The Hyungwon Healer

Earth to Bomi

Bomi was surprised to wake up still in Kihyun’s arms. She thought he would’ve left the moment she fell asleep.  Kihyun wasn’t the most attractive sleeper, his face was being pressed into the seat and his mouth was open with drool hanging out of it. Yet she still found it adorable.

Then she sat up when she heard a commotion coming from outside. “Kihyun wake up” She shook his body. “There’s something going on outside”

Kihyun groggily opened his eyes and sat up. “What is it?”

“I don’t know” Bomi slid out of bed and peeped out the tent door. “Kihyun! You have to get out here now”

Outside people were scrambling to open the doors to let people in from camp Jooheon. They were hurt and needed medical attention.

“What happened?” Bomi asked Shownu.

“I’m not entirely sure; one of them was pounding on the wall. We weren’t going to let them in until we saw that they were hurt” Shownu’s voice trailed off when he saw Kihyun come out of Bomi’s tent. “What was he doing in there?”

Bomi ignored him and ran to help the injured people.

Kihyun followed “I need everyone that’s hurt to get in the shuttle”

One by one they all entered the shuttle.

“Bomi grab more bandages” Kihyun commanded.  “We need more water”

Bomi did her best to help, but the amount of people was overwhelming.

“Bomi I said I needed more water over here!”

“I’m coming” Bomi called.

-

Wonho was pacing outside; he stopped when he saw Jooheon, completely unharmed. “Jooheon! What happened!?”

Jooheon sighed “I guess you were right about the animal thing”

“It attacked you?” Wonho asked.

“In the middle of the night” Jooheon nodded. “How many people are hurt?”

Wonho rubbed his hands through his hair. “At least ten”

-

Hyungwon was sitting off to the side feeling useless. He wished he could help, just didn’t know how. 

I.M came over and sat next to him.

“Your arm!” Hyungwon noticed I.M’s arm had a small cut on it. “Shouldn’t you get that checked out?”

“I’m not going to waste the doc’s time on me when some people are actually hurt”

Hyungwon understood “While at least let me dress it” He went over the garden and picked out unfamiliar plant with large purple leaves. “Here, this one’s not poisonous” He pressed it on I.M’s cut. “It doesn’t really have a use really, just started growing around here”

I.M furred his eyebrows. “Wait a second” He lifted the plant and looked at his wound.

Hyungwon’s eyes widened “It’s healing!”

-

Inside the shuttle Bomi and Kihyun were panicking. “We’re out of medicine!”

Kihyun frowned “Then there’s nothing we can do”

“Hell yeah there is!” Hyungwon came running in with a handful of his purple plant. “Put this on the wounds. It helps them heal”

“What? That’s crazy” Kihyun didn’t believe him.

“Watch this” Hyungwon took one of the plant leaves and applied it to one of the injured people’s wounds. Soon the person’s expression changed from in pain to in relief. They lifted the leaf and wound was practically gone.

“All right I’m convinced” Bomi picked some leaves “let’s get to work!”

-

The plant did its job and soon the patients were up and walking.

“We should give a name to this beautiful plant” Bomi said.

“How about the Hyungwon Healer” Hyungwon offered.

Bomi tried to give Hyungwon a smack on the arm but ended up just hurting herself “Ouch, looks like my stiches haven’t quite healed” she sat down.

Kihyun approached “Maybe we should use some Hyungwon Healer on you”

“Please don’t let that be its name” Bomi tried to laugh but every time she did her injury would hurt “Ow”

“Here” Kihyun pulled off a few leaves. “Lift your shirt”

“I’m gonna go wait outside” Hyungwon grabbed his plant.

“Make sure to plant more of that” Kihyun called to Hyungwon as he left. Then he looked back at Bomi “C’mon lift up your shirt”

“I can put it on myself” Bomi offered.

Kihyun smiled “If you’re doing this because you’re shy, just remember who put the stiches there in the first place”

Bomi gave up and lifted her shirt.

Carefully, Kihyun removed the bandage and placed the leaves over the stitches. “Does it feel better?”

“Mhmm” Bomi was trying to hide her face from Kihyun so he wouldn’t see that she was blushing.

Kihyun wrapped her back up and let her pull her shirt down. “There, you should feel better in no time” He noticed she wasn’t looking at him “Hey, I told you not to be shy”

“I’m not” Bomi said with fake confidence.

He grabbed her hands. “You know, I’ve always wished for a chance to get to know you. I just never imagined we’d get sent down to Earth”

Bomi laughed “Be careful what you wish for”

The mood in the room shifted and Bomi grew uncomfortable. It didn’t make sense considering she had such a crush on this boy for practically forever. She wasn’t sure how she felt about him or how he felt about her for that matter.  So she did the only reasonable thing to do in this kind of situation, she changed the subject.

She pulled her hands out of his and sprung up out of her seat “Let’s go see what Wonho has planned for our next move”

Kihyun nodded “Oh Okay” he seemed at bit caught off guard. “After you”

Together they walked outside to see what was going on. Wonho was collecting new recruits to their camp, it seemed like after the attack the only people that wanted to stay outside the walls were Jooheon, I.M and two other guys.

“You’re all a bunch of traitors!” Jooheon called out to people leaving his camp.

 “What’s going on?” Kihyun asked Wonho.

“Seems like we’ve run out of tents, I guess we’ll have to have people roommate for a while” Wonho answered.

“Doesn’t seem like it’ll be much of a problem for you two” Shownu added.

“What?” Bomi was utterly confused.

“Don’t act like you don’t know. I saw it” It was weird for Bomi to see Shownu act like this, he always seemed so calm and sweet.

Jooheon didn’t like how he was talking to Bomi. “Hey back off my snowflake!”

“Yours? Ha! You’re a little late” Shownu couldn’t stop himself now “Bomi and Kihyun shared a tent last night”

“What? That’s crazy! My Snowflake would never…” Jooheon looked at Bomi. “You wouldn’t right?”

All eyes were on Bomi.  “Well…”

“No, Snowflake tell me it isn’t true” Jooheon begged.

“We did share a tent…But we didn’t do anything” Bomi tried to defend herself.

Jooheon grew angry. “YOU!” He pointed at Kihyun. “What did you do?!”

Kihyun shook his head “It’s like she said! We didn’t do anything”

“You probably wanted to!” He pushed Kihyun’s shoulders. “Going after my girl aren’t you?”

Shownu immediately started to regret what he said; he ran off and hid in his own tent.

Kihyun pushed back “Who said she’s your girl?”

Bomi was so afraid of what could happen next. “Guys please stop, I’m nobody’s girl!”

Jooheon blew his top. He punched Kihyun right in the jaw. “Bring it on pretty boy!”

Bomi ran to Wonho “Can’t you stop this?”

“No way, this is the most entertaining thing I’ve seen on this planet” Wonho laughed.

Kihyun took the hit and threw one back hitting Jooheon in the face.

Bomi couldn’t take this any longer. She threw herself in between Jooheon and Kihyun before Jooheon could throw another punch. “Would you two stop your fighting! I don’t want to be with either of you if you act like this!” Then she walked off leaving them to sit and think about what they’ve done.