5 Missing him

Designing love

"Seriously I can't believe it. The boy you have a crush on since forever asks you out and you reject him. Really Jae I don't understand." There was nothing to understand, I lost interest in him that's all. He should have been quicker, I liked him since a long already, now I like someone else. He missed his chance "And stop checking you're phone, it will not make it ring" Sadly. It was making me cray.

"I have no sign of Daehyun since Saturday, he didn't even get his coffee this morning. Something is wrong." I texted him many times and tried to call but he answered none of it. I was not wrong when I said it sounded like farewell when he told me goodbye.

"Don't worry about him Jae, he is a man he can take care of himself." That was not what bothered me, but the fact he was ignoring me.

"But you don't understand. It was so perfect this weekend. It can't end like that."

"I understand more than you think. He is a 25 architect, you are a 17 student. He's freakin out." It didn't made sense, we were just friends. Maybe I considered him more than a friend but he didn't know that. "Remember when you talk about his penetrating gaze or the 'You're mature' thing. This man likes a boy. That's why he freaks out."

"Are you sure? He always keep some distance between us." When I'm with him, we're so close but so far at the same time.

"One he likes you, that's why he asked you on a date. Two he has to keep some distance between you, you're underage. And three, you like him too, that's why you rejected the one you always considered as your prince charming." Junhong was right. Wait no. Maybe.

"It was not a date." Except that, the rest was right.

"He invited you in a restaurant, it was a date."

"A friendly date" I corrected him.

"A date is a date anyway." He shrugged. 

"You finally admit that you like him uh !?" He remarked. I nodded slowly.

"What can I do now?" I wanted to see him, at least talking with him. I needed to clear some points you can say. I didn't like being ignore like that, he was the adult damnit.

"Your colleague, Jongup. Did he saw Daehyun this week?" I didn't ask him. "Maybe he avoided you so he didn't come Wednesday, but he came the other days." It would be so immature if that was the case.

"What can I do about it?"

"Ask Jongup if you can replace him a morning, and you confront Daehyun. I'll take school notes for you." Good idea, my best friend was really the best.

"Thank you Jun you're the best." I hugged him with all my strength.

"I would never think you will be into old men." Daehyun was not old.

"25 is a correct age and I'm not into old men, I'm just not into boys." With a man, I would not have childish fights.

"You're ex was your age." My ex was a ert .

"He was only interested in . Do you know teenagers hormones!? With a man, I'm save from this."

"What about your ex crush?" He asked me. Ex crush, it was weird to say that. Well it was the case anyway.

"I don't like him anymore that's all" I defended myself.

"What does the old man have that this young boys don't have? Abs?" He asked me, not understanding my new 'preference' in love.

"Well he does have more abs than all guys I know, but that's not what I like about him. You can't understand, you never met him." Daehyun was so captivating by his presence only.

"Yeah, maybe I should ask Jongup out." 

"You should, he keeps asking me when you come."

"I know, I think he is addict to me, you know it's quite hard to resist me. I'm happy to be me, otherwise I would have to me" My weird best friend said. I didn't understand everything he said, but it was not important. One of Junhong's narcissistic speech. I learnt to ignore him in one this moments

"I swear you sound like Himchan years ago." When my brother was younger, he was so obsessed with himself. Being an adult really change him hopefully. 

"I'm just stating the truth." 

"Ugh I would never date a narcissistic like you." I .

"Why, I'm not old enough !?" He said with a mischievous smirk. I didn't like when he said that, and he knew it.

"You're not mature enough"

"Like I would date a girl like you anyway"

"I'm not a girl." I punched him saying that.

"Ouch, I take it back, you're not a girl. My arm ing hurts" He hissed. I was not muscled like most of men, but I have strenght. "Maybe you should hit Daehyun like this in the balls so that he will listen to you."

"First I have to actually see him before talking and hit him." It was logical.

"Do you know where he lives?" There was not his address on the net.

"No I don't, but I'll keep your idea of working another morning of the week" This was the best idea he had.

"I'm sure it'll work" He said sure of himself. When it was his plan, he was always sure. Well I never saw one of it fail until today tho.

"If you say so"

 

My father was back from a business trip, he was gone not even a full week, but It felt good to eat in family again.

I didn't tell my parents about Daehyun. I didn't know how they would react. Daehyun was a professional man, the type to always wear suit to work. Lots of business men are married but have mistress more younger than them. I didn't want my parents to think he was like that without the married part. They would think he is a ic or some like that. They're not judging people but well...

"Dad, if I date someone, what is the maximum age he can have ?" I asked like it was just a random question.

"I don't know, 21 seems to be good, what do you think love?" He asked my mother.

"Like you 21"

"I think the age is not that important. As long as there is love." Himchan wasn't bother by the age difference. I should ask him advices.

"I think age is important Himchan, I don't want to see my baby boy with a thirty years old man."

"Youngjae is not you're baby boy dad, he's a growing boy. What's the problem of loving someone much older. Just the number?" I should have kept my mouth close. They were fighting because of me. Even Yongguk didn't know what to do. I think he wanted to calm Himchan but since he agreed with what he was saying, he let him finish.

"It was just a question, I'm not dating anyone, calm." I decided to chill the mood.

"Good" Said firmly my father. I really wonder how he would react if eventually, things happen and I bring Daehyun. He would like him. Just a good talk and done, they're good.

"But just for you to remember, when Yongguk and me began dating, I was underage and he was not, we had to wait some times before telling you about us." Added my big brother. At the beginning, my parents (especially my dad) didn't approve of my brother and his boyfriend's relationship. That's when they realize how serious it was between them that they gave them a chance.

"It is not the same, he was 20. After that it's too old"  Tried my father, but Himchan didn't want to give up. He was right after all, it was the same.

"Yes but I was 16, Youngjae is on his 18." Another point for Himchan.

"Okay, well since he is not 18, he won't date old men. End of the discussion." I had enough of this bull. Daehyun was not an old man. It was like hearing Junhong. I asked the permission to leave, I was not hungry anymore. I left the living room to rest in my bedroom. The only place I could think straight. But the loneliness made me think, and the only one in my head right now was Daehyun. I missed him so much. Wednesday was always a day I waited with eagerness for one reason. Now I felt kind of empty not seeing him. I should have take a selca of us in the garden of roses. It would have been so beautiful. And I would have show Junhong the photo, he would see how hot and not old he is. I want to see my man so bad right now. 

I called Jongup so tomorrow I'm supposed to have his morning shift the first hour like we would do the Wednesday. In exchange, I promise Junhong would be there a whole week. Of course he accepted. It was not like he would refuse anyway. Seriously, I would work at his place while he could rest. It was a gift I was giving him. Junhong was just a plus.

I was reading my night book to change my mind when someone knocked on the door of my room. Bothering me from my love sap of book.

"Come in" Himchan entered smiling and sat on the bed.

"You're okay?"

"Just tired but yeah"

"So you're attracted to older men ?" He asked with a mocking smile. He was in the same case so I knew I could trust him.

"Just one. Don't smile like that you're weird." I pushed him slightly.

"You know our parents will become crazy with us bro" He joked. "How old ?"

"25" He was reassure, there was a chance the parents would accept him. I didn't heard of him but here I was, sounding like I was sure we would be a couple.

"it's not that old, it's my age. Are you two..."

"No we're not a couple. I don't even know if he likes me" What if he rejects me knowing I don't know anything about architecture.

"I'm sure he does. You're amazing and beautiful. And you're my brother." He said full of himself. I would like to be as optimistic as him.

"Thanks Himchan, there was something between us, I could feel it. I hope you're right" Since he moved out with Yongguk, we couldn't talk like we used to with my brother. But knowing he was always there for me and I could count on him, was reassuring.

"Let me know the progress alright?"

"No problem"

Himchan will be the second to know how are Daehyun and I (if we would end together or not). Junhong will be the first, he helped me the most and I was pratically 24/7 with him. If my best friend is right, Daehyun does have feelings for me. If not he wouldn't have disapear. I mean an adult and soon to be adult being friend was not something bad. And he could be mistaken for my brother. If he avoid contact with me, it's clearly because he likes me. I'm not that stupid right !? I can think. Anyway, I'm ready to work a morning for the man, so he better come and stop ignoring me. If only he knows what it takes me to wake up early and work early. Worst, waking up and working early when your class start quite late the morning. Which means I sacrifice a part of my sleepy time for him. Only for that he shall ask me to marry him. And I'm damn serious, I will tell him that one day. If I can convince him to date me. I will probably sound like my brother and my best friend, but he will be lucky if he does end with me.