Start

They're Zombies, We're Survivors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

They’re Zombies, We’re Survivors Season 2 Chapter 11

 

                                             Yixing knew where the two were. He was the one who had told them very carefully that there were two submarines and that they should take precaution in being rash. Of course he did that simply because he knew those two were the most likely to get the two sub’s mixed up. He also knew that, that would mean the other two would be more likely to survive since their submarine wasn’t to be part of the fighting and bombing. They were in a sub full of rich people, coming to the same location.

 The thing with Yixing was that he knew more than Baekyoung and Kris thought he knew, he just didn’t want to tell them. He knew every detail, the submarine'S plan, the security team's plan... even the other submarine's plan. Everything that went through Baekyoung and Kris was always distorted, and Yixing knew that telling Kris what he knew would cause anger from Kris. Everyone knew Kris was a loose grenade when it came to his daughter. 

The hacker kept his eyes on the laptop, deciding that he should let Kris and Baekyoung do the planning since it always seemed like they never trusted anyone with any opinions different from theirs. Not to get him wrong, he highly respected the two—but they have always been the one steering the plans the way they wanted. Baekyoung being Baekyoung had always tried to hedge risks with plans that sometimes made no sense but ensured his brothers’ safety, while Kris was would tend to be overly dominant in his orders. Yixing his lips and then listened to everyones’ awe.

“According to the blueprints, the submarine enters from the bottom and that is when the extraction and security team strikes.” Baekyoung places an X on the bottom of the blueprint to show where the submarines will arrive. “Once that happens; Kris, Kai, Tao will blend into the teams and go.”

“I haven’t heard of any plans from the extraction team just yet. All I know is that we’ll be walking in. We haven’t been briefed on anything and I kind of find it suspicious.” Kris interjected.

Baekyoung nodded in response. “It’s going to take some time. They might brief you the night before we arrive.” He then continued. “But when we do reach there: Baekyoung, Kyungsoo, Chen and Minseok—you’re in charge of making sure the girls are safe. Find a ride, if you can’t do anything.... try to blend in until we’re finished with the plan and we’ll meet here.” Baekyoung made an x that marked the parking lot on the blueprint.

“Luhan and Sehun? What should we tell them?” Yixing began, staring boredly at the blueprint. His mind had already come up with different ways to get out of the scenario without using the same logic Baekyoung and Kris has always done.

“Their sub will probably reach the same time. Just tell them to meet us on our designated spot. There are a lot of us.” Baekyoung paused. “It’ll be hard to gather us all so some of us better stay safe and put.”

It seemed to Yixing that Baekyoung was tired of carrying the weight of all of them and he had made up his mind to prepare for the casualties that may come their way. But where was the creativity? The will to live by coming up with plans that were unexpected?

“Yixing, tell Sehun and Luhan what to do when we reach there. I need to rest.” Baekyoung concluded before bidding everyone goodbye, Yixing nodding robotically as he always did. The room was filled with bye’s and Kyungsoo scurrying away so he can “figure out how to cook a meal for 70”. Yixing tapped his feet against the floor as he scanned the room for someone he could join heads with until his eyes landed on: Suho. Suho always seemed like he had something to prove. He was a man with a dominant side but it was pushed down by how mellow he was. If it could be anyone he could work with, it was Suho. The question was, how he was going to say it; and whether Suho trusted him more than he did Baekyoung and Kris.

As if it was god’s will, Suho was the only one left in the room and Yixing, began trying to reach Luhan and Sehun.

“How insecure are you?” Yixing asked suddenly and Suho looked at him in surprise. It was weird to be talking to just the hacker in front of him alone, Suho knowing how quirky he was. Suho raised an eyebrow at the question and shrugged, downplaying the question for one of Yixing’s weird moments.

“I’m alright, I guess?” His voice raised at the end, suspicion began to creep through him when he saw how engrossed Yixing was on his laptop. Not like he wasn’t always engrossed in something, but Suho could have sworn he saw a spark in Yixing’s eyes.

“How much do you want to validate your insecurities?”

“I guess if there is such an opportunity then I’d take it.”

Suho’s answer pleased Yixing, the man asking Suho to come forward when the Luhan and Sehun came through. Yixing then began to tell Luhan and Sehun what he thought they should do, Suho’s eyes widening when he heard them.

“Yixing, that’s dangerous!”

“Look, do you honestly think we’ll survive this with a simple: let’s meet at the designation plan? One of us might get killed. We’re not fighting against zombies, Suho. We’re fighting against humans as well and they’re smart—and more prepared.” Yixing said, trying to persuade Suho.

“Right.” Sehun’s voice crackled. “It’s better we be prepared than just meet the rest somewhere. Don’t worry about what happens on this sub, me and Luhan will take care of it.” Sehun reassured.

“We should have team names! How does Delta sound?” Luhan asked and Yixing ignored his chattering, turning over to Suho.

“Do what you’re good at.” Yixing said to Suho, the researcher’s suddenly breaking into a grin. He tapped Yixing’s back before walking away. Yixing chuckled to himself, knowing he had ignited a spark in Suho’s mind.

“EXO! Why don’t we call ourselves EXO?” Luhan could be heard babbling through the mike.

“What exactly is that? A planet?” Sehun grumbled before Yixing pressed the buttom and put off the mic.

Now, all he had more work to do. He wasn’t just going to save everyone, he was going to make sure everyone no longer had to run.

 

 

Suho was excited. This was the first time he was included in a plan that wasn’t the main plan. He kicked his shoes off and leaned against the chair, his eyes running down the article. It was good that the doctors and researchers in the lab were all introverts. There were three of them, including him. The other two were what you’d call your typically doctors, hunching over the microscopes and research papers all the time.

“Doctor Kim.” The person behind him called out and Suho jumped in his seat, a hand going up to rub against his eyelids so he could come off as sleepy.

“Yes, Doctor Park.” He answered, turning to look at the man who called him. “Sorry, I was dozing off. The pressure here does that to you.” He tried joking.

Doctor Park was the head of the research team. He was the one who was able to create the antidote from the dying lady back on the ship. Suho had great respect for him because he was madly brilliant and Suho had also read all his research papers.

“The sub is reaching it’s destination in two days, I wanted to see if you want to permanently work for me when we get back onto the ship. You’re one great scientist.”

Suho beamed, for a moment forgetting that he would never take the offer. This was his lifelong dream, if there were no zombies around. He gave Doctor Park a smile and nodded.

“Of course, sir. It would be an honor.” He accepted the offer to just know how it would feel like to maybe be in line to work with one of the greatest researchers in East Asia. “

“Good. I’m glad you accept. I guess I’ll have to tell Doctor Shin that she won’t be working for me and will be transferred as soon as we get back to the ship.” Doctor Park said, winking at him. Suho immediately felt bad, knowing Doctor Shin had been working for Doctor Park for over a decade. Here he was, stealing her spot when he wasn’t even going to be around. He opened his mouth to say something but was cut off.

“Doctor Shin is good, but she’s not as good as you. Too emotional.” Doctor Park said it, his lips pursing together as if he got a bad taste in his mouth. “Anyway, Doctor Kim. Since you’ll be working with me, remember, the most important number in this room is pie. I love pie.”

Suho’s eyes flickered over the older man with confusion and he couldn’t help but fake a smile. With an exit, Doctor Park waved him goodbye before leaving the room. Suho spent more time in the lab before getting bored.

That was when he decided to pay a visit to Chen.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Yoora sashayed down the hall. The men had been talking to her and though it was an ego boost, she grew tired of it, her mind always straying to someone else. As she reached the roo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter