Paparazzis, scandals and confusions

Snapshot

“You are late”. He heard Sulli said as he barely enter the modest office. When she saw the angry face of her friend she smirked. “Happen again?” The young male just left himself plop down in a chair nodding. “Just cut it off”.

“No way!”

The girl just laughed and continued working. The issue in hand had started a few months before when his friend had decided he would let his hair grew long. Now it reached under his shoulders and he was often mistaken by a girl.

“I have all the rights to have my hair like I want to!”

“Chill down. Come on, is time for the meeting”.

“Hurry up!” Krystal told them as passing by their side.

Lee Taemin worked in an amateur magazine called Seul Pop. He had just finished college in journalism and even when the magazine was new and small his boss, Kim Junmyeon was always positive.

“Well, I think is all for this week, we just need someone to go take pictures to the event All Stars”, at the mention of this the three reporters groaned. “Come on guys”, the All Stars event was one of the most important carpets in the show business.

“Don´t you think that is a little out of our league?” Krystal said.

“Every time we go to events like that we got teased by the other reporters, beside we need special pass to get in”. Sulli stated.

“Not for the outside carpet, I will go”, Taemin said. “If we want others reporters stop treating us like that we have to stop thinking like that from ouserlves”.

“That`s the attitude, Taemin!!” Junmyeon cheered and Krystal and Sulli smiled.

***

“Is this a ing joke?!” The man screamed throwing the newspaper on the desk. In the front page there were a young male kissing a girl and the tittle said ‘Choi Minho in another affair?’

“Calm down, Kyuhyun. Remember your blood pressure”. Sungmin told his husband, the man snorted angry but try to calm down. Cho Kyuhyun was a former hallyu star and now president of the entertainment company Bright Stars. His husband, Lee Sungmin was a well-known actor and vice-president of the company.

“And you, what do you have to say about it?” Kyuhyun asked the young male who stood in front him. He was Choi Minho, one of their most famous stars of their company, singer, actor and model.

“Like I have told you already, it was not my fault. The girl jumped on me”. Kyuhyun looked to the man standing a few feet away of them.

“I believe him”. The man said. He was Xi Luhan, Minho´s manager. Kyuhyun snorted again and Sungmin squeezed his arm to calm him down.

“Fine, but even if this is the true this is you third scandal of the month. You have to be more careful. Need to remind you what is on the line? A role in Zhoumi next movie, and he don´t like scandals”, Minho just nodded. “Ok, you can leave now. Heechul would fix this, and don´t forget you have to go to the All Stars event”.

“Yes, then I`ll leave now”, he left the office and Luhan followed behind.

“You have to thank that Sunming hyung was there to calm down Kyuhyun hyung” Luhan said while entering the elevator. “How many times have I told you to stay away from the fans? You never know how crazy they are, the best is to keep wise distance if you are not in an event. This time we have luck…”

“I understand hyung. Stop repeat it”.

“I really hope that. I ´ll pass for you at 7 pm, you must be ready, got it?”

“Got it” the elevator stopped it. “I´ll go to dance, I ´ll see you at 7 pm”. He needed to relax; it had been a harsh day. That girl, she had told him that she needed help because she had broken her ankle, and when he tried to help her she gave him a kiss right on the lips. Like it wasn´t already bad luck a photographer took pictures, they ended in internet and after in the newspapers and magazines. He never had been good in reading people, left alone women. He figured out that another idol would not come closer to the girl, all were right; he had to be more careful.

***

“Hi, hyung”, he heard when he exited the elevator.

“Hi, Sehun”

“Already going home?” The boy asked as he walked by his side.

“I´m going for a coffee” He answered shortly.

“I´m going with you” Luhan glared, it was not a question, it was a clearly statement.

“ off, Sehun. I´m not in the mood” He said, a headache starting to pound his head. “Don´t you have class or something?”

“They already finished” The boy said smiling, not even flinching at Luhan words while he kept walking beside him. “So… Minho hyung got in troubles again?”

Luhan smiled, mostly because he was tired and let Sehun to follow him, even he bought him a bubble tea and both shared a table. Xi Luhan was 24 years old, and though he was young he was already a manager in Bright Stars, partly because his father was an associate of the China´s division of the company. Sehun was the trainee that stalked him since he moved to Korea, the boy seemed to have a huge crush on him and for his embarrassment he didn´t hide it all. And the boy was just nineteen.

“Wanna talk about your day, hyung?” Sehun asked.

“No. When are you giving out?”

“Well, then I tell you about mine” The boy started talking, Luhan just shook his head with a smile and listened to the boy.

***

“Such a pretty girl!  No, wait… It´s Taemin!” He had been listening the stupid jokes of the other reporters.

“Shut the off, Jonghyun. For sure I´m prettier than your sister” The reporter lost his words, and Taemin felt proud when the other started laughing.

“Oh, look! It´s Choi Minho!” The idol descended from a limo and Taemin hurried up as the other reporters.

The carpet was one hour long, after that all the reporters with a special pass entered the event.

“Not coming, Taemin?” Jonghyun told him. “Oh, I just forgot you can´t” said while making face to him, for answer Taemin showed his middle finger to him.

“This brat…” Jonghyun looked at him offended and finally the clown went in the event.

“Jonghyun jerk, how he dares…” And when he was about to left he saw a service entry open and without vigilance. “Who need a pass” Carefully he went in to the party.

Just a picture and he´ll leave, he told himself. So after an hour and after deciding he had enough pictures he carefully made his way out before something bad could happen.

***

At seven Luhan picked him up. At eight he was on the carpet and all was going smooth. May be he should suspect when that reporter girl asked him for a five minute interview in a very insistent way, his alarms should ring when she took him to a place apart and definitely he should run away when the girl offered him that drink with a sort of creepy smile. But again… he was bad at reading women.

***

He was just about to leave when he heard a noise and instinctively he jumped behind some boxes. Peeking out he saw a girl and a man that seemed to be Choi Minho, for a second he thought in taking some pictures but it didn´t feel right so he did not. He decided to wait till they left and he could go. He saw when the girl offered a drink to Minho, after he drank it he noticed that the idol turned pale and started to stutter, frowning confused Minho suddenly staggered and the girl caught him in her arms, and surely he was surprised when the girl kissed him on the lips but when she started to slid her hands under the clothes of the taller man he can´t hold himself.

“Yah! What are you doing?!” He said while leaving his hide out, the girl looked at him scared and ran away instantly. When she ran away he dropped Minho and Taemin barely can catch him. “Ah…Minho ssi… are you ok?” for answer the taller just leaned more on him. “Crap… ottoke?” He said to himself and suddenly he heard the click of a camera taking pictures and when Minho fell on his shoulder he saw clearly a reporter running away. “No…no! This is not happening!”

“Minho, are you there?” If he thought that the situation could not get worse he was wrong. “Minho… What´s going here?!” In the door a young male looked at them shocked.

“It´s not what it look like!” Taemin said. “I didn´t do it! It was a girl!” The male entered the room and took Minho away from him. “I´m sorry!” He ran away without another word.

“Wait!” Luhan tried to stop him but he had already left however on the floor there was a little notebook. He managed to pick it up while supporting Minho. “In what trouble are you now?”

***

When he woke up in the morning he decided that the last night actually had not happened, it was a nightmare. Yeah… he had entered the party but surely the last part had not happened, because all seemed so crazy that it just could not be possible. A girl drugging Minho… ridiculous. So he took a shower, ate his breakfast and went to job. In his way to his job he searched for his notebook in his messenger bag but it wasn´t there. The memory of the last night came back and he started to panic, he couldn´t calm down and when he entered the office Sulli took his hand and pulled him to the rest room closing the door, the look her friend gave him didn´t like him.

“Taemin… this is you, right?” The girl showed him the newspaper of the day, in the front page there was a picture of Minho and him, and for the angle of the picture it looked like they were kissing, on big letters it could read “Choi Minho, dating a minor?’ Deeply he wished that it wasn´t more than a nightmare but he knew it was not, that he was fully awake and that this was really happening.

***

The first thing he noticed when he woke up was the intense headache; it felt like it was to explode. He heard a noise and suddenly the sunlight bathed the room.

“Good you are awake now, I´ll bring coffee” He heard Luhan said, some minutes after he was back with a mug that gave to him. Luhan waited till he had drank some coffee to clear his mind before speak. “Minho, what do you remember from last night?”

“I remember when I arrived the event, spoke for a while with some people… there was a reporter girl who asked me for a quick interview, she took me to an apart place and gave a drink that tasted funny and… I don´t remember nothing else, something happened?” He was still a little dizzy and could not connect ideas.

“Is all you remember?” Minho nodded as he took another sip from coffee. “Don´t you remember a guy?”

“No”. Luhan sighed putting a newspaper on the lap of the idol. Minho´s eyes went wide. “Kyuhyun…”

“Yeah, he already saw it and he wants to see you immediately. Go take a shower”

“Hyung, what are we gonna do?” He asked stepping out of bed.

“Minho, what you told me is true, right? You don´t remember a guy, correct?”

“It´s true” Minho confirmed getting ready to take a quick shower.

“Good, then I´ll take care of this. Hurry up”

***

Sulli was trying to avoid a nerves attack from Taemin; fortunately they were alone in the office. But suddenly, and like it wasn´t enough with the shock Taemin was going through, two men entered the place.

“How can I help you?” Sulli asked them.

“We are looking for Lee Taemin” Answered one of them; he was very attractive and had a pretty smile. “Is he here?”

“Well…” Sulli looked over where Taemin was staring at the space.

“So is him?” The other man said approaching the shocked male.

“Wait! He is not fine!” Sulli try to avoid that they took Taemin but the one with the pretty smile stopped her gently.

“We are not going to hurt him, we just want him to accompany us to a place” Said the one stopping Sulli. “I assure you he is gonna be ok”.

“But…”

“He is gonna be right back the soon as possible”. And without any other words they took him with them, Taemin was too shocked to do something.

***

Kyuhyun angry was scary; he used to scream a lot. But the angry and quiet Kyuhyun was even scarier. So when he entered the office and he asked him with a quiet tone to explain himself, he felt a shiver running his back. He explained the same he had told to Luhan and supposed that the fact that a crazy fan had drugged him softened the rage of his boss a little.

“The point here is that you don´t remember this guy who appears with you in the pictures” Kyuhyun said.

“If you let me said something” Luhan said. “I know who this guy is, lee Taemin is his name and he is waiting outside to tell you what he saw”. The presents were a little surprised at this.

“Make him come in” Kyuhyun asked. The door of the office opened and a nervous guy entered in the company of two men.

“Tell them what you told us” Donghae indicated, the guy nodded and told them what he had seen the last night.

“Well, it seemed like nothing happened. I´ll go to clear this with the press…” Heechul said making his way out the office but Kyuhyun stopped him.

“The point Minho is that it seemed that no matter how many times we clear things with the press, because you keep getting involved in scandals because you are too naïve or stupid with women. I know you are not doing this on purpose at least I hope so… but this can keep going like this. Do you know how much I have to beg Zhoumi for he keeping you in consideration for his movie?” Kyuhyun rubbed his temples tired. “What are we gonna do?”

“Let´s make them date” Heechul voice took all by surprise and his words took a while to sink in.

“You mean… him and me?” Minho asked pointing to Taemin and himself.

“Exactly, Kyuhyun is right, even when we cleared this with the press is possible that another scandal rise just because some crazy fan that knows how easy is trick you, no offense. But if they think you are dating someone that will make things easy for us. Taemin,” the male jumped still taken aback for the words and surprised at the mention of his name. “How old are you?”

“Twenty two”

“He is legal, it could work”.

“Taemin,” Kyuhyun spoke this time. “You are a reporter, right?” The male nodded. “Your magazine is still small, true?” Another nod. “If you accept our offer you can have exclusive access to all the events our artists assist and the opportunity to interview them”

“Are… are you serious?” Taemin could not believe what he was hearing.

“Along with a new wardrobe” Heechul pointed out.

“Wait!” Minho said loudly. “You guys can´t be serious! And you can possible been considering this! We just met! We can not date! Is this a joke?! Luhan, say something!”

“Is not a bad idea, it will be fine for a while. Maybe till you get a role in Zhoumi movie, but of course it will depend if Taemin accept the offer or not”. Minho looked at him expecting he declined but to his dismay he looked like he really was taking in consideration the offer.

“Taemin you also have to consider that this could affect you in a bad way” Sungmin said. “You will be exposed to the media and the fans, and like you have already seen they are pretty…”

“Crazy” Hyukjae finished the sentence.

“That is our offer but don´t feel like you have to take it”.

“About the special access and the interviews… are you serious?” Kyuhyun nodded. He was crazy for even consider the offer but he was tired that the other reporters make fun of him and his friends and if he was completed honest when he could have a chance like this, never, was the most probable answer. “Ok, I´ll do it”.

“Seriously?” Kyuhyun asked.

“What?!” Minho screamed.

“I´ll do it. I´ll be your boyfriend”.

***

After one hour where all tried to explain Minho that it was the best for his career in this moment he accepted begrudgingly his new ‘boyfriend’. Now both were in one of the gardens of the building company to know each other better.

“I´m sorry,” Taemin spoke first. “But I really couldn´t let go a chance like this”.

“I understand,” Minho sighed. “I respect your courage for that”.

“Thanks, I´ll try my best to… help your career and… I´ll be… a good boyfriend” Minho found amusing the fact that the boy became shy just now.

“Taemin”

“Yeah?”

“Have someone told you that you look like a girl with your hair like that?”

“Repeat it and I´ll kick your ” Taemin said threatening.

“I thought you´ll be a good boyfriend”

“Jerk, this is the reason why women fool you!”

“What did you say?!”

“What you heard!” Maybe this wasn´t a good idea. 

 

***

So yeah this was the first chapter I hope you like it and thanks for suscribe. I apologize if my english is not that good.