, he didn't refused the idea.

Lee Sungyeol is back. Even his sweet messages at night, it's freaking back!

 

But questions are still lingering in my mind. Questions that only Sungyeol will be able to answer. Questions that will let my anxiousness go away.

 Questions that I know will break him again.

That's why, I will keep those questions by myself. Not for now but for forever.

 

Driving with the love of your life. Listening to the radio that's been playing non-stop since we started to ride the car. And now, the radio plays one of my favorite song.

 

The story starts laying in the dark with someone new
I’m feeling tired from all the time I spent on you
But I know I’m strong from all the trouble I’ve been through
The story starts where the story falls apart with you

Don’t lie, bright eyes
Is it me that you see when you fall asleep?
Cause I know it’s you I dream about every night
Giving me a feeling like
Love in the summer
Way I’ve never felt with another
Don’t lie, bright eyes
Is it me that you see?
Tell me I’m not dreaming alone

The story starts lying in the dark broken and bruised
I count the scars left in my heart from losing you
And I was wrong but let’s be honest you were too
I miss the part where I was falling hard for you

So don’t lie, bright eyes
Is it me that you see when you fall asleep?
Cause I know it’s you I dream about every night
Giving me this feeling like
Love in the summer
Way I’ve never felt with another
Don’t lie, bright eyes
Is it me that you see?
Tell me I’m not dreaming alone

I can’t take back the things I said
And I won’t say that I regret
Any day that I was yours

Don’t lie, bright eyes
I know it’s me that you see when you fall asleep
And you know it’s you I dream about every night
Giving me this feeling like
Love in the summer
Way I’ve never felt with any other
Don’t lie, bright eyes
It’ll always be you and me, so why are we dreaming alone?
Woah oh, woah oh, woah oh
It’ll always be you and me, so why are we dreaming alone?

 

As soon as the song ends, Sungyeol stirs from his peaceful sleep. Making me look into his calm expression.

Sungyeol-ah.

 

The three hours ride that I thought would be, became just two and a half hours. Thanks to the light traffic that we experienced earlier.

Sungyeol blabbers about everything the moment he woke up and seriously, my ears hurt from his shrieks.

And the moment he stepped on the parking lot of the amusement park, he took selcas in everything he see. Selca with me, with my car, with the light post, with the ground, with the entrance of the park, with obviously all of the things that made his eyes sparkle.

I just let him do what he wants to do.

 

We entered the amusement park and the first thing that we rode is the Grand Roller Coaster. I have to drag Sungyeol to go and ride the roller coaster with me. People are looking at me like I am a criminal for letting this big guy with me ride the roller coaster. And of course, people are also looking at him, it's because he's making a fuzz and is crying like a child while hugging a light post.

We sat at the very first two seats. When the ride started, he curses me all throughout the ride but I don't care. My left hand finds it way to hold Sungyeol's right hand and I squeezed it very hard. Letting him know that I will always be here for him. Right then he stopped cursing at the air.

After the ride, Sungyeol pulled me into a food booth to eat. He's reasoning that I should buy him lots of food for I made him tired. I didn't protest and just bought him food.

 

We spent our time there smiling and laughing. Not thinking about tomorrow. Our problems set aside, even for this short period of time.

 

We ate ice creams. Tested the rides for children and got caught for riding the small train in the kid's section.

 

And for our last ride, the Ferris Wheel.

 

I'm going to love you
I'm going to hold you
I'm going to feel you
Hold me now...

 

As the basket we are in approcahes the highest, Sungyeol kissed me. Then just like the other cliche dramas that we watched, fireworks appeared out of nowhere. Sungyeol pulled to stare at the illuminated sky but I grabbed his waist and kissed him deeply which he happily obliged to.

 

We are now going back to my car with Sungyeol pouting and saying that we can stay there overnight. But we can't.

I waited for Sungyeol to come inside the car so I checked my phone for the mean time. I have a lot of received messages but the one Sungyeol sent me caught my attention.

 

" You're beautiful when you are happy...
So smile always..."

 

I smiled.

I will Sungyeol. I will always smile. So can you please smile always too?

To me and for me.


I checked my inbox and clicked the thread with Myungsoo's name on it.

Sent. 11:11 pm.

I smiled before my eyes wander again to the sky above me.

It's full of stars.

 

24.


HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY 25TH BIRTHDAY TO OUR ONE AND WILL ALWAYS BE THE ONLY CHODING IN OUR LIVES. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEE SUNGYEOL!

Hope that you will always be healthy (as well as the whole INFINITE). Please continue capturing the hearts of your fangirls and we are always here to support you and the whole INFINITE. Lee Sungyeol FIGHTING! Infinite FIGHTING!

SaengIlChukHaHae again Sungyeol oppa!


So this chapter is for Sungyeol's birthday. Hope you like and enjoyed this chapter!


©ShiningJongDae

Happy Birthday SUNGYEOL!