4 A friendly date

Designing love

Daehyun said he would text me when he would be there. Me, the not morning guy, woke up like at 8 a.m to get ready. I was biting my nails, my phone on the other hand. I was an impatient person after all. I got dressed and fresh a hour ago, right red shirts with white skinny jeans and red low top sneakers. I tried to stay simple but well dressed at the same time. I just need a cardigan just in case. I looked at myself in the mirror like every second. Until I receive THE message.

From: Daehyun
To: Me
I'm here.

I put my jacket and my messenger bag then let a note to my parents in case they forgot I was supposed to go out. Nobody was home, but I knew my mom only work the morning the saturday. I locked the door before walking to Daehyun who was leaning against the car, typing on his phone. He smiled as soon as he saw me. 

"Hey" He greeted me, taking me in a friendly hug. I responded the hug, my heart beating crazily. I prayed for him not noticing my crazy heartbeats. "Let's go" He said, opening the door for me. What a gentleman.

I enter the vehicle and we go I didn't know where.

"Did you have a good sleep? You're not too tired right?" Asked Daehyun.

"I had a good night thank you and I'm not tired. I was awake since awhile already."

"Oh okay, honestly I felt bad for taking you out a week end when you could rest." He confessed. He was so cute, worry about me. How many men were like him? Zero.

"If you didn't have asking me to come, I would be bored since nobody's home." I said without mentionning I would have spend my day with my best friend. Maybe it would give him the idea of taking me out every week end. Okay, I was back with my crazy mind.

"Well I'm glad I did. I hope you won't regret it." He said with a side smile. 

I noticed we left the town, we went through the rural areas. There were wide fields. I never left the capital before. All my family lives in town though.

"Wow where are we going !? I never left Seoul before"

"Seriously, you never came to the coutryside ? Well you'll see, we're near." He answered, keeping a part of mystery. As long as I was with him, he could take me everywhere he wanted to.

He turned to a cozy restaurant which look more like a house. Was it our destination ? It would be great, I didn't eat this morning since he told me he wanted to take me to lunch.

"This is my parents' restaurant" He informed me. He put a hand on my lower back, leading inside the house-like restaurant. Damn, it gave me chills. "They don't work today" He added.

The design inside was really different from outside. It was modern but convivial, not like the places which are just well decorated. This place was house like but with the new design touch. Good taste.

"Wow it's beautiful." I was looking everywhere, the walls, the ceiling, the floor. You won't know where to look.

"Thank you, it's the first place I imagined as architect." He said with a hint of nostalgia. I wonder how he was like younger. "Come on I'm hungry"

"How do you find such inspirations" I asked mouth agape.

"I'll tell you later." He whispered in my ear. Did he know the effect this has on me ?

The location was in the middle of nowhere, however it was full. It must be succesful. The food must be excellent if people go through the rural side to come. I followed Daehyun to the only available table. He must have told his parents he would come. Otherwise, I don't think we would have a table.

"You can take whatever you want, I invited you so I pay." Whatever I wanted with all that crazy food? Did he want to end broke ?

"Are you sure? I mean all the food looks so yummy." My eyes were glued to the menu. I don't remember the last time I went to a restaurant.

"I insist."

After five good minutes wondering about what ordering, Daehyun decided to help me. He ordered nearly everything on the menu. I thought it would be too much, but he ate twice more than me. And I was a good eater.

"Is it good?" He asked me his plate full. Again. I finish the food in my mouth before answering his question I didn't want him to think I'm a pig.

"Yes it's delicious. I'm happy you bring me here Daehyun." He smiled satisfied by my answer.

"I'm happy you accepted to come." I would be crazy to refused. He was such a charming man. How was he even single?

"You know it's the first time I see someone eating more than me. And you're so toned." I said hesitantly. He laughed at my statement.

"You can tell I have good genes." He must have really good genes, because when he was in suit, I could see through his light color shirt. His chest was tone as . Today he was not in suit, but still I could check him out.

I couldn't believe we ate all the food served. He must be sporty to keep his toned body with all the food. I was not muscled but Luckily, I had P.E to keep me in shape.

"We had a nice meal but there's another place I want to show you." He extended a hand that I took without hesitation. I hoped he didn't notice my excitation.

We walked pass the kitchen when he greeted some members of the staff, and to a red door. He took the key in his pocket and opened the door, his other hand still holding mine. 

There was a garden of roses with a fountain in the middle. The mix of different colors of roses made the view hypnotizing. The birds were singing in the field of flowers. It was breathtaking. Like I would imagine the heaven. I left his hand to walk in the garden.

"This is my inspiration, I sit here with my white sheet and wait for the nature to make miracles." He closed his eyes the wind blowing on his face. It was the first time we were standing close to each other as long as now. He was wearing simple beige pants, a white roll up sleeves shirt and mocassins on the same color. The hands in the pockets, he was very manly. Being in the presence of this man made me feel so special.

He turned in my direction and took five steps back so that he was away from me. He looked at me the same way he did when we first met.

"You, in the middle of this field of roses. It's a pleasant sight." He had this deep gaze which was disconcerting.

"Thanks to the roses." I was nothing special compared to this flowers.

"Well you don't know what beautiful is in that case." He said making me blush. He was saying I was beautiful if I'm right. Oh my God, I think Jun is right. I like Daehyun. Each time he touched me, smiled at me or just looked at me, my body reacted by itself. Even my heartbeats accelerated.

We walked around the garden about a hour or more, discovering more about each other. He told me why he was so attached to the Brown house, this is where his last relationship began and sadly ended. He came since he was a student. His ex was so stupid for breaking up with him. It was why he didn't talk a lot, he was still kind of affected by the girl he once loved.

"What about you? What do you want to do when you will be... Older." The last word came out of his mouth with difficult.

"I'm still unsure but I'm really interested in science. Maybe scientist or science teacher."

"I seriously at science but I know it's fascinating, you should continue on this path." He advised me. "We should headed to the town, it's quite far from here." I hope we would have the opportunity to come back here soon.

"As long as you'll take me there again." I kind of suggested. I really wanted to spend more time with him. Thinking I would go home made me sad. I wanted to stay as long as I could with him.

On the way home, we used a different route. He showed me some buildings he achieved. It was incredible to see what a man can do.

"Right now I'm working on an elementary school, I never design this kind of place. It's always excited to have new challenges. If you're concerned about it you can help." I would help him even if I couldn't be useful at all, I couldn't refuse.

"I don't think it can help you but I can't refuse the offer." If it meant spending more time with him, I'm in. "I'll have the occasion of seeing a master at work."

"You mean a big boss." He said jokingly, making me laugh. "Would you mind giving me a tour of your neighborhood ?" He asked me turning the engine off.

"Okay" My home was in a discrete area of the town. The residence opened on a alley of trees and my house was at the end of the aisle. The houses were decorated with plants on the side facing the street.

"You're family house is the most beautiful." He said nodding the head.

"I think that too" I answered playfully. "I often imagine myself with this kind of house but with my personal touch. I would like to have a big house with a lot of kids and a lovely husband." He didn't seem surprised by the husband instead of wife. I did it on purpose to see his reaction but there wasn't any.

"You have big dreams Youngjae. Can I... Ask you your age?" The question we both avoided since the beginning.

"I'm 17, but I'll be 18 in some months" He winced, the head down.

"You're very... Young" He said his left hand on his nape like embarrassed or something similar.

"Did you think I was older?" He was embarrassed (again) by my question.

"I... Honestly I didn't think about your age, I just... Thought and still think you're a mature boy" Why was he so stuck suddenly. "I hope you don't think bad of me for you know... Asking you out when you're... Underage."  I frown. I didn't like when he felt guilty like that.

"No, Why would I ? I would have say no otherwise." 

"Okay" He said calmly. "I have to leave now. The principal of the school wanted to see me."

"A Saturday at 6 p.m?" Even my father who is businessman have never had meetings on Saturday night.

"Yes it must be a last minute change" He ran to his car. "Bye Youngjae." He said without sparing me a glance. Why did it look and sounded like a farewell?

------------------------------------- ---------------------------

"You mean he didn't know you're 17? He must feel so bad now" Exclaimed Junhong.

"I know if only you could have see his head. He was so... Shocked?" I was myself not really sure of his expression, but it was not something I would want to see again. He was like heartbroken or I don't know. Daehyun wasn't really easy to read.

"But you did tell him you'll be 18 soon right!?" Insisted my friend.

"Of course I did, I'm not that stupid." I said with frustration. How a so perfect, beautiful day could end so sadly. I didn't try to contact Daehyun, I wanted him to do it first. But after that goodbye, I had doubt about seeing him again. I really hope I was wrong.