Part 5 - Dreams

(X)

“I’ve been having these.. Dreams”

“Dreams?”

“Yeah except they don’t feel like dreams they feel real.”

“How so?”

Sehun stared at the blank wall in front him trying to figure out how to explain it correctly. He felt stupid even mentioning it, but it had been bothering him for weeks now. It felt real, almost as if it were a flashback. He shifted in his seat then sighed. “Never mind it’s just a dream” he looked at the doctor who was staring at him with concerned eyes.

“I don’t even need to be here” he muttered standing up and leaving. “You know Sehun dreams can tell a lot about our subconscious. Why don’t you tell me?” Sehun stopped and turned around. He wasn’t going to deny that he was curious. He sighed.

“Fine. In my dream Im walking around a neighborhood, one I’ve never seen before. But it feels almost familiar. In my dream there’s something almost leading me to a house.”

“A house?”

Sehun nodded “yeah, the doors are open so I let myself in, the first thing I see is a toy airplane floating around by itself. It’s not battery powered. It’s made out of wood” he paused trying to remember details.

“…the farther I walk into the house I end up seeing these two boys sitting on the floor. They’re looking up at more floating toys. Suddenly a high pitched noise starts, and they turn to look at me.”

He stopped running a hand through his hair trying to find the right words “the sky outside gets darker and I get this strong feeling that I need to leave. As if something or someone is after me, the noise gets louder and so I turn around and run out of the house not looking back and then I…” He stopped.

“Then you..?” The doctor pressed. Sehun frowned “then I wake up. Everytime” there was a long pause the ticking of his cheesy puppy clock being the only noise. The doctor wrote down a few notes on his notepad and sighed. “Thank you for seeing me today Sehun, we can schedule an appointment next week to talk more about these dreams”

“that’s it? You’re not going to diagnose me? Or give me advice? Not even sleeping pills?” The doctor smiled softly shaking his head “it’s only our first meeting, too early to diagnose you with anything. I highly doubt there’s anything wrong with you. You’re a young man, weird dreams tend to happen” Sehun fought the urge to roll his eyes. He was so full of it.

“Thank you for your time doctor, I’ll see you next week then” Sehun stood up and bowed walking out of the room. Well that was a waste of fifty bucks. Suho and Kyungsoo could have told him that for free. He had decided to get his dreams analyzed by a professional since everything Sehun said or did was related to his powers. According to Suho. Maybe he was right. His powers were the only thing that made him, him.

“Sehun-ah” speak of the devil.. Sehun turned to see a smiling Suho walking his way, “how have you been?” Sehun nodded “ok I guess”

“And your gift?” Sehun sighed “haven’t used it” Suho grinned seeing right through his lie. “So you’ve been practicing” They walked outside the building and a black short skirt caught his eye, the girl wearing it was too hot to pass this opportunity. “You can say that…”

Sehun lifted his fingers sending a surge of wind towards the black miniskirt, grinning as he caught site of her long legs and black matching underwear. She shrieked grabbing the edges of her skirt trying to keep it from flying up again.

Sehun laughed but stopped when he saw Suho’s disappointed look. “Aw hyung it’s just harmless fun” Suho sighed and kept walking “how did you get here? I could really use a ride. The bus has been so crowded lately” Sehun bit his lip he hated the bus too but he didn’t want to give Suho a ride… He would only get scolded more.

“I guess a ride wouldn’t hurt” he muttered. Sehun led them towards his car and opened the doors getting in, “Where to?”

“My apartment would be great I…” Suho stopped as his phone started to ring. He looked at the called I.D and answered “Kyungsoo I just ran into Sehun…. What?” Suho froze. Sehun leaned forward trying to listen to what Kyungsoo was saying on the other line.

“Fire? Where? He did? Who is chasing them? Tonight? Ok I’ll be right there” Suho hung up, his brows furrowing. “Change of plans, can you take me to the research center?” Sehun nodded, and started to drive. He knew better than to ask what was going on.

He quickly drove to the research center and parked in the nearest spot. Suho got quickly got out “thank you so much Sehun” he forced a smile. “Wait no, Hyung I forgot my jacket there the other day” Sehun got out of the car and saw Suho already running into the building. Well he was in a hurry.

Sehun ran after him, going down to the buildings basement. He could already hear yelling before he even entered the room. “CHANYEOL-AH GRAB THOSE FILES” Kyungsoo yelled. The whole place was chaos as Kyungsoo, Suho and two other guys shoved everything into bags. “Baekhyun here” Suho threw one of them a rag. “Wipe everything down”

Sehun walked to the office chair retrieving his jacket, he looked at Suhos laptop and notice an article on it “Forest Fire goes out of control, two suspects flee from scene.” Sehun read quitely. “Hyung, do you guys have something to do with this?”

They all stopped and looked at him, none of them daring to say anything. “Yah! Who are you?” One of the new guys yelled at him. “Baekhyun, Chanyeol this is Sehun. He’s like us too” like them? They had powers too?

Kyungsoo walked up to Sehun, his eyes wider than usual “listen Sehun it’s best if you just leave”

“Hyung what’s going on?”

“We’re leaving for a while.”

“Out of Seoul?”

“The country most likely” he closed the laptop and grabbed it stuffing it in a black backpack. “I’m sorry Sehun but we won’t be able to help you with your powers any longer” Sehun looked at Baekhyun he had no shoes on and was wearing white pants and shirt that almost resembled doctor scrubs. Suho and Kyungsoo had never mentioned him before, or Chanyeol.

“They’re here!” Suho yelled, the office was now almost empty except for scattered test tubes, office chairs, desks, old newspapers and Sehuns small windmill he would practice on. “Sehun come with us quickly” Kyungsoo yelled. Sehun followed them as they ran up the emergency stairs that led to the building back door.

Suho opened the metal door with a keycard and they ran outside. “Where’s Baekhyun?!” Chanyeol said frantically. “I’m here!” Sehun turned around and saw Baekhyun come outside last in his hand the small windmill. “Here I saw you looking at it. Figured it was important”

Sehun quickly took it shocked that he even noticed, “let’s go!” Kyungsoo yelled as they ran towards the parking lot. “Sehun… Go home forget about us and this place ok? Practice your powers” Suho said giving his shoulder a light squeeze before running to join the others.

He looked at the toy windmill in his hand, using some of his power to make it spin. He had to go with them. He didn’t know why but something felt familiar about this situation. Like in his dream he knew he had to follow his instincts and run.

Sehun ran after them quickly catching up “Wait! I’m going with you guys!” Suho shook his head “you’re too young. Go home, keep studying, please Sehun” Sehun gripped the windmill and stared at the three guys stubbornly. “My car is better than running we can get out of here faster”

“Great lets go!” Chanyeol muttered obviously tired of running. His Hyungs glanced at each other uneasily before nodding at the same time.

“alright fine… Everyone to Sehuns car fast!”