Part 11 - Tower

(X)

Kyungsoo stormed into the small hotel room seeing what he feared.

They weren’t here. He ran towards the bathroom, nothing. Their belongings were gone too. How could be so stupid for leaving them? He slipped his hand into his pocket grabbing a marble, black. He grabbed another one black again. His heart dropped. He hoped they were ok.

He grabbed another one and images filled his head. It was Kai, he was still in the hotel. He was surrounded by bedsheets. The laundromat. He let go of the marble and ran towards the hotels laundry room hoping no workers caught him. He grabbed the door to the laundry room and almost yelled in frustration. It was locked. “Kai!” He slammed on the door not caring who heard. “Kai!”

“Shhh!” Someone covered his mouth. Kyungsoo pulled away to see Kai behind him. “They could still be here!” Kyungsoo looked around and shook his head. “They’re gone… Along with all of them.” Kai punched the wall and sighed “I should’ve stayed and helped them”

“Why didn’t you?”

“Suho.. He kept yelling at me to leave.” Kyungsoo nodded. Smart move. “No it’s a good thing you left, you would’ve been caught if you had stayed.”

“We have to save them” Kai looked around frantically. Kyungsoo nodded “first we need to find out where they are” he grabbed Kais hand and pulled him down the hall “where are we going?!” Kyungsoo walked faster “somewhere where they can’t find us. We need to buy ourselves some time”

*****
(Chen POV)

His eyes opened slowly cringing at the bright white light.

“He’s waking up” He heard someone mutter. Chen groaned sitting up and rubbing his head he felt like he had been run over by a train. He took in the scenery in front of him it was a white room, the lights disturbingly bright and his clothes had been changed to look more like hospital scrubs. “No no no no” he groaned.

Chen stood up walking towards the metal door and pounding on it. This can’t be happening. “It’s no use” he heard someone say behind him. He looked back to see two guys in the room. He didn’t know them. one was wearing the same clothes as him and the other was wearing a grey suit.

Chen turned around and stretched his hand towards the door concentrating on his power but there was nothing. He couldn’t feel it. “Your powers are temporarily gone. They should be back in an hour. Not that they’d let you get them back” Chen turned around and sighed “You must be Baekhyun” he saw Baekhyuns eyes widen at the mention of his name.

“How do you know who I am?!” The guy beside him sighed but didn’t say anything. “My name is Chen and I was helping your friends look for you and Sehun, but they caught us and shot us with these darts… I can’t remember much after that except fainting”

“You were shot with a formula that suppresses your powers for an hour. Guess they mixed it in with an anesthetic.” The guy looked at his watch and frowned “Baekhyun I should go… It’s almost time”

“Time for what?”

Baekhyun frowned and Chen walked over to them feeling impatient “time for what?” He repeated. Baekhyun just nodded “alright Lay.. Guess I’ll see you when I’m in pain” he laughed half heartedly. Lay didn’t smile he put a hand on Baekhyuns shoulder then walked to Chen doing the same before leaving the room.

“Time for what?!” Chen almost yelled causing Baekhyun to flinch. “Time for them to start their daily testing”

*****
(Suhos Pov)

“It’s ok. We’re going to be fine” he muttered the words over and over trying to calm them.

He looked at Sehun and Tao who were laying on the floor. He wished he could’ve been happy about seeing Sehun, but he looked too fragile. They had thrown him and Tao into the same room as Sehun and took Chanyeol, Xiumin and Chen somewhere else.

Suho hoped Kyungsoo and Kai had left. They shouldn’t try saving them. They had to do it alone. “We have to get out of here” he repeated his thoughts standing up and walking to the metal door. “We can’t..” Sehuns voice cracked. Tao looked at Sehun worryingly and nodded at Suho “but how? Our powers aren’t working”

“There has to be a way” his fingers trailed across the cold metal searching for any sign of a weak spot. There wasn’t any. He looked back at younger ones of the group and shook his head sadly. “It can’t end like this”

“I should’ve never left Seoul” Sehun muttered quietly. Suho didn’t agree. They would’ve been caught either way. He sighed looking at his hands… Just one drop of water. Anything to show him his gift was back. His mouth felt dry and he heard the first string of voices start again. He was dehydrated.

He fell to the floor leaning against the wall and started closing his eyes. He had to stay focused. For Sehun and Tao. Suho shook his head a few times and croaked over to the two. “How are you guys feeling?” Tao shrugged “I’m fine”

“You’re still ugly though” Sehun muttered, Tao rolled his eyes causing Suho to laugh. At least their personalities were ok. “Where do you think Kyungsoo and Kai are?” Tao turned to Suho.

He thought about it “knowing Kyungsoo… They’re hiding. It’s the safest thing to do right now.”

A beeping sound suddenly rang causing Suho to stiffen. He’s heard it before. The metal door opened and three men in dark suits came in two staying at the door protecting it and one walking towards Sehun “patient 35AN time for your testing” Sehuns eyes widened and he quickly stood up backing away from them.

The man roughly grabbed his arm dragging him towards the door “Hyung help me! I don’t want to go make them stop!” Sehun cried tears filling his usual steady eyes. He pulled at his arm but the man was stronger. Suho stood up running towards the them and trying to tear his grasp away from Sehun

“He’s just a kid! Let him go!” Tao stood up and grabbed Sehuns other arm. “Hyung..” Sehun repeated through choked sobs and grunts from pulling away. He couldn’t let them get hurt, there had to be another way. His heart stopped when he saw another man walking into the room he grabbed Sehun by the collar and tugged.

Tao lost his grip and Suho fell back “STOP STOP” he yelled trying to get them to let go of Sehun. “Take me! Take me instead!”

“NO!” Tao and Sehun cried at the same time. The two men looked at each other and nodded throwing Sehun on the ground and making him hit his head against the floor. “Hyung no! You can’t go!”

Suho walked towards the men forcing a smile. He was scared and his whole body shook but he couldn’t let anything happen to these kids. “Hyung will be ok. Just stay safe” he was grabbed by his shoulders the grip strong enough to bruise as they led him out of room.

Suho tried blocking out the sounds of Sehun and Tao yelling at him to run as the metal door shut behind him.

****
(Kai’s POV)

“Concentrate”

“I’m trying!”

“Try harder.”

Kyungsoo’s brows furrowed as Kai let go of his shoulder and walked up to a wall slamming his hand against it. The sound echoing through the empty house. “I can’t do it. I just can’t!”

He could hear the strain in his own voice as he felt blood trickle down the side of his ear ear slowly. “Does it hurt?” Kai shook his head “no. Not really.” Kyungsoo sighed “do you want to try again?”

Kai shook his head again. “It’s impossible I can’t teleport more than just myself. I’ve tried before with Tao.” He wiped the blood off his face and turned to look at Kyungsoo his dark eyes showing nothing. “Here” Kyungsoo muttered taking out a marble.

It was a bigger than a normal marble, the color a grey silver that looked more metallic. the light of the lamp beside them reflecting of the surface. “What’s this?” Kyungsoo outstretched his hand but he didn’t dare take it before knowing what it was.

“I found it in this house” Kyungsoo muttered nodding towards the large staircase beside them. “I’m not sure what they are, but there’s ten of them so I’m guessing one represents each of us and when you hold it you get to see through that persons eyes.”

Kai raised an eyebrow “you expect me to believe that? We don’t have time for games right now” Kyungsoo glared at him causing him to falter, Kai looked at the small marble and held his breath as he reached for it. His fingers wrapped around the marble and he stiffened as the walls and scene in from of him changed.

He was was now in a small white and he could see Sehun crouching in the corner of the room. Wind filled his ears and he felt himself teleporting as he crashed against a clean white floor. Kai groaned propping himself up. “Kai?” He heard Tao yell in shock.

Kai turned just as Tao and Sehun hugged him, “where’s the others?”

“We don’t know we’ve been stuck in this room for hours. Kai they took Suho hyung. We have to save him who knows what they’re doing to him right now” Tao almost choked from speaking too fast. “We need to find out where you are first” his eyes fixed on the metal doors frame.

He quickly teleported outside of Sehun and Tao’s room finding himself at the end of a hallway that stretched for a couple more feet to the left. He could hear metal clanking and papers being ruffled from the other end. He walked carefully holding his breath so no one would hear him.

As he got closer he could hear people talking quietly amongst themselves. They were speaking Mandarin which meant he was still in China. He wished Kyungsoo was here. He couldn’t do this alone he wasn’t cut out for these things.

No one was. He thought about how good life was just a couple weeks ago. Things had changed so quickly. Everything was falling apart. He held in a frustrated groan and listened as they started walking out of the room.

Kai waited until the door closed and stepped into the room gasping. He didn’t think it would be so big. The whole room was constructed in circular form, monitors of every kind hung from the walls, as different set of laptops rested on clear glass tables. On the right side of the room lay stacks of folders and files he prayed he wouldn’t have to go through.

Kai ran towards the monitors his eyes skimming through the pictures of them. “Seoul, Paris, Berlin, London, Spain, Almaty..” They had been following them all along. Kai suddenly felt like breaking everything in the room. They had always been one step ahead of them. Following and observing their every move.

He heard footsteps above him and he wondered what type of room it was. Kai closed his eyes and teleported to the space above him he fell back on a glass table shattering it, the sound ruining any chance he had of being discreet. It was just like the room underneath except this one had photos of them posted everywhere along with numbers and codes by their names.

In the middle of the room was a crystal table similar to the one he had just broken. The only difference being it had sets of needles and darts that had a tube filled with a light blue liquid.

“Hey!” Kai jumped at the voice and acted on instinct running towards the table and knocking over the needles. He stepped on the tubes as he saw five men running towards him with guns. Time to leave.

He teleported another floor above him. It was a room exactly like the bottom two. The security alarm started ringing as red lights flashed around the room. He teleported two floors up and landed on a soft leather couch. He heard a women shriek beside him.

Kai looked around and realized he was in an entirely different building. The inside was huge and the walls were all windows facing the sea. The architecture modern with trees planted inside. Small shops were around him as well as people. They were all looking at him.

He looked at the woman by him. She had seen him teleport, they all had. He suddenly felt trapped. He didn’t know what to do. It seemed like every pair of eyes was on him. Kai got off the couch and turned around as a group of men in dark suits came out of the elevator.

“There he is!” Kai ran towards the crowd concentrating on teleporting again. It wasn’t working, he shoved past a group of teenagers trying to get away from his chasers. He ducked into a small shop and ignored the angry shop owner as he jumped over the counter and behind the cash register. He closed his eyes and felt his body vibrate as he teleported out.

Kai landed against the wall and gasped falling down. “Kai! Are you ok? What happened?” He felt Kyungsoo grab his arm and he calmed down almost immediately. “I know where they are” he gasped.

“Where?! Where are they?”

“Shanghai tower”

Kyungsoo helped support his weight and Helped him up. “Shanghai tower?” Kyungsoo asked. Kai shook his head.

“They’re under Shanghai tower”