Part 2 - Time

(X)

His long slender fingers tapped impatiently against the dark wood

For being a cafe, soft peaceful chatter was not what was happening here. His whole body itched with the need to use his gift, but he shouldn’t. Kai had already drained him from the other day. A couple minutes were fine but hours took his energy.

Tao took a sip of his coffee and sighed, Kai would be here any minute… Or at least any of Taos minutes. He grinned and closed his eyes slowly feeling time come to a stop.

Silence. Just how he liked it. His eyes opened slowly and took in the scenery in front of him, everyone except him frozen in time, a women had been pouring sugar into her drink the small white grains frozen in mid-air. A young biker outside had one leg on the ground the other in the air as he tried getting off. Tao stood up and walked slowly as if he had all the time in the world… Which he did.

He left the small cafe walking into the sunlight, he glanced at the sky wonderingly, he had always been curious to know if his powers froze time and space or just time. Was the universe still going on as if nothing happened? Or did he freeze it too?

Tao shook his head he shouldn’t be thinking so much into it. He walked alongside the paved road amused at everyone’s frozen actions. He wanted to keep it going longer but his head was starting to throb, with a quick flick of his wrist everyone came back to life, not noticing that they had been frozen for a good five minutes.

He jumped as a car window shattered by him. “Every time….” He muttered annoyed, he walked away before the owner came and blamed him for it. Even though it was his fault.

Tao walked out of any hearing distance and grabbed his cell phone calling Kai..

“Tao”

“Where are you?”

He could hear him groan from the other end of the line “can’t you just come to London?”

“I would if I had your gift. It being in a plane for so long, and I don’t want to do it again Now…”

Before he could finish his sentence something crashed into him knocking him to the ground. “Ow! What is wrong with you?!” Tao whined,

Kai stood up and wiped the small trickle of blood falling from his ears. He rubbed his head and looked around “I’m here aren’t I?” Tao rolled his eyes and ended the phone call. “So why are we in Spain?” Kai looked around him confused.

“I wanted to shop” Tao grinned smugly, Kai laughed and hit his arm

“fine lets go, maybe I can find a miss Spain”

********

“Park Chanyeol…”

The women frowned “you boys don’t look like family, and only family is allowed” Kyungsoo frowned and looked at Suho. He was always better at talking to people than he was.

“He’s a very close friend of ours, we’ve known each other our whole life’s practically a brother please?” Suho pleaded, The nurse bit her lips and nodded slowly “alright but make it quick” Kyungsoo smiled and thanked her quickly walking to Chanyeols room the beeping of heart monitors were heard from every hallway. “Hospitals give me the creeps” Suho muttered.

Kyungsoo couldn’t help but grin as he found the door to Chanyeols room “horror movies give you the creeps Hyung” Suho sighed as Kyungsoo opened the door. The room was like any other hospital room a white bed, monitors, a TV, chairs for the guest. Except one problem…

“He’s not here.” Suho muttered

“Yes he is” Kyungsoo knew he had heard a door shut right when they opened the room, he walked towards the bathroom and knocked. “Kyungsoo he’s not here”

He bit his lip and grabbed the doorknob opening the bathroom quickly. Chanyeol jumped about two feet in the air looking at both of them with wide eyes. “Why are you hiding?” Kyungsoo demanded.

“Because I am sick of all this questioning” Chanyeol pushed past both of them and walked back to his bed. “Let’s get this over with,
no I did not start the fire,
yes I was in the house,
no I didn’t put any type of fire resistant liquids on me,
And finally Yes I am completely. Thank you and have a good day”

Chanyeol grinned looking proud of himself, “we’re not detectives we’re just researchers… But then you wouldn’t mind if I took a look at your palms” Suho answered.

"My palms?”

“Yes. Let me see them” Chanyeol looked at the two guys for a second before stretching out his hand. It was hardly noticeable but it was there, a small light scar on his palm that would’ve made anyone believe it was a scar he got when he was young. Kyungsoo knew better. “You said you didn’t get burned right?”

“Yup”

“Interesting…” Suho looked at him clearly thinking the same thing. He was gifted too. “Fire… That’s really cool”

“Really dangerous though.” Kyungsoo didn’t know what they should do with him or how to even approach it. “You started the fire” he muttered getting straight to the point.

“I already said I didn’t!” Chanyeols posture changed his muscles tensed and he looked nervous, his eyes grew bigger as he looked at his palm. “It wasn’t your fault though… Was it?” Suho asked calmly, Chanyeol kept looking at his palm, “I didn’t mean to…. It was an accident.” The room grew silent as they contemplated what that meant.

Kyungsoo felt sorry for him he knew what it felt kind to say those exact words. “What happened? Remember we’re not detectives or police… We just want to help”

“You won’t believe me if I told you..”

“Try us” Chanyeol flexed his fingers and sighed “it’s better if I show you” he grabbed a piece of paper off the desk by his bed and stared at it, slowly the paper caught on fire, bright orange and red flames engulfing the sheet into nothing, the flame almost reached his hand before it suddenly went out.

“You know how to control it well..” Suho muttered in awe. Chanyeol grinned “I’ve had practice…. Wait why aren’t you guys freaking out?”

Kyungsoo bit his lip “it’s a long story but It will have to be later because it’s not safe to talk about it here” As if one cue a nurse walked into the room ending the conversation. “Alright, time to leave he needs to rest” Suho smiled and nodded

“thank you for letting us visit our friend” the women smiled “it was no problem now shoo before I get in trouble” they smiled and nodded.

“Oh, Chanyeol… when you get out come find us.” Chanyeol nodded as they both walked out of the room “Hyung how is he going to find us?”

“I gave him our address”

Kyungsoo looked at him shocked. Suho was quick with things and sometimes he didn’t even notice. “Do you think he’ll come?” Suho nodded

“I’m positive”

*******

(Chanyeol POV)

He could hear them talking outside his door.

It was two men, and a women. His name had been mentioned several times so he had decided to sit on the floor and listen. The room was dark but he kept his window opened to let the moonlight in. Chanyeol pressed his ear to the door trying to make out the words.

“You need to keep him here”

“But he’s fine, the doctor said he can be released tomorrow”

“We’ll talk to him. Park Chanyeol is not a normal patient. He needs to stay here so we can keep an eye on him”

Chanyeol gulped and looked down at his palm again, the scar was almost gone but the two guys earlier had noticed it. Every time he would use his power he would get burned. Which he found ironic. The scar wouldn’t last though, even a third degree burn on his palm would vanish after a while.

But only if it was his flames. He had tried burning himself with a candle to test it out and ended up keeping that scar forever.  

The two guys from earlier today knew what he was, he somehow trusted them. They weren’t like the other people questioning him. They seemed to understand. Not the two outside his door right now.

“Make sure he doesn’t leave tomorrow.” They ended the conversation and he heard their footsteps as they walked away. Something didn’t feel right, his heart pounded and he could feel his hands burning. A sign a flame was about to sprout from them.

He had to leave, and leave now.