Chapter Three: Explode

The Pretender

Chapter Three


" Myungsoo! Feed me again. Hey, stop spacing out, will you? " I stare at Myungsoo annoyingly. I'm observing him since this morning when he told me he'll be helping me eat my breakfast before going to school.

" Wha-- Uhm, okay. Here, open your mouth. " his face is still emotionless as he lift his hand with spoon on it to feed me.
In between feeding me, he also eat his breakfast because like me, he also have classes for this day. So I decided to share what my dream last night is to him to uplift the mood.

" Yah, Soo! Do you want to know what my I dreamt last night? It was really scary. " I started but I only receive a glance form him.

" Won't you answer me, Soo? " I asked him, still hoping that he will participate in this talk. I'm secretly praying to papa God that Myungsoo will talk to me again normally.

" Hmm? " I frowned with his plain reply and I wasn't satisfied to it so I asked him to guess what my dream was.

" Unicorns married trolls and you were so heartbroken because your favorite pink unicorn didn't love you back and that freaking pink unicorn married a freaking girly boy. Is that it? " he said it to me boringly like he's giving a hint that I should not talk to him about it.

But Sungyeol, me, yes me, is so stubborn.

" Nooooo! My dream was this... you came inside my room--- " he coughed the moment I said those words and I helped him by tapping his back continuously.

After he recovered, I quickly narrated my story again.

" Yeah, as I was saying, you came inside my room then you tried to steal a pink shirt that has a unicorn print on it that's hanging in my closet but I stopped you from going out of my room when I grabbed your right foot. We had a hot wrestling match and I'm able to pull your pants off, I saw your in my dreams. Hahahaha... then you attacked me when you tackled me down and sat on my face with your bare . Can you imagine that. I KISSED your , Myungsoo. That's funny though, hahahah... " I emphasized the word 'KISSED' cause I think what I did in my dreams is really funny. Never in my life, I would like to kiss Myungsoo.

He coughed again. Harder this time and the rice he ate a while ago came flying out of his mouth.

" What the hell Soo! So gross, ugh. " I said while cleaning my lap because some rice landed on it. It's really yucky.

" Never share your dreams to me again. You're the one who's gross! " he shouted at me when he recovered form coughing.

A moment of silence...

" Soo... "

" Hmm? "

" Soo... "

" Yes Sungyeol? "

" Soo... "

" ... "

" Myungsoo-ah... Myungsoo oppa! " I'm acting like a cute fangirl beside him.

" WHAT THE , JUST TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT TO TELL. DON'T FREAKING CALL ME BY THAT NAME, IT'S ING CREEPY. SO SPILL IT, WILL YOU? " I stare at him, frowning. A very good actor I am, I forced myself to cry. It was successful since a few tear drops escape from my eyes.

Myungsoo seemed to panic when he saw my tears so he quickly came to my side and hugged me carefully because of my wound.

" I'm sorry Yeol. I didn't mean to shout at you. But you were on your annoying self again. " he whispered to my ears.

" You really find me annoying huh? " I can't help but smile since he fell for my little act.

Oh my gosh Myungsoo, if you only know what I'm thinking...

" No no no no no Yeol. Hey look at me Yeol, I don't find you annoying. Never. It was just that you pushed me to my limits then I exploded. Kaboom! " he cupped my face, making me look straight into his eyes. He even demonstrate the 'kaboom' part with his hands.

I laughed at his action. And so he did too.


" So you want a ride to school? " I grabbed my keys before looking at him. He's washing the dishes and I've got the best view of his y back.

" YES! " he gave his gummy smile that I fell for immediately. I smiled back and waited for him to finish what he's doing while I wait by watching anime on our small television.

I am too immersed with the anime I'm watching when I felt some weight from my side shifted. Sungyeol get the remote from the table and switched the television off.

" It's time to go mister. Drive me to school now or I'll be screwed again. " his backpack hanging on his right shoulder and is ready to leave.

" Your wish is my command... " I joked at him, he gave me few punches for it. And he also rolled his eyes on me, it was so funny, I had to imitate him. Then we both laughed at my craziness.

I went out first and waited again for him inside the car. After few seconds, I can see him locking the front door of our apartment with two toasts in his mouth.

I let out a smile, Sungyeol will always be Sungyeol.

And when he's walking towards the passenger seat, I looked at him questioning why there are toasts in his mouth.

" What? I can't go to a battle without a food, okay! " he rolled his eyes again.

" Sungyeol, it's weapon. You can't go to a battle without a weapon, not without a food. "  he just sticked his tongue out at me.

The whole drive was full of exchange of hateful words towards each other, I thought of dropping him in the middle of a busy road for that.

We reached the school fortunately and he had to hurry because his first class will start in 5 minutes and he told me that his professor in that subject sometimes comes early.

I'm just chilling, my first class will still start at 9:30. I checked my watch, it is still 7:26 in the morning.

Waking up early was worth it, because I got to feed Sungyeol and drive him to school. All for him was worth it.

The whole day went smooth for the both of us and I offered him a ride again, he didn't think twice and went to the passenger seat. Feeling at home inside my car.

He suggested that we should go for a coffee at our favorite cafe near our school, I agreed since I haven't eaten my favorite cake there. Now, I'm craving for it.

After filling our stomachs, we stayed there for more minutes that turns into hours. Sungyeol made his homework in the cafe too while I just stare at him, completely staring at him until he finish his homeworks.

Sungyeol even ordered two slices of my favorite cake (which is also his favorite) and another cup of his favorite Americano.

I told him that his stomach can't handle it already but he bet on it saying he can still eat it. I just zipped my mouth close, stubborn kid Sungyeol.

When he's halfway done with the first slice of the cake, he gives up on eating it.

" I can't eat it anymore, Myungsoo-ah, eat this. " he's giving me the plate with the cake on it but I refused by shooking my head. He glared at him, he makes me laugh again.

I told the waitress to wrap the untouched slice of cake and Sungyeol ordered another freaking coffee.

It was almost evening but we are still outside the cafe.

Sungyeol suggested a very nice idea again. He told me that we should go to the nearby river to cool down for a bit.

When we reach the said place, few people are walking or others are busy talking or just plainly sitting facing the beautiful view of the wide river.

We sat on the smooth grass then later on, we both lay down on the cold ground but the coldness doesn't matter because we are both close to each other, enough to exchange heat.

Staring at the stars above us, I felt my phone vibrated but I looked at Sungyeol first who is busy with something on his phone.

A message from... Sungyeol? What the heck, we are just beside each other, can't he speak?

Questions were formed inside my head but still, I opened the message I received.

 

" You're beautiful when you are happy...

So smile always..."

 

My lips instantly formed a smile. I looked at Sungyeol who is staring at the stars now with a smile on his face.

I'm surprised when he faced me suddenly and a bigger smile crept on his face.

You're so beautiful Sungyeol, will you be mine?

I wish I can say this to you now, but I don't have the courage to do so. So will you please wait for me?



Am still waiting for Infinite's comeback...


Anyway, thanks for reading! And please leave a comment. Thank you so much! *mwa*


©ShiningJongDae