Part 4 - Ice

(X)

Forget. Forget everything.

It’s what he always told himself before drinking. He walked alongside the brick wall his vision blurred and his mind fogged. All he wanted to do was get to his hotel and watch T.V and forget.

Xiumin took a swig of his beer and tossed it aside, he heard voices ahead but didn’t care enough to listen. He just had to concentrate on not passing out in the middle of the street. He gripped his skateboard tightly and kept walking. Just forget. The voices got closer and he saw two blurred shapes in front of him. He couldn’t make out detail, he was too drunk for that.

Move… He thought bitterly, Xiumin pushed passed them causing one of the guys to stumble over. “Hey! What’s wrong with you!” He kept walking. He didn’t have time for another drunken brawl. “Just forget it Tao.. He’s wasted” he heard one of them say. That’s right… Just forget.

Xiumin kept walking suddenly tripping and falling on his face. He was so wasted, He couldn’t even keep track of where his feet where going. He groaned and stood up watching in a daze as the ground started freezing slowly. He needed another drink.

He managed to reach his hotel, quickly going up the stairs to his room, the place was dark, and smelled of old mold. You could hear the echoes of a nearby leak as it dropped and hit the ground. Finally home. Xiumin grabbed a clear glass cup from the counter and sat on the couch he stared at the blank screen for a few seconds before realizing he had forgot to turn it on.

His mind spun and he couldn’t remember where he had last put the remote. Suddenly the screen flashed causing him to jump. “What the hell…” He muttered quietly. Images appeared, at first it was static grains of black and white appearing. He leaned in closer squinting his eyes to see better. A high pitched sound coming from it. He had heard it before… Suddenly images started flashing on the screen and the noise became louder. He could hear a thin whisper of voices through all the static and noise. It was more than one person.

His head started pounding and images flashed in his mind, they were almost the same as the ones on his T.V only more detailed and colorful.

No. Not again.

Xiumins heart dropped. Forget. He has to forget. He set down the cup hearing as it froze over as he ran out the room. He quickly ran down the stairs jumping the last step. He had to Forget. He walked out of the old building gasping. He couldn’t escape. No matter where he traveled. Why was this happening to him?

“Hey are you ok?” He suddenly felt an arm on his shoulder and Xiumin jumped.

********
(KAI POV)

Kai felt his whole hand turn cold, his sleeve freezing until it became rigid, frost forming around the edges of the fabric. He pulled his hand away quickly looking at the guy in surprise. “I’m sorry” he muttered before running away.

Kai looked down at his hand flexing it. Did he just do that? “Ok… I bought my plane tickets online. I will be leaving in the morning. Are you teleporting tonight or tomorrow?” He couldn’t answer Tao, Kai kept glancing at his hand in complete shock. The ice had melted and his sleeve was completely wet now. “Kai?”

Kai looked at Tao “what? Oh… I guess I’ll go tonight.” Tao nodded looking at his phone and grinned “alright then, I guess I should go to bed then. I need energy for tomorrow’s plane ride” he grimaced and Kai gave him a sympathetic look.  ”I’ll see you tomorrow then” Tao sighed and nodded as he walked away.

Kai looked at his sleeve again and closed his eyes the rush of wind filled his ears as he teleported twenty feet away from where he was standing. Not here. He did another twenty feet this time crashing into a wall. Pain shot up his forehead, He really needed to get the hang of this landing thing.

He sighed and took a look around. There he was. “Hey!” Kai yelled at him, the guy didn’t listen. He had put on a pair of dark headphones. Kai quickly closed his eyes transporting himself directly behind him. He grabbed his shoulder this time making sure only his sleeve touched him.

The guy turned around shocked, his jaw dropped open as he tore off his headphones. “What do you want?” Kai stumbled back a bit. His breath reeked of alcohol. Aside from his drunken presence he looked scared, his face was pale and his eyes dark. As if he’d just seen a ghost. “You…” He didn’t know how to word it correctly.

“You froze my sleeve just now” Kai finished awkwardly. The guy glanced at his sleeve “doesn’t look frozen to me”

Kai scratched his head, he looked at the guys skateboard in dark printed letters was the name Xiumin. “Xiumin is it? I’m Kai.” Xiumin just nodded not saying anything so Kai continued “I was just wondering how you did that..”

“Did what?”

“Freeze my sleeve” Xiumin looked at his sleeve again “look I have to go. I’m not on the mood for pranks kid” Xiumin muttered. He took out a beer from his backpack and opened it. Xiumin cursed under his breath and dropped the can as frost formed around it. “So you can freeze things” Kai spoke quietly. He didn’t want to upset him, this guy could probably turn him into a human icicle.

“Yeah I can, and apparently you can teleport” he muttered grabbing another can. Kai took it from him and blinked as he disappeared right in front of Xiumin. He landed four feet behind him and threw the can. “This is amazing I thought me and Tao were the only ones with powers” he muttered walking back to him.

“Tao?”

“My friend and business partner. We’re traveling the world right now we were in Spain two days ago and now we’re here in Berlin. It’s all just for… Fun” he finished not wanting to get into detail on what he meant by fun. Xiumin sighed and looked away “alright I’ll go with you.” Kai raised an eyebrow that wasn’t an invitation. He didn’t know this guy or what he was capable of. “You don’t want to do that.”

“Why not?” Xiumin pressed. “Because we don’t know each-other, and traveling costs a lot of money and time” something Kai and Tao had a lot of. “I’ll take care of myself, I’m traveling as well. Trying to get away from certain things. Just let me tag along” Xiumin looked at the floor “besides….”

Snow started forming from the ground, not the soft kind that makes a kid want to jump in it and spent the day outdoors building a snowman and having snowball fights,

But the dirty frozen type, the one that has been polluted by the city and been around for weeks. The kind of snow that burns if you fall on it. Kai flinched taking a step back. “Your now the only one I know who’s like me..” Kai nodded and looked at Xiumin he still looked scared but there was something else he was hiding. He knew something else. Xiumin looked away from the ground and met eyes with Kai, “so when are we leaving?”

Kai bit his lip wondering what he had just done. Tao was going to be furious. “I’m leaving tonight but if you can book a flight then you’re leaving tomorrow morning, to France”

Xiumin nodded a grin spreading across his lips “done”