2 Architecture

Designing love

The tables were clean, the bar stools aligned and the 'Open' viewable from outside. Daehyun would be here in any minutes. Seconds. My heart was beating like crazy. I saw the luxuary car from last week parked.

The door opened revealing Daehyun, his suitcase in hand and his polite, charming smile on his face. His suit was blue and this time, he didn't wear a tie, but the firsts buttons of his white shirt were open. I admit he was very very hot. I wonder if he did this on purpose. The guy knew he was hot, still, he made himself more desirable. Why there weren't people like that in univ? At least, there were some quite decent guys. Especially one who caught my eyes the first day of school. But that's not the subject. We were talking about the y man in front of me.

He greeted me, seated at the same place on the counter. I gave him my best smile.

"Hi Daehyun, what will you order? A black coffee?" He frown like he did last time and nodded.

"It's curious, I don't remember telling you my name." Oh I forgot, I called him by his name. I hope he wasn't mad. It was only our second meeting, I would try not to up. Especially if I want to have conversations with him and make him confortable enough to say more than 'hello' to me.

"Oh I asked Jongup about... The regular costumers. Yeah. That's it" He nodded and reported his attention on his phone. I sigh silently, he bought it. And it was not totally a lie, I did ask Jongup, I didn't guess by myself. I was not a mind reader. I wanted to ask him questions not too private about him, but his phone rang. I didn't listen to the conversation, I'm well mannered. But he looked angry at someone. He was not shouting, his voice was calm, but you could hear the irritation in it. When he hang up, he muttered something like 'paid for nothing'. He pulled some cash from his wallet and mumbled a 'Keep the change' before leaving. He was hot but rude. Not even a goodbye or a smile. This call probably killed his good mood. I would have to wait another week before talking to him. I waited for this wednesday to come impatiently, hoping to know more about him, and a stupid caller had to mess up everything.

 

"I don't understand, how can he be so... distant and nice at the same time. I mean it's like he likes you as in appreciate your presence, but doesn't care about you at the same time. It's not logical ?" Junhong was supposed to help me with Daehyun’s behavior, but he was as confused as I was. Men were so complicated nowaday. 

"Jun giving tips doesn't necessarily mean being nice, it's being polite" I stated.

"Yes but twenty dollars twice, excuse me but it's being nice." I sigh, maybe he was right and Daehyun was nice, but he was rude.

"How do you explain his behavior ? It was impolite" I said. Junhong looked at me like I was crazy.

"Jae, one person in two say hello and goodbye when he leaves or enters somewhere. Why do you care so much when it's Daehyun ?" A tint of red colors my cheeks. Why did I care so much about someone I only met twice? And the reason was stupid.

"I don't" I defend myself.

"I think we can't blame him for his behavior. It's because of the call, he was angry after all." I nodded at that. My friend was right, it was not like he was mad at me for anything, it was not like he disrespect me or did something innapropriate. I was really making a big deal of nothing. "After more times in your presence he would talk with you more easily".

"Maybe, you're right, I'll talk with him when we'll know each other better." I said more to myself.

"Because you really planned on knowing him more than a costumer?"  He teased.

"No I just want to... know him like a regular customer. You know a friend at the coffee shop." I said trying to sound convincing. That was what I really want after all... I think... Right? What more can I be involve with him? 

"Yeah of course" Replied my friend a knowing smile on his face.

 

"Jongup, what do you know about Daehyun?" The café was about to close so we had to clean up. We had our shift together this night. One of the busiest of the week, but I liked when we work together. It was less boring, Jongup was so funny.

"I only know his full name is Jung Daehyun, he has a car and he is always single. Nothing interesting. Why ?" Indeed it was not interesting at all. Excepted his full name, maybe I can find some things about him on the net.

"Nothing I was just wondering why he was so secret." When I say secret I didn't mean he was hiding something or anything. Just why he was that discret. Maybe he didn't trust people for a reason.

"Told you he was not talkative. He came in the café even before I work here and I still don't know more than what I told you." If since all this years he didn't learn about him, how I, who just work here could know more than that? How can I start a conversation with him?

I wrote Jung Daehyun on the net and waited for the results. Since he was a businessman (well I assume he was, he was wearing suit and tie the two times I saw him) there would surely be a company or something with his name.

And I won't be surprised. Jung Daehyun, 25, architect, single. He has his own company of architecture. Studied and graduate in school of Architecture in New York. His parents are still alive. He is an only child and that's all. There was a small biography but not really important in my opinion. I already found what I needed. There was his professional number too but it was useless. I was not a stalker. I had enough info. "Now let's do some research about architecture" I said typing on the web. Let's see if I can be as interested as he would probably be. Going as far as New York to study something, he must really love his job. Well architecture in his case.

-------------------------------- ---------------------------------------

"Hi Daehyun!" He nodded and gave me his usual polite smile in return. I think I'm getting used to this. And I liked it a lot. This smile only for me.

"The usual?" I asked like I did this all my life, and like his hotness didn't have effect on me.

"The usual" He answered his smile on. I served him his drink and while he was busy with I didn't know what, I pretended to read a magazine about home design or something like that. It was beautiful, but I couldn't understand a single word. From the corner of my eye, I saw he was trying to see what I was reading. I think my idea is working.

"Are you interested in design?" He asked me not really sure. I smile from ear to ear. He noticed something. I couldn't describe how I felt inside. I wanted to jump and tell him everything I learned about the subject the day I searched for informations about him. Without telling him the last details.

"Yes I am, it's one of my passions. I often visit churches or old buildings of the old baroque art for example. When I will have my own house, I will call an architect." I invented the baroque thing. I just heard about it once, but it was enough to impress Daehyun. His expression was priceless. It was as if I told him something great. Like a kid who opened his door to find a birthday party surprise. If it would be the case, I would be the birthday cake. What the was I thinking, I didn't know Daehyun that well to imagine things like this and I already had my eyes on someone. 

He leaned on the bar counter, his head was nearly touching mine. I was red, thankfully because of the position, he couldn't see it.

"Can I ?" He asked pointing out the magazine.

"Of course" I turned it so that both of us could read. I heard him talking to himself when something interested him.

"This Romanic arcatures are amazing." Thanks internet. "Look at this abacus." He was stunned by the vocabulary I used, but he seemed pleased by my interest in architecture. He replied with expressions I didn't know, but pretended to understand everything. He would never imagine a second I could be interested in this kind of things. It was like THE coincidence.

"The method they used is really precise. There is nearly no default." He said quietly, his finger following something only he could understand. He was so concentrated on the magazine, I realized it was the first time I was that close to him. He smelled like men's fragrance. It was hypnotizing. I wanted to bury my nose in his neck. "Youngjae, I have to go. Is it okay if I lend you that?" He asked me the magazine in hand. He remember my name I can't believe it. Oh yeah, the nametag.

"Yeah no problem, I'll finish it later." I assured him. It was not like I would read it for real though. Even if it cost me a lot. I should offered him the magazine maybe. He would like me more. Why did I care about him liking me? I just wanted to have a good relationship with regular costumers.

"Thank you, at what time does your shift end tomorrow?" He asked me his lips, unsure. Why did he do that to me? his lips like this, like in slow motion. Did he want to kill me that early in the morning? I was not entirely, completely awake, and this guy was already awaking all my senses. Seriously mister architect, don't you have mercy on hormonal pre adult? Okay I really sound crazy now.

"8 P.M" I quickly answered. I now sound desperate. What would he think of me after that?

"Perfect, I'll give it back tomorrow night. Have a good day Youngjae" He said with his usual smile. I wanted to tell him he didn't have to come just to give me the magazine, but I won't miss an opportunity to see him. I waited each wednesdays impatiently, I would not let this chance slip. No ing way. 

"Bye Daehyun." I finally replied before he passed the door.

 

"Wow it really worked" Junhong thought I would be unable to memorize the vocabulary. If I can remember my school notes, I can remember four simple words. It was not that complicated after all. The most difficult was to know when using the words. It was architecture we were talking about, not the usual type of conversation. Until now, it worked. I would have to learn more words to use with Daehyun. And maybe even buying magazines.

"I can't believe it neither." I would see Daehyun a day which is not Wednesday and it was his idea. He wanted to see me. I was fan girling boying about my meeting with him. I would have to choose carefully my clothes. Maybe something a bit more revealing. What am I thinking? I am only 17 and already trying to seduce an adult. It's not like I do it all the time anyway. There was just something about Daehyun which made me want to know always more. It was weird since he didn't talk a lot. It was not like he was selling me dreams or anything, it was just... I don't know.

"Youngjae, you behave like those girls at school?" Said Junhong with a disgusted face. I knew it but I couldn't control myself

"I know, I feel like it right now"