6 The confrontation

Designing love

I thought about how would react Daehyun when he would see me. Maybe he would run away seeing me here. No, he was a coward, but not at that point. He was still a man after all. Would he be happy? sad? surprise for sure. As for me, I was so disappointed by his attitude. He was acting like a guy who broke up with his girl by message. But worse, he didn't even text me. I shouldn't 'greet' him like this though. He could see me then backing up before even opening the glass door of the café. I should probably hide until he reached the counter. Or back facing the... Too late.

I pretended to tie my shoes until I heard the creak of the stool. He must be at his usual spot. I got up silently. As expected, he didn't see me immediately.

"Same black coffee right!?" I said like it was my usual routine. He seemed really shocked to see me. Was I that unexpected? "Wow you look happy to see me Daehyun." I prepared his drink without waiting for any answer. I was pissed now.

"You're not supposed to work Friday morning?" That was all he had to say at that moment? So he really was avoiding me. I knew it, but hearing it from him directly hurt me.

"I know, but this is the only way to see you" I hope it made him feel guilty for ignoring me all this time. That would have save him from this, but now he was stuck with me until I have my answers.

"I'm sorry" I gave him his cup of coffee and sat on the bar stool next to him. This was time for real explanations. The moment we would define our relationship. Well in my case. Even tho that was not why I was here at first. I would have to convince him hard knowing Daehyun.

"One time you propose me to help you with your new task and the other, you disappear and avoid me" I told him "Did I do something wrong ?" I asked, even if I knew the reason, thanks to my best friend.

"Don't take it personally, I have to keep my distance." He said avoiding my gaze. 

"But I can't stay away from you Daehyun, I like you." I shout a bit. He shook the head, like he wanted to erase my words.

"I like you too, that's why we can't see each other. It's illegal." He said insisting on each syllabes on the last word, after checking if anybody was around. Junhong was right, but now I had to convince Daehyun to try.

"It's illegal by the law, but it's not bad. I like you, you like me. And just because of stupid numbers we can't be together?" That was ridiculous. I was big enough to make my own decision.

"You're young, gorgeous and very intelligent. I'm sure you can have anybody of your age."  Like he was not listening what I was saying before. He was really difficult, even his compliments didn't affected me with how desperate I was.

"I don't want anybody but you" I insisted, trying my best to make him understand how serious I was. I never been so sure about my feelings for someone.

"You still have a lot of things to see before throwing yourself in a serious relationship Youngjae." He explained like I was a kid.

"I take the risk"

"I can't take you your innocence..."

"DAEHYUN STOP TALKING LIKE YOU'RE ING SIXTY YEARS OLD" He jumped, nearly falling from his seat. If I listened to him, I was trying to date a grandpa. He was shock I shouted at him like that. "You ignore me like a stupid immature kid, and now you try playing the adult asking me to think, no, re think my decision. Are you for real?" I said more calmly.

"Listen, I'm letting you more time to think about it. You're not ready." He replied, ignoring my complaining.

"I already thought about it, I think about it everyday. About you. What can I do to prove that to you." I took his hand in mine.

"Think" He just said, squeezing my hand. 

"It's already decided Daehyun, I want you." He put the money for his drink on the counter and walked to the door.

"Think more." Was the last thing he said.

 

"What a sad love story, at least he answers your texts now." Whispered Junhong.

"But still he refuses to see me" I said with a pout when the teacher turned over. "I really like him, but I want to kill him right now."

"Maybe he fears you parents' reaction." 

"No I don't think that. He is just scare because it's illegal you know. " He must be the type who never go against the law. 

"Be patient, trust me. It will be over soon." Insisted my friend. 

"What do you mean by over?" Did he want me to move on ? Maybe he had enough of me always talking about Daehyun. It would be understandable.

"You still can seduce him. Or just make him crack since he already is seduce." 

"I told you, he does not want to see me yet" At least he would come back the wednesday.

"He'll come back to you. Just wait."

"Why are you so sure you don't even know him?" "My friend was so positive unlike me.

"With the description you made of him, I'm sure he will." He shrugged.

"I hope so" I took a look at the time. ", this damn bell isn't ringing, I'm gonna be late." I hope my watch is ahead of time.

"Oh Jongup won't say anything" He answered nonchalantly.

"Only if you come with me?" 

"No way."

"Please"

 

I was late, Jongup would kill me. At least, I brought Junhong along. The sorry gift.

"Youngjae did you see the time, you're... Oh hey Junhong you're here." What was I saying. Oddly I was on time now.

"I'm sorry Jongup, Jun was talking with our Prof and I waited for him because he absolutely wanted to come." What a liar.

"Really you wanted to come ?" He completely forgot about my lateness, and he didn't look at me once. Even when I told him my excuse

"Of course yes, I wanted to see you."Junhong pinched my hips. Jongup blushed at the confession.

"I let you two together, I'm gonna change." 

"Come on Junhong I make you a hot chocolate." Nice. They ignored me.

 

"Mr Jung, do you want to postpone the meeting ?" All eyes were on him waiting for an answer, was he that out ? It was not professional and he hated it. It never happened before.

"I think it would be wise Madam." His friend Yongguk answered for him. The school director just nodded. 

Daehyun knew it was a risk to act that unprofessional in front of the biggest project of his career. He just couldn't pretend, he was not in for the moment. He had to pull himself together, work and private life are different things.

"I'm sorry miss, It's just I have so much ideas coming into my head at the same time. "Lied Daehyun after shaking the woman's hand. "I can let you some sketches if you want." He did have the sketches tho.

"Put it on my office I'll take a look; please." Daehyun did as said.

Once they were all gone, Yongguk turned to him. Yongguk was normally not in design, he was into music, but Daehyun’s assistant was sick so he accepted to replaced him for the meeting.

"Wanna talk bout it ?" 

"Whatcha talkin bout?" He pretended not to understand.

"You're weird bro, come on, tell me the prob." Insisted the older. He knew his friend would give up and tell him everything. They were best friends after all.

"I don't think I can. I mean, I'm a bit ashamed of it" he rubbed his neck red of embarrassment.

"Being friend with you I saw a lot of things, trust me. Come on you can tell." Yongguk put a reassuring hand on his shoulder to encourage him.

"Promise me nothing will change after that, you won't see me differently" Yongguk started to panic in his head but try to act like it didn't affect him that much.. It was probably something really bad he thought.

"Man you're worrying me. Spit." Did his friend killed someone or what ? Daehyun took a good breath with determination.

"I'm in love with a 17 years old boy Yongguk." Whispered Daehyun like he did a horrible crime. Yongguk bounced back abruptly.

"Are you serious man ?" He screamed.

"I told you, I'm horrible." Daehyun hide his face in his hands.

"Man I thought you committed a murder, you're so stuck bro." Yongguk sigh of relief.

"What ? Did you hear me ?" Daehyun kindled.

"Yes I did and you're stupid. When I met Himchan, he was only 16 and I was 20. Now I'm 29 and we're still together. Do you think I'm a bad person?" Yongguk talked a lot about Himchan, but Daehyun never met him.

"It's not the same, the gap was not that important." He tried to find an excuse "And of course you're not bad." 

"we don't give a damn about that Daehyun, it's not like you're attracted to young boys, it's only a boy." Daehyun couldn't help but feel dirty for being attracted to a teenager.

"He is young, he would like to drink, clubbing and all this stuff. I would be too boring for him." He was afraid for himself too, not only their differences.

"You know being in couple change a lot. Before meeting me, Himchan was the party guy, That's how we met, I was DJ-ing. But after some times together, he himself concentratred more on our love story than before. Being in couple made him mature. He stopped drinking, clubbing and all by himself, I didn't ask him to. Sometime, I'm the one asking him to go to the club with me." 

"I don't know. People are all different."

"I never saw you in love since her, try at least." Insisted Yongguk with a convincing tone. He wanted to avoid that subject, but Daehyun really needed a kick in the .

"How did you do with Himchan, when people asked about you ?" Asked Daehyun.

"For that ? In front of people we were friends, but in private..." He said in an implied way. "You're lucky, we had to hide about 2 years, for you it's a bit less than a year." Yongguk was right, it was really nothing. It could work.

"Maybe I should try. I'll talk to him about this." He said firmly.

"That's the best solution for both of you. If it makes you in this state, it means you really like him."

 

Junhong was visiting the coffee shop while Youngjae was who knows where. He wanted to do something, but he needed Jongup for that. He was there since a good moment, but he didn't know what do begin with.

"Jongup do you know when will Daehyun come?"  He asked concentrated on his school planning.

"Daehyun? He comes everymorning." Frown Jongup "Why, do you like him?" He added with jealousy.

"What ?? I never saw him, how can I like him?" Replied Junhong. Jongup discretly sigh of relief. "I'll need you to help me recognize him. I need to talk to this old man."

"Oh okay no problem, I'm your man" Said proudly the waiter; happy to help his crush.

"Yeah and please, don't say anything to Youngjae. I'm doing this for him."  Jongup only nodded. He didn't want to be involve in people's business. He was not the type anyway. "Do you want to go on a date, like this weekend ?" Asked the younger. He knew Jongup wanted it, and that made him happy. He kind of liked him too.

"I... Yeah okay." Stuttured Jongup.

"Good, I got ya number." Winked Junhong.