I.M Not Like Him

Earth to Bomi

Bomi took a deep breath. “How bad can it be” She took one step forward and crossed the boundary line.

Jooheon had an inerasable grin upon his face.

“I’ll meet you back here morning.” Wonho called. “Right when the sun comes up”

Bomi nodded and then followed Jooheon to his camp.

-

“Oh my” Bomi was in awe at the total disorganization of Jooheon’s camp. The people at his camp just roamed around aimlessly without a purpose.

“Like it” Jooheon put his arm around Bomi’s shoulders.

“Like it? This is horrible. Who’s getting the food? Why aren’t you setting up any shelters? What are you going to do if it rains?” Bomi pushed Jooheon’s arm off.

“Relax, we’ll worry about that when it comes” Jooheon jumped up on his rock. “Come sit”

“No, you said I had to be on this side for a day. We never agreed on me being your lap dog”

Jooheon giggled “You sure know how to charm a man”

I.M grabbed the spears they made and approached Bomi and Jooheon. “Well we might as well put you to work while you’re here” He passed a spear to Bomi.

Bomi looked strangely at the spear. “I didn’t agree to this”

I.M moved closer to Bomi and talked low so Jooheon couldn’t hear “Would you rather be spending the day with him?”

Bomi didn’t respond.

“That’s what I thought”

-

Bomi tripped on a twig and fell. “Ow”

I.M groaned “Would you keep up”

“How much farther do we have to go?” Bomi got up and brushed the dirt off her clothes.

“A little further”

“Do you even know where you’re going?” Bomi complained.

“We need to get to high ground. Find some water”

Bomi was shocked. I.M actually cared about surviving, unlike Jooheon.

I.M was pushing through the hanging leaves when he suddenly stopped.  

“What is it?” Bomi asked. gapped in amazement when she saw it. “Wow”

“Yeah, wow” I.M smiled.

Not far from where they stood was a waterfall. It poured into a river that divided the land in half.

“Race you” I.M suggested.

“What? No way, that’s so immature. I would never stoop so low an-GO!” Bomi said before darting towards the waterfall.

“No fair!” I.M yelled while running after her.

“No rules remember?” Bomi laughed.

Even with her head start Bomi was not nearly fast enough to reach the river before I.M.

“Ya…Now you…have to do me one favor” I.M said in between breaths.

“Favor? What favor?”

“I get a favor for beating you”

Bomi didn’t like these terms but she agreed anyway. “What do you want?”

“Help me fill this bucket with water and carry it back to camp” I.M handed over the bucket.

“Where did you get this? I couldn’t find any supplies on the ship”

“Let’s just say Jooheon didn’t just snatch scrap metal”

Bomi looked at the bucket “Is all this water for you?”

I.M shrugged “And anyone that wants some I guess”

Bomi bent down and filled the bucket. “Something tells me you’re not enjoying camp Jooheon”

He sat down by the river “What’s it to you?”

Bomi joined him.  Together they sat facing the river. “You could always come over to my side. I think you would enjoy a place where you wouldn’t have to do all the work.”

“No thanks”

“I don’t understand. You like being Jooheon’s slave?”

“Don’t act like you know me, I’m not anyone’s slave”

Bomi could see she angered him. “I’m sorry”

“I won’t leave Jooheon. He always had my back, now I need to have his”

The air was getting tense, and then Bomi had an idea. She took off her shoes and tied up her hair.

“What are you doing?”

“Jumping in, c’mon when was the last time you had a bath?” Bomi slipped out of her jeans and hung them on a tree branch.

I.M blushed and looked away “You’re crazy, what if there’s a current?”

“Only one way to find out” Bomi took a step in the water. “It’s cold” Then she went in

“Would you get out of there” I.M begged

Bomi soaked her body in the water. “Stop being such a stick in the mud and get in here”

"What if there's a shark in there?"

"I.M, I promise you a shark will not eat you if you get in here"

I.M took a deep breath and laughed. “I can’t believe I’m doing this” He started taking off his shirt and shoes.

“Finally! Hurry up!”

He jumped into the water next to Bomi. “Wow that’s cold”

“Yeah but isn’t it amazing” Bomi paddled around in the water “I’ve only seen pools in movies, I never thought I’d actually get to be in one”

“I’m pretty sure this isn’t a pool”

“And isn’t the view amazing!” Bomi watched the waterfall.

I.M was enjoying watching Bomi swim around and have a good time. “Yeah it is”

“I love this planet!” Bomi started to relax after her adrenaline died down “I can’t wait until Minhyuk sees this”

I.M became jarred at the sound of his name. He wondered who this Minhyuk kid was and how Bomi knew him, but he didn’t have the courage to ask. “We should probably be getting back.”

Bomi agreed “People are gonna start getting thirsty soon.”

-

Meanwhile, back at camp Goody-Good:

Wonho walked back into camp without Bomi.

“Hey Wonho, where’s Bomi?” Shownu asked “Wasn’t she with you?”

Kihyun’s ears perked up at the sound of her name.

Wonho groaned and rubbed his hands through his hair. “She’ll be back tomorrow” he mumbled.

“Back tomorrow? What did you do loose her in the woods?” Shownu joked. “You didn’t right”

Wonho regretted it the moment he opened his mouth. He told them about the deal with Jooheon and the construction of the radio.

“You did what?!” Kihyun yelled “How could you let this happen?”

Wonho held his hands in the air “She wanted to do it, there was nothing I could do”

“You could’ve stopped her! Now she’s over there with that !” Kihyun raised his voice.

Shownu tried his best to calm him down “Kihyun relax, it was her decision to go”

Kihyun clenched his fists “I’m going over there”

Wonho stopped him “Jooheon’s not going to just let you go back and join them so easily”

“I can’t just leave her over there all alone”

-

I.M and Bomi returned back to the camp bucket in hand.

“Where have you two been?” Jooheon barked. “And why are you all wet?”

I.M shrugged “We found water”

Jooheon grabbed Bomi’s arm “Snowflake, I haven’t gotten to spend any time with you. I’m starting to think this deal isn’t very fair”

Bomi tried to pull away "Jooheon you're hurting me"

"It's tough love, you'll get used to it" Jooheon grinned.

“Hey Jooheon! Let her go!”

 Bomi had never been so happy to see someone “Kihyun!”