Over

They're Zombies, We're Survivors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

They’re Zombies, We’re Survivors Season 2 Chapter 12

                           Being in an apocalypse had always made everyone see a different side every time they had to face something new. The hardships have allowed them to bond through each strengths and weaknesses. Luhan was very loud at what he was good at, jumping and crawling and being blessed with stealth. Sehun, however, was never given the opportunity to show the side of him he had always grew up with. Being in such a political household, he knew how to hold his ground. He knew how to speak to show dominance. He knew how to make sure that they would never get the short end of the deal.

And lastly, he knew how to act.

And this was a show to Sehun, the suit his costume. The pressed suit, of course, wasn’t his. It was a good coincidence that the real lawyer was as tall as he was, the suit seemingly made for him when he put it on. Sehun turned to the people in front of him, jutted his chin out, his eyes blazing with fiery ambition.

“I’m Shaun Cavendish.” He began to speak, nailing the british accent he had learned from watching Harry Potter movies since he was a child. “Mr. Lewis… Ouch!”

Luhan had stepped on his feet, Sehun turning to look at his lover who was glaring at him before remembering that he wanted a cool nickname. His pupils shifting, he tried to remember who he thought was cool when he was child. Finally getting a name, he stepped to the side to introduce Luhan properly.

“Mr. Lewis Hitler.” To Sehun, by studying the political history of the world, he had managed to idolize those who were in the industry. While most people adored cartoons, he loved reading books on war. While Luhan wasn’t happy with the name he was given because he was expecting something along the lines of ‘Tom Brady’. The expression on his face, however, had suited the given situation. 

“I’m Mr. Lewis’ lawyer.” He gave Mr. Min a nod before lifting up the suitcase. “Let us proceed to the negotiations?” He questioned, quirking up an eyebrow. “Mr. Lewis here is not fond of stolen time.”

Sehun knew he could’ve spoken Korean, but the English seemed to throw Mr. Min off who was flailing for a translator. Like his father would say, people are scared of the unknown—and that included languages. He raised a hand before speaking to Mr. Min in fluent Korean. “I can speak korean. A translator is not needed.” He reassured.

‘Did you know he could speak such good english?” Kai whispered to Kris who shook his head. “I have heard him speak to Lilnugget before but it always seemed half assed and broken.”

Sehun and Luhan were now nearer to the cage, their voices no longer audible to the rest, the maknae sitting down just to open the briefcase. He did it so naturally, balancing the briefcase on his lap while he muttered to himself and sorted out the papers. With a tsk, he closed back the briefcase and set it down on the floor.

“I hope you know that contracts do not have any binding power at a time like this.” He let out a sigh, glancing over to the cage. “We also know that money doesn’t have any power, but assets do.”

Sehun lowered down his voice so only Mr. Min could here him. “Let’s say, you give us just the little girl and we give you a submarine?”

The way Mr. Min’s eyes widened showed immediate greed and Sehun knew that he would be suspicious about his offer. Of course, he’d never give Mr. Min the submarine—first off, he didn’t own it. Secondly, he also had no money so that was the only fake offer he could think of. Luhan leaned to the side before whispering to Sehun.

“You look so hot right now.” Luhan drawled before leaning back, resuming his seat. Sehun cleared his throat, nodding to Luhan before talking to Mr. Min like Luhan had just told him to relay a message.

“My boss here wants to make an offer. We’ll leave one submarine here. Of course, I think you’ve heard we’ve arrived in a different sub from the team that was offered to us by the Golden Goose Ship. The other ship is filled with a lab and a control center, you’ll be able to use it for your travels. Luha- Uh, Mr. Lewis here, would like to have some time with the little girl before we agree to buy her though.”

Mr. Min was now suspicious. The greed had disappeared and was replaced with doubt. “Where would you want to spend time with her. And why only the little girl and not all of them? I need transparency for this deal to work out.” He waved a chubby hand to Sehun, who had already thought of the ideal lie to say.

“I understand your lack of trust, Mr. Min. But Mr. Lewis here is looking to adopt a little girl. We have a lot of people on the ship similar to these people. We call them The Unchanged—those who get bitten but do not become the undead.” Sehun leaned back and faked a sigh. “Mr. Lewis here has lost a daughter to the virus. He has not found a single Korean, around her age that has the gene. If he were to adopt a child, she would be one who would be safe from this epidemic.”

Luhan faked a sob, covering his eyes with his hands as his shoulders moved up and down. A wail erupted from him and Mr. Min raised a hand before ordering one of the guys to get a tissue. Sehun stopped him, pulling out a handkerchief before handing it to Luhan, patting him on the shoulder gingerly.

“That’s enough now.” Sehun whispered through gritted teeth.

“Shut up. He’s watching.” Luhan mumbled.

“So, what’s happening? You interview the little girl, treat this as your orphanage and when you agree to take her, I have a submarine?!” Mr. Min squealed and Sehun jerked his head back at the sound, trying not to make a face. He had to be professional.

“Yes. We want her in a room. Oh, and… I need a few people from the team there.” He paused. “For protection.” Luhan kicked Sehun on the knee, the younger one turning to look at him with confusion before realization swept through his features. “Uh, my boss also wants some cocktail.”

 

Baekyoung had prepared himself for the worse, the small backpack Chen had given him strapped to his back. The plan was to leave first with Chanyeol, Yixing, and Suho to scout the place out so he could tell the others which way to go. He also had to keep the group small so they could go around unnoticed, Baekyoung hoping that Baekhyun and the rest would be able to make it.

“Hyung.” Chanyeol said as he popped his head in and Baekyoung raised an eyebrow in surprise. Well, the fear of death really does change people, he thought. Chanyeol calling him ‘Hyung’ was definitely something he wasn’t used to, though it wasn’t the right time to relish the moment.

“….’Sup?” He asked and Chanyeol walked in to show that he was holding the same backpack that Chen had given him.

“Yixing hyung said we should go now. He had hacked into the camera’s and no one’s around.” Chanyeol replied, Baekyoung still taken aback by the sudden honorifics. “We should leave, really soon.”

“Of course. Let’s go then. Call Suho, we’ll look around. You ready?” Chanyeol had nodded back and Baekyoung turned around to the shelf behind him before looking at the display of guns in front of him. “I’ve chosen some guns. Take two. But do hide it.”

Chanyeol nodded obediently, accepting two pistols Baekyoung had given him before putting one in his backpack. Baekyoung did the same, wedging the gun under his clothes before reaching down to tighten his pants. He looked up to see Chanyeol looking at him weirdly.

“Chanyeol.” He said, Chanyeol suddenly snapping back to reality. “Everything okay?”

Chanyeol nodded back, his lips. He looked weirdly drained but then, so did everyone.

“I’m fine, hyung. I just have a feeling… like something really bad will happen.”

Baekyoung nodded but didn’t say anything. Because deep down at the pit of his stomach; he too, felt like something bad will happen.

Kris was waiting for this day, pacing around the room with Kai, Tao, Sehun and Luhan. Luhan was sipping his cocktail lazily, happy that the plan worked out until now. What was left was how they were going to go out, but Luhan knew better to enjoy than worry. When Sehun had told Mr. Min that they wanted people from his team for security, he chose his friends and quickly they were told to go to another room to wait.

Kris could hardly contain his excitement, wringing his hands with overwhelming anxiety. What if they decide not to give her to them? What if something went wrong and they run into Baekyoung’s team and decide to kill her instead? Kris could not keep imagining bad possibilities that could happen, Sehun getting annoyed at him.

“Hyung, she’ll be fine. They’ll bring her here. Now stand by the door and pretend to be my bodyguard. Stop pacing around.” Sehun said, pointing over to the door. Kris found his legs following Sehun’s demand and as he stood by the door, it opened and walked in his daughter with another man. Kris did all he could to stop himself from jumping to her and hugging her.

Luhan turned to Sehun who took cue, turning to the man before telling him to leave. “We need privacy.” Sehun said, trying to be as persuasive as possible. “You put her in a cage, she’s probably scared of you. We want to talk to her without any fear as a factor. Her interactions with us are important so Mr. Lewis can make a decision.”

He didn’t need to be told twice, the man leaving the room and closing the door behind him. It took half a minute for Kris to run over his daughter, his arms engulfing her thin frame as he swept her onto her feet. He could feel her tremble and a part of him knew that she couldn’t process what was happening.

“Papa.” She spoke and Kris felt his heart soar at the sound of her voice. He could hear her speak and it just made the whole experience surreal. “I’m here. It’s okay.”

“Okay.” Kris murmured, not willing to let her go just yet when he knew he had to start moving. With all his energy, he pulled away to introduce her to his friends when he saw them looking at her with the same expressions they had when they first met Lilnugget.

“Yifan, she’s cute. Must have gotten her looks from her mother, eh?” Luhan joked, sipping on the cocktail. “Her name was something Mei in Chinese… Should I call you Xiao Mei?” He asked Kris’ daughter, winking at her. She stared at him, her eyes not blinking and Luhan had to look away.

“And she obviously gets her energy from you.” Luhan said under his breath, uncomfortably.

“You can call her Lily. Her Chinese name is Meixing though... She’s 8.”

“That’s around the same age as Lilnugget, no?” Kai asked, still keeping his distance from the child.

Tao shrugged, “I don’t even know how old Lilnugget is. She just looks 8.”

Sehun was already having a staring competition with Lily who had her big eyes on him. It wasn’t filled with menace but more of curiousity while Sehun was simply fueled by his competitive spirit. Luhan slapped Sehun’s arm to which he ignored until suddenly, an alarm sounded.

The ringing was loud and high pitched, everyone covering their eyes at the sudden signal. Kris’ naturally pulled Lily closer to him when he realized something.

“Guy’s, we have to leave. Now. They realized we’re here.” Kris said, taking off his bulletproof vest before putting it on his daughter. He adjusted his gun and picked her up in one swift move.

“It could be anything else.” Tao interjected, but already on his legs; alert and ready to fight.

“We forgot to check the room for camera’s.”

Automatically, everyone looked around the room and saw the two camera’s on the wall facing them.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter