Part 1

(X)

“Shh”

He traced his finger lightly across her lips smiling softly. “I want to remember this moment” she smiled up at him bringing her hand up to caress his cheek. “I love you” she whispered.

Kai felt himself stiffen he looked at the clock on her bedside table it was noon already. He wasted too much time on her, he looked back at her annoyed “I think I should go” she frowned at him “aren’t you going to say it back?” He sighed kissing her nose “if I say it now it wouldn’t be special enough for me. I want it to be at the perfect moment. Ok Jagi?”

She nodded slowly kissing him softly. Kai kissed her back and got off the bed, quickly putting on his pants and shirt leaving his hair messy. “I’ll call you later” he winked at her and left her bedroom walking out of her apartment. He stared out into the California air feeling the ocean breeze hit his face.

He walked a couple of blocks enjoying the warm sun and busy streets. Skateboarders road past him and street musicians played on the boardwalk. Kai bought an ice cream taking his sweet time. He walked a couple more streets before turning into an empty alleyway. He loosened his body and made sure no one was around.

Kai closed his eyes feeling a familiar tingle as a rush of air filled his ears the only way to describe the noise was being beside a plane taking off. His body was thrown and he roughly landed in the middle of a New York apartment. He coughed loudly his head pounding. “You really should work on your landing”

Kai frowned standing up straightening his pants “it’s harder than it looks ok?” Tao raised an eyebrow as he played on his phone. “How was miss California?” Kai rolled his eyes “cross her off the list” he walked to the kitchen grabbing a beer from the fridge. “Why? She was hot” Kai snorted “yeah but she said she loves me”

Tao laughed and nodded “alright.. California is now off the list” Kai sighed taking a sip of his drink “why do they always have to fall in love with me? Why can’t they just keep me for the way I do?” Tao rolled his eyes but didn’t comment. Kai looked at his friend and assistant giving him his famous pout.

“I wasted three hours on her” Tao shook his head and whined “no.. Not today” Kai groaned and shook his drink “I’ll buy you that new car seat you wanted” Taos eyes immediately brightened and he stood up. “Done.” Kai quickly ran to him and Tao grabbed a hold of his shoulder as he closed his eyes and concentrated.

Kai could never get used to the feeling of being physically rewinded. It wasn’t like transporting where his body dissolved slowly this was mentally tiring. His head throbbed and he could see the shadows of himself passing around them as he transported to California that morning. he saw shadows of tao walking backwards going into the kitchen and eating breaking and going back to bed. A small crack in the distance sounded before Tao let go of his shoulder.

Tao sighed looking at the broken vase. “Something always has to break I swear” Kai took out his phone and grinned “nine in the morning. Perfect, thank you” he quickly ran to his room changing into warmer clothing. “Who are you visiting now?” Tao asked sounding drained. Kai gave him a sympathetic look as he buttoned up his coat “I was thinking Ally in Canada”

Tao laughed “Ally is from Chicago, Vanessa is in Canada.” Kai frowned not remembering who is who. “Who’s hotter?” Tao looked at his phone “I think the hottest is seyji from London” Kai raised an eyebrow “London?” Tao nodded “might as well, you’re already dressed for cold weather”

Kai bit his lip he wasn’t very good at transporting from countries yet. It always ended with him getting a headache or his ear bleeding. There was always a defect with their powers.

Tao always broke something or erased Kai’s memory for a few hours.  He thought about London the way her curves were formed and how soft her hair always was. She would definitely be satisfying..He sighed and nodded “you’re right she’s the hottest” he quickly fixed his hair “you have a meeting at one don’t forget” Tao mumbled.

Kai grinned “it’s ok if I’m late you can always just do your magic” Tao glared at him and he laughed “I’m kidding Hyung. I won’t be late”

with that Kai closed his eyes feeling a rush of air again as he roughly landed on rough cement. The cold air bit at his face as he stood up straightening his coat.

He should’ve picked a warmer place. A few cars drove past and he sighed and nodded

“England.”

*******
(D.O POV)

“Concentrate”

“I’m trying”

“Try harder”

Kyungsoo watched as Sehun glared at the small toy windmill his hand outstretched towards it. Kyungsoo felt his hair start ruffling and he saw the windmill start to spin “yes good Sehun keep doing whatever you’re doing” Sehun grunted and the windmill spun faster, wind started blowing inside the room making papers fly everywhere.

“Ok Sehun you can stop now” Kyungsoo yelled at him. Sehun closed his eyes ducking from a cardboard box that was thrown their way. “I don’t know how!” Kyungsoo shielded his face with his arms as he grabbed Sehuns arms “SUHO!” The door to the basement opened and Kyungsoo backed away just as Sehun had water poured all over him.

The wind stopped and Sehun looked at the floor spitting out water. “Sorry” Suho apologized quickly. Sehun sighed wringing out his shirt. “I should get to class” he picked up his backpack and stared at D.O and Suho “I thought the point of these experiments were for me to get better with my power” they didn’t say anything and Sehun rolled his eyes walking out.

“Yah!” Suho yelled at him “don’t forget” Sehun groaned and nodded “I know don’t tell anyone that I’m a walking talking fart!” He walked out of the room annoyed. Kyungsoo couldn’t help but laugh “he’s sort of cute isn’t he?” Suho grinned “adorable but he’s right we are supposed to be helping him control it”

Kyungsoo looked around the old basement and frowned “how can we with the funds the university is giving us?” Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow at Suho but he waved him off “I can’t use my money and you know that” they sighed “with the experiments  we want to do we need military equipments and government funding”

Suho shook his head “you know that’s not an option. Or else they’d turn us into military equipment” Kyungsoo walked to his laptop checking the news. Something that had become a habit after realizing there were more people like them out there.

He felt his muscles tense and the floor shook slightly “well we better figure something out quick because I think we found our next guy”

Kyungsoo heard Suho walk up behind him peering over his shoulder.
“House set on fire. Source of fire unknown, witnesses say a young man was trapped inside it at the time but when he was rescued no damage to the lungs and no physical damage to the skin.”

Kyungsoo grinned “a miracle they’re calling it” Suho kept reading silently “what if it was just a miracle?”

“Only one way to find out… It says he was sent to seoul national university hospital for observation. I think we need to pay this….. Park Chanyeol a visit”