Chapter 2: Childhood Memories

Double uality

Sehun closed the door of the bathroom behind him and got undressed before stepping under the shower. After he was finished he wrapped a towel around his waist and looked in the mirror. "Is it really him?" he mumbled to himself.

10 years ago. Sehun's POV.

It was so cold, I remember feeling as if there was an ice cube in my nose. I was at the playground and heard all kinds of noises mixed together, but the sound of crying had caught my attention. I followed the sound and ended up standing in front of a boy that was around my age. He seemed to be really upset. "What's wrong?" I asked and he started to look up at me while trying to calm himself down. He pointed at a group of boys and then said they had beat him. Hearing that got me mad and I headed towards the boys. You would expect me to become a hero yet things didn't really go as you would think they would. I ended up getting beat myself and the boys quickly ran away after. Even though it hurt, I didn't cry and tried to smile in order to not upset the boy even more. Dragging my body next to him, I laughed. "That didn't go that well haha~" I said and the boy looked at me in confusion. "Aren't you hurt?" he sniffed at me and I shook my head. "Wounds heal and make me stronger, plus I earned myself a new friend right?~" I said, wanting to show the boy that it's not a bad thing. I then noticed the boy's lips slightly curving up and he dried his tears. "Gomawoyo, my name is Luhan by the way." the boy who's name appeared to be Luhan said as he gave a bright smile. 

Starting from that moment there wasn't a day we weren't together. We started attending the same school, played whenever we could and were never separated. That however wasn't all of it. About a year later my parents told me we were going to move far away due to my dad getting offered a great opportunity which of course really upset me. I didn't know how I was supposed tell Luhan, so until the very last day I kept everything hidden. That last day I didn't attend school, so of course Luhan would worry and come to my house to check on me. We went to my backyard and sat down in the grass. "Why weren't you at school today?" Luhan asked me while pouting. I bit my lips and looked down as I felt my eyes getting teary. "I... I'm leaving tonight.." I mumbled softly. Luhan looked at me confused. "To where? Will you be away for long?" he asked, clueless. "Somewhere far away from here... A-and it might be forever." I said with a shaky voice before tearing up completely. As Luhan looked at me, knowing I was not joking he started to cry as well. "B-but Sehunnie can't move away, I love you!" He cried as he hugged me. His words shocked me a bit, not knowing if they were serious or not. But he knew one thing for sure, he actually did Luhan in a serious way. "I love you too, I promise we'll meet one day." I said while having calmed down. Luhan looked up at me while sniffing and nodded his head. "And when we do, we'll get married right?" he asked with puckered lips which made me chuckle a bit. "Of course, I promise!" I smiled as I held up my pinky, which we then linked to confirm the promise. 


Present

Thinking back of his most precious childhood memory, Sehun's heart started beating a bit faster. The reason he was in this place was because he would refuse to date any girl, mess up every arranged date by his parents, and would always say he was taken by Luhan. What was bothering him the most however was that he could recognize him, yet he didn't recognize Sehun. And even if he did, it was 10 years ago and they were small kids. So would Luhan still feel the same way about Sehun as back then? Sehun got out of the bathroom and looked at Luhan who was reading a book. His heartbeat would once again increase and he slicked his saliva as he went into his closet to change his clothes. Whether Luhan still knew him or not, still liked him or not, he would definitely win him for himself again.