La rentrée

Unstoppable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hana's POV

"Miss... Miss... Wake up, it's time for your first day of school. Miss..? Miss.." the voice faded off into the background.

I was at the beach with the wind blowing my face and my foot dipped in the blue waters of the sea, having the most relaxing time of my life.

That is until a certain bee calling me Miss, buzzing near my ear.

Irritated, I shot up, only to look inside a pair of huge eyes infront of my face.

Stunned, I scremed.

That person gaining back her conscious state, approached me while mumbling a series of apologies.

"God! You scared the hell out of me. Now I'm wide awake." I said while holding my hand up at where my heart was pounding quickly in my chest.

Taking a close look at the person, I realise it was a she. A young maid that looks around my age.

Maybe, slightly older. 

Smiling at her, I jumped off the bed and headed for a quick yet refreshing shower, doing my usual morning routines.

Wrapped only in a towel, I went to my wardrobe and pulled out the set of clothings I pulled out last night.

With a grin I put on the ironed pieces of clothes before drying my damp hair.

Putting my brown, wavy hair into a pony tail,

I stepped out of my room and descend lightly down the wooden stairs.

"Morning!" I greeted the emplyees as I made my way to the dining table and ate my usual breakfast that I love.

It was simply just 2 sandwiches, egg and tuna, and a cup of strawberry milk.

I grabbed my back pack that I bought in target when I was shopping in America with my mom.

It was simple yet elegant. I loved it the moment my eyes landed on it. 

My taste.

Drinking finish my milk before rushing off wearing my converse with a half eaten sandwich.

Before I leave the house and head down, out of habit, I shouted "Bye Mom! Bye Dad!".

I in that short moment forgot that I am now hundreds of miles away from them.

Sighing and shaking my head. I went down in my uniform and greeted Uncle Joe who was standing at the entrance of the lobby in the building.

I gave a confused look.

Uncle Joe saw it and immediately he explained to me that he is not going to drive me to school.

He is just going to take the same bus as me, to make sure I get to school safely and get on the right bus.

My mouth formed an O shape as I nodded, understanding his intentions.

I smiled at him, touched that he was sweet enough to do this for me, I went out of the building with light steps.

Uncle Joe parted from me at the bus stop before my assigned high school.

I heaved a sign as I continue my journey to school along.

I stepped into the huge school ground as students walk past me with judging looks on their face.

Some look at me with disgust like I was dirt while some looked at me curious about this new face that they had never seen before, there are also people who look normal, treating me toatlly invisible.

Believe it or not, the latter group was my favourite.

That's it treat me like Ms. Invisible so that I can blend in.

I headed towards the sign which reads 'General Office' and followed the arrows on the sign boards above.

Due to the fact that I was busy looking up, I walked right infront of a student holding up his professional camera ready to shoot something, without even knowing. Unfortunately, my phone dropped, so I picked it up before inspecting it on the spot.

Can't afford for my phone to break on the first day, can I?

That was then I felt a cold gaze, or rather, a cold stare, staring icy holes throught my head. I turned and I found a male student standing there, his lip with every ounce of his face, full with annoyance. My eyes then shifted to the camera he was holding and realisation hit me.

"Er..." I started sheepishly, yet apologetically, "Sorry, did not see you there... hehe" I tried to lighten up the atmosphere with a small laugh but that, apparently did not work. 

Instead of replying, or even just smiling, he rolled his eyes and distaste is evident all over his face. I frowned as I walk away from him.

What's wrong with him? Had a bad day yesterday? Woke up at the wrong side of the bed? Or he is just one of those spoiled brats in this school? I thought before shrugging it off. The latter seems more reasonable to me that time.

"Rude" I muttered under my breath as I continue my journey.

Finally, after ages of walking, I arrived at the entrance of the General Office.

Geez, why must the GO be situated so far off from the main gate? I thought when I see the huge sign above me.

Still having my manners in check, I knocked the door before entering it with a small smiled played on my face. 

"Good morning miss," I bowed to the receptionist at the counter right behind the glass doors of the office, "I am the new scholar, Hana Evelene Min." I said as politely as possible.

I did not intend to let them know that I understand korean, since if they knew, they will not gossip about me right infront of me. But, certain circumstances cannot be avoided I guess.

The receptionist was a young lady in her 20s.

Her eyes flashed shock at first, before it turned into disgust as I mention the word 'scholar'.

Another money er, I thought in my head darkly.

The reception

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter