Close the Gates!

Earth to Bomi

They reached the wall later that day. “Wonho! We’re back” Shownu called. The gates slowly opened inviting them in.

Wonho came over to great them “Welcome back!” His expression dropped when he saw Jooheon. “I see you found him.”

Bomi nodded “He’s joining our camp!”

“All right” Wonho started walking back to his tent “It’s not me he has to get approval from”

The kids at the camp were all staring at Jooheon. “What’s he doing here?” one mumbled.

Bomi nudged Shownu “Should we say something”

Shownu shrugged “What would we say? Here’s our new friend who went slightly crazy but is all better now”

She gave him a glare of disproval.

“Hello members of The Goody-Goods” Jooheon yelled.

“Jooheon what are you doing?” Bomi asked.

He ignored her and continued. “I know a lot of you may hate me or just think I’m nuts. But I have realized the error in my ways and I’m here to help”

Everyone watching just went back to what they were doing before as if they didn’t care.

“Yeah” Jooheon smiled “I think that went well”

Shownu laughed “Let’s put you to work”

“Work?” Jooheon scratched his head

“Yes, work. Now what do you want to do?” Shownu pointed at the different stations. “There are farmers, hunters, and builders”

“What’s Bomi’s job? I want to do that” Jooheon insisted.

“She’s a doctor” Kihyun interrupted. “She helps me out”

Jooheon frowned “Of course she does. I’ll go help build I guess”

“Good, now get to work” Shownu commanded “You guys too”

Bomi and Kihyun walked into the space shuttle. “What are we supposed to do if no one is sick?” Bomi asked.

“I guess we can clean this place up a bit, make sure it’s organized for the next patient” Kihyun started grabbing bandages and placing them all in one area.

“Okay” Bomi picked up the blankets and started folding them.

Kihyun started whistling while he worked.

“That’s pretty, what song is that?” Bomi asked.

“It’s just something I heard somewhere”

“Keep going, I want to hear it”

He continued to whistle his tune and Bomi sat down to listen to it.

“I can’t remember the last time I heard music” Bomi pouted “Seemed like so long ago”

Kihyun continued working “Well, whenever you need it, just come to me and I’ll sing for you”

“You sing?”

“So I’ve been told”

“I would like to hear it” Bomi showed him her puppy dog eyes “Please”

Kihyun smiled. He was about to sing for her when they heard someone shouting outside. “HURRY! Shut the gates!!!”

“What was that?” Bomi got up and left the shuttle.

Outside people were running around like headless chickens. “Shut the gate!!” One kid yelled. “Wait! That guy is still out there!” another yelled.

Just beyond the gate Bomi could see a small kid with a spear running for his life. He was constantly tripping on his own feet and she grew afraid that he wouldn’t make it.

Then, out of nowhere, I.M shot out of the gate and ran over to the young kid. He picked him up and threw him over his shoulder and then made a dart towards the gate.

“Hurry! They’re coming!”

Once I.M and the kid were inside the other kids shut the door tightly.

“What’s going on?” Bomi begged to know.

Then there was a pounding at the gate. The beast was trying to get in.

Everyone screamed.

“A few kids were out hunting when they saw them” Shownu told her.

“Them? There’s more than one?” Bomi asked hysterically.

Kihyun called for her “Bomi, I need your help in the shuttle”

I.M carried the boy inside the shuttle and set him down. “I think his ankle is hurt”

“Looks like its sprained” Kihyun concluded. “You can’t walk on it for a while”

“Rats” The kid yelled.

“I’ll go see what we can use for crutches” I.M said sternly.

Bomi handed the kid some water “Here, drink up”

Kihyun looked outside “Looks like they’ve got us locked in”

“Can’t we go out the back?” Bomi asked.

Wonho walked into the shuttle “No can do. There’s another one on the other side of the wall”

“What can we do? We don’t have much food in here” Bomi complained.

“We’ll have to ration it out for the time being. How’s the kid?” Wonho asked Kihyun.

“Sprained ankle, he’ll be okay” Kihyun assured him.

“All right, I better go make sure people aren’t stealing what’s left of the food” Wonho walked out of the shuttle.

Kihyun sat down “They’ll probably leave after a while”

“I sure hope so” Bomi sat down with him and leaned her head on his shoulder. “Otherwise people are going to start getting hungry real soon”

The little kid looked over at them “Are you two dating?”

-

Minhyuk did his best to stay quiet. He was in the middle of trying to sneak into the control center. Problem was, there were at least ten people in there.   And it wasn’t like he could just pull the fire alarm…Or could he?

The alarm went off seconds after he pushed it. All of the scientists and the prime minister came running out of the room. Minhyuk slipped in after they were out of sight. “Okay, that seemed a little too easy” He looked for a way to play his message to the whole ship. He tried to remember what the woman had told him.

“You need to put the disk into the monitor first”

“Right into the monitor!” Minhyuk smiled “How could I forget?”

“Now push the button to your left”

“These instructions are awfully specific” he turned around and gasped. The woman was standing right behind him. “You’re here!”

“We don’t have much time” She started pressing a few buttons.

Soon the video was playing all over the ship. The prime minister came in with a few guards. “Get them!”

Minhyuk tried to run but he was caught.

“What have you done?” The prime minister growled “You know the penalty for going against my orders! Guards! Take them away”