Boyfriends

Snapshot

After a week of preparations now he was at a salon at Myungdong ready to be pampered before the press conference.

“Ready?” Donghae asked him, even if he was not he had already took this too far to back up now. Most of the week had passed with Minho and him talking to put up a credible story about how they had met, mostly because a crazy fan drugging him was not that believable even when actually that was the truth. After that it came the issue to explain the whole business to his coworkers, who beside, Minho, Bright Stars and him were going to be the only to know the whole issue, and the last and more difficult was telling his sister, of course he only told her that he was dating Choi Minho, she didn´t seem to believe him but say nothing.

“Can you let my long hair?”

“Of course” Donghae said and signaled the stylist to start.

**

He was behind the stage didn´t believing what he was about to do, it was a crazy idea. Since where he stood he could see Heechul who waited that the reporters finished taking seat, he felt his stomach lurched when the former started talking.

“Good afternoon, I´m Kim Heechul, director of public relations of Bright Stars, thank you so much for your presence in this press conference”, Heechul started. “The reason of this is to clear the recent rumors around the personal life of Choi Minho. First I´ll clear the situation, and after Minho will present to answer a few questions, once said that I´m going to start”.

“Did I lose something?” Suddenly he heard the voice of Taemin near his ear.

“No, it just started”, he turned around to see the boy and as soon as he saw him he was startled. His casual jeans and shirt were changed for black skinny jeans with a white loose tank top that showed his collarbones, over this a fancy black jacket, expensive snickers and his hair styled in a way that it looked perfectly undone completed his look.

“Something happen?” The boy asked at the way the taller eyed him.

“No, nothing” Minho said and looked over Heechul was talking.

“A week ago several pictures of Minho with a guy were showed, beside this been a clear attempt to his privacy it was said that he was dating a minor, that is not true. Minho is in a relationship”, at this words whisperings started to sound. “Lee Taemin is the person who appears in the pictures and he is not a minor. He is a reporter for a magazine so we asked to cut off the rumors. Next Choi Minho and Lee Taemin are going to answer ten questions, please raise your hands to have the chance to ask one”.

“Here we go”, Minho took Taemin hand and made him took his arm. They walked to the stage, as he walked Minho smiled and waved to the cameras. Taemin always had been at the other side of the flashes but now he kind of understood how the idols felt toward them, once they stopped Heechul signaled the reporters to raise their hands.

“Minho ssi, how long have you been dating?” a reporter asked.

“Two weeks” Taemin was surprised at the calm tone of the other, he himself can´t find his voice.

“Why you don´t give to public knowledge your relationship before?” another asked.

“Like you all know I have been involved in some scandals before, none truth, that´s why we decided to wait till our relationship was more stable” Minho answered again, “I think it didn´t work” soft giggles were heard.

“Where did you meet?” Taemin halted a little but Minho gave him a soft squish in his hand to calm him down.

“At a coffee shop at Myungdong”

“How do you ask Taemin out?”

“At first I thought he was a girl, he got pretty pissed off but I like his attitude so I asked him out anyway, I didn´t think he would accept”, this time laughs were heard. Taemin was surprised of how easily the idol handled the situation.

“Taemin ssi, how old are you?” the boy was surprised to be asked.

“Twenty two” he answered shyly.

“Why did you accept to go out with Minho ssi even when he confused you with a girl?”

“He didn´t stop to follow me around, I just want him to leave me alone” more laughs followed the answer.

“Two more questions”, Heechul pointed out.

“Why to date a boy?” the answer left the room in silence. “You are one of the most popular idols in the industry, it doesn´t make sense”.

“We will not answer…” Minho interrupted Heechul.

“Why not? I know is unexpected, but I don´t think that the fact is a boy changes the wonderful person he is, I like everything about him, and that is what it matters”, Taemin felt his heart skip a bit, “he been a boy makes him a lot more interesting” the silence that followed was of admiration at Minho words.

“How is Minho like boyfriend?” Taemin smiled as Sulli asked the question and felt happy when he saw the pass around her neck.

“Wonderful”, soft giggles filled the room and he felt himself blushing, they took some pictures and after that they left the stage. It was over, no, it had just started.

**

“Please, take that off”, in the office playing on the TV was the press conference of the day before.

“It´s in all the channels”, Krystal said, “Minho was really cute defending you like that”, Taemin scoffed.

“Hyung!” Jongin, his nephew, entered the office, “How are you?”

“Fine, what are you doing here?”

“Oh is the press conference, mom and I saw it today in the morning, she was really surprised, me too, you really are dating Minho hyung”.

“Jongin, why do you come?” In the morning when he left his apartment reporters had taken pictures of him, and he was barely able to run away from them, all the day had heard comments about the conference and he was starting to feel irritated.

“My dance lesson ended sooner, hyung, are you gonna see Minho hyung today?” Taemin nodded, they have accorded to go out in dates at least three times per week. “Great,” suddenly the boy put on the desk what seemed to be a lunch box wrapped in a blue handkerchief. “Mom makes it so you can share with him”.

“What?”

“She said she wanna look good with Minho hyung” Taemin rolled his eyes. “So I´m leaving now”

“Jongin wait what about your audition…”

“Need more practice hyung” the boy left the office really quickly.

“More practice? My , what he needs to do is stop avoiding it”.

“Oh Taemin, your ride is here” Sulli said, as he looked through the window he saw a black car of which Hyukjae stepped down. He took the lunch box and rose from his chair to left.

“See you later”.

Hyukjae opened the door for him and once he was inside the car drove to his destination.

**

Sweat dripped down his body when he finished his dance practice, his comeback was a few weeks ahead and he must be ready. Once the other dancers left the room he took out his shirt and started the music again, one more time before take a shower, he told himself. He was so wrapped in the music that he didn´t hear the door opening and when finally the song stopped he saw Taemin trough the mirror who watched him very attentively.

“Taemin,” he called him but he didn´t answer. “Yah! Taemin” he followed the younger gaze and realized he was staring at his abs. “What are you looking at?” Minho smirked, Taemin looked up and felling caught he turned around instantly.

“Put on a shirt” Minho found amusing the attitude of the boy.

“What are you doing here?” asked the taller still not wearing a shirt.

“We have a date, do you forget it?” Taemin said with a irritate tone.

“Of course not, I´m a good boyfriend and I wouldn´t forget it”

“Whatever”

“So I´m going to take a shower and then we´ll go out in that date” He assured, passing beside the boy he called him. “Taemin”

“Yeah?”

“You look cute today” and he left a blushing boy behind.

**

They picked up a random coffee shop to have their date; Minho bought some drink and two slices of cake, they ate the food that the sister of Taemin had made for them.

“You are too close” Taemin said as Minho put his arm around his shoulders and whispered in his ear.

“We have public, calm down” Taemin turned around a little and could saw some photographers and some scholar girls with their phones. He sighed and continued eating.

The lunch was a whole new experience for Taemin, to have Minho that close made him nervous and the fact that the older actually tried to feed him was too much to handle.

“So… how was your day?” Taemin tried to lighten the awkward situation.   

“You are so cute,” and before the boy can said something he continued. “Tired, my comeback is in a few weeks, I barely have left the recording studio, and if I left it is to go to the dance room, and yours? Anyone have annoying you for… you know” Minho suddenly seemed serious.

“No, nothing that I don´t expect” Minho put his head on Taemin shoulder, their faces really close. “What are you doing?” He asked with strained voice.

“Come on, just a minute” the taller answered snuggling more in his shoulder, “I´m really tired”

“Fine”, Taemin smelled well, like peaches, he was warm and it was nice to be like that with him.

When they finishes their meal they parted at the door of the coffee shop, Minho must go back to recording and Taemin to the office.

“Thanks your sister for the food, I was delicious”

“I´ll, then I must go”

“Yeah” Minho reached down and kissed Taemin in the cheek, the smaller eyes got wide with surprise and the former seemed also been surprised by his actions, “I´ll call you later” he said clearing his throat.

“Sure” he answered still shocked, Minho left in a hurry and Hyuk secretly smiled at Taemin face when he got in the car to take him back to the office.

**

With Minho comeback so close they can´t go out in dates, but he called him every night even when most of the time they just bickered, he wasn´t sure why he called him. It was not like they actually where dating and both knew that, still Taemin found himself waiting the calls of the older, jus for one year so usually he didn´t call him hyung, and Minho no matter how tired he was always called him.

One night he was finishing a note when a message from Sulli startled him.

From: Sulli

To: Taem

Have you already seen what Minho put on twitter? Search it!

His curiosity took out the best of him and searched it, when he read it his face turned red.

From: Sulli

To: Taem

Did you see it?

 

The girl insisted.

 

To: Sulli

From: Taem

Yeah.

 

He answered shortly.

 

From: Sulli

To: Taem

Yeah? Are you only gonna said that? After that message I was hoping another kind of reaction. I know you are not really dating but still…

 

To: Sulli

From: Taem

Sulli stop annoying me. I´m working

 

From: Sulli

To: Taem

Meanie

 

He had just received that message when his phone started buzzing, at that hour it only could be Sulli or Minho, it was the second.

“Taeminnie, good night. How are you?”

“Good night. Fine and you?”

“Tired, I just finished the recording, finally!” he heard the tired laugh of the idol; he watched his clock and saw it was past midnight.

“If you are tired then you shouldn´t call, it´s not necessary” he regretted his words immediately as an awkward silence hung between them.

“Yeah, I know just… did you see what I put on twitter?” the blush came back to the younger face.

“Yeah, it was really necessary?” Minho laughed.

“It was, to keep all calm, you don´t like it?”

“It was a little embarrassing, but it´s ok I guess”

“Taemin, tomorrow… I have my jacket photoshoot for the album, come with me, would you?” before Taemin can say something he continued. “You can write a note about it, just wait two weeks after my comeback to publish it”

“Ok, I´ll go with you”

“Good, so tomorrow a car is going to pick you up at your office, at 11 am. I´m going now, need to sleep”

“Sleep tight, see you tomorrow”

“You too, don´t go to sleep too late”

When de called ended and despite of want to continue working he can´t do it. He sighed and turned off his laptop to go to bed. He fell asleep thinking over and over again in the words Minho had written.

Finishing the album, finally! I know you all have waited a lot for this comeback, I and the others worked really hard to make it perfect, I barely had had time to see Taeminnie, I hope he is not mad at me. Taemin, saranghe.

**

At 11 am a car picked him up and took him to the photoshoot set.

The concept for it was classy and y; the promoted song was called `Like a Fire’. For the first part of the photoshoot Minho was in an elegant suit in a set that looked like a studio. For the second part of the photoshoot Taemin was more than a little surprised to see the idol topless on a set of mirrors and water, suddenly the set was warmer.

After two hours the photography director gave a rest.

“You are not gonna put a shirt on?” he asked Minho as he took a seat beside him.

“Why? I´ll have to take it off again” Minho shrugged. “Oh, I´m so hungry” he didn´t expect a reaction to his statement but was pleased when Taemin offered him food that her sister had made for him and even an energetic drink.

“You need it… I guess, just take it, would you?” the boy said avoiding his eyes.

“Thanks” he ate happily. A moment later he felt something on his shoulder, looking up meet his gaze with Taemin who put a blanket over them.

“You are gonna get a cold” it was the only thing he said, Minho just smiled and decided to not comment on the younger blushed face. They talked till Taemin noticed some models entering the set. “Why are they here?”

“For the photoshoot” answered still concentrate in his food.

“Are they gonna be with you?”

“Yes”

“With you shirtless?”

“Yeah”

“No”

“What?” he asked finally raising his eyes from his food.

“I said no” the tone surprised Minho. “I don´t want them in the photoshoot with you, I don´t want to be questioned about something like that”

“Taemin…”

“Minho” his voice was firm and gave no place for argue. Minho sighed.

“Ok, let me call Luhan”

As he observed Minho talking on the phone he was sure he was making this because he didn´t want to her questions like: ‘How do you feel when your shirtless boyfriend was surrounded by models?’ ‘Were you jelous?’ Yeah,that was mostly the reason of him doing this, but a little voice in the back of his head told him he could be a little jealous but decided to ignore it. After Minho hung up he walked to the photography director and after that he saw the girls walking out and smiled satisficed. That was till Minho walked to him.

“Luhan said no models but… instead you have to be in the pictures”

“What?!”

“Just a few, fully dressed” Minho explained quickly.

“Fine” Taemin muttered.

When the photoshoot started again Minho was on a leather couch, he was wearing a jacket, still no shirt, Taemin smiled again knowing that the models were supposed to be with him in that photos. After forty minutes Minho was back in a full black suit with red tie, he was dressed in white suit.

“So… how is gonna be this?” he asked as he stood in the set of mirrors and water standing in front on Minho.

“We just have to kiss” when the eyes of the smaller grew wide with surprise and some horror Minho quickly explained. “It just must look like, you know like in that occasion” he whispered to make sure that the director don´t hear them. “Taemin? You ok?”

“Just must look like it?” Minho nodded. “I´m fine”

“Should we start?” the director asked and then told them what to do. “It would not take long, get close…closer, Minho, grab his waist, closer…” the director huffed. “Come on guys, closer, good. Now Taemin, put your hands on his shoulders, no, put them in his arms. Perfect, just like that! Now… Kiss!” Both put their face close and turned them to make it look like they were kissing. Taemin felt his heart in his throat and Minho was surprised that his hear beat didn´t echoed in the whole set, the only sounds were the clicks on the camera. “Wait…” the director walked to them. “Why are you not kissing?” he asked. “I get it, it must be embarrassing, but you are boyfriends! So don´t pay us attention, we´ll start again” he took his place. “Now…kiss!”

Minho looked at Taemin dubious, the younger was frozen in place, and for the corner of his eyes he also saw the director eyed him threatening. He took a deep breath, leaned to Taemin and kissed him. It was an open mouthed kiss but chaste, slowly Taemin correspond the kiss and this got heated, they didn´t notice when the director started taking pictures and just the lack of air made them break apart.

“Perfect! That was just what I mean!” the director cheered. “We finish!” Taemin and Minho realized what they have done and quickly pulled away.

“Thanks for the hard work” Minho said to the staff bowing and Taemin followed, he knew that neither Sulli nor Krystal should see those pictures, at least not soon, though at the end they will anyway.

**

The MV came out and the company announced Minho comeback stage for the following week. Somehow he knew were those pictures will end but he didn´t clearly realized it till some albums were sent to his office like gifts for him and his friends. When he saw the photobook, the last pictures, it was a collage of them kissing even some close ups to their faces. He still wasn´t able to forget that kiss and the words that came along the pictures didn´t help at all. He face fell on his desk groaning.

“Hyung, how are you?” Jongin asked. “Oh it´s Minho album, can I see it?” Not waiting an answer he took it.

“Oh god!” That was Sulli clearly she had already seen the kiss pictures.

“Holy !” That was Krystal.

 

This album is called ‘Like a Fire’ and it express a love that burn like it. I guess that the reason why they took so many pictures of me shirtless ᄏᄏᄏᄏᄏ, anyway I hope you enjoy it and I must say that with these pictures… of Taemin and I kissing, like the song says I feel like fire, Taemin took the responsibility of it. 

 

 

 

 

Sorry this is taking to long but my thesis is killing me so yeah. Thanks for suscribe and comment please :)