Epilogue

They're Zombies, We're Survivors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Epilogue

 

“Byun Baekyoung, I swear if you let Lil’Nugget and Lily eat one more piece of chocolate, you’re the one going to put them to sleep tonight!” Yoora screeched throughout the house and Baekyoung chuckled at his girlfriend’s tantrum.

“There, there. How are you in such a bad mood? You literally just went to Ellie’s and Kris’s place to pass them the casserole.” Baekyoung said, going to wash the dishes that were in front of him. “Besides, you were fine a few moments ago.” He said turning to Yoora who chewed angrily on a cookie.

“I know I was fine a few day’s ago. Go and put the kids to sleep. It was a hard day babysitting them and I really need to rest.” Yoora said as she stood up and grabbed a glass of wine. She poured it and Baekyoung nodded, going up to her to give her a kiss on the cheek before heading upstairs to tuck the kids into bed. As she took a sip, she made a face. “Ugh, this wine just went bad.” She mumbled to herself and poured it down the drain.

Yoora looked down on the local magazine and smiled to herself when she saw a sundress. She gave a sigh. Back in the old days she couldn’t fathom not wearing designer clothes or anything that was not expensive. Now, she was happy with the yellow dress she was wearing, getting to be loved by Baekyoung every day though he was a bit of an , and just being in a community where everything was simple and safe.

She decided to take a bath and when she walked up, she heard Baekyoung’s voice telling them a story. She bit her lip and stood by the doorway, listening to his droning voice as he added sounds into his script. “And that was when Uncle Baekyoung met your Aunty Yoora. She was beautiful but really didn’t know how to cook.”
“Lil’ Nugget agree.” Lil’Nugget said and Lily giggled. “Before Aunty Yoora cook, Lil’Nugget pretend to like. One day Aunty Yoora want to cook Alberto, Lil’Nugget get mad.”

The old Yoora would have gotten mad at that sentence but this Yoora stood smiling to herself as she watched the love of her life, the heads of the two girls on the bed. She chuckled and went to take a bath and then showered to get ready for an evening to wind down. Ellie and Kris were having a date night so the kids were with her and Baekyoung the whole day as well as the day after. In two days, there would also be an event and Yoora couldn’t wait for it.

She cleared and began to feel hungry again, shaking her head as she tried to remember the last time she ate. “I just ate an hour ago.” She said to herself as she brushed her teeth. Her eyes were tired and she had been eating so much. “Maybe my period is coming.” She thought as she spit into the sink and rinsed .

With a sigh, she proceeded to do her skin care routine when a thought made her stop. Her period was due a few days ago, and come to think about it, she didn’t get her period for 2 months now. Yoora blinked and staggered backward, her hand gripping the sink. With quick thinking, she rummaged through the cabinet and grabbed a pregnancy stick.

It didn’t take long and Yoora found herself staring at the result before sitting down on the toilet seat, her eyes in daze.

Baekyoung had finished story telling and he was tired from doing labor work all day. He stood up and kissed both of them on the forehead when he caught sight of a pale faced Yoora who looked like she had seen a ghost. He blinked at her.

“Honey, you okay?” He asked and she turned to him, her eyes shining with tears. Baekyoung grabbed her arm in panick. “Hey… What happened?” He asked, scared of what he might hear. The community they were staying in was safe, but danger could come any moment.

“Baekyoung.” She sobbed, her tears pooling out from her eyes and Baekhyung held her close as she sobbed onto his chest. “I’m….”

“I’m what? Who hurt you? I’ll call the guy’s, we’ll go over there and handle it for you.” He said, his protective side coming out once more. She shook her head, sniffling.

“I’m…” She began but couldn’t finish her sentence as she let out another wail.

“Do you want Chanyeol? Is it because you miss your brother?” Baekyoung asked, bewildered, not understanding why she was having a sudden break down.

“No.. I’m just. I’m just pregnant!” Yoora concluded as she cried once more and Baekyoung blinked at the sudden bomb that was bestowed upon him.

“What?”

“You idiot! I’m pregnant!” Yoora said, hitting his shoulder. Baekyoung stood there, stunned and shocked.

“And.. uh… What does… Why—”

“What do you mean, “why”? IT’S YOUR !” She said and Baekyoung patted her back meekly.

“I mean, why are you crying? Aren’t you happy?” Baekyoung asked, his head around whirling with possible names for his child if it was a girl. “Or… Do you not want to have a baby with me…?”

“I am!” She wailed and Baekyoung tilted his head at her. “I’m crying because I’m pregnant but I’m happy!”

It took Baekyoung a few hours to calm the crying Yoora and he later found out that the only reason why she was crying so much was because pregnant woman “get a bit crazy”, as said by Suho. Suho also said that he would keep it a secret and Baekyoung knew he would keep his word.

“Maybe we should name her ‘Zombie’ if it’s a guy.” He joked to Yoora while he held her against his chest.

“Stop being stupid.” She said, her eyes filling up with tears once more. “Anything but that!”

“Anything but that?” he thought again, laughing at how easy it was to make her cry. “How about ‘Tom’ for a guy?”

“You want us to name our child after some island cannibal? What is wrong with you?” She cried and Baekyoung burst out in laughter, kissing her eyes before pressing his lips against hers.

‘I love you so much.” He said to Yoora who sniffled.

“Really?”

“Really.” He paused. “I’m so happy. I really am.” He whispered to her and she blushed.

“The question is, how do we tell the others?”

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SUNDAY

It was Sunday and everyone had gotten up early to help as it was a special day. Ellie had woken up and turned over to nudge her boyfriend who was sleeping. She placed a kiss

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter